• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prove to me.

Sententia

The line gets old but so does "prove there is a god". ;):angel2:

I don't ask you to prove a god. Quite the contrary. Believe what you want.

There is no more proof for god then for minotaurs or centuars.

You can build a society and life around the centaur or god belief but I dont find that wise in my opinion or historically. Usually the idea of a creator belittles the real world and the efforts of our best and brightest. Religion discourages you to think for yourself. It says it has the answer and you do not need to look. Does it offer proof for such a controversial and important point of view?

No. Instead it demands you prove it wrong or you respect it. I believe respect needs to be earned and many religions are sorely lacking in their demand of such.

Sententia

You think "Science has proved that there is no God" doesn't get old? Don't make the claim when you can't back it up.

Has science disproven any of the other fantasical ideas I mentioned? Do I have to back up a disbelief in leprechauns and nixies in the same fashion I would have to back up the disbelief in god? Do you?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Has science disproven any of the other fantasical ideas I mentioned? Do I have to back up a disbelief in leprechauns and nixies in the same fashion I would have to back up the disbelief in god? Do you?
If you're stupid enough to make the claim, be prepared for the challenge.

Sententia

If you're stupid enough to make the claim, be prepared for the challenge.

I welcome such. Seriously when my nixie gods tell me to kill the christian followers you will all the sudden stand up and have an issue with it.

Like when holy wars continue today...

So the stakes seem to matter more then the subject. Any normal person would think the command of a nixie to be absolute nonsense unless the commands were somewhat peaceful and rational. But if the commands were barbaric and warlike, like crash these planes into the towers and you will be rewarded in underwater nixie afterlife with what have you then it seems to matter more doesnt it?

I dont care to debate the existance of god anymore then then the existance of leprechauns because I consider both to be on the same fantastical level. You believe in god or a god of sorts more devoutly then I because of some personal experience your brain has chosen to support such a belief.

And useless would it be to debate such an experience but more to the point would be to explore the why... Not that I am a psycholigist. But why did such an experience occur and why did it lead to the ends you have chosen to follow. You have invented your own religion right? A new religion? Something different and benign?

Sententia

Oh, and btw, those inane comparisons got old a long time ago, too.

Well lets put it more logically then.

Red is not yellow because I say it is. 1 does not equal a million on my say so and lightbulbs do not suck dark simply because you cant prove they dont.

We started to establish a means to define and explore reality. Rather then delve into that a rejection and made up whatever the heck you want physics and reality does not excuse 100s of years of science that speaks to the contrary. God does or does not exist based on your assertion or anyone elses.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Well lets put it more logically then.

Red is not yellow because I say it is. 1 does not equal a million on my say so and lightbulbs do not suck dark simply because you cant prove they dont.

We started to establish a means to define and explore reality. Rather then delve into that a rejection and made up whatever the heck you want physics and reality does not excuse 100s of years of science that speaks to the contrary. God does or does not exist based on your assertion or anyone elses.

Personally, I'd like to hear more about the nixies. How best should I abase myself before them in order to garner favor and avoid their righteous wrath?

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
I want all you fine, loving, religious people to prove to me that their is a god/some higher power/whatever the hell ya all call it. Prove it...I always see religous people say how real they think he is.

Because scientists have already pretty much proved their is no god...So why don't you all show some proof that your god exists...Come on, MAKE ME BELIEVE!
First of all, science cannot prove the non-existance of anything. And, I think that the proof you are looking for will only be found after you die. Have a nice struggle in the mean time.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Because scientists have already pretty much proved their is no god...So why don't you all show some proof that your god exists
Rather than waste my time with a poorly baited question, I shall ask you, how has science disproved the existence of any God?

Nah, my grandparents are extreme religious nuts, and they told me to come to this site sometime and sign up. They directed a bunch of family members here...So I decided okay.
As I'm sure you can tell by now, this site isn't just for Christians. It's for everybody.