• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

prove me wrong on evolution

Zeno

There is more to distinguishing the variation of life on this planet than species. I asked for direct evidence of classes of life being caused by evolution.

Yes there is, and it's called non-scientific distinguishing. By class I am sure you are not referencing this (as my link is the scientific use of "class").

Are you looking for something more like reptiles evolving into birds? Because there is a wealth of evidence on that.

Here's a start:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18075420/from/RS.5/
http://www.accessexcellence.org/WN/SUA12/dinobird398.html
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2002/02/020214080242.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feathered_dinosaur

I won't challange you on your knowledge but I will talk to you and maybe chalange some of your theorys on evolution if you have any like what is the process of evolution and why the world needs it to happen in a sertain order and where will it end up evolving to e.g like if you fast forward time to see where we as humans would be and why..

Zeno

I won't challange you on your knowledge but I will talk to you and maybe chalange some of your theorys on evolution if you have any like what is the process of evolution and why the world needs it to happen in a sertain order and where will it end up evolving to e.g like if you fast forward time to see where we as humans would be and why..

Well, it doesn't happen in a certain order. And no one knows what will happen if you "fast-forward." It is dependent on the environment and the individuals who are most fit to pass on their genes.

Heracles

Canadian eh
Who do you want to test you? The theists and/or creationists or the atheists and evolution experts? I don't think the creationists will dare challenge you (as they barely know what evolution is), and the atheists are just going to shun you sarcastically. If you want to show off your evolution knowledge, just reply and debate on other forums, this way just seems pompous. No offense.

Is it not posible that the next stage of evolution is to take the human brian from approx 10%-20% (there are diferent opinions on these %) up to 90% or even 99% functionality.... can that not be the next part of evolution for humans and what would we be able to atchive with that kind of brian power......

Did you know that evolution seems to diverse by three, e.g 3 atoms, 3 types of microbes (Saltly, Hot, Cold) evolution stars in the sea the splits onto land via a link through anphibians, then split into two vert, invert then splits again into mamal, reptilian that makes 3 (Rep, Anphib, Mam) then they also split into three Carnivore, Herbivore Omnivore... Why 3 strange 3 of everything and 3 atoms?? I don't know you will most likley no more than me.. I'm not up on that yet just started on that one..

And did you know that only whole number apart from its self (3) that will devide into 3 is 1 and guest the answer =3. 1 god 3 atoms the rest is history...

Zeno

Did you know that evolution seems to diverse by three, e.g 3 atoms, 3 types of microbes (Saltly, Hot, Cold) evolution stars in the sea the splits onto land via a link through anphibians, then split into two vert, invert then splits again into mamal, reptilian that makes 3 (Rep, Anphib, Mam) then they also split into three Carnivore, Herbivore Omnivore... Why 3 strange 3 of everything and 3 atoms?? I don't know you will most likley no more than me.. I'm not up on that yet just started on that one..

And did you know that only whole number apart from its self (3) that will devide into 3 is 1 and guest the answer =3. 1 god 3 atoms the rest is history...

What about birds, plants, fungi, etc?

birds are a form of reptiles and reptiles are from anphibians and plants split into 3 types on land and in the sea. Birds can be traced back to the dinosaours... but hey I a novise at this yet give a few days and I'll see what I can dig up..

Papersock

Lucid Dreamer
Is it not posible that the next stage of evolution is to take the human brian from approx 10%-20% (there are diferent opinions on these %) up to 90% or even 99% functionality.... can that not be the next part of evolution for humans and what would we be able to atchive with that kind of brian power......

Personally, I think we've pretty much stopped evolving. If we are, it's very slowly. Something drastic would have to happen for us to change very much.

Zeno

The whole "we only use 10% of our brain" is a common misconception - an old wives tale if you will. As someone pursuing a minor in neuroscience, I just wanted to point out that any number below 100% is false. (http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/pdf/tenper.pdf)

Evolution does not have goals. There is no rule that says evolution will make us more advanced. Things like cognition either increased our ability to pass on our genes, or were a by-product of somethings that did.

Personally, I think we've pretty much stopped evolving. If we are, it's very slowly. Something drastic would have to happen for us to change very much.

Well, we will never stop evolving. Technology just changes the environmental conditions that will decide which traits increase our chances to pass on our genes. For example, glasses and contact lenses have pretty much eliminated any disadvantage that someone with poor eyesight would have. Unless they somehow made the person less attractive to the opposite sex, but most of the time, this is not the case - especially with contact lenses.

However, a way in which evolution still persists is how well our body can fight of infection. Some recent studies (sorry for lack of source, I read this a while ago and can't find it) have shown that due to the close quarters many humans live in (city dwellers) we are evolving a stronger resiliency to contagious diseases than our more nomadic ancestors.

Do you have any scienctific fact information anywhere that says that the brian is infact a 100% fuctional. I am sure that you can find some evidence some where with all our technology advances of a brian scan or something that proves this old wives tail is totaly wrong without any shadow of doubt, (Not that we only use 10% of its current 100% fuctionallity).

Evolution you say has no goal that is where you are wrong evolution and nature is always fighting for life to survive in some form in the envronment that is being created by human fighting nature in the opposite direction (The Negative path).

Evolving I think depends on a few variables such as: Good food, clean water, clean air, cool atmosphere's(Temp) and if I looked into it more I could probably find more..... If all these factors are set on a good path then evolution will take the good and posative path to... If we continue to push nature in or on the negative bad path then bad things such as bird flu, mad cow and others will to try to fight those that are fighting nature.. Until the humans will lose natures science is older and greater than ours... Gods Law Nature System Created by God

Panda have a look at http://religiousscience.freewebspace.com/maths.html on the maths page there is a numbers game if you experment with numbers like this then you will find that and numbers that are posatively added numbers will also reduce to the same numbers like on the example diplayed this like evolution in some ways things alway work out on the right path... Then try subtracting numbers or using negative nubers this were thing don't seem to work out this is the sea of choas with maths once you go below 0 thing starting to go crazy... Lets keep life in the posative shall we??

)) 345 3+4+5 = 12 1+2 = 3
)+756 7+5+6 = 18 1+8 = 9
)) 239 2+3+9 = 14 1+4 = 5
----------------------------
1340 ---------- 44------- 17

1+3+4+0 = 8 4+4 = 8 1+7 = 8

they all add up to 8 now try it yourself with any numbers and try it with (-)negative numbers and or sub tractions if you try subtraction with posative numbers then you will find that it will work out only up untill the point of reaching 0 going past 0 number choas (The sea of choas for evolution)... Sorry about using the )) and ---- to space things because spacing don't align them good enough..

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Do you have any scienctific fact information anywhere that says that the brian is infact a 100% fuctional. I am sure that you can find some evidence some where with all our technology advances of a brian scan or something that proves this old wives tail is totaly wrong without any shadow of doubt, (Not that we only use 10% of its current 100% fuctionallity). [/quote}
*sigh* yes, there is overwhelming evidence... heck 20/20 even did a 'news' story about it.
check out:
http://www.brainconnection.com/topics/?main=fa/brain-myth
http://anatomynotes.blogspot.com/2006/03/brain-myths-and-facts.html
http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/tenper.html
http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/10percnt.htm

Brain scans clearly show we use 100% of our brain. Not all at once, as different parts of the brain work on different areas, but certenly more than 10% of it is going at any given time for any given task.

Evolution is neither negitive or positive. It is simply change.
And yes we are still evolving here are some examples of recent bennifical mutations in humans.
http://www.gate.net/~rwms/EvoHumBenMutations.html

wa:do

Thanks for the links I will look and give my opinion on their facts...

As Positive & Negatives go I can give you lots of Negative acts:-

Mistreating Animals (I am not animal rights activist but when you mistreat a animal as badly as we are doing their genetics starts to break down) i.e. you eat an animal that is a coach potato then you yourself will become one or you will have to exercise more in a society that provides not much time to do anything... or eat less but then vitamin and proteins intake are lowered health body and mind are affected... You eat and an animal that is an athlete then you will become one, you will not have to eat as much or exercise as much and will have more time to enjoy life’s pleasures with I healthier body and mind...

Two the major one rain forest been killed off!!!

Just two to start with...

All big negative against the world and nature you may think that we the humans are clever but in fact we will lose badly and I feel sorry for my children and everyone else’s children for that matter...
There are not so many positive that are happening today for mother earth and mothers milk will soon run dry for us all...

From what I can gather there isn't any concert evidence that in fact we do use all if not use have access to 90% or more of our brain at any one time......

They base their facts on weights and measures if they where to remove the part we think we don’t need...

Very poor evidence, however I think evolution can open this part of the mind in time with healther living and peaceful times.... "Maybe" what do others think, remember we only know what others tell us, it is our hearts that helps us to feel what is right and what is wrong..

You can say that, but if you ask me we are like the defensive cells of the planet we are here to heal and protect our planet but unfortunately we have tuned into its disease...