• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prophet Mohammed's (pbuhap) final Will

Ya Ali

Will of the Prophet Muhammad pbuhap on the Night of his Death
In the name of Allah the Merciful, the Intensely Merciful
Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds.
May the peace and prayers of Allah be upon Muhammad and his family, the Imams and the Mahdis.

If we go back to the events that happened before the death of the Prophet Mohammad pbuhap, and specifically that event on the last Thursday that is known as The Calamity of Thursday, we find agreement among the entire nation that the Prophet pbuhap wanted to write a will and he said, “Bring me a pen and a paper so that I can write for you a statement after which you will never go astray.” And the companions present disagreed, so the Prophet pbuhap became angry and told them to leave. The incident of the night of calamity has been reported in tens of narrations in Sunni books as well as the Shia books.

This is the narration as mentioned in Sahih Al-Bukhari:

Narrated from Ibrahim bin Musa, from Hisham, from Muamar, from Abdullah bin Muhammad, from Abdulrazak, from Muamar, from Al-Zahri, from Ubaidullah bin Abdullah, from Ibn Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them), he said:

When Allah's Apostle was on his deathbed there were some people in the house and among was Umar bin Al-Khattab, so the Prophet said, "Come, let me write for you a statement after which you will never go astray .” Umar said, "The Prophet is seriously ill, we have the Book of Allah, it is enough for us." The people present in the house differed and quarrelled. Some said, "Go to him so that the Prophet may write for you a statement after which you will never go astray," where others said the same as what Umar said. When they caused a disagreement and a cry before the Prophet, Allah's Apostle said, "Go away!" Ubaidullah narrated that Ibn Abbas said,, "It was very unfortunate that Allah's Apostle was prevented from writing that statement for them because of their disagreement and noise."

—Al-Bukhari, Volume 7, Chapter 70, Narration No. 573.

Online References:

Arabic: http://www.islamweb.net/
English: http://www.sahih-bukhari.com/

Now the nation agrees upon the following:

1. The Prophet pbuhap wanted to write a will.
  2. The description of the book or the testament that he was going to write is that it guarantees for the nation not to go astray.
  3. The people disagreed and argued in front of the Prophet pbuhap.
  4. The Prophet commanded them to leave his house.
And the nation disagreed upon the following,

1. Whether the will was written or not, although there is no specific narration which states that the will was not written down.
  2. Whether the will was written but has not necessarily reached us.
We all realize that this calamity happened on Thursday, and he pbuhap died on Monday.

If a pious man possessed a book which guaranteed protection of the nation from misguidance, and a person such as Umar bin Al-Khattab tried to stop this book from reaching the people, would the most pious of the creation, Prophet Muhammad pbuhap, dismiss the book even though he had a three day long opportunity to write it?

Of course the Prophet pbuhap would not dismiss this book. How could we accuse the most merciful of mankind of doing so? And by this we would be saying that he pbuhap deprived us from that statement which prevents us from being misguided.

Moreover, writing the will has been made obligatory upon the dying believer by Allah swt in the Quran, in more than one verse.

And if he did write it, it is imperative that it reaches us by the Divine Mercy of Allah swt, as long as it is a book which guarantees protection of the nation from misguidance.

Therefore, we conclude the following:

1. The will was written.
  2. It is a guarantee for protection of the nation from misguidance.
  3. It has reached us through the books of narrations.
Now if we search all the books of the believers of all the different sects we will find that there is only one will of the Prophet Mohammad pbuhap written when death approached him. It is the will in which he mentioned the successors of the nation, the twelve Imams and the twelve Mahdis by their names.

Will of the Prophet Muhammad pbuhap on the night of his death:
The Prophet Muhammad pbuhap said to Ali bin Abi Talib on the night of his death,

“O Father of Al-Hassan, bring me a pen and a paper”, and he dictated his will until he came to a position where he said, “O Ali, there will be twelve Imams after me and after them there will be twelve Mahdis. You, O Ali, are the first of the twelve Imams, Allah has named you in his heavens Ali Al- Mortatha, The Prince of the Believers, the Grand Truthful, the Bright Differentiator between truth and falsehood, the trusted, and the Mahdi (the rightly guided). These names may not to be truly attributed to other than you. O Ali, you are my successor over my family, their living and their deceased, and over my women. Whomever you affirm shall find me tomorrow, and whomever you reject I am innocent of her. I will not see her and she will not see me on the Day of Resurrection. And you are the successor (Khalifa) upon my nation after me. If death approaches you, hand it over to my son Al-Hassan the very beneficial. Then if death approaches him, let him hand it over to my son Al- Hussein, the martyr, the pure, the assassinated. Then if death approaches him, let him hand it over to his son, the master of the worshippers, Ali. Then if death approaches him, let him hand it over to his son, Muhammed Al-Baqir. Then if death approaches him, let him hand it over to his son, Jafar Al-Sadiq. Then if death approaches him, let him hand it over to his son, Musa Al-Kathum. Then if death approaches him, let him hand it over to his son, Ali Al-Retha. Then if death approaches him, let him hand it over to his son Muhammad, the trustworthy, the pious. Then if death approaches him, let him hand it over to his son Ali, the advisor. Then if death approaches him, let him hand it over to his son Al-Hassan, the virtuous. Then if death approaches him, let him hand it over to his son, Muhammad the Entrusted of the Holy Family of Muhammad peace be upon them. So these are the twelve Imams. Then after him, there will be twelve Mahdis. So if death approaches him, let him hand it over to his son, the first of the close ones, he has three names, one like mine and my father’s: Abdullah (servant of Allah), Ahmad and the third name is The Mahdi (rightly guided). He is the first of the believers.”

—Sheikh Al-Toosi, Al-Ghayba p.150

—Sheikh Hor Al-Amili, Ithbat Al-Hodat Vol. 1 p.549
—Sheikh Hor Al-Amili, Al-Iqath Min Al-Haj’a p.393-3
—Sheikh Hassan bin Soulayman Al Hilli, Mokhtasar Al Bassair p.159
—Al-Allama Al-Majlisii, Bihar Al-Anwar Vol. 53 p.147
—Al-Allama Al-Majlisii, Bihar Al-Anwar Vol. 36 p.260
—Sheikh Abd Allah Al-Bahrani, Al’awalim Vol. 3 p.236
—Al-Sayyed Hashim Al-Bahrani, Ghayat Al-Maram Vol. 1 p.370
—Al-Sayyed Hashim Al-Bahrani, Al-Insaf p.222
—Al-Fayth Al-Kachani, Nawadir Al-Akhbar p.294-9
—Sheikh Mirza Annouri, Annajm Al-Thaqib Vol. 2 p.71
—Al-Sayyed Muhammad Muhammad Sadiq Al-Sadir , Tarikh Ma Ba’d Al-Thohoor p.641-11
—Sheikh Al Mayanji, Makatib Arrassoul Vol. 2 p.96
—Sheikh Al-Korani, Mokhtasar Mo’jam Ahadith Al-Imam Al-Mahdi p.301-13

In Sunni narrations we have the name of the Mahdi to be Ahmed ibn Abdullah, which is to be born in End times. We see in Shia narrations that the Mahdi - Ahmed born in end times is the Son of Imam al-Mahdi- Muhammad ibn Hasan, the 12th Imam a.s. Now it is clear to us that the Mahdi which the Sunni Muslims await is the Son and Successor of the Mahdi which the Shia Muslims believe in and await...

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Muslims and shia polytheists disagree on this.

Ali(r.a) gave Abu Bakr(r.a) bayyah. That alone destroys the shirki cult
Salam brother.

This is great accusation against millions of Muslims.

I asked you before,how the Shia are polytheists in your view ?

Servant_of_the_One1

Salam brother.

This is great accusation against millions of Muslims.

I asked you before,how the Shia are polytheists in your view ?

Wa aleyka,

Their graveworship, polytheistic slogans " ya ali madad, ya hussain".

I believe these are hardcore evidences (from my perspective) why i consider them to be mushrikun

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Wa aleyka,

Their graveworship, polytheistic slogans " ya ali madad, ya hussain".

I believe these are hardcore evidences (from my perspective) why i consider them to be mushrikun
I think it's about you are in stream of this great fitnah (not about they are mushrikin.

I can't judge people,beause what they said,I judge them on what they believe.

Do you think all of them say/believe in that ?

mojtaba

In Sunni narrations we have the name of the Mahdi to be Ahmed ibn Abdullah, which is to be born in End times. We see in Shia narrations that the Mahdi - Ahmed born in end times is the Son of Imam al-Mahdi- Muhammad ibn Hasan, the 12th Imam a.s. Now it is clear to us that the Mahdi which the Sunni Muslims await is the Son and Successor of the Mahdi which the Shia Muslims believe in and await...
Thank you.

But what is in Sunni books that the name of father of Mahdi is Abdullah (اسمه اسمي واسم أبيه اسم أبي: the name of Mahdi is like my name and the name of his father is like the name of my father(i.e. Abdullah)) is a fake Hadith about which Sunni eminent Imams of Hadith like Ibn Habban, Soyooti, Ibn Jowzi, Az-Zahabi have said that is a fake tradition.

In addition, the Hadith which you have narrated from Shi'i books is not an authentic one and its route of the narrators is weak and one of the narrators in the route is mentioned in Rijal books as liar and who used to make fake traditions.

Waffaqakallah!

mojtaba

I think it's about you are in stream of this great fitnah (not about they are mushrikin.

I can't judge people,beause what they said,I judge them on what they believe.

Do you think all of them say/believe in that ?
Salamun Alaykum brother.

Dear Godobeyer do you think that saying Ya Muhammad or Ya Ali is Shirk?
If yes, please say why.

Thanks!

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Salamun Alaykum brother.

Dear Godobeyer do you think that saying Ya Muhammad or Ya Ali is Shirk?
If yes, please say why.

Thanks!
Salam brother.

depend how you believe in (not saying).

If you believe that Ali(pbuh) or Muhammad(pbuh) are God partner is shirk.

If you ask their help from Ali(pbuh) or Muhammad(pbuh), instead of Allah(pbuh) ,thats could be shirk for many scholars.

Btw Allah was clear in this , He said " call upon me" ,not beside him.

Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) and Ali(pbuh) were just human and servants of Allah(swt).

40:60
And your Lord says, "Call upon Me; I will respond to you." Indeed, those who disdain My worship will enter Hell [rendered] contemptible.

7:194

Indeed, those you [polytheists] call upon besides Allah are servants like you. So call upon them and let them respond to you, if you should be truthful.

mojtaba

Thank you so much brother.:):rose:

Salam brother.

depend how you believe in (not saying).

If you believe that Ali(pbuh) or Muhammad(pbuh) are God partner is shirk.
There is not any Shia who believes in this. Our 12 Imams have cursed whom believed in this polytheistic belief.

If you ask their help from Ali(pbuh) or Muhammad(pbuh), instead of Allah(pbuh) ,thats could be shirk for many scholars.

Btw Allah was clear in this , He said " call upon me" ,not beside him.

Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) and Ali(pbuh) were just human and servants of Allah(swt).

40:60
And your Lord says, "Call upon Me; I will respond to you." Indeed, those who disdain My worship will enter Hell [rendered] contemptible.

Brother, I want to be deeper in this case. I can say about this case two issuses:

1. If a person says Ya Mohammad (pbuh&hp) or Ya Ali (pbuh) while he/she believes that they have powers besides Allah's Power, and they can do for him/her a doing which Allah Ta'ala does not want, this is with no doubt polytheism and a kind of Shirk.

2. But if a Muslim says, 'Ya Mohammad (pbuh&hp)' or 'Ya Ali (pbuh)', while he/she believes that 1.there is not any power but by Allah's power, 2.Prophet Muhammad (pbuh&hp) or each of 12 Imams (pbut) do not have any power besides Allah's power, so that if they help him/her and give him/her what he/she wants, it is indeed Allah Who helps, and 3.when he/she is asking help from Prophet or 12 Imams, he/she is indeed asking them to ask Allah to help him/her and give him/her what he/she wants (i.e., he/she in indeed calling Allah through His the most pious servants), this is not even polytheism, but is indeed the true monotheism.

Allah says in Quran:

Sura Yoosof [12]:
They [i.e., the sons of Prophet Jacob (pbuh)] said, 'O our father [Ya Abana], ask [Allah] for us forgiveness of our crimes; for certainly we have been sinful.' (97) He [i.e, Prophet Jacob (pbuh)] said, 'Assuredly I will ask my Lord to forgive you; He is the All-forgiving, the All-compassionate.' (98)

Or Allah says:
[4:64]
We did not send any apostle but to be obeyed by Allah’s leave. Had they, when they wronged themselves, come to you [O Muhammad] and pleaded to Allah for forgiveness, and the Apostle had pleaded for them [to Allah] for forgiveness, they would have surely found Allah all-clement, all-merciful.

This is the Shi'it's belief. Are you agree with this? If not, please say why.

7:194
Indeed, those you [polytheists] call upon besides Allah are servants like you. So call upon them and let them respond to you, if you should be truthful.
Brother, I should say some points about this verse:

1. The pronoun 'those' in the verse refers to the idols, not to the AwliyaAllah (pbut). See the next verse of the chapter.

2. This verse is about Mushrikin who believe that idols have a godhood nature. But Allah says that the idols are not goddesses, instead they are servants of Allah like the polytheist themselves. See one of the most authentic Tafseer books of yours, Tafseer At-Tabari. So, this verse is about those who worship others besides Allah and believe that they are goddesses, and then ask from them their needs. While those Muslims (both Sunni and Shia) who ask from Prophet Muhammad (pbuh&hp) and other AwliyaAllah to ask from Allah what they want, never believe in any godhood nature for them and never worship them, and also they actually ask from Allah, not from AwliyaAllah.

Please share your opinion.

Waffaqakallah wa 'Iyyana!

Last edited:

mojtaba

Dear non-Wahhabi Muslims,

Allah Ta'ala ordered His Prophet to call Imam Ali (as), Lady Fatima (as), Imam Hasan and Husayn (as) for prayer:

[3:61]
Then whoever argues with you [O Muhammad] about it after [this] knowledge has come to you - say, "Come, let us call our sons [i.e., Imam Hasan and Husayn] and your sons, our women [i.e., Lady Fatima] and your women, our souls [i.e., Imam Ali] and your souls, then supplicate earnestly [together] and invoke the curse of Allah upon the liars [among us]."

See the names of Imam Ali, Lady Fatima, Imam Hasan and Imam Husayn in Sahih Muslim [when the (following) verse was revealed: "Let us call our sons and your sons...." Allah's Messenger (S) called 'Ali, Fatima, Hasan and Husain and said: O Allah, they are my family].

Also, see the ff verse:
[28:15]
And he [i.e., Prophet Moses (pbuh)] entered the city at a time of inattention by its people and found therein two men fighting: one from among his followers and one from among his enemy. And the one from his followers called for help to him [i.e., Prophet Moses] against the one from his enemy, so Moses struck him and [unintentionally] killed him. [Moses] said, "This [i.e., the order of killing of Bani Isra'il by Pharaoh] is from the work of Satan. Indeed, he is a manifest, misleading enemy."

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Thank you so much brother.:):rose:

There is not any Shia who believes in this. Our 12 Imams have cursed whom believed in this polytheistic belief.

Brother, I want to be deeper in this case. I can say about this case two issuses:

1. If a person says Ya Mohammad (pbuh&hp) or Ya Ali (pbuh) while he/she believes that they have powers besides Allah's Power, and they can do for him/her a doing which Allah Ta'ala does not want, this is with no doubt polytheism and a kind of Shirk.

2. But if a Muslim says, 'Ya Mohammad (pbuh&hp)' or 'Ya Ali (pbuh)', while he/she believes that 1.there is not any power but by Allah's power, 2.Prophet Muhammad (pbuh&hp) or each of 12 Imams (pbut) do not have any power besides Allah's power, so that if they help him/her and give him/her what he/she wants, it is indeed Allah Who helps, and 3.when he/she is asking help from Prophet or 12 Imams, he/she is indeed asking them to ask Allah to help him/her and give him/her what he/she wants (i.e., he/she in indeed calling Allah through His the most pious servants), this is not even polytheism, but is indeed the true monotheism.

Allah says in Quran:

Sura Yoosof [12]:
They [i.e., the sons of Prophet Jacob (pbuh)] said, 'O our father [Ya Abana], ask [Allah] for us forgiveness of our crimes; for certainly we have been sinful.' (97) He [i.e, Prophet Jacob (pbuh)] said, 'Assuredly I will ask my Lord to forgive you; He is the All-forgiving, the All-compassionate.' (98)

Or Allah says:
[4:64]
We did not send any apostle but to be obeyed by Allah’s leave. Had they, when they wronged themselves, come to you [O Muhammad] and pleaded to Allah for forgiveness, and the Apostle had pleaded for them [to Allah] for forgiveness, they would have surely found Allah all-clement, all-merciful.

This is the Shi'it's belief. Are you agree with this? If not, please say why.

Brother, I should say some points about this verse:

1. The pronoun 'those' in the verse refers to the idols, not to the AwliyaAllah (pbut). See the next verse of the chapter.

2. This verse is about Mushrikin who believe that idols have a godhood nature. But Allah says that the idols are not goddesses, instead they are servants of Allah like the polytheist themselves. See one of the most authentic Tafseer books of yours, Tafseer At-Tabari. So, this verse is about those who worship others besides Allah and believe that they are goddesses, and then ask from them their needs. While those Muslims (both Sunni and Shia) who ask from Prophet Muhammad (pbuh&hp) and other AwliyaAllah to ask from Allah what they want, never believe in any godhood nature for them and never worship them, and also they actually ask from Allah, not from AwliyaAllah.

Please share your opinion.

Waffaqakallah wa 'Iyyana!
Wa alykom asalam,thanks brother for your explaination,and inpute opinion :)

It's good that your scholars define the shirk as you said.

For verses (Sura Yoosof [12]:+[4:64] ) that you bring,I think it's talk about living person for especial cases (not every case).in his living.

The ordinaire case is ask ALLAH directly for the help .

I do believe prophet Muhammad(pbuh) will make "Shafaa" in Judgement day for us.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Godobeyer, the mushrikun clearly call upon Ali(r.a) for help.

This is shirk that throws them out from islam.
Salam brother,yes I think Its very probably shirk,if they mean it beside Allah.

I don't know how/why they exactly believe in that.

mojtaba

Wa alykom asalam,thanks brother for your explaination,and inpute opinion :)

It's good that your scholars define the shirk as you said.
Salamun Alaykum wa Rahmatollahi wa Barakatoh.

May Allah bless you brother.

For verses (Sura Yoosof [12]:+[4:64] ) that you bring,I think it's talk about living person for especial cases (not every case).in his living.
Brother, how do you explain the death?
Death is not any thing but transferring from this world into the Barzakh world. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh&hp), Imam Ali(pbuh), etc. are now alive in the Barzakh world and they can hear what we say to them. See the ff authentic Hadiths which are in your books:

1.Sahih Al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim:

Narrated Abu Talha:
.... When he(i.e., Prophet) halted at the edge of the well, he addressed the dead corpses of the Quraish infidels by their names and their fathers' names, "O so-and-so, son of so-and-so and O so-and-so, son of so-and so! Would it have pleased you if you had obeyed Allah and His Apostle? We have found true what our Lord promised us. Have you too found true what your Lord promised you? "`Umar said, "O Allah's Messenger (S)! You are speaking to bodies that have no souls!" Allah's Messenger (S) said, "By Him in Whose Hand Muhammad's soul is, you do not hear, what I say better than they do".

If the disbeliever dead can hear our sounds, why can not the most pious servants of Allah do?

Al-Janki Al-Shanqiti (a Sunni scholar) said about this Hadith:
وهو نص صحيح صريح في سماع الموتي ، ولم يذكر صلي الله عليه وسلم في ذلك تخصيصاً
'And this is a clear text about the power of hearing of dead, and Prophet (saw) did not restricted it to a specific case (i.e., this issue is for all dead).'
(See, Adhwa' Al-Bayan fi 'Eedhah Al-Ghor'an Bil-Ghor'an)

2. One of the Sahaba asked help from Prophet Muhammad (sawaws) after his death and he (sawaws) replied him:

Malik ad-Dar i.e. treasurer of Umar (ra) relates: The people were gripped by famine during the tenure of Umar. Then a man walked up to the grave of Prophet and said: O Messenger of Allah! ask for rain for your Ummah who is in dire straits. Then he saw the Prophet (saw) in dream. The Prophet (saw) said to him, Go over to Umar, give him my peace and tell him that the rain will come to you.
( Musannaf ibn Abi Sheyba, the teacher of Al-Bukhari)

This Hadith is authenticated as Sahih by
1.Imam Ibn Kathir in Al Bidayah Wan Nihayah V7, P105 (وَهَذَا إِسْنَادٌ صَحِيحٌ).
2.Imam Ibn Hajar Asqalani in Fat-hul Bari fi Sharhi Sahih Al-Bukhari (وروىابن أبي شيبة بإسناد صحيح من رواية أبي صالح السمان عن مالك الداري - وكان خازن عمر - قال : أصاب الناس قحط في زمن عمرـ ـ ـ ـ)

So, it isn't true that we can only ask Prophet in his lifetime and we can only ask him for only some specific things like Istiqfar etc. It should be said that asking Prophet or other AwliyaAllah means asking them as the best servants of Allah to ask Him for our needs. This does not mean that they can give us our asked things independent of Allah Ta'ala. They indeed ask Allah and we ask them to ask Allah for our issues.

The ordinaire case is ask ALLAH directly for the help .
1. We are not restricted to ask Allah only directly. Prophet Solomon (pbuh) asked Allah for help indirectly:

Sura An-Naml [27]
He [i.e., Solomon] said, ‘O [members of the] elite [Ya Ayyohal Mala'o]! Which of you will bring me her throne before they come to me in submission?’ (38) An afreet from among the jinn said, ‘I will bring it to you before you rise from your place. I have the power to do it and am trustworthy.’ (39) The one who had knowledge of the Book said, ‘I will bring it to you in the twinkling of an eye.’ So when he saw it set near him, he said, ‘This is by the grace of my Lord, to test me if I will give thanks or be ungrateful...(40)

Prophet Solomon indirectly asked Allah through the members of the elite (O members of the elite! Which of you will bring me her throne before they come to me in submission). He asked Allah indirectly, because at the happening of the doing by Asif ibn Barkhiya he said: This is by the grace of my Lord (So when he saw it set near him, he said, ‘This is by the grace of my Lord). So, he (pbuh) asked Allah, but asked Him indirectly through some good creatures. So, we can conclude that asking Allah indirectly is completely lawful and it was done by Prophet Solomon and Sahaba (ra) (i.e., the second Hadith in the previous part). So, Quran and Sunnah accept this and never reject it.

2.Also, Prophet Muhammad learned one of the Sahaba (ra) a prayer in which is the following:
يا محمّد، إنّى توجهت بك إلى ربّى في حاجتي هذه, فتقضى لي، اللهمّ شفعه في: O Muhammad, I have turned to my Lord by virtue of your intercession concerning this need of mine so that it may be met. O Allah, accept his intercession concerning me.
( Sunan At-Tirmidhi, Musnad Ahmad, Mustadrak of Hakim, etc.)

Hakim, Tirmidhi, Az-Zahabi, Albani and Sho'ayb 'Arnaoot have said that the narration is Sahih.

What is your opinion. Are you agree with me?

Last edited:

mojtaba

Salam brother,yes I think Its very probably shirk,if they mean it beside Allah.

I don't know how/why they exactly believe in that.
Brother, I have explained what we mean when we say 'Ya Muhammad' etc. We never ask them besides Allah (Sobhanahu wa Ta'ala). Such these polytheistic things are far from the followers of Ahlul Bayt (pbut).

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Salamun Alaykum wa Rahmatollahi wa Barakatoh.

May Allah bless you brother.

Brother, how do you explain the death?
Death is not any thing but transferring from this world into the Barzakh world. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh&hp), Imam Ali(pbuh), etc. are now alive in the Barzakh world and they can hear what we say to them. See the ff authentic Hadiths which are in your books:

1.Sahih Al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim:

Narrated Abu Talha:
.... When he(i.e., Prophet) halted at the edge of the well, he addressed the dead corpses of the Quraish infidels by their names and their fathers' names, "O so-and-so, son of so-and-so and O so-and-so, son of so-and so! Would it have pleased you if you had obeyed Allah and His Apostle? We have found true what our Lord promised us. Have you too found true what your Lord promised you? "`Umar said, "O Allah's Messenger (S)! You are speaking to bodies that have no souls!" Allah's Messenger (S) said, "By Him in Whose Hand Muhammad's soul is, you do not hear, what I say better than they do".

If the disbeliever dead can hear our sounds, why can not the most pious servants of Allah do?

Al-Janki Al-Shanqiti (a Sunni scholar) said about this Hadith:
وهو نص صحيح صريح في سماع الموتي ، ولم يذكر صلي الله عليه وسلم في ذلك تخصيصاً
'And this is a clear text about the power of hearing of dead, and Prophet (saw) did not restricted it to a specific case (i.e., this issue is for all dead).'
(See, Adhwa' Al-Bayan fi 'Eedhah Al-Ghor'an Bil-Ghor'an)

2. One of the Sahaba asked help from Prophet Muhammad (sawaws) after his death and he (sawaws) replied him:

Malik ad-Dar i.e. treasurer of Umar (ra) relates: The people were gripped by famine during the tenure of Umar. Then a man walked up to the grave of Prophet and said: O Messenger of Allah! ask for rain for your Ummah who is in dire straits. Then he saw the Prophet (saw) in dream. The Prophet (saw) said to him, Go over to Umar, give him my peace and tell him that the rain will come to you.
( Musannaf ibn Abi Sheyba, the teacher of Al-Bukhari)

This Hadith is authenticated as Sahih by
1.Imam Ibn Kathir in Al Bidayah Wan Nihayah V7, P105 (وَهَذَا إِسْنَادٌ صَحِيحٌ).
2.Imam Ibn Hajar Asqalani in Fat-hul Bari fi Sharhi Sahih Al-Bukhari (وروىابن أبي شيبة بإسناد صحيح من رواية أبي صالح السمان عن مالك الداري - وكان خازن عمر - قال : أصاب الناس قحط في زمن عمرـ ـ ـ ـ)

So, it isn't true that we can only ask Prophet in his lifetime and we can only ask him for only some specific things like Istiqfar etc. It should be said that asking Prophet or other AwliyaAllah means asking them as the best servants of Allah to ask Him for our needs. This does not mean that they can give us our asked things independent of Allah Ta'ala. They indeed ask Allah and we ask them to ask Allah for our issues.

1. We are not restricted to ask Allah only directly. Prophet Solomon (pbuh) asked Allah for help indirectly:

Sura An-Naml [27]
He [i.e., Solomon] said, ‘O [members of the] elite [Ya Ayyohal Mala'o]! Which of you will bring me her throne before they come to me in submission?’ (38) An afreet from among the jinn said, ‘I will bring it to you before you rise from your place. I have the power to do it and am trustworthy.’ (39) The one who had knowledge of the Book said, ‘I will bring it to you in the twinkling of an eye.’ So when he saw it set near him, he said, ‘This is by the grace of my Lord, to test me if I will give thanks or be ungrateful...(40)

Prophet Solomon indirectly asked Allah through the members of the elite (O members of the elite! Which of you will bring me her throne before they come to me in submission). He asked Allah indirectly, because at the happening of the doing by Asif ibn Barkhiya he said: This is by the grace of my Lord (So when he saw it set near him, he said, ‘This is by the grace of my Lord). So, he (pbuh) asked Allah, but asked Him indirectly through some good creatures. So, we can conclude that asking Allah indirectly is completely lawful and it was done by Prophet Solomon and Sahaba (ra) (i.e., the second Hadith in the previous part). So, Quran and Sunnah accept this and never reject it.

2.Also, Prophet Muhammad learned one of the Sahaba (ra) a prayer in which is the following:
يا محمّد، إنّى توجهت بك إلى ربّى في حاجتي هذه, فتقضى لي، اللهمّ شفعه في: O Muhammad, I have turned to my Lord by virtue of your intercession concerning this need of mine so that it may be met. O Allah, accept his intercession concerning me.
( Sunan At-Tirmidhi, Musnad Ahmad, Mustadrak of Hakim, etc.)

Hakim, Tirmidhi, Az-Zahabi, Albani and Sho'ayb 'Arnaoot have said that the narration is Sahih.

What is your opinion. Are you agree with me?
Salam brother .

I know about Shafaaشفاعة in his life, and Judgement day.

No,I don't agree with asking for help from dead,instead for asking WHOM never die :Allah.

[Ya Ayyohal Mala'o]!
you may misunderstood this one ,it's was just invitations for Jinnies, to gother at Solomon(pbuh) place.

39/44
Say, "To Allah belongs [the right to allow] intercession entirely. To Him belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth. Then to Him you will be returned."
Surah Az-Zumar [39:44]

btw I don't take opinions of old scholars loaded in hadiths"books" as sacred.

mojtaba

Salam brother .

I know about Shafaaشفاعة in his life, and Judgement day.

No, I don't agree with asking for help from dead, instead for asking WHOM never die :Allah.
Wa Alaykum As-Salam.

Dear brother, Quran says that martyrs are alive and we must not call them as dead. So that, because the status of Prophets and the most pious men and women is higher than or at least equal with martyrs, we must not think that Prophets and Imams are now dead.

Allah says,
Chapter 3
Do not suppose those who were slain in the way of Allah to be dead; no, they are living and provided for near their Lord, (169) exulting in what Allah has given them out of His grace, and rejoicing for those who have not yet joined them from [those left] behind them, that they will have no fear, nor will they grieve.(170)

He also says,
[4:69]
Whoever obeys Allah and the Apostle—they are with those whom Allah has blessed, including the prophets and the truthful, the martyrs and the righteous, and excellent companions are they!

So, we must not suppose that the Prophets and AwliyaAllah are dead. Following is the saying of one of the eminent scholars of yours, i.e., Al-Shokani:
وَوَرَدَ النَّصّ فِي كِتَابِ اللَّهِ فِي حَقّ الشُّهَدَاءِ أَنَّهُمْ أَحْيَاء يُرْزَقُونَ وَأَنَّ الْحَيَاة فِيهِمْ مُتَعَلِّقَة بِالْجَسَدِ فَكَيْف بِالْأَنْبِيَاءِ وَالْمُرْسَلِينَ .
وَقَدْ ثَبَتَ فِي الْحَدِيثِ { أَنَّ الْأَنْبِيَاءَ أَحْيَاءٌ فِي قُبُورِهِمْ } رَوَاهُ الْمُنْذِرِيُّ وَصَحَّحَهُ الْبَيْهَقِيُّ​
Which means that because the status of Prophets and Apostles is higher than that of the martyrs, so that the Prophets and Apostles are also alive. And it is narrated a Sahih Hadith from Prophet Muhammad (pbuh&hp) that : Prophets are alive in their Qabr (i.e., Barzakh world).
(Neylul Awtar by Ash-Shukani)
you may misunderstood this one ,it's was just invitations for Jinnies, to gother at Solomon(pbuh) place.
No, Zadakallahu Khayra. It was not only about Jinns. Prophet Solomon asked help from his people to do a strange doing. There were two groups between his people, 1.Jinns and 2.humans. One of the humans who had more power than the powerful one of jinns, did the request of Prophet Solomon and Prophet Solomon said that he indeed indirectly asked it from Allah. That man was Asif ibn Barkhia.
See
1.Tafseer At-Tabari ( ـ{ قَالَ الَّذِي عِنْده عِلْم مِنْ الْكِتَاب } وَهُوَ رَجُل مِنْ الْإِنْس عِنْده عِلْم مِنْ الْكِتَاب فِيهِ اِسْم اللَّه الْأَكْبَر , الَّذِي إِذَا دُعِيَ بِهِ أَجَابَ : { أَنَا آتِيك بِهِ قَبْل أَنْ يَرْتَدّ إِلَيْك طَرْفك } فَدَعَا بِالِاسْمِ وَهُوَ عِنْده قَائِم , فَاحْتَمَلَ الْعَرْش اِحْتِمَالًا حَتَّى وُضِعَ بَيْن يَدَيْ سُلَيْمَان , وَاَللَّه صَنَعَ ذَلِكَ): تفاسير وتراجم القرآن - القرآن الكريم - موقع الإسلام

2.Tafseer Ibn Kathir (" قَالَ الَّذِي عِنْده عِلْم مِنْ الْكِتَاب " قَالَ اِبْن عَبَّاس وَهُوَ آصَف كَاتِب سُلَيْمَان وَكَذَا رَوَى مُحَمَّد بْن إِسْحَاق عَنْ يَزِيد بْن رُومَان أَنَّهُ آصَف بْن بَرْخِيَاء وَكَانَ صِدِّيقًا يَعْلَم الِاسْم الْأَعْظَم وَقَالَ قَتَادَة كَانَ مُؤْمِنًا مِنْ الْإِنْس وَاسْمه آصَف وَكَذَا قَالَ أَبُو صَالِح وَالضَّحَّاك وَقَتَادَة إِنَّهُ كَانَ مِنْ الْإِنْس زَادَ قَتَادَة مِنْ بَنِي إِسْرَائِيل): تفاسير وتراجم القرآن - القرآن الكريم - موقع الإسلام

And others...

39/44
Say, "To Allah belongs [the right to allow] intercession entirely. To Him belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth. Then to Him you will be returned."
Surah Az-Zumar [39:44]
Quran, 2:255
Who is it that may intercede with Him except with His permission?

Sura Az-Zukhruf [43]
Blessed is He to whom belongs the kingdom of the heavens and the earth and whatever is between them, and with Him is the knowledge of the Hour, and to Him you will be brought back. (85) Those whom they invoke besides Him have no power of intercession, except those who are witness to the truth and who know [for whom to intercede]. (86)

The point is this that we must not believe that the intercession of others is besides the intercession of Almighty Allah, what polytheists believe in. Indeed, Quran rejects this (i.e., intercession of others is besides the intercession of Almighty Allah and without relation to Him ), not the intercession of others who intercede by Allah's leave. See the above verses again.

btw I don't take opinions of old scholars loaded in hadiths"books" as sacred.
Do you have any reason for rejecting those Sahih Hadiths?!

Last edited: