• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prophet Mohammed's (pbuhap) final Will

mojtaba

Asalamu Alaykum.

From Fathel Ibn Shathan from Ismael son of Ayash from Al Amash from Abi Wa'el from Huthayfa, he said: "I heard the Messenger of Allah s.a.w.w. and him mentioning the Mahdi so he said: "He will be given allegiance between the Rukn and Maqam, his name is Ahmed, Abdullah and Mahdi. These are his three names." - Gaibat al Toosi page 454.

The same three names given to the son of Imam al-Mahdi a.s. in the Prophet's Will. So this is not the 12th Imam a.s. Imam Mohammed al-Mahdi ibn al-Hassan al-Askari a.s. but his son Ahmed who is also a Mahdi, who is born in End times.

Number of narrations from the Prophet s.a.w.w saying that the one who will be given allegiance between the Rukn and Maqam is Ahmed by name, the man with three names.
Wa Alaykum As-Salam!

This Hadith of Prophet Muhammad (sawaws) is only about Al-Qa'im (as), i.e., 12th Imam, not for any other one. Because, the person who will be given allegiance between the Rukn and Maqam is Al-Qa'im (as), i.e., 12th Imam, not his son.

See these ff Hadiths:

1.Al-Qa'im (as) is the 12th Imam who is the son of 11th Imam, i.e., Imam Al-Hasan Al-Askari:

A)This Hadith has at least two different full conected route of the narrators (See: Kamaluddin by Sheykh As-Saduq, P 259 and P 280):

The Messenger of Allah (sawaws) said:
“The Imams after me will be twelve. The first of them is Ali Ibn Abi Talib
and the last of them [i.e., 12th Imam] is the Al-Qaim. They are my Caliphs, my Successors, my friends and the Proofs of Allah upon my nation after me.”

B)Narrated to us Muhammad bin Musa bin Mutawakkil (ra): Narrated to us Abdullah bin Ja’far Himyari: Narrated to us Muhammad bin Ahmad Alawi from Abi Ghanim the servant that he said:

“When a son named Muhammad was born to Imam Hasan Al-Askari (as), he presented the child to his companions on the third day and said: This is your Master after me and my Successor upon you. And he is the Al-Qaim for his arrival people have been waiting. Thus when the earth will be filled with injustice and tyranny he would fill it with justice and equity.”
(Kamaluddin by Saduq, P 431)

2.This Hadith is narrated through different routes of the narrators (See, Al-Qeybah by No'mani, P 281).

Jabir Al-Jo'fi (ra) narrates:

Imam Al-Baqir (as) said:

'That day al-Qa'im will be in Mecca leaning his back against the Kaaba. He will announce: “O people, we resort to Allah to make us succeed. Whoever of you wants to support us, let him join us. We are the progeny of your Prophet Muhammad (sawaws). We are worthier of Allah and Muhammad than other people. Whoever argues with me about Adam, I am the worthiest of Adam. Whoever argues with me about Noah, I am the worthiest of Noah. Whoever argues with me about Abraham, I am the worthiest of Abraham. Whoever argues with me about Muhammad (sawaws), I am the worthiest of Muhammad (sawaws). Whoever argues with me about the prophets, I am the worthiest of the prophets. Allah not said in his Book, ‘Surely Allah chose Adam and Noah and the descendants of Abraham and the descendants of Imran above the nations; offspring one of the other; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing? I am a remainder of Adam, a relic of Noah, elite of Abraham and a choice of Muhammad, peace be upon them all. Whoever argues with me about the Book of Allah, I am the worthiest of the book of Allah. Whoever argues with me about the Sunna of the Messenger of Allah (sawaws), I am the worthiest of the Sunna of the Messenger of Allah (sawaws). I adjure everyone, who hears my speech today, to inform the absent of it. I ask you with the right of Allah, the right of His messenger and with my right, for I have a right of kinship to the messenger of Allah, to support us and to protect us from those, who have wronged us. We have been wronged, offended, expelled from our homes, separated from our families, deprived of our rights and our honor and virtues have been distorted by the evil people. For the sake of Allah, do not fail us. Support us that may Allah supports you!”
Allah will make his [Al-Qa'im] three hundred and thirteen companions (i.e., the masters of other companions) join him without any previous appointment. O Jabir, it is the verse that Allah has revealed in His Book, ‘Wherever you are, Allah will bring you all together; surely Allah has power over all things.’ They will give allegiance to him [i.e., Al-Qa'im] between the Rukn and Maqam. With him there will be a covenant from the Prophet (sawaws) that has been inherited by the descendants; one after the other.'

2. This Hdith is in Al-Qeybah by Sheykh At-Tusi, P 477 and has a full connected route of the narrators:

Imam Al-Baqir (as) said: '300-odd persons, the same number as that of the supporters (Muslim soldiers) in the Battle of Badr, will give allegiance to Al-Qa'im (as) in between the Rukn and Maqam.

So, that Hadith that you mentioned is not about the son of Imam Al-Mahdi (as).

The Hadith of the Will of Rasulullah sawas is an authentic one.

The Will was first reported in Ghaibatul Tusi by Sheikh al-Tusi. Regarding the narrations he reported from the khaasa(shia narrations) Sheikh al-Tusi said:
"We have said: And what has lead to its authenticity, the Shia Imamya see it on the way of Tawaater(definite degree of surety)mentioned inordinate number of narrations and the way(Tareeqa) it has been authentic (Sahih) is present in the books of the Imamya, the texts from the Prince of the Believers (as) and there is [only] one way(Tareeqa)."
Sheikh al-Tusi(992-1067): Ghaybatul Tusi p.156-157
Dear brother, this is a fake translation of what is in the book itself. In addition, this saying isn't after the Hadith of will of Rasulullah (sawaws). If you know Arabic, see here.

This saying of Sheykh At-Tusi is indeed about the Hadiths which are about 12 Imams, not the Hadith of the will. So, he says in continue (Page 157): أن الامامة محصورة في الاثني عشر إماما، وأنهم لا يزيدون ولا ينقصون (Certainly the Imamat is restricted in 12 Imams, and they will never be more or less than this).

Mirza AlNoori AlTabrasi considers the chain of the Prophet's will to be Mutabar(i.e Saheeh):
"And AlToosi narrated with a Sanad(chain)that is Mutabar" v.2 p.72 Najm AlThaaqib

Sheikh Mirza Al Noori AlTabrasi who had vast knowledge of Ilm Al Rijal says"AlToosi narrated it(Prophet's will) with a chain that is Mutabar(authentic) from Imam Al Saadeq pbuh" Najm Al Thaqeb fi Ahwal Imam Al Huja Al Ga'eb v.2 p.71
Mirza Noori has erred.

Allama Majlisi has said that this Hadith is in contradiction to the other famous Hadiths (Bihar Al-Anwar, V 53, P 148).

A Hadith that there is a Sunni narrator between its route of the narrators about whom there is not any authentication in Rijal books, is not a Sahih and authentic Hadith.

Sheykh At-Tusi himself says in his book, Al-Qeybah, that he has used the Hadiths of the both Sunni and Shia narrators. Sheykh Al-Horr Al-Ameli has said that this Hadith of will of Rasulallah is narrated from a Sunni narrator (See, Al-Ighaz Min Al-Haj'ah, P 395).
Also, Ayatollah Khu'i says in his famous Rijal book that 'Ali ibn Sanan Al-Museli Al-Adl' who is between the route of the narrators of the Hadith that you mentioned, is a Sunni person (See, Mo'jam Rijal Al-Hadith, V 13, P 49,50).

Also, according to another Hadith, there is in the will of Prophet (sawaws) that Imam Ali wrote it, only 12 Imams, nothing else. See, Kitab Sulaym ibn Qays Al-Hilali, P 211.

Waffaqakallah!

Last edited:

Ya Ali

Wa Alaykum As-Salam!

This Hadith of Prophet Muhammad (sawaws) is only about Al-Qa'im (as), i.e., 12th Imam, not for any other one. Because, the person who will be given allegiance between the Rukn and Maqam is Al-Qa'im (as), i.e., 12th Imam, not his son.

See these ff Hadiths:

1.Al-Qa'im (as) is the 12th Imam who is the son of 11th Imam, i.e., Imam Al-Hasan Al-Askari:

A)This Hadith has at least two different full conected route of the narrators (See: Kamaluddin by Sheykh As-Saduq, P 259 and P 280):

The Messenger of Allah (sawaws) said:
“The Imams after me will be twelve. The first of them is Ali Ibn Abi Talib
and the last of them [i.e., 12th Imam] is the Al-Qaim. They are my Caliphs, my Successors, my friends and the Proofs of Allah upon my nation after me.”

B)Narrated to us Muhammad bin Musa bin Mutawakkil (ra): Narrated to us Abdullah bin Ja’far Himyari: Narrated to us Muhammad bin Ahmad Alawi from Abi Ghanim the servant that he said:

“When a son named Muhammad was born to Imam Hasan Al-Askari (as), he presented the child to his companions on the third day and said: This is your Master after me and my Successor upon you. And he is the Al-Qaim for his arrival people have been waiting. Thus when the earth will be filled with injustice and tyranny he would fill it with justice and equity.”
(Kamaluddin by Saduq, P 431)

The hadith about allegiance between Rukn and Maqam is about al-Qaem, the Riser but about the son of Imam al-Mahdi pbuh - Ahmed pbuh who is also a Qaem/Riser.

We are told that the Riser given allegiance between Rukn and Maqam is Ahmed, there is not one narration that says that the one given allegiance between Rukn and Maqam is Muhammad al-Mahdi ibn Al-Hasan Al-Askari pbuh.

Huthayfa ibn AlYamani heard the Prophet of Allah pbuhap say:"He will be given allegiance between the Rukn and Maqam his name is Ahmad,Abdullah,and Mahdi, that is his three names." Gaiba Al-Tusi p.305p.299,p.454,p.470

Huthayfa ibn AlYamani heard the Prophet of Allah pbuhap say:"He will be given allegiance between the Rukn and Maqam his name is Ahmad,Abdullah,and Mahdi, that is his three names." Bihar v.52 p.291

Huthayfa ibn AlYamani heard the Prophet of Allah pbuhap say:"He will be given allegiance between the Rukn and Maqam his name is Ahmad,Abdullah,and Mahdi, that is his three names." Mujam Ahadeeth Al-Korani v.1 p.453

Huthayfa ibn AlYamani heard the Prophet of Allah pbuhap say:"He will be given allegiance between the Rukn and Maqam his name is Ahmad,Abdullah,and Mahdi, that is his three names." Al-Khara'ej Al-Jara'eh Leqatb AlDeen Al-Rawandi p.1149

We are clearly told who is given allegiance between the Rukn and Maqam.
We are also clearly told who Ahmed the Mahdi is in Prophet's will - the son and Successor of Imam al-Mahdi pbuh.

And this hadith where the Prophet pbuhap says that there will be 12 Imams and Al-Qaem is the last of the 12 Imams does not contradict the Will, because the Prophet pbuhap has said in the Will: "... So these are the twelve Imams. Then after him, there will be twelve Mahdis. So if death approaches him, let him hand it over to his son, the first of the close ones, he has three names, one like mine and my father’s: Abdullah (servant of Allah), Ahmad and the third name is The Mahdi (rightly guided). He is the first of the believers." Sheikh Al-Toosi, Al-Ghayba p.150

Imam al-Mahdi pbuh is the 12th Imam and these are the twelve Imams, and Ahmed the Mahdi is the First Mahdi from the 12 Mahdis.

And Ahmed the First Mahdi is also a Qa'em/Riser as we have clearly been told that he is the Riser given allegiance between the Rukn and Maqam.

12 Mahdis after the Qa'em:

Abi Abdullah pbuh said: "From among us 12 Mahdis after the Qa'im pbuh from the progeny of Hussain pbuh." - Muntakhab Al-Anwar Al-Mude'ah, Sayeed Baha'a Al-Deen Al-Najafi p. 353-354

11 Mahdis after the Qa'em: (This Qa'em is not Imam al-Mahdi pbuh as there are 12 Mahdis after him, not 11)

Muhammad son of Abdullah son of Jaafar Al Himyari from his father from Muhammad son of Abdulhameed and Muhammed son of Eissa from Muhammad son of AlFuthail from Abi Hamza(Al Thumali) from Abi Abdullah pbuh in a long hadeeth he said: "O Aba Hamza, from us after the Qaim are 11 Mahdis from the son of Hussain a.s." p.478 Gaibat AlToosi

12 Mahdis after the Qa'em are the 12 Mahdis pbut after Imam al-Mahdi pbuh.
11 Mahdis after the Qa'em are the 11 Mahdis pbut after Ahmed al-Hassan pbuh.

Ahmed pbuh the son and successor of Imam al-Mahdi pbuh is also a Riser/Qa'em and is given allegiance between Rukn and Maqam as we are clearly told by the Prophet of Allah pbuhap.

Also: Sheikh AlTabrasi: And there is a saheeh narration: "There is no nation after the Qaem pbuh for anyone except the rise of his SON by the will of Allah the Most High this will happen..." page 295 volume 2 Ilaam Al Wara

The SON of the Qa'em will rise - he is also a Qa'em/Riser.

2.This Hadith is narrated through different routes of the narrators (See, Al-Qeybah by No'mani, P 281).

Imam Al-Baqir (as) said:

'That day al-Qa'im will be in Mecca leaning his back against the Kaaba. He will announce: “O people, we resort to Allah to make us succeed. Whoever of you wants to support us, let him join us. We are the progeny of your Prophet Muhammad (sawaws). We are worthier of Allah and Muhammad than other people. Whoever argues with me about Adam, I am the worthiest of Adam. Whoever argues with me about Noah, I am the worthiest of Noah. Whoever argues with me about Abraham, I am the worthiest of Abraham. Whoever argues with me about Muhammad (sawaws), I am the worthiest of Muhammad (sawaws). Whoever argues with me about the prophets, I am the worthiest of the prophets. Allah not said in his Book, ‘Surely Allah chose Adam and Noah and the descendants of Abraham and the descendants of Imran above the nations; offspring one of the other; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing? I am a remainder of Adam, a relic of Noah, elite of Abraham and a choice of Muhammad, peace be upon them all. Whoever argues with me about the Book of Allah, I am the worthiest of the book of Allah. Whoever argues with me about the Sunna of the Messenger of Allah (sawaws), I am the worthiest of the Sunna of the Messenger of Allah (sawaws). I adjure everyone, who hears my speech today, to inform the absent of it. I ask you with the right of Allah, the right of His messenger and with my right, for I have a right of kinship to the messenger of Allah, to support us and to protect us from those, who have wronged us. We have been wronged, offended, expelled from our homes, separated from our families, deprived of our rights and our honor and virtues have been distorted by the evil people. For the sake of Allah, do not fail us. Support us that may Allah supports you!”
Allah will make his [Al-Qa'im] three hundred and thirteen companions (i.e., the masters of other companions) join him without any previous appointment. O Jabir, it is the verse that Allah has revealed in His Book, ‘Wherever you are, Allah will bring you all together; surely Allah has power over all things.’ They will give allegiance to him [i.e., Al-Qa'im] between the Rukn and Maqam. With him there will be a covenant from the Prophet (sawaws) that has been inherited by the descendants; one after the other.'

2. This Hdith is in Al-Qeybah by Sheykh At-Tusi, P 477 and has a full connected route of the narrators:

Imam Al-Baqir (as) said: '300-odd persons, the same number as that of the supporters (Muslim soldiers) in the Battle of Badr, will give allegiance to Al-Qa'im (as) in between the Rukn and Maqam.

So, that Hadith that you mentioned is not about the son of Imam Al-Mahdi (as).

The hadeeth is about the son of Imam al-Mahdi pbuh because as we can clearly see he is Ahmed, Abdullah, Mahdi, these are his 3 names, while Imam al-Mahdi pbuh is Muhammad son of Hassan al-Askari pbuh the 12th Imam.

2 Qaems with different facial descriptions:

Ali son of Mihzyar describes Imam Al Mahdi's eyebrows:
"....eyebrows are azaj(long and light)..."
Gaibat AlToosi page 265
ومن قصة لقاء علي بن مهزيار بـ الإمام المهدي (ع) قال ( ..... وإذا هو كغصن بان أو قضيب ريحان ، سمح سخي تقي نقي ، ليس بالطويل الشامخ ، ولا بالقصير اللازق ، بل مربوع القامة ، مدور الهامة ، صلت الجبين ، أزج الحاجبين ، أقنى الأنف ، سهل الخدين ، على خده الأيمن خال كأنه فتات مسك على رضراضة عنبر ) الغيبة- الشيخ الطوسي ص 265 .

Imam Al Baqer pbuh describes the Qaem:"...mushref(thick and long with hair in between) eyebrows..."
Gaibat AlNumani page 215

عن أبي جعفر الباقر(ع) : (… ذاك المشرب حمرة الغائر العينين المشرف الحاجبين العريض ما بين المنكبين برأسه حزاز وبوجهه أثر رحم الله موسى ) غيبة النعماني ص215 .

From the above it proves that Imam Al Mahdi pbuh has a different description from the Qaem that is being described in the second hadeeth from Imam Al Baqir pbuh. There are two Qaems being mentioned. The one below is Ahmed, the son of Imam Al Mahdi pbuh and the one above is Imam Al Mahdi Muhammad son of Al Hasan pbuh the 12th Imam mentioned in the Prophet's Will.

And here is a scholar of Ilm AlRijal who is an Usooli(another scholar of ilm rijal), even him he admits there are 12 Mahdis and you might expect him to reject it.He considers them to be Mahdyoon and successors of the Qaim, this proves that the content of the will of the Prophet s.a.w.w about the Mahdis is not something to be doubted upon. الشيخ علي النمازي الشاهرودي في مستدرك سفينة البحار ج10 ص516 – 517، قال: (... إكمال الدين: عن أبي بصير، قال: "قلت للصادق جعفر بن محمد صلوات الله عليه: يا بن رسول الله، سمعت من أبيك أنه قال: يكون بعد القائم اثني عشر مهدياً، فقال: إنما قال: اثني عشر مهدياً ولم يقل اثنا عشر إماماً، ولكنهم قوم من شيعتنا يدعون الناس إلى موالاتنا ومعرفة حقنا".
أقول: هذا مبين للمراد من رواية أبي حمزة ورواية منتخب البصائر ولا إشكال فيه وغيرهما مما دل على أن بعد الإمام القائم (ع) اثني عشر مهدياً، وأنهم المهديون من أوصياء القائم والقوام بأمره كي لا يخلو الزمان من الحجة Sheikh Ali AlNumazi Book of Mustadrak Safeenat AlBihaar he said commentating on the narrations that speak of the offspring of Imam Al Mahdi(a.s):"It is clear from the intent of the narration from Abi Hamza and the narration of Muntakhab AlBasa'er and there is no confusion from what proves that after Imam AlQa'em(the Riser)are 12 Mahdis and they are guiders from the successors of the Riser and they are Risers by his matter,so that the Zaman(epoch) will not be vacant without a Proof(Hujja)" Mustadrak Safeenat AlBihaar v.10 p.517

Ya Ali

Dear brother, this is a fake translation of what is in the book itself. In addition, this saying isn't after the Hadith of will of Rasulullah (sawaws). If you know Arabic, see here.

This saying of Sheykh At-Tusi is indeed about the Hadiths which are about 12 Imams, not the Hadith of the will. So, he says in continue (Page 157): أن الامامة محصورة في الاثني عشر إماما، وأنهم لا يزيدون ولا ينقصون (Certainly the Imamat is restricted in 12 Imams, and they will never be more or less than this).

in p.137 of Gaibat AlToosi Sheikh AlToosi says:"As for what I reported from the side of the Khaasa(shia)it is more than what can be counted, but we shall mention some of them." So he in p.137 he starts mentioning the narrations that are from the Khaasa(shias) 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114...last narration is 114 and the will is 111 so the will is from the way of the Shias p.150-151

So the saying is about those narrations which include the Hadith of the Will of the Prophet pbuhap.

And the Prophet's will according to diraya science is mutawaator and its counted to be among the reports that Sheikh AlToosi used to prove the 12 Imams and one of them was the Prophet's will he even refuted the claim that what he reported was khabar ahaad and said that the tareeq is saheeh from the Shia Imamya. كتاب النجم الثاقب (ج 2) للشيخ حسين الطبرسي (ص 66 - ص 80)

Shareef Al Murthata, Sheikh al-Tusi's teacher proved that there can be an Imam after Imam AlMahdi a.s. and it doesn't take us out of the doctrine if we believe in that.

Shareef AlMurtatha, the teacher of Sheikh AlToosi who is the author of the Book of the Occultation!
"And its not allowed to empty the Age after him(Mahdi)from Imams but its allowed that there will be a count of Imams"
Risa'el Shareef AlMurtatha v.3 p.146
http://www.alseraj.net/maktaba/kotob/feqh/rsaelalshareef3/maktaba/Fiqh/rasaiel-alsh/03/a146.htm

A Hadith that there is a Sunni narrator between its route of the narrators about whom there is not any authentication in Rijal books, is not a Sahih and authentic Hadith. Sheykh At-Tusi himself says in his book, Al-Qeybah, that he has used the Hadiths of the both Sunni and Shia narrators.

The Prophet's will is not from the way of the Sunnis: وفي الصفحة ( ١٣٧ ) يقول الشيخ الطوسي: (فأما ما روي من جهة الخاصة فأكثر من أن
يحصى، غير أنا نذكر طرفا منها). فهو في الصفحة ( ١٣٧ ) يشرع بسرد الروايات الواردة
- ١٠٢ - من جهة الخاصة (الشيعة)، وهذه الروايات الشيعية تشمل الروايات رقم ( ١٠١
- ١١٢ - ١١١ - ١١٠ - ١٠٩ - ١٠٨ - ١٠٧ - ١٠٦ - ١٠٥ - ١٠٤ - ١٠٣
١١٤ ) والرواية الأخيرة ( ١١٤ ) تقع في الصفحة ( ١٥٤ )، أي إ ّ ن الروايات الواردة - ١١٣
.( من طرق الخاصة تستغرق الصفحات من ( ١٣٧ ) حتى الصفحة ( ١٥٤
ورواية الوصية هي الرواية رقم ( ١١١ ) من روايات الخاصة، وموقعها في الصفحتين
.(١٥١ - ١٥٠) And in p.137 of Gaibat AlToosi Sheikh AlToosi says:"As for what I reported from the side of the Khaasa(shia)it is more than what can be counted, but we shall mention some of them." So he in p.137 he starts mentioning the narrations that are from the Khaasa(shias) 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114...last narration is 114 and the will is 111 so the will is from the way of the Shias p.150-151

Sheikh AlToosi says in p.127"And what was reported about this from the side of the opposers of the Shia" and then he mentions a group of the narrations from the Sunnis(Aama) and they are numbered narrations(90-91-92-93-94-95-96-97-98-99-100) and the narration 100 falls on page 136 meaning that the Sunni narrations cover pages 127 until p.136 وفيها يقول الشيخ الطوسي في صفحة ( ١٢٧ ): (فمما روي في ذلك من جهة مخالفي
- ٩٢ - ٩١ - الشيعة) ويسرد مجموعة من الروايات العامية، وهي الروايات المرقمة: ( ٩٠
١٠٠ ). والرواية رقم ( ١٠٠ ) تقع في - ٩٩ - ٩٨ - ٩٧ - ٩٦ - ٩٥ - ٩٤ - ٩٣
الصفحة ( ١٣٦ )، أي إ ّ ن الروايات العامية تستغرق الصفحات من ( ١٢٧ ) حتى الصفحة
.(١٣٦)

Sheykh Al-Horr Al-Ameli has said that this Hadith of will of Rasulallah is narrated from a Sunni narrator (See, Al-Ighaz Min Al-Haj'ah, P 395).

Hur Al Amely:"And if they were copying from books that weren't reliable,how can this be allowed?When normally they attest to the authenticity of these narrations?And they said:It is a Hujja between them and Allah?And with that,their testimony would become false and this doesn't contradict their trustworthiness and their praise??It is amazing how they doubt upon them" p.253 وقد علمنا : أنهم لم يقصروا في ذلك ، ولو قصروا لم يشهدوا بصحه تلك الأحاديث ، بل المعلوم ، من حال أرباب السير ، والتواريخ : أنهم لا ينقلون من كتاب غير معتمد مع تمكنهم من النقل من كتاب معتمد ، فما الظن برئيس المحدثين ، وثقة الإسلام ، ورئيس الطائفة المحقة ؟ ؟ ؟
ثم لو نقلوا من غيرالكتب المعتمدة ، كيف يجوز ـ عادة ـ أن يشهدوا بصحة تلك الأحاديث ؟ ويقولوا : إنها حجة بينهم وبين الله ؟ ومع ذلك يكون شهاداتهم باطلة ، ولا ينافي ذلك ثقتهم وجلالتهم ؟ ؟
هذا عجيب ممن يظنه بهم . So what is in Gaibat AlToosi can't be doubted upon by Hur AlAmely..so now either you can admit that Hur AlAmely has contradicted himself or that he changed his opinion about what is in Gaibat AlToosi.

Hur Al Amely:"And mentioning the proof about the narrations of the books that we have copied from and the likes of it,[what is]detailed, and what is obligatory to work by,I knew the evidence of it overall.It reveals the weakness of the Istilaah Al Jadeed(the modern terminology)by dividing the hadeeth to Saheeh,Hassan,Muwathaq,and weak,that was renewed during the time of Al-Alama and his Sheikh Ahmad son of Tawoos."p.252 v.30 Wasael AlShia
في ذكر الاستدلال على صحة أحاديث الكتب التي نقلنا منها هذا الكتاب وأمثالها ، تفصيلا ، ووجُوب العمل بها فقد عرفت الدليل على ذلك إجمالا (1) .
ويظهر من ذلك ضعف الاصطلاح الجديد على تقسيم الحديث إلى صحيح ، وحسن ، وموثق ، وضعيف ، الذي تجدد في زمن العلامة ، وشيخه أحمد ابن طاووس .

Sheikh Hur Al Amely said:"And what is known from the matter of Arbab(lords)of Al Sayr(traditions) and historicities:That they do not copy from a book that is not reliable with their ability to copy from a reliable book,so do you doubt about the chief of the Muhaditheen,and the Thiqa of Islam and the chief of the truthful sect???"p.253 Wasael Al Shia v.30 وقد علمنا : أنهم لم يقصروا في ذلك ، ولو قصروا لم يشهدوا بصحه تلك الأحاديث ، بل المعلوم ، من حال أرباب السير ، والتواريخ : أنهم لا ينقلون من كتاب غير معتمد مع تمكنهم من النقل من كتاب معتمد ، فما الظن برئيس المحدثين ، وثقة الإسلام ، ورئيس الطائفة المحقة ؟ ؟ ؟ Note: Gaibat Al Toosi mentions the Prophet's will and it came from a reliable book, so the hadeeth comes from a reliable source.

المکتبة الإسلامية

Also, Ayatollah Khu'i says in his famous Rijal book that 'Ali ibn Sanan Al-Museli Al-Adl' who is between the route of the narrators of the Hadith that you mentioned, is a Sunni person (See, Mo'jam Rijal Al-Hadith, V 13, P 49,50).

Also, according to another Hadith, there is in the will of Prophet (sawaws) that Imam Ali wrote it, only 12 Imams, nothing else. See, Kitab Sulaym ibn Qays Al-Hilali, P 211.

Waffaqakallah!

From this hadith of Imam Ali pbuh you cannot say that there is nothing else in the Will because Imam Ali pbuh mentions part of the Will about the 12th Imams pbut for a specific reason in that specific time. Imam Ali pbuh didn't say and this is everything, there is nothing else. And this hadith doesn't contain the Will, it is Imam Ali pbuh speaking about a part that is written in the Will, and the only Hadeeth that has the Will like it was written by Imam Ali pbuh is in Ghayba al-Toosi.

Full chain of the Hadith of the Will of Prophet Mohammed sawas: Sheikh AlToosi iNarrated from AlJama'a from Abi Abdullah Hussain son of Ali son of Sufyan AlBuzoofri from Ali son of Sinan Moosali from Ali son of AlHussain from Ahmed son of Muhammad son of Khaleel from Jaafar son of Ahmed AlMasri from his uncle Hussain son of Ali AlMasri from his father from Abi Abdullah Jaafar son of Muhammad AlSaadiq pbuh.

Al Buzoofri narrates from Ali son of Sinan Moosali

AlBuzoofri( among the deputies of Imam Al Mahdi a.s. according to Sheikh Alaama AlMajlesy and Sayed AlShaheed AlSader)was a trustworthy and honorable man and reports even tell us that he lived during the times of 352 A.H(as what Sheikh Aba AlAbbas AlSayrafi reports) and also 365 A.H(as what Sheikh Talakabra reports). So this deputy lived after the small occultation and after the death of the fourth ambassador AlSimmiri(who died in 329 A.H).

After we showed that AlBuzoofri lived the most significant times of the small occultation and the ambassadors of Imam Al Mahdi a.s. The will of the Prophet s.a.w says that AlBuzoofri reports from Ali son of Sinaan AlMoosali.

Ali son of Sinaan AlMoosali reports from a man called Muhammad son of Saleh AlHamadani who was a deputy of Imam Al Mahdi a.s. and was a companion of Imam Hasan AlAskari a.s. according to what Ilm AlRijaal has shown. Ali son of Sinaan Al Moosali's father was also someone who lived during the times of Imam AlHasan AlAskari pbuh and also after his death. The narrations always tell us that he reports from his father and he was called AlAdel according to the Prophet's will and AlAdel means: Hur AlAmali said:The second martyr said:Enunciations of Tadeel(correctifying): was 'Adel', Thiqa(trustowrthy),Hujja, Saheeh in hadeeth. Wasael AlShia v.30 p.288

This tells us that one of the ways where someone is considered to be reliable is when he is called AlAdel and that was what Ali son of Sinaan AlMoosali was called. And he Ali son of Sinaan AlMoosali also was mentioned in a hadeeth which was considered to be Saheeh(authentic)by a great scholar in Qom called Sheikh Muhammad Baqer AlKajori, so Ali son of Sinaan was a Shia reliable narrator in the book of Khasa'es Al-Fatimya. v.3 p.498. The other thing to know is that Ali son of Sinaan AlMoosali took a hadeeth from a deputy of Imam Al Mahdi a.s. like Muhammad son of Saleh AlHamadany and a deputy of Imam Al Mahdi a.s. like AlBuzoofri used to take from him. And adding to that his father saw and reports about Imam Hasan AlAskari a.s.

And what supports that Ali son of Sinaan AlMoosali is reliable was that AlBuzoofri the deputy himself reports from him.

mojtaba

The hadith about allegiance between Rukn and Maqam is about al-Qaem, the Riser but about the son of Imam al-Mahdi pbuh - Ahmed pbuh who is also a Qaem/Riser.

We are told that the Riser given allegiance between Rukn and Maqam is Ahmed, there is not one narration that says that the one given allegiance between Rukn and Maqam is Muhammad al-Mahdi ibn Al-Hasan Al-Askari pbuh.
Salamun Alaykum!

Thanks Allah, there is a Hadith according to which, the one given allegiance between the Rukn and the Maqaam is between the 12 Imams (as), not 12 Mahdis.

Sulaym ibn Qays Al-Hilali narrates:

Imam Ali narrated to me:

The Messenger of Allah (sawaws) said to me, “Indeed, my Lord, mighty is His Majesty, has informed me that He has responded to my prayer for you and your partners [i.e., other Imams], those who will follow you.” I asked, “O Messenger of Allah (sawaws)! Who are my partners after me?” He replied, “Those whom Allah, Mighty and Glorified be He, has accompanied with Himself and me in His verse: Obey Allah and obey the Messenger and the possessors of authority amongst you”[Quran, 4:59]

I requested, “O Messenger of Allah (sawaws)! Name them for me.” He rejoined, “This son of mine” and he placed his hand on the head of Hasan (as), “then this son” and he kept his hand on the head of Husain (as), “then his [i.e., Husain] son, Ali (as), who will be born in your life, so convey my Salaam to him, and thus twelve [Imams] will be completed.” I prayed, “May my father and my mother be sacrificed for you, O Messenger of Allah (sawaws), name each one of them for me.” So, he named them one by one to me. By Allah! O brother of Bani Hilal, amongst them [i.e., 11 Imams after Imam Ali who are his partners in Imamat], is the Mahdi of the nation of Muhammad (sawaws), the one who will fill the earth with justice and equity like it has been fraught with injustice. By Allah! Surely I know who will pay allegiance to him [i.e., the Mahdi of nation of Prophet (sawaws), who is amongt the 11 Imams that are after Imam Ali] between the Rukn and the Maqaam and I know their names and their fathers and their tribes.”
(Source: Kamaluddin by Sheykh As-Saduq, P 285)

So, even if we suppose for a moment that the Hadith of will of Prophet which is in Al-Qayba At-Tusi book is true, contrary to what you believe in, according to this mentioned Hadith, the one given allegiance between the Rukn and Maqaam is indeed between 12 Imams (pbut), not 12 Mahdis who are after 12 Imams (pbut).

Huthayfa ibn AlYamani heard the Prophet of Allah pbuhap say:"He will be given allegiance between the Rukn and Maqam his name is Ahmad,Abdullah,and Mahdi, that is his three names." Gaiba Al-Tusi p.305p.299,p.454,p.470

Huthayfa ibn AlYamani heard the Prophet of Allah pbuhap say:"He will be given allegiance between the Rukn and Maqam his name is Ahmad,Abdullah,and Mahdi, that is his three names." Bihar v.52 p.291

Huthayfa ibn AlYamani heard the Prophet of Allah pbuhap say:"He will be given allegiance between the Rukn and Maqam his name is Ahmad,Abdullah,and Mahdi, that is his three names." Mujam Ahadeeth Al-Korani v.1 p.453

Huthayfa ibn AlYamani heard the Prophet of Allah pbuhap say:"He will be given allegiance between the Rukn and Maqam his name is Ahmad,Abdullah,and Mahdi, that is his three names." Al-Khara'ej Al-Jara'eh Leqatb AlDeen Al-Rawandi p.1149
1.First, I should say that the Hadith which you mentioned, is only in the Al-Qaybat At-Tusi book, and the authors of the other books that you have reffered to, have narrated it from the Al-Qaybat At-Tusi book itself. So, do not think that the Hadith has different sources.

2.Keep in mind that as I proved by Hadiths, the one that will be given allegiance between the Rukn and Maqam is only 12th Imam, not any other one. So, this Hadith which you mentioned is only about 12th Imam (as), i.e., Imam Al-Mahdi, not his supposed son.

3.You should know that according to the Hadiths, 12th Imam (as) like other Imams (as) has different names. The three names, 'Ahmad', 'Abdullah', 'Al-Mahdi' which are attributed to the one that will be given allegiance between the Rukn and Maqam [i.e., 12th Imam] in this Hadith, are names of 12th Imam himself, not his supposed son.

According to ff Hadith which has a full connected route of the narrators, two names 'Ahmad' and 'Muhammad' are indeed the names of a single person:

Said Imam Ali (a.s.) on the pulpit, “A man shall rise who is from my progeny in the last time ... . He has two names. One name will be hidden and the other, proclaimed. The one that will be hidden is Ahmad and the one that will be announced is Muhammad.
(Source: Kamaluddin by Sheykh As-Saduq, P 653)

This Hadith clearly says that the name of Al-Qa'im [i.e., the Riser], is either Ahmad and Muhammad. So, it is not correct that Ahmad and Muhammad are the names of two different ones, i.e., Muhammad is the name of 12th Imam (as), and Ahmad is just the name of his supposed son.

If we suppose for a moment that based on the Hadith of will, Ahmad is the name of the son of the 12th Imam (as) and based on an other Hadith, he may be a riser, it should be considered that the name Ahmad is his announced name (note that the name of the person who claims that he is the son of 12th Imam and you follow him, is Ahmad Al-Hasan), while this Hadith says that the name 'Ahmad' is the hidden name of the Riser (as). So that, this Hadith is about the 12th Imam, because his name 'Ahmad' is useless and nearly unknown between Shi'ites, while the other name of him, i.e., 'Muhammad', is well-known between them.

So, the name Ahmad, Muhammad, etc are the names of 12th Imam, and not any other one. Or if we suppose for a moment that the Hadith of will of Prophet is correct, the name 'Ahmad' is the name of both 12th Imam (as) and his supposed son.

We are clearly told who is given allegiance between the Rukn and Maqam.
We are also clearly told who Ahmed the Mahdi is in Prophet's will - the son and Successor of Imam al-Mahdi pbuh.
Yes, we are clearly told that 12th Imam (as) is the one given allegiance between the Rukn and Maqam.

Also, if we suppose for a moment that the hadith of will of Prophet is true, according to it and other Hadiths, only it can be proven that Ahmad is the name of both 12th Imam and his supposed son. But, according to Hadiths, Al-Qaim who is given allegiance between the Rukn and Maqam is only 12th Imam, and not his supposed son.

And this hadith where the Prophet pbuhap says that there will be 12 Imams and Al-Qaem is the last of the 12 Imams does not contradict the Will, because the Prophet pbuhap has said in the Will: "... So these are the twelve Imams. Then after him, there will be twelve Mahdis. So if death approaches him, let him hand it over to his son, the first of the close ones, he has three names, one like mine and my father’s: Abdullah (servant of Allah), Ahmad and the third name is The Mahdi (rightly guided). He is the first of the believers." Sheikh Al-Toosi, Al-Ghayba p.150

Imam al-Mahdi pbuh is the 12th Imam and these are the twelve Imams, and Ahmed the Mahdi is the First Mahdi from the 12 Mahdis.
It contradicts that surely. Because the hadith of will says that 12th Imam (as) hands the Imamt over to his son near his death time (So these are the twelve Imams. Then after him (12th Imam), there will be twelve Mahdis. So if death approaches him (i.e., 12th Imam), let him hand it (i.e., Imamt) over to his son).

The official website of Ahmad Al-Hasan (احمد الحسن) has named him as 'Imam' (الامام) frequentely. See here (من هم أنصار الإمام أحمد الحسن, قراءات صوتية لكتب الامام احمد الحسن, آخر كتب الامام احمد الحسن).

And you should know that the hadith of the will is not correct. Because:

1.There is a Hadith from Imam Ar-Ridha (as) that has two routes of the narrators, according to which the 12th Imam (as) will not have any successor. See Al-Qaybat At-Tusi, P 224/ and Ithbat Al-Wasiyyah by Ali ibn Al-Husain, P 207.

2.The reliability of two persons who are in the route of the narrators of the hadith is unknown. The first one is علي بن سنان الموصلي العىل [Ali ibn Sanan Al-Museli Al-Adl], and the other one is جعفر بن أحمد المصري [Ja'far ibn Ahmad Al-Misri]. Regarding Ali ibn Sanan Al-Adl, Allama Mamghani says in his famous Rijal book: لیس له ذکر فی کتب الرجال (There is not any thing about him in the Rijal books). See Tanghih Al-Maghal by Mamghani, V 2, P 291 (the old publication). But because there is the term 'Al-Adl' in the name of the narrator, which was almost always used for Sunni scholars, different eminent scholars have said that he was Sunni. See the previous post of mine.
So, these two unknown narrators, especially Ali ibn Sanan Al-Adl who was a Sunni scholar, make the authenticity hadith ill and invalid.

3.There is a clear contradiction in the next of the hadith. the first part of the hadith says that the name Mahdi should not be attributed to any one but Imam Ali (as) (فأنت يا علي أول الاثني عشر الامام ، سماك الله في السماء عليا المرتضى وأمير المؤمنين والصديق الاكبر والفاروق الاعظم والمأمون والمهدي ، فلا يصلح هذه الاسماء لاحد غيرك: You, O Ali, are the first of the twelve Imams, Allah has named you in his heavens Ali Al-Mortadha, The Prince of the Believers, the Grand Truthful, the Bright Differentiator between truth and falsehood, the trusted, and the Mahdi. These names should not be attributed to any one but you).
But, the end part of the hadith says that one of the three names of the supposed son of 12th Imam is the Mahdi! (فذلك اثنا عشر إماما ، ثم يكون من بعده اثنا عشر مهديا فاذا حضرته الوفاة فليسلمها إلى ابنه أول المقربين ، له ثلاثة أسامي كاسمي و اسم أبي وهو عبدالله وأحمد والاسم الثالث المهدي: So these are the twelve Imams. Then after him [12th Imam], there will be twelve Mahdis. So if death approaches him, let him hand it over to his son, the first of the close ones, he has three names, one like mine and my father’s: Abdullah , Ahmad and the third name is The Mahdi!!!).

4. And finally, the hadith of will says that the 12th Imam (as) will hand the Imamt over to his son near his death time, so that the Imams will be 13. While there are many and many Hadiths in both Shia and Sunni authentic books according to them the number of Imams is 12 and Imam Mahdi is the 12th and the seal of the Imams and Awsiya.

So, if an open mind person sees these points, he/she can immediately conclude that the hadith of will is a fake one that was made by maybe Ali ibn Sanan Al-Adl, who was a Sunni scholar, for misguiding the Shi'ites.

Last edited:

mojtaba

And Ahmed the First Mahdi is also a Qa'em/Riser as we have clearly been told that he is the Riser given allegiance between the Rukn and Maqam.
I proved by Hadiths that the one that will be given allegiance between the Rukn and Maqam is the 12th Imam, not his supposed son.

12 Mahdis after the Qa'em:

Abi Abdullah pbuh said: "From among us 12 Mahdis after the Qa'im pbuh from the progeny of Hussain pbuh." - Muntakhab Al-Anwar Al-Mude'ah, Sayeed Baha'a Al-Deen Al-Najafi p. 353-354
As the Hadith says, the 12 Mahdis are not from the progeny of 12th Imam. If they were from the progeny of 12th Imam, it would not be said in the Hadith that they are from the progeny of Imam Al-Husain (as), i.e., 3th Imam.

In addition, according to the Hadiths, these 12 Mahdis (the guided ones) are ordinary Shi'ites whom have been guided to the Imamat of 12 Imams, so invite others to the Imamat of them.

Abu Baseer narrates:
I said to As-Sadiq Ja’far bin Muhammad (a.s.): O son of Allah’s Messenger, I have heard from your father that he said:
“There will twelve Mahdis besides the Qa'im?” Imam (a.s.) said: “He has said twelve Mahdis not twelve Imams. They shall be our Shi'ites who would call the people towards our Wilayat (guardianship and Imamat), and Marefat (i.e., recognition) of our rights.”
(Source: Kamaluddin by Saduq, P 358 )

11 Mahdis after the Qa'em: (This Qa'em is not Imam al-Mahdi pbuh as there are 12 Mahdis after him, not 11)

Muhammad son of Abdullah son of Jaafar Al Himyari from his father from Muhammad son of Abdulhameed and Muhammed son of Eissa from Muhammad son of AlFuthail from Abi Hamza(Al Thumali) from Abi Abdullah pbuh in a long hadeeth he said: "O Aba Hamza, from us after the Qaim are 11 Mahdis from the son of Hussain a.s." p.478 Gaibat AlToosi

12 Mahdis after the Qa'em are the 12 Mahdis pbut after Imam al-Mahdi pbuh.
11 Mahdis after the Qa'em are the 11 Mahdis pbut after Ahmed al-Hassan pbuh.
In the version of the book Ghayba At-Tusi which was in the hand of Sheykh Al-Hurr Al-Aamili (ra), instead of the number 11 is 12. See, Al-'Ighaaz min Al-Haj'ah by Al-Hurr Al-Aamili, P 396.

So, if we accept that the Hadiths which say that there will be 12 Mahdis after Al-Qa'im (as) are authentic and true, we should consider that those Mahdis are not the sons of 12th Imam. Also, they are not Imam or successors of 12th Imam (as) (because as I mentioned, a hadith from Imam Ar-Ridha says that 12th Imam does not have any successor). They are just ordinary Shi'ites from the progeny of Imam Al-Husain that invite others to the Imamat and Wilayah of 12 Imams (as) besides 12th Imam (as).

Also: Sheikh AlTabrasi: And there is a saheeh narration: "There is no nation after the Qaem pbuh for anyone except the rise of his SON by the will of Allah the Most High this will happen..." page 295 volume 2 Ilaam Al Wara

The SON of the Qa'em will rise - he is also a Qa'em/Riser.
1.The translatiom of the saying of Sheikh AlTabrasi is fake. He says: وجاءت الرواية الصحيحة بأنّه ليس بعد دولة القائم عليه‌السلام دولة لأحد ، إلاّ ما روي من قيام ولده إن شاء الله تعالى ذلك ، ولم ترد به الرواية على القطع والثبات
There is a Sahih Hadith according to which there will not be any government for any one after the Al-Qa'im (12th Imam) pbuh, but there is a narration about the rising of his son, if Allah Ta'ala wills this, and the narration does not talk about its occurring surely and certainly.

Also, the Hadith which is about the rising of the son of Al-Qa'im is not apparentely Sahih, because Sheykh Al-Tabarsi does not say that it's Sahih.

2.The name "Al-Qa'im" is a proper noun that belongs only to the 12th Imam. Imam Al-Husain rows up against Yazid ibn Mu'awiyah (la), but he has not been named "Al-Qa'im". the name Al-Qa'im is only attributed to the 12th Imam (as) in Hadiths. See two of those Hadiths in post #41. So, if we accept the tradition which talks about the rising of son of Al-Qa'im (as) unsurely, the tradition does not mean that "Al-Qa'im" is the name of the son of Al-Qa'im [i.e., 12th Imam (as)] too.

2 Qaems with different facial descriptions:

Ali son of Mihzyar describes Imam Al Mahdi's eyebrows:
"....eyebrows are azaj(long and light)..."
Gaibat AlToosi page 265
ومن قصة لقاء علي بن مهزيار بـ الإمام المهدي (ع) قال ( ..... وإذا هو كغصن بان أو قضيب ريحان ، سمح سخي تقي نقي ، ليس بالطويل الشامخ ، ولا بالقصير اللازق ، بل مربوع القامة ، مدور الهامة ، صلت الجبين ، أزج الحاجبين ، أقنى الأنف ، سهل الخدين ، على خده الأيمن خال كأنه فتات مسك على رضراضة عنبر ) الغيبة- الشيخ الطوسي ص 265 .

Imam Al Baqer pbuh describes the Qaem:"...mushref(thick and long with hair in between) eyebrows..."
Gaibat AlNumani page 215

عن أبي جعفر الباقر(ع) : (… ذاك المشرب حمرة الغائر العينين المشرف الحاجبين العريض ما بين المنكبين برأسه حزاز وبوجهه أثر رحم الله موسى ) غيبة النعماني ص215 .

From the above it proves that Imam Al Mahdi pbuh has a different description from the Qaem that is being described in the second hadeeth from Imam Al Baqir pbuh. There are two Qaems being mentioned. The one below is Ahmed, the son of Imam Al Mahdi pbuh and the one above is Imam Al Mahdi Muhammad son of Al Hasan pbuh the 12th Imam mentioned in the Prophet's Will.
You wrong. Allama Majlisi wrote in his famous book, Bihar Al-Anwar, V 52, P 13, that the adjective 'Azajj' (ازج) means 'arched and long'. So, the first Hadith says that the eyebrows of Imam Al-Mahdi (as) [i.e., 12th Imam] is arched and long. And 'المشرف الحاجبين' in the second Hadith means arched eyebrows (See, Bihar Al-Anwar, V 51, P 40).

Also, if you see the full text of the second Hadith, it talks about the Al-Qaim which is the name of only 12th Imam.

So, there is not any different descriptions.

And here is a scholar of Ilm AlRijal who is an Usooli(another scholar of ilm rijal), even him he admits there are 12 Mahdis and you might expect him to reject it.He considers them to be Mahdyoon and successors of the Qaim, this proves that the content of the will of the Prophet s.a.w.w about the Mahdis is not something to be doubted upon. الشيخ علي النمازي الشاهرودي في مستدرك سفينة البحار ج10 ص516 – 517، قال: (... إكمال الدين: عن أبي بصير، قال: "قلت للصادق جعفر بن محمد صلوات الله عليه: يا بن رسول الله، سمعت من أبيك أنه قال: يكون بعد القائم اثني عشر مهدياً، فقال: إنما قال: اثني عشر مهدياً ولم يقل اثنا عشر إماماً، ولكنهم قوم من شيعتنا يدعون الناس إلى موالاتنا ومعرفة حقنا".
أقول: هذا مبين للمراد من رواية أبي حمزة ورواية منتخب البصائر ولا إشكال فيه وغيرهما مما دل على أن بعد الإمام القائم (ع) اثني عشر مهدياً، وأنهم المهديون من أوصياء القائم والقوام بأمره كي لا يخلو الزمان من الحجة Sheikh Ali AlNumazi Book of Mustadrak Safeenat AlBihaar he said commentating on the narrations that speak of the offspring of Imam Al Mahdi(a.s):"It is clear from the intent of the narration from Abi Hamza and the narration of Muntakhab AlBasa'er and there is no confusion from what proves that after Imam AlQa'em(the Riser)are 12 Mahdis and they are guiders from the successors of the Riser and they are Risers by his matter,so that the Zaman(epoch) will not be vacant without a Proof(Hujja)" Mustadrak Safeenat AlBihaar v.10 p.517
He has erred and other eminent scholars like Allama Majlisi (ra) do not agree with him.

As I previously said, the Hadith of Imam Ar-Ridha (as) says that the 12th Imam (as) does not have any successor.

Last edited:

Ya Ali

Salamun Alaykum!

Thanks Allah, there is a Hadith according to which, the one given allegiance between the Rukn and the Maqaam is between the 12 Imams (as), not 12 Mahdis.

Sulaym ibn Qays Al-Hilali narrates:

Imam Ali narrated to me:

The Messenger of Allah (sawaws) said to me, “Indeed, my Lord, mighty is His Majesty, has informed me that He has responded to my prayer for you and your partners [i.e., other Imams], those who will follow you.” I asked, “O Messenger of Allah (sawaws)! Who are my partners after me?” He replied, “Those whom Allah, Mighty and Glorified be He, has accompanied with Himself and me in His verse: Obey Allah and obey the Messenger and the possessors of authority amongst you”[Quran, 4:59]

I requested, “O Messenger of Allah (sawaws)! Name them for me.” He rejoined, “This son of mine” and he placed his hand on the head of Hasan (as), “then this son” and he kept his hand on the head of Husain (as), “then his [i.e., Husain] son, Ali (as), who will be born in your life, so convey my Salaam to him, and thus twelve [Imams] will be completed.” I prayed, “May my father and my mother be sacrificed for you, O Messenger of Allah (sawaws), name each one of them for me.” So, he named them one by one to me. By Allah! O brother of Bani Hilal, amongst them [i.e., 11 Imams after Imam Ali who are his partners in Imamat], is the Mahdi of the nation of Muhammad (sawaws), the one who will fill the earth with justice and equity like it has been fraught with injustice. By Allah! Surely I know who will pay allegiance to him [i.e., the Mahdi of nation of Prophet (sawaws), who is amongt the 11 Imams that are after Imam Ali] between the Rukn and the Maqaam and I know their names and their fathers and their tribes.”
(Source: Kamaluddin by Sheykh As-Saduq, P 285)

So, even if we suppose for a moment that the Hadith of will of Prophet which is in Al-Qayba At-Tusi book is true, contrary to what you believe in, according to this mentioned Hadith, the one given allegiance between the Rukn and Maqaam is indeed between 12 Imams (pbut), not 12 Mahdis who are after 12 Imams (pbut).

1.First, I should say that the Hadith which you mentioned, is only in the Al-Qaybat At-Tusi book, and the authors of the other books that you have reffered to, have narrated it from the Al-Qaybat At-Tusi book itself. So, do not think that the Hadith has different sources.

2.Keep in mind that as I proved by Hadiths, the one that will be given allegiance between the Rukn and Maqam is only 12th Imam, not any other one. So, this Hadith which you mentioned is only about 12th Imam (as), i.e., Imam Al-Mahdi, not his supposed son.

3.You should know that according to the Hadiths, 12th Imam (as) like other Imams (as) has different names. The three names, 'Ahmad', 'Abdullah', 'Al-Mahdi' which are attributed to the one that will be given allegiance between the Rukn and Maqam [i.e., 12th Imam] in this Hadith, are names of 12th Imam himself, not his supposed son.

Waleikum asalam.

You haven't proved anything. Allegiance given between Rukn and the Maqam to the Mahdi of the nation of Muhammad (pbuhap) from amongst them - the children of Hussain. The First Mahdi pbuh, the son and successor of the 12th Imam pbuh, Ahmed the Mahdi is amongst them, from the progeny of Hussain pbuh.

And from Imam Sajad (a.s) he said: "The Riser(Qa'im) will rise from us(meaning the Mahdi)and then after him there shall be 12 Mahdis(meaning Imams from his offspring)"Sharh Alkhbar 3/400 (Explanation News 3 / 400.) by Gathi AlNuman AlMagrebi 363 A.H

[1281] وعن علً بن الحسٌن علٌه السلام، أنه قال : ٌقوم القابم منا (ٌعنً المهدي) ثم ٌكون بعده اثنا عشر مهدٌا (ٌعنً من الأبمة من ذرٌته) (1 ).

Imam Al Saadeq pbuh said:"From us after the Riser there will be 12 Mahdis from the son of Hussein" Bihar AlAnwar v.53 p.148 1111. A.H

خلفاء المهدي ع30 باب145 صفحة53 هـ) الجزء 1111( بحار الأنوار للمجلسً

It is a misconception to think that it is meant Imam al-Mahdi may Allah hasten his reappearence, because:

1/ As for your misconception that Al-Qaim is the name of only 12th Imam here is the hadith that shows even the Mahdis from the progeny of 12th Imam(as) can be called Qaim(as)

And from Al Baqir and Al Sadiq a.s. who said in mentioning Al Kufa: "It has in it the Masjid of Sahla, Allah has not sent a Prophet except that he prayed in it, in it shall appear the justice of Allah and in it is the Qaim and the Qaims after him" "And in it is the Rank of the Prophets and the Vicegerents and the Preferred Ones"- Wasael Al Shia, part 3, page 524

2/ From Fathel Ibn Shathan from Ismael son of Ayash from Al Amash from Abi Wa'el from Huthayfa, he said: "I heard the Messenger of Allah s.a.w.w. and him mentioning the Mahdi so he said: "He will be given allegiance between the Rukn and Maqam, his name is Ahmed, Abdullah and Mahdi. These are his three names." - Gaibat al Toosi page 454.

3/ In Prophet's Will we are told that Ahmed is the son and successor of Imam al-Mahdi, and the first of the believers.

"...Then if death approaches him, let him hand it over to his son, Muhammad the Entrusted of the Holy Family of Muhammad peace be upon them. So these are the twelve Imams. Then after him, there will be twelve Mahdis. So if death approaches him, let him hand it over to his son, the first of the close ones, he has three names, one like mine and my father’s: Abdullah (servant of Allah), Ahmad and the third name is The Mahdi (rightly guided). He is the first of the believers.” - Sheikh Al-Toosi, Al-Ghayba p. 150

4/ Imam al-Sadiq pbuh and Imam Sajad pbuh narrations supporting the Will and that there is a Mahdi named Ahmed after Imam al-Mahdi pbuh.

Saying that Ahmed,Abdullah,Mahdi is Mohammed ibn Al-Hassan al-Askari pbuh is denial of the truth.

According to ff Hadith which has a full connected route of the narrators, two names 'Ahmad' and 'Muhammad' are indeed the names of a single person:

Said Imam Ali (a.s.) on the pulpit, “A man shall rise who is from my progeny in the last time ... . He has two names. One name will be hidden and the other, proclaimed. The one that will be hidden is Ahmad and the one that will be announced is Muhammad.
(Source: Kamaluddin by Sheykh As-Saduq, P 653)

This Hadith clearly says that the name of Al-Qa'im [i.e., the Riser], is either Ahmad and Muhammad. So, it is not correct that Ahmad and Muhammad are the names of two different ones, i.e., Muhammad is the name of 12th Imam (as), and Ahmad is just the name of his supposed son.

This is an allegorical hadeeth. The name of the Riser that is apparent is Muhammad - Muhammad ibn Al-Hassan al-Askari pbuh, as 400 million Shias know and await him. The name of the Riser that is hidden is Ahmed, his son the First Mahdi, as his matter is hidden to the Shias.

Imam Al Baaqer a.s"From the riser are two names,one is hidden and the other is revealed. As for the one that is hidden it is Ahmad and the one that is revealed it is Muhammad" Kamal Al Deen p.653 v.2 door 57

The hidden name is Ahmad and the revealed is Muhammad a.j

Mujam Ahadeeth Al Imam Al Mahdi a.s Sheikh Ali AlKorani AlAmili v.3 p.45Omar asked Prince of the believers pbuh about Mahdi he said:"O son of Abi Taleb, tell me about the Mahdi what is his name?"He said:"As for his name NO!My beloved and my best friend made me make a promise not to speak about his name,until when Allah the Exalted will make him appear,and he is the one that Allah the Exalted placed for the Prophet within his knowledge."

And look at Imam Ali a.s. here naming Imam Al Mahdi a.s.

Ahmad son of Ayash AlJawheri p.31 Bihar v.13 p.28 Prince of the believers pbuh said:"That is the missed one,abandoned and fugitive: Muhammad son of Hassan son of Ali son of Muhammad son of Ali son of Musa son of Ja'afer son of Muhammad son of Ali son of Hussein pbu them,and so he placed his hand on Hussein pbu him.

Ahmed the hidden Riser whose descent is unknown:

Imam Ali a.s on the pulpit of Kufa said"There has to be a mill that crushes and when its axle begins to start it,Allah will send a harsh servant(slave of His) whose descent is unknown, victory will be with him,his companions will have long hair(symbolic for ideas)people of Sibal,clothes are black,people with black banners, Woe unto whoever fights them,they will be killed relentlessly,by Allah as if I am looking at them and their works and what the evil doers will see from them and the ill-mannered Arabs,Allah will make them revolt against them without any mercy,they will kill them in their own city on the shore of Euphrates the sea region and desert region." Gaibat AlNumani p.265

Imam Al Saadeq pbuh says "And when the verses are being recited he said: It is but myths from the ancient ones"Mutafifeen-13.Imam says:"This mean lying against the Riser(Qa'em) pbuh that he says to him"We do not know you and you are not from the children of Fatima peace be upon her, like how the polytheists said to Muhammad(saw) Mujam Ahadeeth Imam Al mahdi pbuh v.5 p.385 Mustadrak Safeenat Al Bihar p.1

Shias will not say this to Imam Al-Mahdi pbuh, because they know who he is, rather they say it to the First Mahdi Ahmed, the hidden Qa'em whose descent is unknown.

If we suppose for a moment that based on the Hadith of will, Ahmad is the name of the son of the 12th Imam (as) and based on an other Hadith, he may be a riser, it should be considered that the name Ahmad is his announced name (note that the name of the person who claims that he is the son of 12th Imam and you follow him, is Ahmad Al-Hasan), while this Hadith says that the name 'Ahmad' is the hidden name of the Riser (as). So that, this Hadith is about the 12th Imam, because his name 'Ahmad' is useless and nearly unknown between Shi'ites, while the other name of him, i.e., 'Muhammad', is well-known between them.

So, the name Ahmad, Muhammad, etc are the names of 12th Imam, and not any other one. Or if we suppose for a moment that the Hadith of will of Prophet is correct, the name 'Ahmad' is the name of both 12th Imam (as) and his supposed son.

The announced name is Muhammad, which is Muhammad ibn Al-Hasan al-Askari pbuh which the Shias know and follow for over thousand years. The hidden name is Ahmed and it was hidden for thousand of years and the matter was not known to the Shias, until Imam Ahmed al-Hasan a.s. was born in end times and his mission started. And today majority of 400 million Shias know who Muhammad al-Mahdi pbuh is but don't know who Ahmed al-Hasan pbuh is.

That's why it is unknown between the Shias, it is a test upon the Shias to accept the Messenger sent to them.

Ya Ali

It contradicts that surely. Because the hadith of will says that 12th Imam (as) hands the Imamt over to his son near his death time (So these are the twelve Imams. Then after him (12th Imam), there will be twelve Mahdis. So if death approaches him (i.e., 12th Imam), let him hand it (i.e., Imamt) over to his son).

The official website of Ahmad Al-Hasan (احمد الحسن) has named him as 'Imam' (الامام) frequentely. See here (من هم أنصار الإمام أحمد الحسن, قراءات صوتية لكتب الامام احمد الحسن, آخر كتب الامام احمد الحسن).

(With the Righteous Servant, part 1):

Ahmed al-Hasan has said: ("Wafah" does not always mean death. Rather, it is an indication to death since death is "istifaa' (taking)" [*] by Allah (swt) {When Allah said, "O Jesus, indeed I will take you } [Surat Al-'Imran 3:55] Is Jesus dead?! So raising is named "Wafah" (departure) just as death is named "Wafah" (departure) considering that both of them are "taking"...)
[*] Translator's note: In Arabic, the word "Wafah" is derived from the word "istifaa'" which means "taking". So "Wafah" does not always mean death in Arabic, it also means "taking". And this other meaning of "Wafah" (which is "taking" and not "death") is present in some Qu'ranic verses and narrations, and some of those verses and hadiths were mentioned and more shall be mentioned in the following part.

Two Imams at same time: (From "With the Righteous Servant, part 1)

1. Imam Ahmed al-Hasan has said: (...Lot was a pronouncing Hujjah during the presence of Abraham [while Abraham was] alive and apparent on this Earth and not [even] raised. [Lot was the Hujjah while Abraham was still alive] only because Abraham was not present in the village where Lot was...)

2. So I said: So, what I understand is that the Hadiths which say: "There will be no two Hujjahs except one of them would be pronouncing" [14] mean if they are present in the same place?

So he (Ahmed al-Hasan a.s) said:
(Yes, definitely. Would a sane person say otherwise? Was Ali (a.s) a pronouncing Hujjah upon the people of Medina when the Messenger of Allah (sawas) was absent when he went to Tabuk, or not? Was he a proof upon the people of Medina or not? Was it obligatory that they follow him in every saying and action or not? Therefore, being a Proof [upon them] is confirmed for him while the Messenger of Allah was present. Something remains: Ali (a.s) is not the Hujjah (the Proof) of Allah, rather, he is the Hujjah (the proof) of Muhammad (sawas). And he is not pronouncing on the behalf of Allah, rather, he is pronouncing on the behalf of Muhammad, whether during the life of Muhammad or after his martyrdom. We say about him that he is the Hujjah (proof) of Allah; because according to the origin he is the Hujjah of Allah, because he is the Hujjah of Muhammad, and Muhammad is the Caliph (Successor) of Allah ) [15]
[14] This was mentioned in narrations. One of them is: Al-Hussein ibn Abi Alaa' said: ( I said to Abu Abdullah (a.s.) "Would the earth exist without an Imam?" So he (a.s): "No". So I said: "Two Imams?" So he (a.s) said: "No, except that one of them is silent")- Al-Kafi Volume 1 Page 178 Hadith 1
[15] Sheikh Nathim Al-Uqeily said: (And from that we know that Sayyed Ahmed Al-Hassan (a.s) currently is the Hujjah of Imam Mahdi (a.s) upon the people, and not the Hujjah of Allah. Yes, he is the Hujjah of Allah, because he is the Hujjah of Imam Mahdi, and Imam Mahdi (a.s) is the Hujjah of Allah)

3. Then the Righteous Servant (a.s) adds a third witness for this truth, so he ( Ahmed al-Hasan a.s) said:
({And David and Solomon, when they gave judgment concerning the field, when people's sheep had strayed and browsed therein by night; and We were witnesses to their judgment * And We made Solomon understand (the case); and unto each of them We gave judgment and knowledge. And we subdued the hills and the birds to hymn (His) praise along with David. We were the doers (thereof).} [Surat Al-Anbiyaa' 21:78-79]This is Solomon during the lifetime of his father David, he judged in a case, and Solomon judged in the same case, and Allah ran the judgment of Solomon, even though David was the Proof upon Solomon. Thus, Solomon was pronouncing, and the one Who made him understand is Allah. And this is a very clear matter in proving what is demanded)

4. Imam Ahmed al-Hasan has said: (They ask you: How could the Vicegerent come before the Hujjah? This is Aaron, he was sent to Egypt before Moses, and by a clear Qu'ranic text: {And when your Lord called Moses, [saying]: Go to the wrongdoing people * The people of Pharaoh. Will they not fear Allah? * He said, "My Lord, indeed I fear that they will belie me * And that my chest will tighten and my tongue will not be fluent, so send to Aaron} [Surat Al-Shu'araa 26:10-13] These verses clarify that Moses requested from Allah to send to Aron, meaning, to inform Aron just like He (swt) informed him. And the call started by Aron, and he prepared the people to receive Moses {[Allah] said, "No. Go both of you with Our signs; indeed, We are with you, listening.} [Surat Al-Shu'araa' 26:15] . This verse clarify that Allah answered the request of Moses (a.s), not only that, rather, Aron was the one who remained undertaking the confrontation/encounter {So the magicians fell down in prostration. They said, "We have believed in the Lord of Aaron and Moses."} [Surat Taha 20:70]. Aron came [in the previous verse] before Moses; because he was the one who faced them, and Aron the Vicegerent of Moses was sent in the Land of the Message and it is Egypt, before Moses, rather he remained pronouncing and confronting, while Moses was present; because Moses asked for that. But Moses was the Proof upon him so Aron would not pronounce except by the command of Moses { And that my chest will tighten and my tongue will not be fluent, so send to Aaron}

Moses, what is he requesting? Who was the speaker? He requested that the speaker be Aaron, and Allah answered him, to the point where the magicians said they believed in Aron before Moses, have you paid attention to that {So the magicians fell down in prostration. They said, "We have believed in the Lord of Aaron and Moses."}?

Now, did that end? Meaning, that the Vicegerent could be sent before the Hujjah whom is a Proof upon him with that matter (Moses and Aaron)? And before that I have given you three examples: Lot and Abraham, Muhammad and Ali, Solomon and David, peace be upon all of them, and this is the forth example, and those four are enough...)

Ya Ali

And you should know that the hadith of the will is not correct. Because:

1.There is a Hadith from Imam Ar-Ridha (as) that has two routes of the narrators, according to which the 12th Imam (as) will not have any successor. See Al-Qaybat At-Tusi, P 224/ and Ithbat Al-Wasiyyah by Ali ibn Al-Husain, P 207.

2.The reliability of two persons who are in the route of the narrators of the hadith is unknown. The first one is علي بن سنان الموصلي العىل [Ali ibn Sanan Al-Museli Al-Adl], and the other one is جعفر بن أحمد المصري [Ja'far ibn Ahmad Al-Misri]. Regarding Ali ibn Sanan Al-Adl, Allama Mamghani says in his famous Rijal book: لیس له ذکر فی کتب الرجال (There is not any thing about him in the Rijal books). See Tanghih Al-Maghal by Mamghani, V 2, P 291 (the old publication). But because there is the term 'Al-Adl' in the name of the narrator, which was almost always used for Sunni scholars, different eminent scholars have said that he was Sunni. See the previous post of mine.
So, these two unknown narrators, especially Ali ibn Sanan Al-Adl who was a Sunni scholar, make the authenticity hadith ill and invalid.

3.There is a clear contradiction in the next of the hadith. the first part of the hadith says that the name Mahdi should not be attributed to any one but Imam Ali (as) (فأنت يا علي أول الاثني عشر الامام ، سماك الله في السماء عليا المرتضى وأمير المؤمنين والصديق الاكبر والفاروق الاعظم والمأمون والمهدي ، فلا يصلح هذه الاسماء لاحد غيرك: You, O Ali, are the first of the twelve Imams, Allah has named you in his heavens Ali Al-Mortadha, The Prince of the Believers, the Grand Truthful, the Bright Differentiator between truth and falsehood, the trusted, and the Mahdi. These names should not be attributed to any one but you).
But, the end part of the hadith says that one of the three names of the supposed son of 12th Imam is the Mahdi! (فذلك اثنا عشر إماما ، ثم يكون من بعده اثنا عشر مهديا فاذا حضرته الوفاة فليسلمها إلى ابنه أول المقربين ، له ثلاثة أسامي كاسمي و اسم أبي وهو عبدالله وأحمد والاسم الثالث المهدي: So these are the twelve Imams. Then after him [12th Imam], there will be twelve Mahdis. So if death approaches him, let him hand it over to his son, the first of the close ones, he has three names, one like mine and my father’s: Abdullah , Ahmad and the third name is The Mahdi!!!).

The statement in the prayer of Imam Reza -the right-of Imam Mahdi in the era of emergence "O Allah Give him and his family and his son and his descendants and the nation, and all his subjects what pleases him... until he says: O Allah, bless the rulers of his era and Imams after him and reach to their hopes and make their live's longer and dear their victory." Mosbah Al-Motahajid for the Tusi page 409.

وما جاء فً دعاء الإمام الرضا (ع) ـ الصحٌح ـ للإمام المهدي فً عصر الؽٌبة ) ... ) ته ٌ ع رع ٌ ته وأمته وجم ٌ ه وذر ِدَ لـ َوَ نفسه وأهله و ً اللهم أعطه ف ما تقر به عٌنه وتسر به نفسه وتجمع له ملك المملكات كلها ...إلى ان ٌقول :اللهم صل على ولاة عهده والأبمة من بعده وبلؽهم آمالهم وزد فً آجالهم وأعز نصرهم ...) 409 ، مصباح المتهجد للطوسً ص309 جمال الأسبوع لأبن طاووس ص 618

Imam Ritha pbuh said:"And peace and blessings upon your guardian(Imam Al Mahdi)and those who bear your promise and the Imams from his sons”Bihar
AlAnwar v.99 p.114 v.52 p.20 Gaibat AlToosi p.186 Jamal AlIsboo p.301

اللهم أعطه فً نفسه وذرٌته وشٌعته ورعٌته وخاصته وعامته وعدوه وجمٌع أهل الدنٌا ما تقر به عٌنه وتسر به نفسه : ( ... ... إلى قوله (ع) : ا وآخرة ٌ آجالهم وبلؽهم أقصى آمالهم دن ً أعمارهم وزد ف ً ف ّ ك وولاة عهده والأبمة من ولده ومد ٌ وصل على ول 186 ...) ؼٌبة الطوسً ص / 301 . جمال الأسبوع ص

Ali ibn Sanan al-Adl is a Shia and it was proven so:

1. The will of the Prophet s.a.w says that AlBuzoofri reports from Ali son of Sinaan AlMoosali.

Who was Al Buzoorfi?

AlBuzoofri is among the deputies of Imam Al Mahdi a.s. according to Sheikh Alaama AlMajlesy and Sayed AlShaheed AlSader, as he lived during the time of Gaibat AlSugra and the reports tell us that he used to copy hadeeths or report hadeeths from people like Humaid Ibn Zyad around 310 A.H and also 306 A.H from Ahmed son of Idrees AlQummi who is the Sheikh of his own father. AlBuzoofri also reports from the third ambassadar Hussain Ibn Rooh r.a(who died on 320 A.H) and also report to specific individuals some unseen knowledge as one of the cases occured in the year of 317 A.H where a man called Abu Muhammad AlHasan son of Ali son of Ismael son of Jaafar son of Muhammad son of Ubdaydallah son of Muhammad son of Omar son of Ali Ibn Abi Taleb a.s. AlJarajani reports a case where a man is rejecting his son because he didn't believe it was his so a man went to AlBuzoofri and while he was present, AlBuzoofri said to him:"The son is his, he performed it with her on a day of so and so and in a place of so and so" Shaheed AlSader says that this is evidence that he obtained information from Imam Al Mahdi a.s. and Sheikh AlMajlesy says that AlBuzoofri was among the deputies but it was not transmitted to us.(Gaibat AlSugra p.523).

So AlBuzoofri was a trustworthy and honorable man and reports even tell us that he lived during the times of 352 A.H(as what Sheikh Aba AlAbbas AlSayrafi reports) and also 365 A.H(as what Sheikh Talakabra reports). So this deputy lived after the small occultation and after the death of the fourth ambassador AlSimmiri(who died in 329 A.H).

After we showed that AlBuzoofri lived the most significant times of the small occultation and the ambassadors of Imam Al Mahdi a.s. The will of the Prophet s.a.w says that AlBuzoofri reports from Ali son of Sinaan AlMoosali.

So Al Buzoorfi who Sheikh Al Majlesy says that was among the deputies of Imam al-Mahdi pbuh will not report from a Sunni, he reports from Ali ibn Sinan al-Adl because he was a Shia.

2. The narrations always tell us that he reports from his father and he was called AlAdel according to the Prophet's will and AlAdel means: Hur AlAmali said:The second martyr said:Enunciations of Tadeel(correctifying): was 'Adel', Thiqa(trustowrthy),Hujja, Saheeh in hadeeth. Wasael AlShia v.30 p.288

3. And he Ali son of Sinaan AlMoosali also was mentioned in a hadeeth which was considered to be Saheeh(authentic)by a great scholar in Qom called Sheikh Muhammad Baqer AlKajori, so Ali son of Sinaan was a Shia reliable narrator in the book of Khasa'es Al-Fatimya. v.3 p.498.

4. And what supports that Ali son of Sinaan AlMoosali is reliable was that AlBuzoofri the deputy himself reports from him.

5. Now Ali son of Sinaan AlMoosaly reports from who? He reports from Ali son of AlHussain son of Baabuya AlQummi(the father of Sheikh AlSadooq). The father of Sheikh AlSadooq(the author of Kamal AlDeen,Uyoon Akhbar AlRitha, Man La Yahdiraho AlFaqeeh and AlKhisal etc) lived during the time of Imam Hasan AlAskari a.s. and was praised by Imam Al Mahdi pbuh during the time of the third ambassador Sheikh Hussain son of Rooh when Imam AlZaman pbuh said to him in a letter:"We prayed for you and you will have two benevolent male sons"[Rijal AlNajashi p.261-262] and so one of them was Sheikh AlSadooq and even Sheikh AlSadooq was proud of that saying that I was born from the dua of the Imam a.s. as what Sheikh AlNajashi mentioned. So Ali son of Hussain was reliable and Thiqa no question about it.

Jafar ibn Ahmed al-Masri is trustworthy and a Shia:

1. the Sunnis used to hate him since he was narrating hadeeths about the merits of Imam Ali a.s. and a Sunni scholar like Ibn Uday used to despise what he narrates about Imam Ali a.s.For example like this hadeeth:Messenger of Allah s.a.w slapped the thigh of Ali a.s. and said:"Those who love you , love me and love Allah and those who hate you, hate me and hate Allah" Kamal Abdullah son of Uday v.5 p.127. This Nasibi Sheikh son of Uday considered this hadeeth to be false and belies it.The one reporting this hadeeth was Jafar son of Ahmed, the man who was mentioned in the chain of the Prophet's will. So Jafar son of Ahmed who died in the year 304 A.H before the second emissary Muhammad Ibn Uthman AlUmri who died 305 A.H. has reported this will and the Sunnis hated him for reporting a merit of Imam Ali a.s.Just like how the Sunni Sheikhs hated the rest of the companions condemn the followers of Imam Ali son of Abi Taleb a.s.

So anyways, what is important to understand is that Jaafar son of Ahmad was a Shia and was despised by the Sunnis for his narrations about Ahlulbayt a.s. and AlThahabi who lived during the seventh century considered this man to be a lying Rafithi just like the other great companions of the Imams pbut they used to be called lying Rafithis. For example there is a Tafseer In AlTabari that Khayr AlBarya[the benevolent creation](in the Chapter of the Bayena) were Ali and his Shias so then the Sunni scholars of Ilm AlRijal considered the narrators in this chain to be lying Rafithis and also the hadeeths about Ali pbuh being the Khaleefa of the Prophet s.a.w. So just because they grappled hard on the rope of Ali son of Abi Taleb a.s. they were called Rafithis and liars according to the Ilm AlRijal of the Sunnis.

Now according to the Biographical Evaluation and Ilm AlRijal there is one last important thing to emphasize upon and its what Sheikh Mirza AlNoori AlTabrasi said: Sheikh Mirza AlNoori AlTabrasi:"The condemnation from the people of the Sunna against the narrators of the Shia is evidence that they are trustworthy; because the sign of greatness of the Shia narration and his trustworthiness and the severity in holding to Ahlulbayt a.s., is when the Aama(Sunnis) weaken him and counting him to be from the Gulat of the Shia"Khatimat AlMustadrak v.1 p.72 by Mirza AlNoori

And also Sheikh AlKalbaasi said the same thing in the book of Sama AlMaqaal of Ilm AlRijal v.1 p.210-211.

So Jaafar son of Ahmed is trustworthy and he was a Shia of Ahlulbayt pbut may Allah swt have mercy on him for safekeeping such narrations despite the Banu Abbas l.a. influence during his time.

About text of the hadeeth: There is no Contradiction, as it can be said that here Ali (as) is called the Mahdi in Allah's heavens while First Mahdi is not called Mahdi in Allah's heavens like Ali ibn Abi Taleb(as).

Ya Ali

4. And finally, the hadith of will says that the 12th Imam (as) will hand the Imamt over to his son near his death time, so that the Imams will be 13. While there are many and many Hadiths in both Shia and Sunni authentic books according to them the number of Imams is 12 and Imam Mahdi is the 12th and the seal of the Imams and Awsiya.

So, if an open mind person sees these points, he/she can immediately conclude that the hadith of will is a fake one that was made by maybe Ali ibn Sanan Al-Adl, who was a Sunni scholar, for misguiding the Shi'ites.

Sheikh Korani in his commentary will prove that the narration of the Mahdis is not khabar ahaad(this means reports which don't give certainty)solitary reports:
Sheikh AlKorani points out the Tawaator of the narrations of the Mahdis in discussing the words of AlBayathi AlAmeli the author of the book Sirat AlMustaqeem who said that the narration of the will is khabar ahaad :
And the meaning from his words may Allah have mercy on him[AlBayathi]:" Is that Shareef AlMurthatha may Allah have mercy on him defended about the narrations on the continuation of Takleef(religious accountability)and the general Imamate after Imam AlMahdi pbuh with his sons the Mahdyeen(Mahdis). And he said that this doesn't conflict with that the Imams pbut are 12 and not more because they are the origin and the ones who remain from their branches and their continuation. And he does not reject the words of AlMurthatha but excluding and taking responsibility at interpreting the hadeeth of the 12 Mahdis.As for his saying that its khabar ahaad/solitary reports, the reason is that he did not look at the multiple reports that we have mentioned and I have seen some of them mentioned in the sources of other than ours also! And he imagined may Allah have mercy on him that the Qyama is close to the nation of Imam AlMahdi pbuh, he didn't come with hadeeths from Ahlulbayt pbut and also his wrong interpretation from the non existence of the nation after their nation. So we do not agree that this is evidence of the short period of their nation pbut."
Mujam Mawthoo'i liHadeeth Imam AlMahdi pbuh p.305

أشار الكوراني الى تواتر روايات المهديين (ع) في مناقشته لقول البياضي العاملي صاحب كتاب الصراط المستقيم بأن رواية الوصية آحاد، قائلاً:
[ومعنى كلامه « رحمه الله » : أن الشريف المرتضى « رحمه الله » دافع عن روايات استمرار التكليف والإمامة العامة بعد الإمام المهدي « عليه السلام » بأولاده المهديين ، وقال إن ذلك لا ينافي أن الأئمة « عليهم السلام » اثنا عشر لا أكثر ، لأنهم الأصل والباقون من فروعهم وامتدادهم . ولم يردَّ هو كلام المرتضى « عليهم السلام » بأكثر من الاستبعاد والتكلف في تأويل حديث الاثني عشر مهدياً ! أما قوله إنه خبر آحاد ، فسببه أنه لم يطلع على الأخبار العديدة التي أوردناها وقد رأيت طرفاً منها في مصادر غيرنا أيضاً ! وتصوره « رحمه الله » أن القيامة قريبة من دولة الإمام المهدي « عليه السلام » لم يأته من أحاديث أهل البيت « عليهم السلام » ، وكذا تفسيره الخاطئ لعدم وجود دولة بعد دولتهم ، فلا نوافقه على أن ذلك يدل على قصر مدة دولتهم « عليهم السلام »] المعجم الموضوعي لأحاديث الإمام المهدي (ع) ص305

And source was posted in last posts where Shareef Al Murthata, Sheikh al-Toosi's teacher, says that it doesn't contradict with the Imams pbut being 12.

It was proven that Ali ibn Sinaan was a Shia.

Also an opened minded person such as Shahid al-Sader believed in the Will of the Prophet pbuhap and his Successor: Sayed Muhammad Saadiq AlSader:"And from here Imam Al Mahdi pbuh will appoint a Khaleefa(successor)during his life, or at the end of his year,so that he will become the highest chief for the nation of the world of justice after him,and the first ruler from the period of the prefered and righteous ones of Allah" Mawsoo'a of Sayed Al Sader p.645 Tareekh Ma Ba'ad Al Thuhoor

As for the second aspect: What AlMajlesy mentioned is summarized to admitting the existence of infallible Imams pbut and righteous preferred ones in a society after the MAHDI pbuh that are existing. But the general rulership will be for the infallibles pbut."As for the preferred ones, they will be working in this world during a second degree and so the conflict of the narrations will be lifted. And I want to clear out from what was mentioned in this aspect is that the narrations about the preferred ones is clear in that they will continue to rule on a higher level whereby relinquishing this evidence is a false interpretation like the saying:"From Ahlulbayt there will be a man ruling" or the saying:"And if he reaches death let him hand -meaning the Imamate and successorship to his son the first of the Mahdis" or the saying:"O Allah prayers be upon the guardians of his promise and the Imams after him" and what is near to that in another supplication.
p.641

In addition, according to the Hadiths, these 12 Mahdis (the guided ones) are ordinary Shi'ites whom have been guided to the Imamat of 12 Imams, so invite others to the Imamat of them.

Abu Baseer narrates:
I said to As-Sadiq Ja’far bin Muhammad (a.s.): O son of Allah’s Messenger, I have heard from your father that he said:
“There will twelve Mahdis besides the Qa'im?” Imam (a.s.) said: “He has said twelve Mahdis not twelve Imams. They shall be our Shi'ites who would call the people towards our Wilayat (guardianship and Imamat), and Marefat (i.e., recognition) of our rights.”

Sheikh Nathem AlUqaily:

Abi Baseer said : 'I said to Sadiq Jafar bin Mohammed : 'O son of the prophet Mohammed I heard from your father he said : 'There will be after the qaeim 12 imams. He(Jafar AlSadiq) said, indeed he said: "12 Mahdi's and he didnt say Imams but they are a group from our Shia who call people to our matter and call people to know our rights.' Kamal Aldeen 2/358

And maybe someone who is ignorant of the reality will think that Imam AlSaadeq a.s. here has negated the Imamate of the Mahdis pbut...but the reality is that he reassured that his father Imam AlBaqer pbuh said: (12 Mahdis) and he did not say(12 Imams). And negating that Imam AlBaqer pbuh said: (12 Imams) does not mean that he negated the Imamate of the Mahdis and for the words of the Imams pbut it has purposes and words of wisdom that we are ignorant of...and they are the ones who said that they speak upon 70 faces every face they have for it an exit.

It is possible that Imam AlSaadeq pbuh spoke out of Taqya from those who will spread it out and not conceal it because the matter of the Mahdis pbut, the Imams have concealed it and did not reveal it except with certain occasions or who is secure on their side...and negating the Imamate of the Mahdis is in the complete meaning like with the 12 Imams whereby the rank of the Imamate of the 12 is greater than the rank of the 12 Mahdis, so the Imam AlSaadeq pbuh wanted to be protective of that because time didn't arrive for it and maybe the minds during that time were not qualified to carry it and understand it.

And the text about the Imamate of the Mahdis have been accounted for by the Imams pbut in their reports-as what will come-for even if we consider the narration above, it is allegorical and it can suggest the negation of the Imamate of the Mahdis but it will become lacking from a text about it; meaning that there is no negating the Imamate explicitly and with that being said, the reports that mention the Imamate of the Mahdis pbut will master it and interpret it so there is no choice but to take the reports that mention the Imamate of the Mahdis pbut.

So, if we accept that the Hadiths which say that there will be 12 Mahdis after Al-Qa'im (as) are authentic and true, we should consider that those Mahdis are not the sons of 12th Imam.

No, because the Prophet (pbuhap) has clearly stated in his Will that the First Mahdi a.s. is the son of Imam Muhammad al-Mahdi a.s.

Ya Ali

1.The translatiom of the saying of Sheikh AlTabrasi is fake. He says: وجاءت الرواية الصحيحة بأنّه ليس بعد دولة القائم عليه‌السلام دولة لأحد ، إلاّ ما روي من قيام ولده إن شاء الله تعالى ذلك ، ولم ترد به الرواية على القطع والثبات
There is a Sahih Hadith according to which there will not be any government for any one after the Al-Qa'im (12th Imam) pbuh, but there is a narration about the rising of his son, if Allah Ta'ala wills this, and the narration does not talk about its occurring surely and certainly.

Also, the Hadith which is about the rising of the son of Al-Qa'im is not apparentely Sahih, because Sheykh Al-Tabarsi does not say that it's Sahih.

Sheikh al Tabrasi doesn't rule out the son of the Imam pbut rising but he leaves the matter with Allah swt as he is a fallable human being and he didn't have knowledge on the matter, which is many years after him.

And the Will of the Prophet (pbuhap) is Authentic, where the son and successor pbuh of Imam al-Mahdi pbuh is mentioned.

Also Shia classical scholars don't rule out rise of Imam's son pbut and don't restrict to "12 Imams":

Classical scholar#1:
Sheikh AlMufeed:
Sheikh AlMufeed:Sheikh al-Mufid one of the most eminent early Shi’a scholars said: “And there will be no state for anyone after the state of the Qaaem (Imam Mahdi), although there are some narrations about his son ruling if God willed so, but there is no certain narration about it, instead most of the narrations say that the Mahdi of (the Islamic) Ummah will not pass away till 40 days prior to the Day of Judgment, whence there will be the relief (or great commotion) and the signs of the resurrection of the dead (from their graves) and the hour of judgment and recompense and Allah knows best what will happen.”

Al-Irshad – 2:387

ولیس بعد دولة القائم (عج) لأحد دولة إلّا ما جاءت به الروایة من قیام ولده إن شاء الله ذلک ، ولم یرد به
علی القطع والثبات ، واکثر الروایات انّه لن یمضی مهدی الأمة الّا قبل القیامة بأربعین
یوماً ، یکون فیها الفرج ( الهرج ) و علامات خروج الاموات وقیام السّاعة للحساب والجزاء
كثر الروایات أنه لم یمض مهدی هذه الأمة عج إلا قبل القیامة بأربعین یوماً یكون فیها الهرج والمرج ،
وعلامة "خروج الأموات وقیام الساعة للحساب--- والله أعلم بما یكون

Sheikh AlMufeed proves there is a son for Imam AlMahdi a.s. and says afterwards Allah knows best what will happen.
Sheikh Nathem AlUqaily(follower of Ahmed AlHasan) says about Sheikh AlMufeed’s commentary:
“And it’s not hidden from Sheikh AlMufeed may Allah have mercy on him that in his words he doesn't make it absolute that the Imamate will end during the death of Saheb AlZaman pbuh but its possible that his son will rise with the matter after him as what the narration mentioned. And also he does not affirm this, so there isn't an Aqeeda(ideology)with Sheikh AlMufeed that it restricts the Imams being 12 because there isn't an affirmation and assurance about this. And the matter is repetitive in two matters; the rise of the son of Imam AlMahdi a.s. after him or the rise of the Qyama after the death of Saheb AlZaman a.s. in 40 days.
And then the Messenger s.a.w.w said:"The end of his nation will not end except before the Qyama in 40 days" Suleim Ibn Qais p.478

This doesn't conflict with the rulership of the Mahdyeen(guides)from the offspring of Imam AlMahdi a.s. because the narration say(end of his nation)and it did not say the end of his age or his life. The nation of Imam AlMahdi a.s. is not shortened to only his life pbuh but it continues by his children the Mahdyeen(guides) and it is the rulership of the Messenger of Allah s.a.w.w, for all of them illuminate from one niche, so the meaning is that there will not be a nation for other than the family of Muhammad pbut after the rise of Imam AlMahdi a.s. until the Day of Judgement and its not hidden that the Mahdis are from the family of Muhammad pbut and they are the offspring of the Qaim(riser)pbuh and this is evidence for the following hadeeth:
From the Messenger of Allah s.a.w.w said:"Verily, the Dunya(world)will not remain to anyone before us and will not remain to anyone after us. Our nation is the last nation. The place for every day will become two days and the place for every year is two years. And from us from my children will spread the earth with justice and tranquility like how it was filled with oppression and unjustice."
Kitaab Suleim Ibn Qais p.427

From Abi Jaafar a.s. said:"Our nation is the last nation and Ahlulbayt will not have a nation for themselves unless they[not Ahlulbayt] ruled before us so that those who saw our way[i.e of ruling] won't say:"If we ruled we became like the way of these people[Ahlulbayt] and it is the saying of Allah the exalted and Mighty:{And the End is for the righteous}
Gaibat AlToosi p.472-473
by:Sheikh AlToosi
and Muhamad Rayshari p.501
book:Ahlulbayt fil Kitab and Sunna

الإمام الباقر (عليه السلام): دولتنا آخر الدول، ولم يبق أهل بيت لهم دولة إلا ملكوا قبلنا، لئلا يقولوا إذا رأوا سيرتنا: إذا ملكنا سرنا مثل سيرة هؤلاء! وهو قول الله عز وجل: * (والعاقبة للمتقين)

Classical scholar#2:

Sheikh AlSadooq in Kamal AlDeen Wa Tamam AlNima p.77 said:"The count of the Imams pbut are 12 and the 12th one is who will spread the earth with tranquility and justice and then after him from what he mentions about an Imam after him or the rise of Qyama and we don't see it far-fetched except by accepting 12 Imams with a belief about what was mentioned from the 12th pbuh after him."

فيقال لهم : إن عدد الائمة عليهم السلام اثنا عشر والثاني عشر هو الذي يملأ الارض قسطا وعدلا ، ثم يكون بعده ما يذكره من كون إمام بعده أو قيام القيامة ولسنا مستعبدين في ذلك إلا بالاقرار باثني عشر إماما إعتقاد كون ما يذكره الثاني عشر عليه السلام بعده .

Sheikh Nathem AlUqaily:”And the words of Sheikh AlSadooq(may Allah have mercy on him)is explicit on that he doesn't believe in the restriction of the 12 Imams pbut by the evidence of him saying:"and then after him from what he mentions about an Imam after him or the rise of Qyama" meaning that the matter with Sheikh AlSadooq after Saheb AlZaman pbuh is back and forth between appointing an Imam or the Rise of the Qyama, so he allows the exceeding of the Imamate of the 12 and there is no assurance that its restricted to the Imamate of the 12 pbut. So if there isn't assurance then there is no Aqeeda(ideology)about this restriction especially.”

فيقال لهم : إن عدد الائمة عليهم السلام اثنا عشر والثاني عشر هو الذي يملأ الارض قسطا وعدلا ، ثم يكون بعده ما يذكره من كون إمام بعده أو قيام القيامة ولسنا مستعبدين في ذلك إلا بالاقرار باثني عشر إماما إعتقاد كون ما يذكره الثاني عشر عليه السلام بعده .
Classical scholar#3:
Shareef AlMurtatha in his letters(Rasael)v.3 p.145-146 he said:"We do not assure that the occurrence of the emergence of Saheb AlZaman Muhammad son of AlHasan pbut is the end of the Takleef(the religious obligation) but its allowed that a world remains after him in a long age and its not allowed to empty the age after it from Imams. And its allowed that there will be a number of Imams who will rise with protecting the religion and the rights of its people and it does not harm us of this from what we went with through the ways of the Imamate; because we are obliged by it and we worship from it to know the Imamate of these 12 and we clarify it with a clear clarification, for it is the place of disagreement and need. And these words do not exit us out of being called the twelvers, this is because this name to us is referred to who proves the Imamate of the 12 Imams.And we have proved it so there was no acceptance for this creed, so we alone went with this name disregarding the others."
إنا لا نقطع على مصادفة خروج صاحب الزمان محمد بن الحسن عليهما السلام زوال التكليف، بل يجوز أن يبقى العالم بعده زمانا " كثيرا "، ولا يجوز خلو الزمان بعده من الأئمة.
ويجوز أن يكون بعده عدة أئمة يقومون بحفظ الدين ومصالح أهله، وليس يضرنا ذلك فيما سلكناه من طرق الإمامة، لأن الذي كلفنا إياه وتعبدنا منه أن نعلم إمامة هؤلاء الاثني عشر، ونبينه بيانا " شافيا "، إذ هو
موضع الخلاف والحاجة.
ولا يخرجنا هذا القول عن التسمي بالاثني عشرية، لأن هذا الاسم عندنا يطلق على من يثبت إمامة اثني
عشر إماما ". وقد أثبتنا نحن ولا موافق لنا في هذا المذهب، فانفردنا نحن بهذا الاسم دون غيرنا.
Sheikh Nathem AlUqaily:
“And the words of Shareef AlMurtatha is rich from clarification about him not giving assurance and does not believe that the Imamate ends by the death of Saheb AlZaman pbuh but he leans towards the predominance of the Imams after him as what is clear from his words may Allah have mercy on him.”

Last edited:

Ya Ali

2.The name "Al-Qa'im" is a proper noun that belongs only to the 12th Imam. Imam Al-Husain rows up against Yazid ibn Mu'awiyah (la), but he has not been named "Al-Qa'im". the name Al-Qa'im is only attributed to the 12th Imam (as) in Hadiths. See two of those Hadiths in post #41. So, if we accept the tradition which talks about the rising of son of Al-Qa'im (as) unsurely, the tradition does not mean that "Al-Qa'im" is the name of the son of Al-Qa'im [i.e., 12th Imam (as)] too.

And from Al Baqir and Al Sadiq a.s. who said in mentioning Al Kufa: "It has in it the Masjid of Sahla, Allah has not sent a Prophet except that he prayed in it, in it shall appear the justice of Allah and in it is the Qaim and the Qaims after him" "And in it is the Rank of the Prophets and the Vicegerents and the Preferred Ones"- Wasael Al Shia, part 3, page 524

You wrong. Allama Majlisi wrote in his famous book, Bihar Al-Anwar, V 52, P 13, that the adjective 'Azajj' (ازج) means 'arched and long'. So, the first Hadith says that the eyebrows of Imam Al-Mahdi (as) [i.e., 12th Imam] is arched and long. And 'المشرف الحاجبين' in the second Hadith means arched eyebrows (See, Bihar Al-Anwar, V 51, P 40).

Also, if you see the full text of the second Hadith, it talks about the Al-Qaim which is the name of only 12th Imam.

So, there is not any different descriptions.

You may want to take that meaning from Allama Majlisi but what would you do with the clear difference in the facial complexion?
Imam Al-Mahdi son of Al-Hasan (as) is white in complexion as his mother is Narjis(sa) from the root of Roman emperor descendants from Successor of Isa(as)- Simon.
While First Mahdi from the progeny of 12th Imam(as) has the darker complexion.

12th Imam(as) description:
Prince of the believers pbuh said:"A man will emerge from my sons at the end of time,white colored,has a red dye(on the beard), a round belly,and a wide thighs"Ilam AlWara p.465
I entered into Abi Muhammad Al Hassan son of Ali pbuh while he was sitting in a room, and on his right is a veil covering so I said:O Master who is the companion of the matter?He said:pull away the veil,....so I then saw a child with a bright forehead and a white face."p.437 Door 43 Kamal Al Deen

While here is the description of Ahmed(as): Darker complexion

From Yahya son of AlFathel AlNawfali he said: I entered to Abi AlHasan Musa son of Jaafar pbuh in Baghdad when he finished Aser prayers, so he then raised his hands to the sky and I heard him saying: You are Allah No God but You until he says: And to hasten the appearance of the one who will avenge against your enemies. He said:I said: Who is the one you are supplicating about? He said pbuh: That is the Mahdi from the family of Muhammad pbuhap and then he said pbuh: By my father the one with a wide stomach, whose eyebrows are joined, legs are pointed outwardly, wide shoulders, dark complexion, with his darkness comes yellow from staying up at night. By my father, in his night he guards the stars, prostrating and bowing. By my father, whom not a reproach of a blamer takes over him for the sake of Allah, lantern of the night. By my father, the Riser by the command of Allah. I said: When is his emergence? He said: If you see the armies in the Anbar at the shore of Forat and Sorat and Tigris and the destruction of the roof of Kufa and burning some of the houses of AlKufa, if you see that Allah swt does what He wills, there is no winner over the command of Allah and no one can delay His judgement."

Ajaeb AlAsrar of Imam Ali son of Abi Taleb pbuh-Ranya Sleiman p.215-216

Imam Ali pbuh says:[["And the eyes will look at the victorious, skillful dark man, after when he is accused by the accusations from the doubts, he is labeled with wisdom, he will come with knowledge after the solidarity of the arabs and the urgent demand"]]v.2 p.208 Ilzam AlNaseb fi Ithbaat AlHujja AlGa'eb

Imam Al Kathem(as) said:The one with a wide stomach,curvy eyebrows,legs curved outwards slightly,wide shoulders,dark complexion,with darkness comes from it yellow from staying up after night,he takes care of the stars,prostrates and (bowing in Salat)."Bihar Al Anwar v.83 p.81

Clear contrast white complexion vs dark complexion.

As I previously said, the Hadith of Imam Ar-Ridha (as) says that the 12th Imam (as) does not have any successor.

Imam Ritha pbuh said:"And peace and blessings upon your guardian(Imam Al Mahdi)and those who bear your promise and the Imams from his sons”Bihar

اللهم أعطه فً نفسه وذرٌته وشٌعته ورعٌته وخاصته وعامته وعدوه وجمٌع أهل الدنٌا ما تقر به عٌنه وتسر به نفسه : ( ... ... إلى قوله (ع) : ا وآخرة ٌ آجالهم وبلؽهم أقصى آمالهم دن ً أعمارهم وزد ف ً ف ّ ك وولاة عهده والأبمة من ولده ومد ٌ وصل على ول 186 ...) ؼٌبة الطوسً ص / 301 . جمال الأسبوع ص

100 narrations that prove 13th Successor:

Book by Zolfigar Ansary- Proving the 13th Successor in 100 reports: saviorofmankind.com • View topic - Proving the 13th successor in 100 reports(with arabic text)

mojtaba

Salamun Alaykum!

I came to answer to the post #43 of your, but I saw that you have posted new different posts which are indeed the copy and past of the English book of Ahmad Ad-Dajjal. You do copy and past, but I have to type a bulk of matters. Unfortunately I can not find any English book which is about the fake claim of the Dajjal of time. But, I will send the answers, Allah willing.

Waleikum asalam.
You haven't proved anything. Allegiance given between Rukn and the Maqam to the Mahdi of the nation of Muhammad (pbuhap) from amongst them - the children of Hussain. The First Mahdi pbuh, the son and successor of the 12th Imam pbuh, Ahmed the Mahdi is amongst them, from the progeny of Hussain pbuh.
Why did you add a thing to the Hadith??? Do not change it. The Hadith clearly says that the Mahdi of the nation of Prophet Muhammad (sawaws) is amongst the 12 Imams (as). Why do you add the phrase 'the children of Hussain' to the text of the Hadith???!

The pronoun 'them' clearly refers to the 11 Imams (as) who are after Imam Ali (as). Do not add any thing to the Hadith for proving the fake claim of your imam.

This Hadith which clearly rejects the fake claim of your imam, says that the one who will be given allegiance between the Rukn and Maqam in Mecca and Masjid Al-Haram is between 12 Imams, not 12 Mahdis.
And from Imam Sajad (a.s) he said: "The Riser(Qa'im) will rise from us(meaning the Mahdi)and then after him there shall be 12 Mahdis(meaning Imams from his offspring)"Sharh Alkhbar 3/400 (Explanation News 3 / 400.) by Gathi AlNuman AlMagrebi 363 A.H

[1281] وعن علً بن الحسٌن علٌه السلام، أنه قال : ٌقوم القابم منا (ٌعنً المهدي) ثم ٌكون بعده اثنا عشر مهدٌا (ٌعنً من الأبمة من ذرٌته) (1 ).
The phrases which are between parentheses are not in the text of the Hadith itself. they are additions and commentaries of the author of the book, Gathi Al-Numan Al-Magrebi who was an Isma'ili, to the text of the Hadith for proving his fake belief.

Imam Al Saadeq pbuh said:"From us after the Riser there will be 12 Mahdis from the son of Hussein" Bihar AlAnwar v.53 p.148 1111. A.H
The Hadith:
"From us after/besides Al-Qa'im there will be 12 Mahdis from the progeny of Hussein."

Notes:
A)These 12 Mahdis are not Imam. They are only ordinary Shi'ites that have been guided to the Imamat of 12 Imams and so invite others to the Imamat of them. See these two Hadiths:

1.Abu Baseer narrates:
“There will be 12 Mahdis after/besides the Al-Qa'im (as)?” Imam (a.s.) said: “He has said 12 Mahdis, not 12 Imams. They shall be our Shi'ites who would call the people towards our Wilayat (guardianship and Imamat), and Marefat (i.e., recognition) of our rights.”

2.Hanan Ibn Sadir narrates:
"I asked Imam Al-Baqir (as) about Ibn Hanafiyya [son of Imam Ali], that was he an Imam?
Imam (as) replied: 'No, but he was a Mahdi.'"
(Al-Imamat wa Al-Tabsira by Ibn Babawayh Al-Qomi [father of Sheykh Al-Saduq], P 60)

So, Mahdis are not Imam.

B)The 12 Mahdis who are after/besides Al-Qa'im [12th Imam], are not his sons, because the Hadiths says that they are from the progeny of Imam Al-Husain [3th Imam]. If they were the sons of 12th Imam (as), it would not be said in the Hadith that they are from the progeny of Imam Al-Husain (as) [3th Imam].

It is a misconception to think that it is meant Imam Al-Mahdi may Allah hasten his reappearance, because:

1/ As for your misconception that Al-Qaim is the name of only 12th Imam here is the hadith that shows even the Mahdis from the progeny of 12th Imam(as) can be called Qaim(as)

And from Al Baqir and Al Sadiq a.s. who said in mentioning Al Kufa: "It has in it the Masjid of Sahla, Allah has not sent a Prophet except that he prayed in it, in it shall appear the justice of Allah and in it is the Al-Qaim and the Qaims after him" "And in it is the Rank of the Prophets and the Vicegerents and the Preferred Ones"- Wasael Al Shia, part 3, page 524

The Hadith is as the following:
"In it [i.e., Al-Kufa city] shall appear the Justice of Allah and in it will be the Qa’im [i.e., establisher] of it [i.e., the Justice of Allah] and the Qowwam [القُوّام, the deputies] who are after/besides him [i.e., the establisher]."

Note that one of the meanings of the Qowwam is deputies. See here which is an Arabic authentic dictionary website:
.قُوّام : جمع قائم مقام
Qowwam: The plural of deputy.

This Hadith is apparently about Imam Al-Qa'im [12th Imam] and his 313 companions who are the head of his other followers and will help him for establishing the Justice of Allah. According to the ff Hadith, the 313 companions of Imam Al-Mahdi will be in Al-Kufa city and after that they will go towards the other parts of the world for ruling as the deputies of Imam (as).

Mufadhal bin Umar narrates: Imam Al-Sadiq (a.s.) said to me: “As if I can see Al-Qaim (a.s.) on the pulpit of [mosque of ] Al-Kufa surrounded by his 313 companions equal to the people of Badr. They are the standard bearers and they are the divine rulers on His (Allah’s) earth over His creatures.
(Kamaluddin by Al-Saduq, P 672-3)

So, that Hadith which you mentioned proves nothing.
2/ From Fathel Ibn Shathan from Ismael son of Ayash from Al Amash from Abi Wa'el from Huthayfa, he said: "I heard the Messenger of Allah s.a.w.w. and him mentioning the Mahdi so he said: "He will be given allegiance between the Rukn and Maqam, his name is Ahmed, Abdullah and Mahdi. These are his three names." - Gaibat al Toosi page 454.

3/ In Prophet's Will we are told that Ahmed is the son and successor of Imam al-Mahdi, and the first of the believers.

"...Then if death approaches him, let him hand it over to his son, Muhammad the Entrusted of the Holy Family of Muhammad peace be upon them. So these are the twelve Imams. Then after him, there will be twelve Mahdis. So if death approaches him, let him hand it over to his son, the first of the close ones, he has three names, one like mine and my father’s: Abdullah (servant of Allah), Ahmad and the third name is The Mahdi (rightly guided). He is the first of the believers.” - Sheikh Al-Toosi, Al-Ghayba p. 150
1.The second part of the Hadith of the will which is about 12 Mahdis, and also some portions of the first part of the Hadith, has been certainly made by one of the narrators, especially Ali ibn Sanan who was a Sunni scholar. Because, the first part of the Hadith whose general content agrees with other authentic Hadiths and is acceptable [i.e., the part which is about 12 Imams] says that the name "Mahdi" is only for Imam Ali (as) and it should not be attributed to any one but him. While, the second part of the Hadith whose content does not agree with other authentic Hadiths, says that one of the names of the 1th Mahdi who is the son of 12th Imam, is again Mahdi!!! So, this Hadith is a mixture of right and wrong.

2.As I mentioned, according to the Hadith of Imam Ali narrated by Sulaym Al-Hilali, the one given allegiance between the Rukn and Maqam is between 12 Imams, not 12 Mahdis. Also, according to other Hadiths, he is the 12th Imam.
Here are two other Hadiths which again prove that the one given allegiance between the Rukn and Maqam is 12th Imam (as). See both of them with each other:

1.Al-Husain ibn Khalid narrates:
It was asked from Imam Al-Ridha (as): O son of Allah’s Messenger, from which of you ,Ahlul Bayt, is the Al-Qa'im? Imam Al-Ridha [i.e., 8th Imam] (as) replied: He is my fourth descendant [i.e., 12th Imam], the son of the best of the maidservants....And he is the one by whose name a caller [i.e., Gabriel (as)] would call out from the sky inviting people to him, all the people of the earth would be able to hear it. The caller would say: Know that the Proof of Allah has appeared near the House of Allah, so follow him as truth is with him.
(Kamaluddin by Al-Saduq, P 372)

2.Obayd bin Zurara narrates:
Imam Al-Sadiq (as) said: “The name of al-Qa'im will be called out [from the Heaven]. It will be said to him while he is behind the Maqam: “Your name has been called out. What are you waiting for?” Then his hand will be taken to be paid homage.
(Bihar Al-Anwar by Allama Majlisi, V 52, P 321-2)

Last edited:

mojtaba

4/ Imam al-Sadiq pbuh and Imam Sajad pbuh narrations supporting the Will and that there is a Mahdi named Ahmed after Imam al-Mahdi pbuh.

Saying that Ahmed,Abdullah,Mahdi is Mohammed ibn Al-Hassan al-Askari pbuh is denial of the truth.
1.The Hadith of Imam Al-Sadiq says that 12 Mahdis are from the progeny of 3th Imam, while the fake hadith of will which is in Al-Qaybat Al-Tusi says that 12 Mahdis are from the progeny of 12th Imam.

2.The Hadith of Imam Al-Sadiq says that 12 Mahdis are not Imam and they are only ordinary Shi'ites, while the fake hadith of will says that 12 Mahdis are Imam.

The Hadith of Imam Al-Sadiq (as) supports nothing but the falseness of the second part of the Hadith of will.

This is an allegorical hadeeth. The name of the Riser that is apparent is Muhammad - Muhammad ibn Al-Hassan al-Askari pbuh, as 400 million Shias know and await him. The name of the Riser that is hidden is Ahmed, his son the First Mahdi, as his matter is hidden to the Shias.

Imam Al Baaqer a.s"From the riser are two names,one is hidden and the other is revealed. As for the one that is hidden it is Ahmad and the one that is revealed it is Muhammad" Kamal Al Deen p.653 v.2 door 57

The hidden name is Ahmad and the revealed is Muhammad a.j
How do you can say that the Hadith is allegorical?!!! It is clear except that you want to twist it to prove your fake imam.
Hadith clearly talks about only one individual, not two person as you imagine.

Imam Al-Baqir (as) narrated through his forefathers that:
Imam Ali (a.s.) said from the pulpit:
A man [not two men] shall rise who is from my progeny in the last time. His complexion would be fair with a reddish hue and he would have a broad stomach, his thighs would be big. And his sides would be broad. He would have two moles, one skin colored and the other like the seal of prophethood of the Holy Prophet (sawaws). He [that one man] would have two names, one is confidential and the other, popular. His secret name is Ahmad and his popular name is Muhammad.

Mujam Ahadeeth Al Imam Al Mahdi a.s Sheikh Ali AlKorani AlAmili v.3 p.45Omar asked Prince of the believers pbuh about Mahdi he said:"O son of Abi Taleb, tell me about the Mahdi what is his name?"He said:"As for his name NO!My beloved and my best friend made me make a promise not to speak about his name,until when Allah the Exalted will make him appear,and he is the one that Allah the Exalted placed for the Prophet within his knowledge."

And look at Imam Ali a.s. here naming Imam Al Mahdi a.s.

Ahmad son of Ayash AlJawheri p.31 Bihar v.13 p.28 Prince of the believers pbuh said:"That is the missed one,abandoned and fugitive: Muhammad son of Hassan son of Ali son of Muhammad son of Ali son of Musa son of Ja'afer son of Muhammad son of Ali son of Hussein pbu them,and so he placed his hand on Hussein pbu him.
Apparently in the first Hadith, Umar asked Imam Ali about the secret name of Imam Al-Mahdi (as), so that Imam did not say his name to Umar. But, the second Hadith is the insecure name of him. So, these two Hadiths prove nothing.

Ahmed the hidden Riser whose descent is unknown:

Imam Ali a.s on the pulpit of Kufa said "There has to be a mill that crushes and when its axle begins to start it, Allah will send a harsh servant (slave of His) whose descent is unknown, victory will be with him,his companions will have long hair(symbolic for ideas) people of Sibal, clothes are black, people with black banners, Woe unto whoever fights them, they will be killed relentlessly, by Allah as if I am looking at them and their works and what the evil doers will see from them and the ill-mannered Arabs,Allah will make them revolt against them without any mercy, they will kill them in their own city on the shore of Euphrates the sea region and desert region." Gaibat AlNumani p.265
The correct translation of the Hadith of Imam Ali (as):
“There must be a grinding quern [i.e., sever situations]. When it [i.e., the quern] begins to turn around its axis [i.e., the beginning of the sever situations], Allah will send upon it a harsh and evil [عفيف] servant whose lineage is dull. Victory will be with him. His companions will be longhair and with long whiskers. Their cloths will be black and their banners will be black too. Woe and affliction will be unto whoever battle them, they will kill them excitedly. By Allah, as if I see them, their actions and what distresses the dissolute and the rude nomads will get from them! Allah will make them defeat those rude people with no mercy. They will kill them in their city at the shore of the Euphrates as a reward to what they have committee, and Allah is not in the least unjust to the servants!

1.The banner of your fake Imam is white (see الإمام أحمد الحسن Ahmed Alhasan, at the top right corner), while this Hadith says that the banner of that group is black! So you can not say that this Hadith is about Ahmad Al-Hasan.

2.Anyway, this Hadith is about a violent and evil group that severely kill some rude and dissolute people. This Hadith does not give us any positive view for that group. Instead, it is a prediction about a ferocious and evil group that kill other people. Because, the Hadith says that the head of that group is «عفيف» which has a negative meaning. See here (عفيف: bad, wild, ferocious, evil, harsh, violent). The term servant does not mean that the head of the group is a good man, because if you see the end of the Hadith, the term 'servant' is attributed to the rude and dissolute nomads, too!

So, this Hadith proves nothing.
Imam Al Saadeq pbuh says "And when the verses are being recited he said: It is but myths from the ancient ones"Mutafifeen-13.Imam says:"This mean lying against the Riser(Qa'em) pbuh that he says to him"We do not know you and you are not from the children of Fatima peace be upon her, like how the polytheists said to Muhammad(saw) Mujam Ahadeeth Imam Al mahdi pbuh v.5 p.385 Mustadrak Safeenat Al Bihar p.1

Shias will not say this to Imam Al-Mahdi pbuh, because they know who he is, rather they say it to the First Mahdi Ahmed, the hidden Qa'em whose descent is unknown.
1.This Hadith is only about 12th Imam.
2.On contrary what you say, this Hadith does not talk about an unknown lineage (Hadith: you are not from the children of Fatima peace be upon her). The lineage which is being from the progeny of Lady Fatima (as) is known.
3.Who has said you that this Hadith is about Shi’ites?!

So, this Hadith proves nothing.
The announced name is Muhammad, which is Muhammad ibn Al-Hasan al-Askari pbuh which the Shias know and follow for over thousand years. The hidden name is Ahmed and it was hidden for thousand of years and the matter was not known to the Shias, until Imam Ahmed al-Hasan a.s. was born in end times and his mission started. And today majority of 400 million Shias know who Muhammad al-Mahdi pbuh is but don't know who Ahmed al-Hasan pbuh is.

That's why it is unknown between the Shias, it is a test upon the Shias to accept the Messenger sent to them.
You talk without any proof. According to that Hadith, both Ahmad and Muhammad are the names of only one individual, i.e., 12th Imam.

Last edited:

mojtaba

(With the Righteous Servant, part 1):

Ahmed al-Hasan has said: ("Wafah" does not always mean death. Rather, it is an indication to death since death is "istifaa' (taking)" [*] by Allah (swt) {When Allah said, "O Jesus, indeed I will take you } [Surat Al-'Imran 3:55] Is Jesus dead?! So raising is named "Wafah" (departure) just as death is named "Wafah" (departure) considering that both of them are "taking"...)
[*] Translator's note: In Arabic, the word "Wafah" is derived from the word "istifaa'" which means "taking". So "Wafah" does not always mean death in Arabic, it also means "taking". And this other meaning of "Wafah" (which is "taking" and not "death") is present in some Qu'ranic verses and narrations, and some of those verses and hadiths were mentioned and more shall be mentioned in the following part.

Two Imams at same time: (From "With the Righteous Servant, part 1)

1. Imam Ahmed al-Hasan has said: (...Lot was a pronouncing Hujjah during the presence of Abraham [while Abraham was] alive and apparent on this Earth and not [even] raised. [Lot was the Hujjah while Abraham was still alive] only because Abraham was not present in the village where Lot was...)

2. So I said: So, what I understand is that the Hadiths which say: "There will be no two Hujjahs except one of them would be pronouncing" [14] mean if they are present in the same place?

So he (Ahmed al-Hasan a.s) said:
(Yes, definitely. Would a sane person say otherwise? Was Ali (a.s) a pronouncing Hujjah upon the people of Medina when the Messenger of Allah (sawas) was absent when he went to Tabuk, or not? Was he a proof upon the people of Medina or not? Was it obligatory that they follow him in every saying and action or not? Therefore, being a Proof [upon them] is confirmed for him while the Messenger of Allah was present. Something remains: Ali (a.s) is not the Hujjah (the Proof) of Allah, rather, he is the Hujjah (the proof) of Muhammad (sawas). And he is not pronouncing on the behalf of Allah, rather, he is pronouncing on the behalf of Muhammad, whether during the life of Muhammad or after his martyrdom. We say about him that he is the Hujjah (proof) of Allah; because according to the origin he is the Hujjah of Allah, because he is the Hujjah of Muhammad, and Muhammad is the Caliph (Successor) of Allah ) [15]
[14] This was mentioned in narrations. One of them is: Al-Hussein ibn Abi Alaa' said: ( I said to Abu Abdullah (a.s.) "Would the earth exist without an Imam?" So he (a.s): "No". So I said: "Two Imams?" So he (a.s) said: "No, except that one of them is silent")- Al-Kafi Volume 1 Page 178 Hadith 1
[15] Sheikh Nathim Al-Uqeily said: (And from that we know that Sayyed Ahmed Al-Hassan (a.s) currently is the Hujjah of Imam Mahdi (a.s) upon the people, and not the Hujjah of Allah. Yes, he is the Hujjah of Allah, because he is the Hujjah of Imam Mahdi, and Imam Mahdi (a.s) is the Hujjah of Allah)

3. Then the Righteous Servant (a.s) adds a third witness for this truth, so he ( Ahmed al-Hasan a.s) said:
({And David and Solomon, when they gave judgment concerning the field, when people's sheep had strayed and browsed therein by night; and We were witnesses to their judgment * And We made Solomon understand (the case); and unto each of them We gave judgment and knowledge. And we subdued the hills and the birds to hymn (His) praise along with David. We were the doers (thereof).} [Surat Al-Anbiyaa' 21:78-79]This is Solomon during the lifetime of his father David, he judged in a case, and Solomon judged in the same case, and Allah ran the judgment of Solomon, even though David was the Proof upon Solomon. Thus, Solomon was pronouncing, and the one Who made him understand is Allah. And this is a very clear matter in proving what is demanded)

4. Imam Ahmed al-Hasan has said: (They ask you: How could the Vicegerent come before the Hujjah? This is Aaron, he was sent to Egypt before Moses, and by a clear Qu'ranic text: {And when your Lord called Moses, [saying]: Go to the wrongdoing people * The people of Pharaoh. Will they not fear Allah? * He said, "My Lord, indeed I fear that they will belie me * And that my chest will tighten and my tongue will not be fluent, so send to Aaron} [Surat Al-Shu'araa 26:10-13] These verses clarify that Moses requested from Allah to send to Aron, meaning, to inform Aron just like He (swt) informed him. And the call started by Aron, and he prepared the people to receive Moses {[Allah] said, "No. Go both of you with Our signs; indeed, We are with you, listening.} [Surat Al-Shu'araa' 26:15] . This verse clarify that Allah answered the request of Moses (a.s), not only that, rather, Aron was the one who remained undertaking the confrontation/encounter {So the magicians fell down in prostration. They said, "We have believed in the Lord of Aaron and Moses."} [Surat Taha 20:70]. Aron came [in the previous verse] before Moses; because he was the one who faced them, and Aron the Vicegerent of Moses was sent in the Land of the Message and it is Egypt, before Moses, rather he remained pronouncing and confronting, while Moses was present; because Moses asked for that. But Moses was the Proof upon him so Aron would not pronounce except by the command of Moses { And that my chest will tighten and my tongue will not be fluent, so send to Aaron}

Moses, what is he requesting? Who was the speaker? He requested that the speaker be Aaron, and Allah answered him, to the point where the magicians said they believed in Aron before Moses, have you paid attention to that {So the magicians fell down in prostration. They said, "We have believed in the Lord of Aaron and Moses."}?

Now, did that end? Meaning, that the Vicegerent could be sent before the Hujjah whom is a Proof upon him with that matter (Moses and Aaron)? And before that I have given you three examples: Lot and Abraham, Muhammad and Ali, Solomon and David, peace be upon all of them, and this is the forth example, and those four are enough...)
You are trying to prove that the number of Imams is more than 12, while according to the Qur'an and authentic Hadiths in both Shia and Sunni books, there are only 12 Imams until the end of this world.

A)Quran:
The term 'امام=Imam' (both singular=امام and plural=أئمة forms) is used in Qur'an only 12 times, which implies that the number of Imams is only 12.
1.Sura Al-Baqarah 124/ 2.Hud 17/ 3.Al-Hijr 79/ 4.Al-Isra 71/ 5.Al-Forqan 74/ 6.Ya Sin 12/ 7.Al-Ahqaf 12/ 8.At-Tuba 12/ 9.Al-Anbiya 73/ 10.Al-Qasas 5/ 11.Al-Qasas 41/ 12.As-Sajdah 24

B)Some Hadiths from Shia authentic sources which prove that the number of Imams is only 12:

1.The Messenger of Allah (sawaws) said:
“The Imams after me will be twelve. The first of them is Ali Ibn Abi Talib and the last of them is the Al-Qaim. They are my successors, my trustees, my superiors [upon Muslims] and the proofs of Allah upon my nation after me."
(Kamaluddin by Saduq, P 259)

2.The Messenger of Allah (sawaws) said:
"There will be twelve successors after me."
(Al-Ghaybat Al-Tusi, P 130-1)

3.Imam Ali (as) said to a person who asked him about the number of the Imams of the Islamic nation:
"They are twelve Imams."
(Kamaluddin by Al-Saduq, P 298)

4.Imam Hasan Al-Askari (as) said to his son, i.e., 12th Imam (as), before his death:
"O my son, I give you glad tidings that you are the Master of the Time and the Proof of Allah on the earth. You are my son and successor. You are born from me and you are Muhammad the son of Hasan son of Ali son of Muhammad son of Ali son of Musa son of Ja'far son of Muhammad son of Ali son of Husain son of Ali Ibn Abi Talib (peace be upon them) and you are from the progeny of the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him and his pure progeny) and the last of the purified Imams (as). And the Messenger of Allah (sawaws) gave glad tidings about you and informed about your name and patronymic. This was told me by my father from his purified forefathers - blessings of Allah be on Ahl Al-Bayt. Indeed our Lord alone is worthy of praise and glorification.”
(Al-Ghaybat Al-Tusi, P 273)

5.Imam Al-Mahdi [i.e., 12th Imam] said:
"I am the last of the successors."
(Ithbat Al-Wasiyyat by Ali ibn Al-Husain, P 261/ Al-Qaybat At-Tusi, P 246)

C)Some Hadiths from Sunni authentic sources:

6.The Messenger of Allah (sawaws) said:
"The religion will continue until the Hour has been established, or twelve successors have been upon you, all of them being from the Quraish."
(Sahih Muslim, V 3, P 1453)

7.The Messenger of Allah (sawaws) said:
"There will be twelve leaders after me, All of them are from Quraish." Abu 'Isa said, 'This Hadith is Hasan and Sahih."
(Al-Jami' Al-Sahih Sunan At-Tirmidhi, V 4, P 501/ Sahih Al-Bukhari, V 6, P 2640)

8.The Messenger of Allah (sawaws) said:
"“The people’s affair shall progress as long as they’re led by twelve men. All of them will be from the Quraish."
(Sahih Muslim, V 3, P 1452)

9.Narrated Masrooq:

We were sitting with ‘Abd Allaah bin Mas’ood and he was reciting the Qur’aan to us. Then a man said to him: “O Aboo ‘Abd al-RaHmaan! Did you [i.e., companioms of Prophet] ask Allah’s Apostle, peace be upon him, the number of successors that will rule this Ummah?” ‘Abd Allaah bin Mas’ood replied: “None before you has ever asked me concerning this since I arrived Iraq. Verily, we asked Allah’s Apostle, peace be upon him, and he said: ‘Twelve, like the chieftains of children of Israel.”
(Musnad Ahmad, V 1, P 398)

Ibn Hajar Al-Asqalani (Fath Al-Bari Sharh Sahih Al-Bukhari, V 13, P 212), Ibn Hajar Al-Haythami (Al-Sawa'iq Al-Muhriqah, V 1, P 54), As-Soyooti (Tarikh Al-Kholafa, V 1, P 10), etc. have graded this Hadith as Hasan (حسن).

D)Some of the Shia eminent scholars saying regarding the number of Imams:

1.Sheykh Al-Saduq says:
"We beieve that the Proofs of Allah upon His creatures after His Prophet, Muhammad (peace be upon him and his progeny) are twelve Imams. The first of them is the leader of the faithful, Ali ibn Abi Talib, then Al-Hasan, then Al-Husayn, then Ali ibn Al-Husayn, then Muhammad ibn Ali, then Ja'far ibn Muhammad, then Musa ibn Ja'far, then Ali ibn Musa, then Muhammad ibn Ali, then Ali ibn Muhammad, then Hasan ibn Ali, then Muhammad ibn Hasan, Al-Hujjat, Al-Qaim, the master of time, the viceroy of Allah on the earth. Peace be upon all of them."
(Al-'Itiqadat Al-Imamiyyah by Al-Saduq, P 93)

2.Sheykh Al-Tusi says:
"Certainly the Imamat is restricted in twelve Imams, and they will never be more or less than this."
(Al-Qaybat Al-Tusi, P 157)

3.Sheykh Al-Mofid says:
"Imamiyah agrees that the Imams after the Messenger (peace be upon him and his progeny) are twelve Imams."
(Awa'il Al-Maqalat by Al-Mofid, P 41)

And so on.

So, the saying that the number of the Imams is more than 12 is completely incorrect.

Last edited:

InvestigateTruth

Hello, i saw you guys are debating, by quoting Hadithes. I have a question for you. For every Hadith of Imams, Should you not bring an evidence either from Hadith of Prophet or from Quran, to first prove that the Hadith you are quoting is authentic. And, for every Hadith of Prophet, should you not, show, an evidence that it is compatible with Quran? I think this is what Imams and Muhammad (s.a) had said:

These are recorded in the book al-Kafi:

Imam Sadiq said: "If they narrated to you a Hadith and you find a witness for it in the Book of God or in Hadith of the holy Prophet (it is acceptable), otherwise, it is better for the one who brought it to you. (Meaning you'd better attribute it to the narrator and do not accept that the hadith is from us)."

"Abu ‘Abdallah (a.s.) has said, ‘Everything must be referred to the holy Quran and the Sunnah, the noble traditions of the holy Prophet (s.a.) and any Hadith that does not agree with the holy Quran it is a useless statement.’"

abu ‘Abdallah (a.s.) has said the following:
"The holy Prophet once addressed the people in Mina (a place in Makkah) saying, "O people, whatever comes to you in the form of my Hadith you must see if it agrees with the holy book of Allah then know that I have said it but whatever comes to you that does not agree with the book of Allah then know that I have not said it."

"The holy Prophet (s.a.) said: "Over every truth there is a reality and above every valid issue there is light. Whatever agrees with the holy Quran you must follow it and whatever does not agree disregard it."

Which way guarantees that a Hadith is certainly authentic? By comparing it with Quran, or assessing it by examining the chains of narrators?

mojtaba

The statement in the prayer of Imam Reza -the right-of Imam Mahdi in the era of emergence "O Allah Give him and his family and his son and his descendants and the nation, and all his subjects what pleases him... until he says: O Allah, bless the rulers of his era and Imams after him and reach to their hopes and make their live's longer and dear their victory." Mosbah Al-Motahajid for the Tusi page 409.

وما جاء فً دعاء الإمام الرضا (ع) ـ الصحٌح ـ للإمام المهدي فً عصر الؽٌبة ) ... ) ته ٌ ع رع ٌ ته وأمته وجم ٌ ه وذر ِدَ لـ َوَ نفسه وأهله و ً اللهم أعطه ف ما تقر به عٌنه وتسر به نفسه وتجمع له ملك المملكات كلها ...إلى ان ٌقول :اللهم صل على ولاة عهده والأبمة من بعده وبلؽهم آمالهم وزد فً آجالهم وأعز نصرهم ...) 409 ، مصباح المتهجد للطوسً ص309 جمال الأسبوع لأبن طاووس ص 618
The correct translation of the tradition from Imam Al-Ridha (as):
"O Allah give him [i.e., 12th Imam] and his family and his children and his descendant and his nation and all his subjects, what pleases him... until he says: O Allah, bless the rulers of his era and Imams after him and reach to their hopes and make their live's longer and dear their victory.

1.Accotding to that Hadith of Imam Al-Ridha (as) which I narrated, 12th Imam (as) does not have any successor. Also, as I narrated many Hadiths in the post #54, there would be only 12 Imams, and Imam Al-Mahdi (as) is the last of them and the last of the Successors (as).

2.Yes, Imam Al-Mahdi (as) will have children and descendant, but this tradition does not say that they are his successors.

3. This part of the tradition: 'The Imams after him' never means that there will be new Imams after Imam Al-Mahdi (as). The Imams after Imam Al-Mahdi (as) are indeed his fathers [i.e., the 11 Imams (as)] who will returne to this world in the time of Raj'ah.

So, this tradition never means that there will be new Imams after Imam Al-Mahdi (as).

1. You wrong. This tradition is not from Imam Al-Ridha (as). It is from Imam Al-Mahdi (as) and it is a supplication for Prophet (sawaws) and his 12 Successors (as) that was being recited in th times of Imams and has been reached to us through the narrator of the Hadith from Imam Al-Mahdi (as). So, the part of the tradition which you have mentioned is for the Imam of every time, and the Shi'ites of the time of for example Imam Ali (as) or Imam Al-Ridha (as) recited it. Therefore, when the Shi'ites of the time of those Imams used to recite that supplication, they were sending the blessing of Allah to the Imam of their time and his Successors from his descendant. So, that part which you have mentioned can not prove any thing and it is now useless for the last Imam, i.e., 12th Imam who does not have any successor who would be the Imam after him. This issue is like the abrogated verses of Quran. We recite them when we read Quran, while we know that they have been abrogated.

2.Contrary to what Ahmad Ad-Dajjal and you think, this tradition proves that the number of the Successors of Prophet Muhammad (sawaws) is only 12.
The narrator of the tradition says that in his trip toward Mecca for doing Hajj rituals in the time of minor occultation of Imam Al-Mahdi (as), he saw an old woman that was the aunt of Imam Al-Mahdi (as). The Imam (as) had some limited and secure meetings with her. The narrator narrates:

She said to me (as): "He [i.e., Imam Al-Mahdi] is asking how you send blessings on your Prophet [and his Successors]?"I replied: "I do it as follows: O Allah, bless Muhammad and the progeny of Muhammad ... ." She said: "No, but when you send blessings to them[i.e., Prophet and his Successors], you should mention each name separately." I said: "All right."
The next day when she came down, she had a small chit with her. She said: "He [Imam of time] says: 'When you send blessings on your Prophet and his Successors, you should do so according to this formula:

“O Allah, bless Muhammad who is the chief of the messengers and the proof of the Lord of world ... And bless Amir Al-Momineen, (1)Ali ibn Abi Talib (a.s.) ... And bless (2)Hasan ibn Ali ... And bless (3)Husain ibn Ali ... And bless (4)Ali ibn Al-Husain ... And bless (5)Muhammad ibn Ali ... And bless (6)Ja’far ibn Muhammad ... And bless (7)Musa ibn Ja’far ... And bless (8)Ali ibn Musa ... And bless (9)Muhammad ibn Ali ... And bless (10)Ali ibn Muhammad ... And bless (11)Hasan ibn Ali ... And bless (12)Khalaf As-Salih [righteous successor], the guide and the guided, Imam of the believers, successor of the messengers and proof of the Lord of the worlds ... ."

As you can see, according to this tradition, the number of the Successors of Prophet (sawaws) is only 12 and also their names are mentioned. So, as other Hadiths say, this tradition prove that the Imams after Prophet (sawaws) are only twelve ones.

Ali ibn Sanan al-Adl is a Shia and it was proven so:

1. The will of the Prophet s.a.w says that AlBuzoofri reports from Ali son of Sinaan AlMoosali.

Who was Al Buzoorfi?

AlBuzoofri is among the deputies of Imam Al Mahdi a.s. according to Sheikh Alaama AlMajlesy and Sayed AlShaheed AlSader, as he lived during the time of Gaibat AlSugra and the reports tell us that he used to copy hadeeths or report hadeeths from people like Humaid Ibn Zyad around 310 A.H and also 306 A.H from Ahmed son of Idrees AlQummi who is the Sheikh of his own father. AlBuzoofri also reports from the third ambassadar Hussain Ibn Rooh r.a(who died on 320 A.H) and also report to specific individuals some unseen knowledge as one of the cases occured in the year of 317 A.H where a man called Abu Muhammad AlHasan son of Ali son of Ismael son of Jaafar son of Muhammad son of Ubdaydallah son of Muhammad son of Omar son of Ali Ibn Abi Taleb a.s. AlJarajani reports a case where a man is rejecting his son because he didn't believe it was his so a man went to AlBuzoofri and while he was present, AlBuzoofri said to him:"The son is his, he performed it with her on a day of so and so and in a place of so and so" Shaheed AlSader says that this is evidence that he obtained information from Imam Al Mahdi a.s. and Sheikh AlMajlesy says that AlBuzoofri was among the deputies but it was not transmitted to us.(Gaibat AlSugra p.523).

So AlBuzoofri was a trustworthy and honorable man and reports even tell us that he lived during the times of 352 A.H(as what Sheikh Aba AlAbbas AlSayrafi reports) and also 365 A.H(as what Sheikh Talakabra reports). So this deputy lived after the small occultation and after the death of the fourth ambassador AlSimmiri(who died in 329 A.H).

So Al Buzoorfi who Sheikh Al Majlesy says that was among the deputies of Imam al-Mahdi pbuh will not report from a Sunni, he reports from Ali ibn Sinan al-Adl because he was a Shia.
1.That story can not prove that Al-Buzoofri was the direct deputy of Imam Al-Mahdi in an especial manner. Maybe he connected with Imam through the direct deputies of him (as) in minor occultation, and this possibility is mentioned by Allam Majlisi and Allama Sadr (See the sources that you have mentioned).

2.Either he was the deputy of Imam or not, or either he was direct or indirect deputy, the deputies did not have an open and unrestricted connection with Imam Al-Mahdi (as). They had a restricted connection with him and they were in a sever Taqiyya from the oppressive Khaliphs of their times. So, the idea that every tradition which is narrated through them is 100% Sahih and authentic, because they had connections with Imam of time, is not correct. For example, according to an authentic narration in the book Al-Qaybat Al-Tusi, Al-Husayn ibn Ruh Al-Nawbakhti who was the third especial deputy of Imam Al-Mahdi, instead of asking the Imam (as), sent the book "Al-Ta'dib" to Qom and wrote to a group of jurists about it and asked them to examine the book and see whether there is anything they disagree with in that book (See: Al-Qaybat Al-Tusi, P 390).

So, the saying that the deputies was infallible or they did not report from Sunni scholars is completely wrong and reasonless.

Last edited:

mojtaba

2. The narrations always tell us that he reports from his father and he was called AlAdel according to the Prophet's will and AlAdel means: Hur AlAmali said:The second martyr said:Enunciations of Tadeel(correctifying): was 'Adel', Thiqa(trustowrthy),Hujja, Saheeh in hadeeth. Wasael AlShia v.30 p.288
You wrong. Ali ibn Sanan Al-Mooseli Al-Adl was called Al-Adl (العدل), not Al-Adel (العادل). What you have mentioned from Shaykh Al-Hor Al-Amili (ra) is for the term Al-Adel, not Al-Adl. You should know that Shaykh Al-Hur Al-Amili (ra) himself has said that the tradition of will has a Sunni route of the narrators (See, Al-'Ighaz Min Al-Haj'ah by Al-Hur Al-Amili, P 395).
Some Sunni scholars were called by other Sunni scholars as Al-Adl. Ayatollah Khu'i (ra) says in his famous Rijal book that the term Al-Adl in the name 'Ali ibn Sanan Al-Museli Al-Adl' implies that he was Sunni (See, Mo'jam Rijal Al-Hadith, V 13, P 49,50). In addition to these two eminent scholars, Sayyed Abdullah Shobbar (ra) has also mentioned that there are Sunni narrators in the route of the narrators of the tradition of will (See, Masabih Al-Anwar, V 1, P 488).

I think that Ali ibn Sanan Al-Adl who was a Sunni scholar mixed the correct and true Hadith of 12 Imams which is certainly from Prophet (sawaws) with a saying of Ka'b Al-Ahbar which is in Sunni books and talks about 12 men after 12 Successors who are like the Successors (See, Tafseer Ibn Abi Hatam, V 8, P 2628). Ka'b Al-Ahbar was a jewish scholar who fakely converted to the Islam in the era of Khilapha of Umar. According to Shia and Sunni books, in the time that Sahaba (ra) were prohibited to narrate the Hadiths of Prophet (sawaws) by the Khaliph, Ka'b Al-Ahbar had a pulpit in the Salat of Jum'ah! He and Wahb ibn Munabbih entered many Isra'iliyat to Islam as much as they chould. There are many fake Hadiths about the stories of the Prophets (pbut) and the end of the Islamic nation from Ka'b Al-Ahbar himself. It is mentioned in a Sunni source that Imam Ali (as) said, "Ka'b Al-Ahbar is ceratinly liar". It is also said that Ka'b was deviated from Imam Ali (as) (Sunni source: Sharh ibn Abil Hadid, V 4, P 77). Imam Al-Baqir (as) said that Ka'b was liar (See: Al-Kafi, V 4, P 239).

3. And he Ali son of Sinaan AlMoosali also was mentioned in a hadeeth which was considered to be Saheeh(authentic)by a great scholar in Qom called Sheikh Muhammad Baqer AlKajori, so Ali son of Sinaan was a Shia reliable narrator in the book of Khasa'es Al-Fatimya. v.3 p.498.
The source of the Hadith which is in Khasa'es Al-Fatimya book, is the book Mi'at Manqaba. The author of the book "Mi'at Manqaba" wrote in the introduction of his book that he has narrated the Hadiths which are about the virtues of Ahlul Bayt (as) from the Sunni books. So, this is another evidence for the issuse that Ali ibn Sanan Al-Mooseli Al-Adl was a Sunni scholar.

4. And what supports that Ali son of Sinaan AlMoosali is reliable was that AlBuzoofri the deputy himself reports from him.
As I proved previousely, this issue does not make any sense.

5. Now Ali son of Sinaan AlMoosaly reports from who? He reports from Ali son of AlHussain son of Baabuya AlQummi(the father of Sheikh AlSadooq). The father of Sheikh AlSadooq(the author of Kamal AlDeen,Uyoon Akhbar AlRitha, Man La Yahdiraho AlFaqeeh and AlKhisal etc) lived during the time of Imam Hasan AlAskari a.s. and was praised by Imam Al Mahdi pbuh during the time of the third ambassador Sheikh Hussain son of Rooh when Imam AlZaman pbuh said to him in a letter:"We prayed for you and you will have two benevolent male sons"[Rijal AlNajashi p.261-262] and so one of them was Sheikh AlSadooq and even Sheikh AlSadooq was proud of that saying that I was born from the dua of the Imam a.s. as what Sheikh AlNajashi mentioned. So Ali son of Hussain was reliable and Thiqa no question about it.
Ali son of AlHussain (Ali ibn Al-Husain) is not the father of Shaykh Al-Saduq (ra). The name of the narrator in the Al-Ghaybat Al-Tusi book is recorded as only "Ali ibn Al-Husain". Ali ibn Al-Husain can be the name of the different men among them there are relaible, unrelaible and unkown ones. He can not be the father of Shaykh Al-Saduq. Because, Shaykh Al-Saduq narrated many different Hadiths from his father, but he has not narrated the Hadith of will (i.e., this version of the will) in his books. If Ali ibn Al-Husain was the father of Al-Saduq, he would narrated the Hadith of will from his father. In addition, this Hadith is not in the those books of the father of Shaykh Al-Saduq that have been reached to us.

Also, father of Shaykh Al-Saduq has narrated a Hadith in one of his books which says that 12 Mahdis are not Imam:

Hanan Ibn Sadir narrates:
"I asked Imam Al-Baqir (as) about Ibn Hanafiyya [son of Imam Ali], that was he an Imam?
(Al-Imamat wa Al-Tabsira by Ali ibn Al-Husain ibn Babawayh Al-Qomi [father of Shaykh Al-Saduq], P 60)
About text of the hadeeth: There is no Contradiction, as it can be said that here Ali (as) is called the Mahdi in Allah's heavens while First Mahdi is not called Mahdi in Allah's heavens like Ali ibn Abi Taleb(as).
You wrong. The Hadith says that Allah has named Imam Ali in His heaven [i.e., supernatural world] as Mahdi [i.e., the name of Mahdi for Imam Ali is from Allah and supernatural world]. Contrary to what you said, the issue is naming, not calling. The Hadith says that the names of Imam Ali are selected by Allah and one of them is Mahdi. Then the Hadith says absolutely that the name Mahdi should not be attributed to any one but Imam Ali. So, the issue is attributing the name Mahdi to others, and not calling.
But in the end part of the tradition, the name Mahdi is attributed to 1th Mahdi!

Also, there is another odd thing in the tradition. The traditon says that Imam Ali narrates: "Prophet said to Imam Ali....!!!" Instead of saying that 'Prophet said to me', the tradition says that Imam Ali narrated : Prophet said to Imam Ali!

Finally I should say that the tradition of will has different ills regarding its route of the narrators and its content. If Shaykh Al-Tusi narrated it, it was because that the tradition talks about 12 Imams (as) and their names, an issue which has different evidences from other authentic Hadiths. But, the part which talks about 12 Mahdis who are indeed another 12 Imams after the first 12 Imams, is completely against other different Hadiths of Prophet Muhammad (sawaws) and Imams (as) and is not acceptable. So, Shaykh Al-Tusi has narrated the tradition without accepting its second part, because he says after narrating of the tradition of will, and other different traditions which say that there will be only 12 Imam : "Certainly the Imamat [leadership] is restricted in twelve Imams, and they will never be more or less than this"(Al-Qaybat Al-Tusi, P 157). So, Shaykh Al-Tusi narrated that tradition because of its general true content about 12 Imams and their names, but he has ignored its incorrect part whose root reaches to Ka'b Al-Ahbar in Sunni books. It should be said that Ka'b Al-Ahbar has not attributed that saying of himself to Prophet Muhammad (sawaws).

Last edited:

Ya Ali

mojtaba, you are only showing your ignorance by attributing untrue titles to the Hujjah of Allah swt Ahmed al-Hasan al-Yamani a.s. You are like the Jews who insult Jesus pbuh and Christians who insult Mohammed pbuhap, who cannot go through a debate without slandering and from those who are ill from the illness of Iblis l.a, denying the Caliph of Allah swt.

Why did you add a thing to the Hadith??? Do not change it. The Hadith clearly says that the Mahdi of the nation of Prophet Muhammad (sawaws) is amongst the 12 Imams (as). Why do you add the phrase 'the children of Hussain' to the text of the Hadith???!

I didn't change any hadeeth. To change a hadeeth is to copy the hadeeth change its context and paste it. I never copied the hadeeth or change it, it was a comment in regards the matter who is given allegiance between Rukn and Maqam. Due to my shortcomings I couldn't present what was on my mind.

Hadeeth of Ahlulbayt pbut are like puzzle, you need to put them together to understand certain matter. The one who will have people pledge allegiance to him between the Rukn and Maqam is from the son of Hussain a.s. :

From Jaaber he said: Muhammad son of Ali pbut said to me: O Jabir, for Banu AlAbbas is a banner and other than them are banner. Beware and beware again-three times-until you see a man from the son of Hussain pbuh who will have people pledge allegiance to him between the Rukn and Maqam..."
Mustadrak AlWasael v.11 p.38 h.12376
Usool AlSita Ashar p.79
Jame Ahadeeth AlShia Buroojerdi v.13 p.75 h.164

First Mahdi, Ahmed from Prophet's Will is from the son of Hussain pbuh:

He is named Ahmed,Abdullah,Mahdi in Prophet's Will and Prophet tells us in different narration that he is the one given allegiance between Rukn and Maqam:

Number of hadeeth where one given allegiance between Rukn and Maqam by name Mohammad ibn Al-Hassan pbuh = 0
Number of hadeeth where one given allegiance between Rukn and Maqam by name Ahmed,Abdullah,Mahdi, his son from Prophet's will = 1

Furthermore, there is the Beast of the Earth emerging :

And the beast of the earth comes at the end times:

The messenger of Allah pbuhap said on behalf of the Prince of the believers pbuh:"He is the beast of the earth that Allah mentioned about it in his book "And when the word comes to them , we shall emerge from the earth a beast that will speak to them, for that mankind did not believe with assurance in Our Signs."And then he said: If it was the end of time,Allah will make you emerge in the best picture and with you is a poison that will be used to poison the enemies"Bihar v.39 p.243 Surat Al Namel verse 82

"If it was at the end of time,Allah will make you emerge in the best picture"
Imam Ali pbuh at the end of time is not alive only in the Return(Raja) but the Mahdi Ahmad a.s. is the beast of the earth coming before Imam Al Mahdi a.s.

From Abdullah AlJarni he said: (I entered to the Prince of the believers pbuh and he said: Did I mention for you three things until when someone entered to me?I said:No,so he said: I am Abdullah,I am the beast of the earth with its truth and justice, and the brother of the Prophet,did I tell you about the nose of the Mahdi and his eye?I said:No,So he placed his hand on his chest and said:"I".) Bihar Al Anwar v.39 p.243

According to Ansari Book Dabat Al Arth and Tale AlMashriq:"When Imam Ali pbuh was talking about the beast of the earth he stated something about being the brother of the Prophet and went along saying I am the nose of the Mahdi and his eye. The nose here is symbollic to the power and honor,the eye here represents successorship,minister,deputy,brotherhood,or the right handed man.

From Ali son of Ibraheem son of Mihzyaar from Imam Al Mahdi pbuh when he was asked about when will the matter arrive he said:.."a year of such and such,at then there will emerge a beast of the earth from between the Safa and Marwa and with it is the staff of Moses and the ring of Solomon leading the people to the gathering"Besharat Al Islam p.236

So a sign for Imam Al Mahdi a.s. is the beast of the earth and Imam Ali a.s. has a wilaya and Ahmad a.s. is the beast of the earth because he has a wilaya Imam Al AlBaqir a.s. said "whoever turns away from him then hes from the people of hell". Imam Ali a.s. is the first believer in the Prophet and Imam Ahmad a.s. is the first believer in Imam Al Mahdi a.s.

From Imam Al Saadeq pbuh he said:"And then the appearance of the Beast of the Earth between the Rukn and Maqam and it will
be written on the face of the believer'believer',and on the face of the disbeliever'disbeliever',and then the appearance of
the Sufyani and will march with his army to Iraq...and he will destroy AlZawra(baghdad)..and destroy AlKufa and
AlMedina...and then emerge to AlBayda...and so the earth will swallow them..."AlRaja' Istrabadi p.100

Ya Ali

From this hadeeth we consider two points:

1.Beast of the Earth appears between Rukn and Maqam
2.This Beast of the Earth appears before the Sufyani

In the hadeeths of Ahlulbayt pbut Imam Al Mahdi a.s/Imam Ali a.s.. doesn't appear before Imam Al Mahdi a.s. as a sign, so this Hujja of Allah/Beast of the Earth and Riser comes before Imam Al Mahdi. The most significant character before Imam Al Mahdi that all Muslims are ordered to follow is the Yamani. And that Yamani is Ahmad, the Beast of the Earth is Ahmad that pledges allegiance between Rukn and Maqam with three names.

Huthayfa ibn AlYamani heard the Prophet of Allah pbuh say:"He will be given allegiance between the Rukn and Maqam his name is Ahmad,Abdullah,and Mahdi , that is his three names." Gaiba Al-Tusi p.305,p.299,p.454,p.470/Bihar v.52 p.291 Mujam Ahadeeth Al-Korani v.1 p.453/Al-Khara'ej Al-Jara'eh Leqatb AlDeen Al-Rawandi p.1149

Imam Al Saadeq pbuh he said:"And then the appearance of the Beast of the Earth between the Rukn and Maqam"

Now in this hadeeth it tells us that before Nafs Al Zakya the last kingdom of Bani someone will perish, and we know that the Sufyani l.a will be the last one to rule.

From Abi Baseer he said: I heard Abi Abdullah(a.s)saying: "Whoever guarantees for me the death of Abdullah I shall guarantee for him the Riser,and then he said: If Abdullah dies the people will not gather with anyone after him,and this matter will not end without your companion(Saheb)by the will of Allah,and then the kingdom of years will go away and the kingdom of the months and days will come,I said:Will it be long?He said:No"Bihar Al Anwar v.52 p.210

We also find that Imam Ali a.s. is even expressing his disappointment at people not pondering over this great character "Beast of the Earth". Because he is among the viceroys of Allah swt and he emerges before the Sufyani and was a man calling them towards guidance.

From the Prince of the believers pbuh in his saying:"If a word fell upon them we have emerged for them a beast from the
earth speaking to them that the people with our signs were not certain in belief": (They haven't pondered over it with a
truthful pondering,have I spoken to you about the last kingdom of Bani someone,he said yes 'O'Prince of the believers,he
said:Killing the pure soul on a day of Haram on a nation of Haram from a folk of Quraish,by the one who split the seed and
created the soul they will not have a kingdom after it except for 15 days" Gaibat Al Numani p.259

The Beast of the Earth "Ahmad, the Yamani" will divide truth and falsehood.

Prince of the believers pbuh:"And tomorrow during Thuher the sun shall be colored and will become blackened,dark,and on the
third day Allah will divide truth and falsehood,and the Beast of the Earth will emerge,and Rome will approach the shore of
the sea at the cave of the youths,and so Allah will send the youths from their cave with their dog,from among them is a man
who is called Muleikha and another Khamlaaha,and they are the two Muslim witnesses to the Riser pbuh"AlKhisal v.2 p.431

One thing to consider from this following hadeeth is that the Faraj will not happen until after when the kingdom of Banu someone perishes...there is a man from Ahlulbayt a.s. that will be key to the Faraj..and that man is NOT Imam Al Mahdi a.s.

Abi Baseer from Imam AlSaadeq a.s said:"O Aba Muhammad the nation of Muhammad pbuhap will not see any Faraj,unless the son of Banu someone(Abbas)have a kingdom that will perish.Once it perishesAllah will deliver for the nation of Muhammad pbuhap a man who is from us Ahlulbayt,that is simple with piety and works for guidance,and does not take in his ruling any bribery.By Allah I know him by his name and his father's name.And then the one that has a mole and two marks,the just leader,the preserver(Hafeth) of what he left,he shall spread it with justice and tranquility after it has been filled by the tyrants with unjustice and tyrany"Bihar v.52 p.269

And here we see that the Imam pbuh recites the verse about the Beast of the Earth and Subhanallah he is giving us an indication that the emergence of the Beast of the Earth is relevant to the time of when "Banu someone's kingdom to be the last or ending". So the man who comes before Imam Al Mahdi a.s. is Ahmad a.s. and the Yamani is from Ahlulbayt who is the Beast of the Earth appearing after when the time of when Banu someone's kingdom perishes.

From the Prince of the believers pbuh in his saying:"If a word fell upon them we have emerged for them a beast from the
earth speaking to them that the people with our signs were not certain in belief": (They haven't pondered over it with a
truthful pondering,have I spoke to you about the last kingdom of Bani someone,he said yes 'O'Prince of the believers,he
said:Killing the pure soul on a day of Haram on a nation of Haram from a folk of Quraish,by the one who split the seed and
created the soul they will not have a kingdom after it except for 15 days" Gaibat Al Numani p.259

And God bless brother waleed for pointing out since one of the signs OF the QA'EM(IMAM AL MAHDI) is the QA'EM. That QA'EM before IMAM AL MAHDI must be the Yamani"Ahmad, the Beast of the Earth" or else there is no escape route from the notion that before IMAM AL MAHDI is IMAM AL MAHDI except saying that before the Riser Imam Al Mahdi is Ahmad who is a Riser and the first Mahdi and the first of the 313.

He (as) said: Yes, and also the Killing of the Pure Soul is from the inevitable, the Qa'em is from the inevitable, sinking of Baida is from the inevitable, and the hand in the sky is from the inevitable. And the call/shout from the sky.
I said: And what is the call?
He (as) said: A caller will call out the name of the Qa'em and the name of his father (as).
Ghaiba Nu'mani, p263.

Only one who deliberately wants to fight the truth can say that Ahmed,Abdullah,Mahdi is Muhammad ibn Al-Hassan after this proof, anybody sincere searching for the truth can see that it is a different Mahdi from Prophet's Will, as this matter is clear as the sun.

Another truth found out from the hadeeths
1.Beast of the earth comes from the east.
2.Beast of the earth pledges allegiance between the rukn and maqamBEFORE the Sufyani and another hadeeth which speaks about the Beast of the earth before the Sufyani.
3. Imam AlMahdi a.s. says that before he appears a sign before his emergence is the Beast of the Earth.

More detailed proofs: saviorofmankind.com • View topic - Points to prove the Yamani

Ya Ali

The Hadith:
"From us after/besides Al-Qa'im there will be 12 Mahdis from the progeny of Hussein."

Notes:
A)These 12 Mahdis are not Imam. They are only ordinary Shi'ites that have been guided to the Imamat of 12 Imams and so invite others to the Imamat of them. See these two Hadiths:

1.Abu Baseer narrates:
“There will be 12 Mahdis after/besides the Al-Qa'im (as)?” Imam (a.s.) said: “He has said 12 Mahdis, not 12 Imams. They shall be our Shi'ites who would call the people towards our Wilayat (guardianship and Imamat), and Marefat (i.e., recognition) of our rights.”

2.Hanan Ibn Sadir narrates:
(Al-Imamat wa Al-Tabsira by Ibn Babawayh Al-Qomi [father of Sheykh Al-Saduq], P 60)

So, Mahdis are not Imam.

B)The 12 Mahdis who are after/besides Al-Qa'im [12th Imam], are not his sons, because the Hadiths says that they are from the progeny of Imam Al-Husain [3th Imam]. If they were the sons of 12th Imam (as), it would not be said in the Hadith that they are from the progeny of Imam Al-Husain (as) [3th Imam].

1) If they pbut in a certain hadith called Mahdies as Shias, it doesn't negate their Imamat. For verily Ibrahim(as) is called Shia of Ali(as) while he(as) had the rank of Imamat: Imam Sadiq (as) said: "Regarding the saying of Allah(swt) "Verily among his Shia was Ibrahim", Verily Ibrahim (as) is among the Shia of Prophet Muhammad peace be upon Him and his Progeny, He (Ibrahim) is among the Shia of Ali (as). And all those who are from among the Shia of Ali they are among the Shia of Prophet Muhammad peace be upon Him and his pure Progeny." Source: Tawil Al Ayat Vol.2 Pg.495 (Sura-e-Saffat)

2) The Will of Prophet Muhammad (s) shows clearly that the Mahdis are from the progeny of 12th Imam(as) while First Mahdi is called Ahmed (a name none of the Imams had). While here is a clear hadith that proves the Imamat of the sons of 12th Imam(as):

12 Mahdis are Imams:

Sheikh Nathem AlUqaily comments: "

Abi Baseer said : 'I said to Sadiq Jafar bin Mohammed : 'O son of the prophet Mohammed I heard from your father he said : 'There will be after the qaeim 12 imams. He(Jafar AlSadiq) said, indeed he said: "12 Mahdi's and he didnt say Imams but they are a group from our Shia who call people to our matter and call people to know our rights.' Kamal Aldeen 2/358

And maybe someone who is ignorant of the reality will think that Imam AlSaadeq a.s. here has negated the Imamate of the Mahdis pbut...but the reality is that he reassured that his father Imam AlBaqer pbuh said: (12 Mahdis) and he did not say(12 Imams). And negating that Imam AlBaqer pbuh said: (12 Imams) does not mean that he negated the Imamate of the Mahdis and for the words of the Imams pbut it has purposes and words of wisdom that we are ignorant of...and they are the ones who said that they speak upon 70 faces every face they have for it an exit.

It is possible that Imam AlSaadeq pbuh spoke out of Taqya from those who will spread it out and not conceal it because the matter of the Mahdis pbut, the Imams have concealed it and did not reveal it except with certain occasions or who is secure on their side...and negating the Imamate of the Mahdis is in the complete meaning like with the 12 Imams whereby the rank of the Imamate of the 12 is greater than the rank of the 12 Mahdis, so the Imam AlSaadeq pbuh wanted to be protective of that because time didn't arrive for it and maybe the minds during that time were not qualified to carry it and understand it.

And the text about the Imamate of the Mahdis have been accounted for by the Imams pbut in their reports-as what will come-for even if we consider the narration above, it is allegorical and it can suggest the negation of the Imamate of the Mahdis but it will become lacking from a text about it; meaning that there is no negating the Imamate explicitly and with that being said, the reports that mention the Imamate of the Mahdis pbut will master it and interpret it so there is no choice but to take the reports that mention the Imamate of the Mahdis pbut."

The banner of your Imam is white (see الإمام أحمد الحسن Ahmed Alhasan, at the top right corner), while this Hadith says that the banner of that group is black! So you can not say that this Hadith is about Ahmad Al-Hasan.

Another misconception. This is one of the banners that Imam pbuh has raised. He has also raised the Black banners in Iraq. You can see them at 0:32 at this video:

A man from the son of Hussain a.s. comes from the East:

فمنهم العلامة أبو عبد الله نعيم بن حماد بن معاوية بن الحارث الخزاعي المروزي الحنفي في " الفتن والملاحم " (ج 1 ص 371 ط مكتبة التوحيد بالقاهرة) قال:
حدثنا الوليد ورشدين، عن ابن لهيعة، عن أبي قبيل، عن عبد الله بن عمرو رضي الله عنهما قال: يخرج رجل من ولد الحسين من قبل المشرق لو استقبلته الجبال لهدمها واتخذ فيها طرقا.
Abdullah son of Umar"a man will emerge from the son of Hussein from the East,if the mountains meet him he would destroy them and turn them into streets" Ibn Hamad v.1 p.372 and v.1 p.407 and Bayan AlShafe'i p.513 Uqd AlDurar p.127 AlQawl AlMukhtasar p.15
Shia book:Ihqaq AlHaq v.29 p.222

5.The Minister of the Mahdi will come from the East to kill the Sufyani

"...So then Allah will make the vizier/minister of the Mahdi emerge against the Sufyani from the East and so he will defeat the Sufyani on the way to Sham(Levant).."
-Sayed Mara'ashi Ihqaq AlHaq p.620 v.29

، فيخرج الله على السفياني من أهل المشرق وزير المهدي فيهزم السفياني إلى الشام

6.A man from the family of the Mahdi from the East holds sword on shoulder for 8 months

Imam Ali a.s said:“A man will come out before the Mahdi from his ahlulbayt(family) in the East, he carries the sword on his shoulder for eight months...."
عن علي بن أبي طالب عليه السلام قال: يخرج رجل قبل المهدي من أهل بيته بالمشرق، يحمل السيف على عاتقه ثمانية أشهر
Mumahedoon by Sheikh Korani p.118

7.Successor of the Mahdi comes from the East(Khurasan):

Prophet of Allah pbuhap said:"If you see the black banners from Khurasan go to them even if you had to crawl over ice for among them is the successor of the Mahdi" Malahem Wal Fitan p.53

فيما ذكره نعيم عن المهدي ونصرته برايات خراسان. قال حدثنا أبو نصر الحباب عن خلاد عن أبي قلابة عن ثوبان قال إذا رأيتم الرايات السود خرجت من قبل خراسان فأتوها ولو حبوا على الثلج فإن فيها خليفة المهدي.

http://alhawzaonline.com/almaktaba-alma ... tan/03.htm

8.The banner of Ahlulbayt a.s. and the Prophet s.a.w.w comes from the East

وتقبل رايات من شرقي الأرض غير معلمة، ليست بقطن ولا كتان ولا حرير، مختوم في رأس القناة بخاتم السيد الأكبر يسوقها رجل من آل محمد تظهر بالمشرق، وتوجد ريحها بالمغرب كالمسك الأذفر يسير الرعب أمامها بشهر حتى ينزلوا الكوفة طالبين بدماء آبائهم.
فبينما هم على ذلك إذ أقبلت خيل اليماني والخراساني يستبقان كأنهما فرسي رهان شعث غبر جرد أصلاب نواطي وأقداح إذا نظرت أحدهم برجله باطنه (1) فيقول: لا خير في مجلسنا بعد يومنا هذا اللهم فانا التائبون، وهم الابدال الذين وصفهم الله في كتابه العزيز " إن الله يحب التوابين ويحب المتطهرين " (2) ونظراؤهم من آل محمد.

Prince of the believers(a.s)".....Banners will approach from the East of the Earth with no sign on it,not from cotton,linen or silk.It is sealed on the head of the spear by the Great Sayed(Prophet Muhammad(saw)), a man from the family of Muhammad(saw)will raise it,it will appear from the East and its scent will be present in the West,like musk pouring out. Horror will be infront for a month until they reach AlKufa,demanding the blood of their fathers.And while they were this way,the horse of the Yamani and Khurasani will race each other like two horses on a bet. Dusty,Sandy,sad faces,condemnable people ..if you see them they would say:"There is no good for us sitting here after today, O Allah we are the repenters and they are the Ibdaal(replaced ones)that Allah described in his book "Allah loves the repenters and those who purify themselves"and their counterparts are the family of Muhammad...". Sheikh Ali AlYazdi AlHaeri p.103

9.The Yemeni who has the banner of the Mahdi comes from the East and Prophet said go to him

عن النبي (ص): (... وسيخرج من هذا - أي علي (ع) - فتى يملأ الأرض قسطاً وعدلاً فإذا رأيتم ذلك فعليكم بالفتى اليمني، فإنه يُقبل من المشرق، وهو صاحب راية المهدي).(المهدي المنتظر الموعود/ ب4: 107).

The Prophet pbuh took the hand of Al-Abbas and the hand of Ali a.s and said:"There shall be a man from the offspring of this man(Abbas)who shall fill the earth unjustice and tyranny,and there shall be from this man(Ali)who shall spread the earth with justice and tranquility, so if you see this happening,on you is to go with the man who is a Yemeni for he shall come from the East and he is the one with the banner of the Mahdi" Al-Mahdi Al-Muntather Al-Maw'ood door#4/p.107

10.Before Imam AlMahdi a.s. arrives the Yamani is the most guiding banner:

عن الامام الباقر ع: (وليس في الرايات راية أهدى من راية اليماني ، هي راية هدى ، لأنه يدعو إلى صاحبكم ، فإذا خرج اليماني حرم بيع السلاح على الناس وكل مسلم ، وإذا خرج اليماني فانهض إليه فإن رايته راية هدى ، ولا يحل لمسلم أن يلتوي عليه ، فمن فعل ذلك فهو من أهل النار ، لأنه يدعو إلى الحق وإلى طريق مستقيم) غيبة الشيخ النعماني ص264

Imam Al Baaqer pbuh said:"There is no banner more guided than the banner of the Yamani it is the banner of guidance,because he calls to your possessor,if the Yamani emerges he will forbid the selling of weapons to people and every Muslim,if the Yamani emerges go to him for his banner is the banner of guidance,and it is forbidden for any Muslim to turn away as for whoever does that is from the people of hell because he calls to the truth and straight path"Gaibat Al Numani p.264

There is a Yamani who is a successor that his name will be called from an angel "pay allegiance to so and so".

وعن أرطأة: (فيجتمعون وينظرون لمن يبايعون، فبينا هم كذلك إذ سمعوا صوتًا ما قاله إنس
.( ولا جان: بايعوا فلانًا، باسمه، وليس من ذي ولا ذو، ولكنه خليفة يماني

Ibn Tawoos reported in his book from Arta'a"So they will gather up and look at who they are pledging allegiance to and so while they are in this way they will hear a voice that not a human or jin has called out: Pledge allegiance to so and so by his name, he is not from Thi or Tho but he is a successor who is a Yamani".
Mujam Ahadeeth Imam AlMahdi pbuh v.1 p.299
Malahem Wal Fitan -by Ibn Tawoos p.168#228

saviorofmankind.com • View topic - Points to prove the Yamani

How do you can say that the Hadith is allegorical?!!!

Imam Ahmed al-Hasan a.s. who is the son and successor of Imam al-Mahdi a.s. and who is an Infallable Imam has explained that the hadeeth is allegorical, as only an Infallable can know which hadeeth are allegorical.

Last edited: