• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prophecies Jesus failed to fulfill?

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Nope, that was not the prophecy that he made. Christians desperately try to change what the Bible says. But they can't. It is still there for everyone to read.
You're going to have to tell me which verse you're referring to. .. because I don't think he said what you think he did.
Is it this one?

Matt 24 33 Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door. 34 I tell you the truth, this tribe will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
The word that is sometimes translated as "generation" would be better interpreted "tribe" so our modern perceptions could understand what was being said... for the Hebrew, thinking about “genea” as only ONE set of people existing all at the same time all across the world, would be completely foreign.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You're going to have to tell me which verse you're referring to. .. because I don't think he said what you think he did.
Is it this one?

Matt 24 33 Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door. 34 I tell you the truth, this tribe will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
The word that is sometimes translated as "generation" would be better interpreted "tribe" so our modern perceptions could understand what was being said... for the Hebrew, thinking about “genea” as only ONE set of people existing all at the same time all across the world, would be completely foreign.
From context he is speaking to the disciples and the prophesy is about them.

Truth in love

This might be for @Rival , because she produced a list long ago, that was closest to what I am looking for, basically a list of prophecies of the Messiah that Jesus did not fulfill.

World peace and the political office was definitely two, but I'm looking for quotes and verse numbers please. :)

Also, there is more than one Messiah, because Scripture calls Cyrus the great the "anointed one, the Messiah", he ended Babylonian captivity, and built the temple.

Also, prophecies about the Messiah not damaging a bruised reed, turning the other cheek, being a pacifist, quiet lamb lead to slaughter, contradict other prophecies about the Messiah, that it actually isn't even possible for the prophecies to all be talking about the same person.

Last I read, a contemporary rabbi said there would be a warrior Messiah like Samson, from Dan, and another, the son of David, from Judah, which is why Dan and Judah were called Lions, the two built the temple and tabernacle.

Any feedback you have is appreciated. Thank you. :)

prophecy is often not fulfilled in the most obvious way. (Bulletproof monk does a great job with this).

Also most don’t come with a time line.
So I’m not sure how you determine if one was unfulfilled if the timing is not indicated.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
The teaching said rich man is a hypocrite.

Rich men in life mind are memory conscious father only first as first spiritual.

As sperm isnt adult consciousness. We are all babies. Beginning taught by his natural memory.

Taught rich man is the hypocrite.

He knows himself any human man first as spiritual father man.

Never rich yet very innocently spiritual. As any human knows who loves nature. Walks slowly admiring it's lovely presence. Loves families expressive artistic spirit anywhere on earth . I know I live that life.

Yet is rich so isnt spiritual at all. His own warnings...
He made choices to save himself. The rich man remained destructively rich.

Natural daughter loves her father. I heard my daughter memory crying for his removal out of life's consciousness. I cried too it's truly sad. Life leaving gives its assessed NDE recorded experiences. Warns conscious family.

How we knew. We are told taught.

So rich man is never as honest as father. Is just your owned teaching human brothers. Naturally you are spiritual. Mentally you aren't until you choose correct family behaviours.

Not being rich and separate was the teaching.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This might be for @Rival , because she produced a list long ago, that was closest to what I am looking for, basically a list of prophecies of the Messiah that Jesus did not fulfill.

World peace and the political office was definitely two, but I'm looking for quotes and verse numbers please. :)

Also, there is more than one Messiah, because Scripture calls Cyrus the great the "anointed one, the Messiah", he ended Babylonian captivity, and built the temple.

Also, prophecies about the Messiah not damaging a bruised reed, turning the other cheek, being a pacifist, quiet lamb lead to slaughter, contradict other prophecies about the Messiah, that it actually isn't even possible for the prophecies to all be talking about the same person.

Last I read, a contemporary rabbi said there would be a warrior Messiah like Samson, from Dan, and another, the son of David, from Judah, which is why Dan and Judah were called Lions, the two built the temple and tabernacle.

You want failed prophecies? Try these ─

Mark 9:1 And he said to them, “Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power.”

Mark 13:28 “From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. 29 So also, when you see these things taking place, you know that he is near, at the very gates. 30 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away before all these things take place.

Matthew 10:23When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

Matthew 16:28 Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.”

Matthew 24:32 “From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 So also, when you see all these things, you know that he is near, at the very gates. 34 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away till all these things take place.

Luke 9:27 But I tell you truly, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God.”​

Unless of course you know some 2,000 year old Judeans and Galileans hanging out in the Bronx, of course.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)

Not sure what other answers are, but I would like to mention about world peace. World peace is yet to be fulfilled. I'm not going into detail, but Jesus did say in Matthew chapter 24 that wars would take place and then the end would come. Peace would come after that. We have not arrived at that point, but it does not mean he is not the fulfillment.
"Jesus answered, “See to it that no one deceives you. 5For many will come in My name, claiming, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. 6You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. These things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are the beginning of birth pains." This does not mean he is not the fulfillment of prophecies of peace.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Lying theists said earths space owned a backdrop at ground Zero life living. With radiation.

We survive inside a water oxygen heavens only from water you walk upon in stone to its movement. As evaporated by sheeted eaters masses just a description. Water oxygen dust minerals wrapped around us protecting biology.

Exact correct teaching.

Not taught by Satanists who claim it's a thesis and not just a description in human experience. The Need to have said it versus Satanists

Space owned radiation sealed by water space vapour pressures until rock became rock god in space womb mother of God. No radiating.

Then shaking eruptions plate tectonics carpenter and volcano mountain law released hot smoking burning gases.

Not clouds and not radiation.

Beginning immaculate heavens forming.

Water from ground walking position left with sacrificed gases stretched smoking. Then converted into clouds that kept by Infinite stretch into becoming the clear gas.

History earths heavens. Then changed no longer gods history. Evil sun involved the human theists warning there is no thesis. Past.

All changed when sun cooling also burst. It's body mass size hadn't produced rock. Attacked all things.

Science today try to claim a clouds mass is at grounds zero position still as historic first man's theory about why the immaculate formed. Is stuck in thesis lying in mind.

No smoking burning gases are.... when ground released as caused by lying Satanists theories.

That sacrificed all life on earth taught and known statements totally ignored. As they tried to re enact beginnings in machines.

Last edited:

Redemptionsong

Nope, that was not the prophecy that he made. Christians desperately try to change what the Bible says. But they can't. It is still there for everyone to read.
If you studied the scriptures carefully, you would know that Matthew's gospel begins with the word's 'The book of the generation of Jesus Christ..'

The generation of Jesus Christ is singular because it is eternal. Compare this to Adam [Genesis 5:1] where you will see that his generations (plural) are mentioned. This is the difference between temporal and eternal.

The truth of this teaching is supported by numerous other references in both the Old and New Testaments. Christ is described as the 'seed' not 'seeds' [see Psalms 22:30].

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If you studied the scriptures carefully, you would know that Matthew's gospel begins with the word's 'The book of the generation of Jesus Christ..'

The generation of Jesus Christ is singular because it is eternal. Compare this to Adam [Genesis 5:1] where you will see that his generations (plural) are mentioned. This is the difference between temporal and eternal.

The truth of this teaching is supported by numerous other references in both theOld and New Testaments. Christ is described as the 'seed' not 'seeds' [see Psalm 22:30].
If you studied the scriptures carefully you would know that Matthew's list was fictional. As is Luke's which disagrees with his.

A lot of the problems of the Bible go away when one realizes that it is just a man made book that is going to have human errors and human fables in it.

Redemptionsong

If you studied the scriptures carefully you would know that Matthew's list was fictional. As is Luke's which disagrees with his.

A lot of the problems of the Bible go away when one realizes that it is just a man made book that is going to have human errors and human fables in it.
Once again, you have been deceived by poor teaching.

Try reading the NT books as you find them. The internal integrity of scripture is the most powerful testimony to their authenticity. Remember, the dating controversy is primarily an issue about prophecy. If a scholar rejects prophecy as a legitimate revelation from God then their dating will inevitably be affected. This is why Mark 13 (prophecy of the destruction of the temple) is central to the controversy.

The question you should be asking yourself is why the Jewish wars and the destruction of Jerusalem (including the temple) are not recorded in the NT as history. The book of Acts is an historical record of events taking place during the lives of Peter and Paul but the Jewish war is not mentioned. All the evidence points to the death of both men between 62 and 64 CE. Given that the same author, Luke, wrote both Acts and the Gospel of Luke, the whole complexion of the debate changes!

There are very good reasons for believing in an early dating of the Gospels, and for an acceptance of the traditional authorship of these books.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Show us where the second coming is in the Hebrew Scriptures then you might have a point.
Psalms 110.
The ‘day of battle’ has not yet come; neither has the ‘crushing of the rulers of the whole earth’, which ties into Daniel 2:44.
IMO
IMO

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Once again, you have been deceived by poor teaching.

Try reading the NT books as you find them. The internal integrity of scripture is the most powerful testimony to their authenticity. Remember, the dating controversy is primarily an issue about prophecy. If a scholar rejects prophecy as a legitimate revelation from God then their dating will inevitably be affected. This is why Mark 13 (prophecy of the destruction of the temple) is central to the controversy.

The question you should be asking yourself is why the Jewish wars and the destruction of Jerusalem (including the temple) are not recorded in the NT as history. The book of Acts is an historical record of events taking place during the lives of Peter and Paul but the Jewish war is not mentioned. All the evidence points to the death of both men between 62 and 64 CE. Given that the same author, Luke, wrote both Acts and the Gospel of Luke, the whole complexion of the debate changes!

There are very good reasons for believing in an early dating of the Gospels, and for an acceptance of the traditional authorship of these books.
No you are once again describing yourself. And no, the only "good reasons" is to give believers a little more comfort.

You have been listening to apologists, AKA Liars For Jesus. Why don't you listen to real scholars?

Redemptionsong

No you are once again describing yourself. And no, the only "good reasons" is to give believers a little more comfort.

You have been listening to apologists, AKA Liars For Jesus. Why don't you listen to real scholars?
You mean 'real scholars' like Bart Ehrman?

It is indicative of the times that a scholar who gets a lot of 'air time' on the internet is considered to be a spokesman for truth.

Of course, you would use a term like 'apologist' in a derogatory manner, no matter what the credentials of the scholar. The truth is that hundreds of knowledgeable experts on the NT have expressed different views to those of Bart Ehrman.

Here is an article, giving the arguments for an early dating of the Gospels. The quality of the arguments should lead us to the truth of the matter!
The Dating of the New Testament | Union Resources

Last edited:

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Mark 9:1 And he said to them, “Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power.”

Mark 13:28 “From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. 29 So also, when you see these things taking place, you know that he is near, at the very gates. 30 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away before all these things take place.

Matthew 10:23When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

Matthew 16:28 Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.”

Matthew 24:32 “From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 So also, when you see all these things, you know that he is near, at the very gates. 34 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away till all these things take place.

Luke 9:27 But I tell you truly, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God.”
In my understanding of the Bible:
  • Matthew 16:28, Mark 9:1, Luke 9:27 are in contexts of the Roman Catholic Christian Church, established by Simon the stumbling stone (petros) - which is still standing.
  • Matthew 24:32-34, Mark 13:28-30, Luke 21:29-32 is in context of the "Second Coming", which is like a Parable of the 'Fig' before 'Summer' (Isaiah 28:4) i.e the Great Tribulation - happening as we speak.
  • Matthew 10:23 is where many will hate the real followers of Yehoshua/Yeshua - I agree the timeline on that one kept happening since the beginning of the Church, and thus should have been clearer.
In my opinion. :innocent:

wizanda

Premium Member
It is hunting for something after the fact.
Actually I was trying to understand the Bible based on what it put forward, and in doing so, know that it can be proven to someone who reads it unbiasedly; if someone is determined to debunk everything, that is all they will find.

In my understanding we can read the prophecies in the Tanakh, understand the chain of events, see that they were prophesied before, and that Yeshua fulfilled the expectations; it is just the Rabbinic Rebels are lying to everyone (including themselves) by waiting for the rewards at the end, and doing away with vast amounts of contexts that have happened.

If someone is willing to understand the prophecies that have happened, and I believe can be proven; then we can discuss it - as long as someone plans on rationally studying all the texts put forward.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In my understanding of the Bible:
  • Matthew 16:28, Mark 9:1, Luke 9:27 are in contexts of the Roman Catholic Christian Church, established by Simon the stumbling stone (petros) - which is still standing.
  • Matthew 24:32-34, Mark 13:28-30, Luke 21:29-32 is in context of the "Second Coming", which is like a Parable of the 'Fig' before 'Summer' (Isaiah 28:4) i.e the Great Tribulation - happening as we speak.
  • Matthew 10:23 is where many will hate the real followers of Yehoshua/Yeshua - I agree the timeline on that one kept happening since the beginning of the Church, and thus should have been clearer.
That seems to ignore the declaration which all the quotes I gave have in common, that the Kingdom would be established in the lifetime of some of Jesus' hearers.

I see nothing particularly Roman Catholic about the various statements (even if the RC church has picked up some of them and run with them, though I'm not aware of any examples).

The imminence of the apocalypse was part of the politics of Jewish culture in and around the first century CE, and (given an historical Jesus) John the Baptist was a leading advocate of it and Jesus was influenced by him and by the apocalyptic mood generally.

Those quotes are certainly not looking forward 2000 years ─ it was all going to happen SOON, while some of the audience were still alive.

And can you think of any age in Western civilization that didn't have periods of pessimism with citizens declaring the end of the world or the second coming or (more recently) the Rapture, was upon us, was imminent and that the natural disasters, wars, plagues, economic strife, &c of those times were omens foretelling just that?

As to which, would you rather be alive now or during the period 1939-1945, the Second World War?

Colt

He said he would return in spirit and he did. The Kingdom of Heaven as taught by Jesus is a spiritual fellowship. The literal return hasn't occurred. Its actually atheists who desperately latch onto Matthew 16:28 in desperation. Of coarse the hypocrisy of atheists is they are quite certain Jesus said that he would soon return but then in other threads about Jesus they question weather he ever existed at all!

Last edited:

Colt

Jesus was/is the Son of God not the Jewish Messiah. It's the Messianic prophecies that failed in part. Jesus knew that he could never fit the expectations of the Jewish Messiah so he left it to the Father to untangle the mess.

The Jews Messiah is MIA!

wizanda

Premium Member
That seems to ignore the declaration which all the quotes I gave have in common, that the Kingdom would be established in the lifetime of some of Jesus' hearers.
If we read the whole of the contexts pertaining to the scriptures referenced, then it doesn't say in their timeline, it says when the specific contexts are happening.

The people who commonly make these arguments haven't read all the prior prophecy, and so are just looking for a verse to throw the whole thing out.
I see nothing particularly Roman Catholic about the various statements (
There are prophecies that due to the testimony of Immanuel (Isaiah 8, Zechariah 5, Habakkuk 2); an idolatrous city would be built upon bloodshed, where they wouldn't see their own wickedness.

When Yeshua prophetically named Simon the Stumbling Stone (petros), that was because he was Pharisaic, and would corrupt his message after.

Thus when Yeshua is referring to that 'some would not stand', he was talking about the Pharisaically 'Established' Roman Catholic Church; which was anti-Christ's doctrine from its origin.
Those quotes are certainly not looking forward 2000 years
That isn't investigating what scripture says, it is taking odd wording, and misappropriating it.

When Yeshua said that from his time, the Abomination of Desolation shall stand (Matthew 24:15-16, Mark 13:14); which is cited in Daniel 12:11, that after that time, there is destruction until the end, and then the coming of the Kingdom after.

Yeshua's statements according to what is prophesied had a long time span after: where he placed the Curse of Moses (Deuteronomy 28) onto the Tribe of Israel, which is where they have been sent among the nations, then brought back into the land forcibly, then Armageddon (Deuteronomy 29), and then the coming of the Kingdom (Deuteronomy 30).