• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Proof Against Evolution

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
fantôme profane;1012543 said:
One more time!

“Evolutionists” are not afraid to discuss the beginning because it may lead to a creator. Many people who believe in the theory of evolution also believe in a “Creator”.

Evolution is not the theory that there is no God!

How many time does that need to be pointed out to you?

Do you understand what "believe" actually entails, trust in ,rely on ,place one's confidence in, are you telling me that that these apparent evolutionists believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God that he came into the world to redeem man by shedding his blood and that those who don't receive Christ will stand condemned
Just because one says he believe's, mean's nothing at all,
Jam 2:19Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

The criminal also believes in the judge, the criminal system ,the police etc,yet do they believe it enough to turn themself in
You mean to tell me that a criminal eagerly anticipates to stand before a judge to face criminal charges and the consequences that follow. Hardly....!

I don't know who your speaking for , but mankind will not willingly turn to ,place their trust and confidence in God for this very reason
Jhn 3:19This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.

How can Evolution not be real? We all appeared. We are just related to monkeys?

This does not make less religious, if anything, more. The Vedas was the first idea of Evolution.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Do you understand what "believe" actually entails, trust in ,rely on ,place one's confidence in, are you telling me that that these apparent evolutionists believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God that he came into the world to redeem man by shedding his blood and that those who don't receive Christ will stand condemned
Jam 2:19Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

The criminal also believes in the judge, the criminal system ,the police etc,yet do they believe it enough to turn themself in
You mean to tell me that a criminal eagerly anticipates to stand before a judge to face criminal charges and the consequences that follow. Hardly....!

I don't know who your speaking for , but mankind will not willingly turn to ,place their trust and confidence in God for this very reason
Jhn 3:19This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.

Roli, pardon me, but who the hell are you to determine what someone does or does not believe? Just because you may have problems reconciling your belief with the facts of science does not mean that anyone else has to have the same problems or they automatically don't really believe what they say they believe. Just who makes you so "godlike" that you think you can see inside a person and know how they believe?

There are many different denominations of Christianity because there are many ways the bible can be interpreted. All seem to believe that their interpretation is right. It is entirely possible for a Christian to believe in Christ and still believe that the story of Genesis was not meant to be taken literally. That "God" may have "created" life to evolve. It is not upon you to decide who is and is not Christians based on your own unwillingness to accept scientific findings. You are NOT so "godlike" that you have that power.

Somkid

You do realize there is no logic, empirical evidence or objectivity in your theory don't you? Thus I will accept your statement as rhetorical and not in need of a logical answer as you already know it.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Roli, pardon me, but who the hell are you to determine what someone does or does not believe? Just because you may have problems reconciling your belief with the facts of science does not mean that anyone else has to have the same problems or they automatically don't really believe what they say they believe. Just who makes you so "godlike" that you think you can see inside a person and know how they believe?

There are many different denominations of Christianity because there are many ways the bible can be interpreted. All seem to believe that their interpretation is right. It is entirely possible for a Christian to believe in Christ and still believe that the story of Genesis was not meant to be taken literally. That "God" may have "created" life to evolve. It is not upon you to decide who is and is not Christians based on your own unwillingness to accept scientific findings. You are NOT so "godlike" that you have that power.

Agreed, plus a belief in "God" does not have to be Christian based in the first place. Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.

kadzbiz

I took a portion of my time in life and devoted it to studying evolution, i like to wiegh propabilities, look at the odds, and see if it is possible in any case.

My beleif- The Theory of Evolution is False, although some creatures do change over time, but not in a evolutionary way.

I was standing outside by my house and i saw a tree. Where does a tree come from? From a seed? and the seed comes from a tree? Which came first? What is the chance that the tree just happened to have roots, that happened to know how to obsorbed water, and the tree happened to have a trunk, which happened to know how to transfer water to the leaves, and it just happened to have leaves, that knew how to obsorbed light from the sun, and it just happened to know how to store it, and so on, and so on.

To beleive in evolution is to believe that almost everything "just happened." Evolution cannot explain the begining. At what point did something exist? Did all things come from that same Big Bang point? What chance was there that life would arise out of all of this?

Just happened, just happened? A tree just didn't happen into existence my friend. They evolved from less complex plant species.

Actually, the chance that life would arise out of all this Big Bang point theory is probably quite high considering all required matter to create a hum being was formed in the Big Bang in the first place.

Apologies to all if some or all of what I said has already been addressed. I came into this thread very late indeed.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member

I am not telling you anything at all about redemption or condemnation. I am trying to tell you that many people who believe in the theory of evolution also believe in a “Creator”.

I am trying to tell you that:
The theory of Evolution has nothing to do with the existence/non-existence of God!

I am trying to tell you that:
Evolution is not the theory that there is no God!

And I am trying to tell you that:
Many people who believe in the theory of evolution also believe in a “Creator”!

Now are you trying to tell me that all those who believe in the theory of evolution will “stand condemned regardless of their belief in God or in Christ? Are you telling me that people will be dammed for examining the evidence and using their own intellect? Is what your religion tells you?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Actually, the chance that life would arise out of all this Big Bang point theory is probably quite high considering all required matter to create a hum being was formed in the Big Bang in the first place.
You really should stop embarrassing yourself like this.

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic

Don't talk about probability unless you understand it. Any talk of probability in this shows nothing more than a fundamentalism misunderstanding of it.

Rioku

Wanabe *********
I took a portion of my time in life and devoted it to studying evolution, i like to wiegh propabilities, look at the odds, and see if it is possible in any case.

My beleif- The Theory of Evolution is False, although some creatures do change over time, but not in a evolutionary way.

I was standing outside by my house and i saw a tree. Where does a tree come from? From a seed? and the seed comes from a tree? Which came first? What is the chance that the tree just happened to have roots, that happened to know how to obsorbed water, and the tree happened to have a trunk, which happened to know how to transfer water to the leaves, and it just happened to have leaves, that knew how to obsorbed light from the sun, and it just happened to know how to store it, and so on, and so on.

To beleive in evolution is to believe that almost everything "just happened." Evolution cannot explain the begining. At what point did something exist? Did all things come from that same Big Bang point? What chance was there that life would arise out of all of this?

Why is anyone even posting on this thread!!!! Come on people it is clear he has no understanding of evolution just move on to someone who might have graduated high school.

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
With all due repsect Y, I'll talk about whatever I want.
Suit yourself. I suggest you at least learn a bit before talking about it, lest you seem like an unintelligent moron, but hey, whatever floats your boats. I will just say this, probability is useless unless it can be quantified. In any scenario involving life forming, it cannot

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
You really should stop embarrassing yourself like this.
Oh don't hold back Jay, explain yourself. I don't get embarrassed so easily.
Obviously. See, for example, Stellar Nucleosynthesis. And this just begins to address the ignorance expressed by you comment above.

kadzbiz

Obviously. See, for example, Stellar Nucleosynthesis. And this just begins to address the ignorance expressed by you comment above.

Okay, I'll step back a little and say that I guess I'm referring to the last line in the example you linked, not the actual moment of the Big Bang.

Elements heavier than lithium are all synthesized in stars. During the late stages of stellar evolution, massive stars burn helium to carbon, oxygen, silicon, sulfur, and iron. Elements heavier than iron are produced in two ways: in the outer envelopes of super-giant stars and in the explosion of a supernovae. All carbon-based life on Earth is literally composed of stardust.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
right... so what is the problem with this?

Stars grow old and die... new stars form... grow old and die...
How does this make evolution less likely?

wa:do

kadzbiz

right... so what is the problem with this? Stars grow old and die... new stars form... grow old and die... How does this make evolution less likely? wa:do

Are you referring to my last post PW? I would say there is no problem and it doesn't make evolution less likely at all. I'm all for it.