• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pro-Life Herschel Walker Paid for Girlfriend’s Abortion

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
There are hypocrites on both sides, but only the republican side is making it their entire platform. Other than endless tax cuts for their wealthy cronies, shoveling tax dollars to their corporate patrons, and destroying what's left of our democracy because they can't win every election every time, being absurd, lying hypocrites is the only agenda they're passionate about.
I think you are still looking at it one sided.

It is this kind of rhetoric that inflames the divide IMV. A house divided cannot stand.

PureX

Veteran Member
I think you are still looking at it one sided.

It is this kind of rhetoric that inflames the divide IMV. A house divided cannot stand.
As long as republicans keep blaming poor people, black people, Latino people, LGBTQ people, liberals, democrats, and educated people for the many problems created by their own unfettered greed and willful stupidity, we will remain "divided against ourselves". They leave no other options.

Kenny

Premium Member
If someone were being critical of a democrat, I doubt you would raise this sentiment.
More than once, and even from the pulpit, I have said "Don't criticize... pray" - And that we aren't Republican or Democrats... we are Christians - who have joined the party of 'The Lamb".

I have also criticized Trump on more than one occasion.

Kenny

Premium Member
As long as republicans keep blaming poor people, black people, Latino people, LGBTQ people, liberals, democrats, and educated people for the many problems created by their own unfettered greed and willful stupidity, we will remain "divided against ourselves". They leave no other options.
Again...noticed your "one sided" viewpoint as if Dems don't blame people and don't have greed et al

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
A link:
The Daily Beast spoke to the former girlfriend, who asked that her name not be used out of concerns for her privacy. In the report published late Monday, the news outlet said it reviewed a receipt showing her $575 payment for the procedure, along with a get-well card from Walker and her bank deposit records showing the image of a $700 personal check from Walker dated five days after the abortion receipt.

The woman said Walker encouraged her to end the pregnancy, saying that the time wasn't right for a baby, The Daily Beast reported. As a candidate, Walker has characterized abortion as “a woman killing her baby” and has played up his opposition to the procedure in the wake of the Supreme Court ruling earlier this year stripping a woman's constitutional right to access abortion services...
-- Herschel Walker paid for girlfriend's abortion, report says (yahoo.com)

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
It is hypocritical if he continues to go around paying for women to abort his children, while simultaneously advocating against it. It is not hypocritical if at some point thirteen years ago he paid for an abortion, feels it was a horrible mistake and deeply regrets it, and then chooses to advocate against it.
You remind me of a tweet I saw earlier... something to the effect of: the way people are responding to the news of Walker paying for abortion with "hey - people change!" shows that they don't actually consider abortion to be equivalent to murder.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
You remind me of a tweet I saw earlier... something to the effect of: the way people are responding to the news of Walker paying for abortion with "hey - people change!" shows that they don't actually consider abortion to be equivalent to murder.

“News of Walker paying for abortion”… you mean an unproven story from the Daily Beast (need I say more?) that other media outlets are running with, with the convenient timing just one month before the Midterms.

I’ve simply pointed out what I consider hypocrisy and what I do not. I’ve said nothing about how I feel about this man.

PureX

Veteran Member
I remember when being e "flip-flopper" was a near criminal offense among republicans. But as we would expect with these hypocrites, I guess it only applied to when a democrat changing their mind.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
“News of Walker paying for abortion”… you mean an unproven story from the Daily Beast (need I say more?) that other media outlets are running with, with the convenient timing just one month before the Midterms.
Did you hear what his son said about his own father?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The fact that Herschel Walker has raised over $500,000 in donations since this story came out about him (apparently the woman has actual evidence, oh and one of his children), not to mention al the GOP politicians who still vociferously support him and have spoken at his rallies, should tell us everything we need to know about how Republicans really feel about abortion and saving babies. :rolleyes:

"Even national anti-abortion groups like the Susan B. Anthony List are sticking with Walker and standing by their endorsement of him. In a statement yesterday, the group said, "Herschel Walker wants to protect unborn children while Raphael Warnock wants to see them die through unlimited abortion."

Herschel Walker has raised over $500,000 since abortion story
Republicans throw support behind Herschel Walker after abortion denial

“What I’m about to say is in no means a contradiction or a compromise of a principle. And please keep in mind that I am concerned about one thing, and one thing only at this point. I don’t care if Herschel Walker paid to abort endangered baby eagles. I want control of the Senate,” said Dana Loesch, a conservative radio host and former spokesperson of the National Rifle Association."
Republicans throw support behind Herschel Walker after abortion denial

Here's what his son had to say about him:

"Meanwhile, in a series of Twitter posts after The Daily Beast story published, Walker’s adult son Christian accused his father of lying and threatening violence against family members.

“Every family member of Herschel Walker asked him not to run for office, because we all knew (some of) his past. Every single one. He decided to give us the middle finger and air out all of his dirty laundry in public, while simultaneously lying about it,” Christian Walker tweeted."
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/05/her...georgia-senate-campaign-raised-over-500k.html

"Christian Walker attacked his father’s “family values” image saying he has “four kids with four different women” but wasn’t around to raise any of them and instead was “having sex with other women” ..."
Amazon’s October Prime Day Is Almost Over—Here Are 40 Of The Best Deals