• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pro Choice or Pro Life (Survey)

Pro Choice or Pro Life

• I'm pro choice for vaccination and abortion

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • I'm pro life for vaccination and abortion

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I'm a hypocrite

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters

KW

Simply by the fact that it requires the suspension of bodily autonomy of the pregnant person. Mandated vaccines could have saved millions of lives during the pandemic. We didn't do that because people have a right to bodily autonomy. It's the same thing. That's what this thread is about.

Inconvenience is not an excuse for killing.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
When do you think they do constitute a person?

Every human being now living in the world was once for cells.

If the four cells that grew into who you are today were killed, you would have been killed.

Preventing an abortion saves a human life.
See my post #38.
The four cells that started "me" ? I suspect at four cells I wasn't conscious so that is irrelevant.

KW

See my post #38.
The four cells that started "me" ? I suspect at four cells I wasn't conscious so that is irrelevant.

It is relevant, because had you been killed at that point you wouldn't be here advocating for the death of others.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I am not sure I understand.
Let me take a step back: When you say you are pro-life I take it you are opposed to abortion in a way that the right to life takes precendence over the woman's bodily autonomy. Why would then the right to life not take precedence when it comes down to mask mandates?

Pro-life is my personal view. That doesn't mean I want the government to enforce my personal view on everyone.
However, if a majority decide a ban on abortion should be enforced, that just happens to support my personal view.

Personally I wouldn't wear a mask, except if I was sick, in which case I'd simply isolate myself, or if I had to be around people who were vulnerable. Which for me seems pretty easy to avoid.
However, since state authorities said otherwise, I followed the law.

I suspect the problem is less about whether I'm consistent and more whether the laws are consistent. Not my fault if the majority of voters can't be consistent.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I'm a hypocrite.

Because an abortion impacts the woman having it, the fetus, and the immediate family actively involved only.

Whereas the lack of vaccination impacts society and the community at large.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
No. It's my responsibility.

If I see someone sneezing enough times, ill just avoid the person.

It's a shame that by that point you've already been exposed to it, and are at risk. (a sneeze is several hundred mph, and spreads almost immediately).

If only there was something you could take to lessen your chance of contraction of the disease, by mild exposure. Hmmmm

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I'll leave that to the medical professionals. Certainly more than four, imo. Four cells is not a person.

I guess my point is, is there a possibility for a compromise?
Nobody gets exactly what they want but terms acceptable to a majority can be agreed on?

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Pro-life is my personal view. That doesn't mean I want the government to enforce my personal view on everyone.
However, if a majority decide a ban on abortion should be enforced, that just happens to support my personal view.

Personally I wouldn't wear a mask, except if I was sick, in which case I'd simply isolate myself, or if I had to be around people who were vulnerable. Which for me seems pretty easy to avoid.
However, since state authorities said otherwise, I followed the law.

I suspect the problem is less about whether I'm consistent and more whether the laws are consistent. Not my fault if the majority of voters can't be consistent.

Are you opposed to the law in general, as in having things enforced against others' will?
If not, why specifically on abortion and mask mandates?

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
To clear things up, in both cases the question is to be interpreted as being reasonable. Of course people with medical problems shouldn't be forced to take the vaccine and likewise people with medical problems shouldn't be forced to give birth. Think about a law with reasonable exceptions for both cases.

I haven't looked at the other responses, I'm just responding to the OP.

Your poll commits several logical fallacies: false dilemmas and "apples to oranges" comparisons.

Last edited:

KW

"My right to swing my arms doesn't end at the tip of your nose. If you don't want to get hit, it's your responsibility to move your face."

That has nothing to do with vaccination. If you think vaccines work get vaccinated. I think they work in most cases but I'm not convinced the Covid vaccine does much good and they are finding out more about the damage it can do all the time.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Are you opposed to the law in general, as in having things enforced against others' will?
If not, why specifically on abortion and mask mandates?

Yes, I'm basically an anarchist at heart.
I see all laws as a matter of compromise. A necessary evil.

Any of your property, any pursuit of your happiness, as long as it ain't impinging on my pursuit of happiness would be completely safe around me.
Unfortunately, this is not true of everyone.

I see it as my responsibility to deal with, in any manner I see fit, if you go about impinging on my pursuit of happiness. I'd rather the government stay out of it.
Probably not, but in some rare cases, it might be better that you have government protection.