• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pro Choice or Pro Life (Survey)

Pro Choice or Pro Life

• I'm pro choice for vaccination and abortion

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • I'm pro life for vaccination and abortion

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I'm a hypocrite

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters

Heyo

Veteran Member
Just a little survey on a question that seems to occupy many:

There have been in the recent past and are now two issues regarding choice and life.
There was a vocal minority (?) that insisted on their bodily autonomy and wouldn't get vaccinated even so it would have helped to stop the spread of a deadly disease that killed millions. Were you team pro choice or team pro life?
There is a vocal minority that insists other people should be stripped of their right to bodily autonomy to save one life. Are you team pro choice or are you team pro life?

To clear things up, in both cases the question is to be interpreted as being reasonable. Of course people with medical problems shouldn't be forced to take the vaccine and likewise people with medical problems shouldn't be forced to give birth. Think about a law with reasonable exceptions for both cases.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

There have been in the recent past and are now two issues regarding choice and life.
There was a vocal minority (?) that insisted on their bodily autonomy and wouldn't get vaccinated even so it would have helped to stop the spread of a deadly disease that killed millions. Were you team pro choice or team pro life?
There is a vocal minority that insists other people should be stripped of their right to bodily autonomy to save one life. Are you team pro choice or are you team pro life?

To clear things up, in both cases the question is to be interpreted as being reasonable. Of course people with medical problems shouldn't be forced to take the vaccine and likewise people with medical problems shouldn't be forced to give birth. Think about a law with reasonable exceptions for both cases.

Pro-life
Anti-bans and or mandates.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

I'm pro choice for both. Nobody should be forced to give birth or have a needle stuck in their arm against their will.

That being said, the right not to be vaccinated against your will doesn't automatically entail a right to infect other people. A person who chooses not to be vaccinated isn't entitled to, say, keep their in-person job, or to enter a store that has curbside pickup.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Voted "I'm a hypocrite" because there is a big difference between the two options

Being pro-choice for abortions, is about allowing women/families making a decision that only affects them/their family.
Being against pro-choice with vaccines is about ensuring that you cannot come into contact with some conspiracy theorist who refuses the vaccine, catches covid and is passing it onto everyone they meet/come into contact with. I accept that there are some people who can't have vaccines for medical reasons but these same people are usually needing to self-isolate and do so.

Last edited:

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Voted "I'm a hypocrite" because there is a big difference between the two optionspro-choice

Being pro-choice for abortions, is about allowing women/families making a decision that only affects them/their family.
Being against pro-choice with vaccines is about ensuring that you cannot come into contact with some conspiracy theorist who refuses the vaccine, catches covid and is passing it onto everyone they meet/come into contact with. I accept that there are some people who can't have vaccines for medical reasons but these same people are usually needing to self-isolate and do so.
What if those who refused the vaccine were rounded up and put on an island in the middle of nowhere? Reasonable? ;)

Heyo

Veteran Member
Voted "I'm a hypocrite" because there is a big difference between the two optionspro-choice

Thanks for your honesty. I was on the brink several times myself.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

No hypocrisy. One can be pro life and pro choice together.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I'm pro choice for both. Nobody should be forced to give birth or have a needle stuck in their arm against their will.

That being said, the right not to be vaccinated against your will doesn't automatically entail a right to infect other people. A person who chooses not to be vaccinated isn't entitled to, say, keep their in-person job, or to enter a store that has curbside pickup.
The responsibility for preventing infection is you. Not someone else.

KW

I'm pro death for viruses. Pro life for human babies.

I don't think the government should force a person to take a medicine.

I don't think a person should be allowed to kill another innocent person.

Koldo

Outstanding Member

It is complicated. :D

I support the right to early abortions, but not late abortions.
I support the right not to be vaccinated, but it depends on what we are dealing with (How high is the death rate? Are we talking about 0,0001% or 10%? How many people are going to get infected?)

KW

Families don't get to decide to kill in a civil society.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I'm pro death for viruses. Pro life for human babies.

I don't think the government should force a person to take a medicine.

I don't think a person should be allowed to kill another innocent person.
So am I.
But I think you got your nomenclature in a twist there. A fetus is neither a baby nor a person.
What you really wanted to say was "I'm against the government taking away my right to bodily autonomy but I'm for the government taking away a pregnant person's right to bodily autonomy". Am I right?