• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pro Choice or Pro Life (Survey)

Pro Choice or Pro Life

• I'm pro choice for vaccination and abortion

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • I'm pro life for vaccination and abortion

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I'm a hypocrite

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Voted "I'm a hypocrite" because there is a big difference between the two optionspro-choice

Being pro-choice for abortions, is about allowing women/families making a decision that only affects them/their family.
Being against pro-choice with vaccines is about ensuring that you cannot come into contact with some conspiracy theorist who refuses the vaccine, catches covid and is passing it onto everyone they meet/come into contact with. I accept that there are some people who can't have vaccines for medical reasons but these same people are usually needing to self-isolate and do so.

^^^THIS^^^​

Koldo

Outstanding Member
No. It's my responsibility.

If I see someone sneezing enough times, ill just avoid the person.

What?
Do you also think that manufacturers are not responsible if the product you have just bought is not working properly?
Do you just accept that **** happens and moves on? Or do you hold them responsible and demand a solution?

KW

I'd feel a bit hypocritical if I were for mandated vaccines but not against a woman's bodily autonomy. I could justify it, but it would feel wrong anyway.

The unborn baby has a body.

KW

So am I.
But I think you got your nomenclature in a twist there. A fetus is neither a baby nor a person.
What you really wanted to say was "I'm against the government taking away my right to bodily autonomy but I'm for the government taking away a pregnant person's right to bodily autonomy". Am I right?

A fetus is a human being with unique DNA. It is a person.

If you prevent an abortion, you save a human life.

KW

Very bad analogy. Do you know why slaves couldn't get passports? Because they were not seen as persons.

Exactly. But they were persons just as an unborn baby is a person.

You fell into that one.

I don't understand how anyone can justify the slaughter of an unborn human being.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
an unborn baby is a person

These four cells do not constitute a person.

9B6BFD03-B8C1-4839-90AB-7274E3967689.jpeg

Heyo

Veteran Member
I don't understand how anyone can justify the slaughter of an unborn human being.
Simply by the fact that it requires the suspension of bodily autonomy of the pregnant person. Mandated vaccines could have saved millions of lives during the pandemic. We didn't do that because people have a right to bodily autonomy. It's the same thing. That's what this thread is about.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I am intrigued. How do you reconcile that?

Democratically.
A majority chooses representatives which enact laws.
I may not agree with these laws for moral reasons or otherwise.
However I accept the need for enforcement of laws enacted by a "pseudo" majority, even the laws I don't agree with for the sake of civilized society.

If I disagree with a law enough then it is up to me to work with others to get the law changed. It may not always work because my view may not be the view of the majority.
I accept the need for bans and mandates even though I don't like them.

So basically I do what I feel is right within the scope of the law.

IOW I don't like the government telling me what to do. I don't like using the government to tell other people what to do.

I accept however, this is sometimes necessary. Democracy overrules my personal moral values.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Democratically.
A majority chooses representatives which enact laws.
I may not agree with these laws for moral reasons or otherwise.
However I accept the need for enforcement of laws enacted by a "pseudo" majority, even the laws I don't agree with for the sake of civilized society.

If I disagree with a law enough then it is up to me to work with others to get the law changed. It may not always work because my view may not be the view of the majority.
I accept the need for bans and mandates even though I don't like them.

So basically I do what I feel is right within the scope of the law.

IOW I don't like the government telling me what to do. I don't like using the government to tell other people what to do.

I accept however, this is sometimes necessary. Democracy overrules my personal moral values.

I am not sure I understand.
Let me take a step back: When you say you are pro-life I take it you are opposed to abortion in a way that the right to life takes precendence over the woman's bodily autonomy. Why would then the right to life not take precedence when it comes down to mask mandates?