• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Primordial Soup

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
I just find it odd that it only took a billion years for dna to form after the earth first formed.
How are you coming to your conclusion about the time it took DNA to form? What is the basis of your claim?

King Phenomenon

"Only"? Aren't you aware that is slightly older than I am? ;)
Then after dna first came on the scene it took 5 billion years for humans to develop. One would think the evolution of DNA is more complex and time consuming than the evolution of the rest. ie. Plants, animals, and humans

King Phenomenon

"Only"? Aren't you aware that is slightly older than I am? ;)
Maybe the scientists who hypothesis that the earth was seeded by DNA from another planet are correct. Cuz I think it would take a lot longer than a billion years for DNA to come to be after the formation of a planet. I find this ‘seeding’ theory doubtful though.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Then after dna first came on the scene it took 5 billion years for humans to develop. One would think the evolution of DNA is more complex and time consuming than the evolution of the rest. ie. Plants, animals, and humans
What makes you say that? What evidence or experience are you basing that on?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe the scientists who hypothesis that the earth was seeded by DNA from another planet are correct. Cuz I think it would take a lot longer than a billion years for DNA to come to be after the formation of a planet. I find this ‘seeding’ theory doubtful though.
Many years ago, I was part of a project to analyze and characterize a batch of different chemicals to determine what they were. We had to scrap the project and start all over, because the chemicals all polymerized naturally making analysis nearly impossible.

Back in the 1950's, it was discovered in a chemical waste dump in Colorado, that all the chemicals and conditions in it had lead to the spontaneous formation of herbicidal compounds that had never been dumped there.

Chemistry occurs when the conditions and substrates are available.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Life of course uses existing chemicals and of them them is silicon. It is a very large part of soil since soil is partially made up of sediments which are often almost all silicates. But the problem for believers in dirt magic, like you, is that the percentages are incredibly far off. Where silicon is gong to be one of the most common elements in dirt, very possibly second after oxygen, it is observed as only a trace element in the human body. So man is clearly not made of dirt, or mud, or soil as in your myths.
As it had been said, when a person does, his body may disintegrate. Have a good one. Do you think the body doesn't dissolve or disintegrate when it does? Yes, the body goes back to ...how about the whatever for abiogenesis?

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
I don't know enough to make that claim, but there's more theories about hpw life started than the primordial soup one. With panspermia, life is introduced from outside the earth, for instance

King Phenomenon

I don't know enough to make that claim, but there's more theories about hpw life started than the primordial soup one. With panspermia, life is introduced from outside the earth, for instance
DNA probably cuz for it to come into being in 1 billion yrs on earth is unlikely. I have big doubts about panspermia though.

Astrophile

It actually seems the most likely. What are the alternatives...

Aliens seeded the planet? Given interstellar distances an extremely unlikely scenario
Not only is it an extremely unlikely scenario in view of interstellar distances but it raises the question where the aliens came from.