• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Joe Biden Declares Easter Sunday As Transgender Day Of Visibility

Clizby Wampuscat

Why are conservatives so bent out of shape about trans people and their personal perspective? It reminds me of all those far right republicans who attacked gays, and then turned out being gay themselves. Could it be that those conservatives attacking trans people are telling us something about themselves?

Yeah, how about them acting more like Jesus.
Maybe not, I would prefer them act like moral, compassionate and empathetic humans. Lk 45-48, for example, Jesus accepts slavery as a norm and uses it to make a point in a parable instead of saying "knock off the slavery stuff, it is bad".

F1fan

Veteran Member
Maybe not, I would prefer them act like moral, compassionate and empathetic humans. Lk 45-48, for example, Jesus accepts slavery as a norm and uses it to make a point in a parable instead of saying "knock off the slavery stuff, it is bad".
So the Confederates were on the side of God afterall?

How do you ignore the Sermon on the Mount? Does your selective reading give us insight on how conservatives read the Bible, only bits that confirm their attitudes and bias?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Why are conservatives so bent out of shape about trans people and their personal perspective? It reminds me of all those far right republicans who attacked gays, and then turned out being gay themselves. Could it be that those conservatives attacking trans people are telling us something about themselves?

Yeah, how about them acting more like Jesus.
Alas, they are...
201325-sunglasses.gif

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

How do you ignore the Sermon on the Mount? Does your selective reading give us insight on how conservatives read the Bible, only bits that confirm their attitudes and bias?
Parts of the Sermon on the Mount are pretty awful. And a lot of it is awful unless God exists (and is reliable).

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It happened on his watch!

(I'll let the "runber" go....this time.)

As i said, he runber (rubber) stamped it.

But feel free to blame who you want if it makes you feel better. Conspiracy theories are coming thicker and faster

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there
Too bad both were not celebrated. Only one this year.

What do you expect people to think?

Even the American Egg Board had to get involved to debunk the fake news!

The amount of fake news, disinformation and misinformation (intentional or inadvertent) out there is staggering.

VoidCat

Use any and all pronouns including neo and it/it's
Which are those? I'm not seeing most of them on any official list.

The military gets 12 days, 1 week, and 2 months.

Children and families get 4 days, 1 week, and 7 months.

This is a list of observances worldwide and locally. Here's the thing....look at the reasons each day or month is honored. Not all are happy holidays.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
As i said, he runber (rubber) stamped it.

But feel free to blame who you want if it makes you feel better. Conspiracy theories are coming thicker and faster
The weather also happened on Biden's watch.
Sunspots too.
You can try to excuse or exculpate him,
but facts are facts! (Like today's date.)

Last edited:

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there
Youtube is far better than facebook by the way.

I'm sorry to say it's really not. Two wings of the same bird.

From the book, regarding unrest fomented in Chemnitz, Germany against immigrants that was powered by fake news on YouTube:

Asked how many steps it would take, on average, for a YouTube viewer who pulled up a Chemnitz news clip to find themselves watching far-right propaganda, Serrato answered, "only two.'" He added, "By the second, you're quite knee-deep in the alt right."​
Recommendations rarely led users back to mainstream news coverage, or to liberal or apolitical content of any kind. Once among extremists the algorithm tended to stay there, as if that had been the destination all along. . . .​
. . . . YouTube, rather than activating a preexisting community with a preexisting identity, had created one out of nothing. It had built the network on its systems, pulled it together with a shared reality and beliefs, then willed it into the world, all in a matter of days. This was something much deeper than even the Facebook-inspired vigilante violence I'd seen in the country just a few months earlier.​

Youtube was how I ever watched any Stewart or Colbert. Its got everybody. I may be unusual in that I am very knowledgeable about algorithms compared to the average person, and I know what life is like without the internet. I know when the algorithm is trying to find out what I think; but I don't think it takes that much intelligence to control one's youtube feed. I think its pretty navigable. If anything the main complaint is that whatever you watch it tries to give you more of.

For example I watch 1 video by Alexander James. Now youtube thinks I hate all women, so its hooking me up with videos about how terrible women are and also feminist videos. Its weird that way; but that is so much better than fb would be. I watch part of one The Young Turks and its going to try to send me a bunch of other things people like who watch lots of that. So in that respect its a bit too much.

YouTube's algorithm works by engagement. Whether you're just curious (how users initially get pulled in) about what the recommendation algorithm has offered up, or whether you agree or disagree or are doing research - it doesn't matter. You clicked, you get more. And the fringe is pushed to the front incessantly - small channels without a lot of followers getting massive view counts.

Your observation about YouTube thinking you hate all women - just bears that out. It's gonna keep pushing fringe at you, to keep you engaged. That's all it cares about. That's how you get from CNN to Alex Jones in just a few clicks. You're aware, that's good. But most people aren't.

I put that book on my wishlist last time you mentioned it. It seems something I may suggest to my group as a reading.

@anna. Tell me more about this book, please.

Thank you both for your interest! I'll post a thread as soon as I pull some book excerpts together and sorry if I sound like a zealot by repeating how important I believe this book to be for anyone spending time online involved in politics or politics-adjacent content - or - who wants to understand more about the thinking of people who've gone from being normal to just this side of insane-land in their conspiracy beliefs and political/social views.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The fact he did not choose the date is glaring, even fox gave admitted that
Obviously, the traitor Fox News
is now opposing Trump to corrupt
the upcoming election. The only
question is whether they serve
Satan or Marx.
Open your eyes, komrad!

Clizby Wampuscat

I am not ignoring the sermon on the mount. I think anyone that reads the bible reads it with bias. The liberal christians ignore god's irrational wrath and such. It is not a coherent book.

There are problems with the sermon on the mount. Bad advice for lust, divorce and saving for your future for example.