• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Hillary?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Right now, I predect 2008 elections will be between Clinton and McCain. Im not sure who I would vote for as of now. Im one of those that think Clinton was a good president, who was also on a leash that his wife was controling. I also have respect for McCain. But then again, I live in Indiana, and most likly will still be in Indiana in 2008, so it doesn't matter who I vote for, because the Republican will win.

Saw11_2000

Fortunately, I don't think Clinton has a chance.

McCain in 2008, I don't think so.

AHHHNOLD...maybe...if they change the laws. I WANT AHHHNOLD!

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
Saw11_2000 said:
...He could bite the head off of political opponents!
Without a Constitutional amendment, neither Ahnold nor Ozzy is eligible to run,
but that would make for more interesting televised debates.:p

Saw11_2000

CaptainXeroid said:
Without a Constitutional amendment, neither Ahnold nor Ozzy is eligible to run,
but that would make for more interesting televised debates.:p
If I have to I'll go and amend the constitution myself.

tkdrocks

Mellowing with Age
NetDoc said:
The Rush factor at work...

Those of you who have no real reason to dislike Hillary except that she "rubs" you the wrong way have fallen prey to Rush tactics of character assassination.

tkdrocks,

what cost has she paid? No more than your average senator.

A man with ambitions is tolerated. But let a woman aspire to anything more than being a house wife and she is a biatch throwing all caution to the wind and is seeking power at just about any cost.

Excuse me while I puke. Bigotry against women is just as bad as against any race or religion.

Now get this... if McCain runs he is getting my vote. But it's not because of any misconcieved notions about Hillary based on right wing phobias about a woman having some legitimate power.
Woah! I have been labeled as a bigot because I do not support a particular woman for president. That is like saying that I am anti-christian for being critical of Pat Robertson.;)

I hope you are better able to keep your food down NetDoc.

What cost? How about her own personal reputation. Her husband has made no secret of his sexual exploitations. What about the cost to the American voter. Hillary is in the process of remaking herself as more 'conservative'. Oh yeah! I do not like it when men do that either.

Of the current list of candidates that I would vote for, I cannot think of anyone male or female. I would probably vote for Elizabeth Dole if she ran, however. She does qualify as a woman right NetDoc?:D

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
"The Antichrist is probably a Jew alive in Israel today."

I think that about sums up what's wrong with Pat Robertson.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
It seems in modern time USA you limit your choices for a president by the sheer cost. and that the most important factor is to be able raise that finance.
We in the Uk have had some strange Primeministers but at least their ability to raise cash is not a factor. You seem to specialize on strange choices (From my point of view)
Clinton was certainly an intelligent if not gifted man but had his own special weakness, which may not even have been noticed in say France.
Reagan was certainly good hearted for a right wing sort of guy. but hardly very bright.
The Bushes seem to be neither bright nor good hearted.
Fortunately I can watch from afar and only get the international fallout, and that is bad enough. At least I don't have to live with it all the time.
The americans I meet over here seem such nice and reasonable people that I can't understand how they end up with such a poor bunch to chose from.

Terry

tkdrocks

Mellowing with Age
Mister Emu said:
Sorry for going off-topic. What is wrong with Pat Robertson?
That is indeed a large independent topic. The point is Pat Robertson is one Christian with a specific point of view. He does not represent all of Christianity any more than Hillary represents all women.

On a side note. I have watched my parents give a good portion of their income to Pat Robertson and barely survive financially. I am not a fan of his.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Terrywoodenpic said:
The americans I meet over here seem such nice and reasonable people that I can't understand how they end up with such a poor bunch to chose from.
Sheer political genius on our part, I suppose.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
So tkdrocks...

you are going to "judge" how much she has sacrificed by what her husband has done?

Please... you made the contention that she has made excessive concessions for fame and fortune. You have YET to show just how she has done this. I contend you have listened to the Republican propaganda machine a bit too much my friend.

And I never called you a bigot. But if the shoe fits, you are more than welcome to it.

tkdrocks

Mellowing with Age
NetDoc said:
So tkdrocks...

you are going to "judge" how much she has sacrificed by what her husband has done?

Please... you made the contention that she has made excessive concessions for fame and fortune. You have YET to show just how she has done this. I contend you have listened to the Republican propaganda machine a bit too much my friend.

And I never called you a bigot. But if the shoe fits, you are more than welcome to it.
I am not about to get into name calling here. Since you know nothing of my political opinion or influences, I would appreciate it if you did not make assumptions.

If I must reveal a source, it would be that of Dick Morris (the former political advisor of the Clintons). I have no desire to get into Hillary bashing either. I only put in my opinion about why I would not vote for her.

Now, I will ask a question: What are Hillary's accomplishments as a Senator? Please list the legislation that she has authored or even assisted with. I think it would be more fair to judge a candidate on their record over sound bytes.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Yo man,

I already said in another post that I would vote for McCain FIRST. But this is not out of some misguided bull crap that she has sold her soul to the devil to gain power and influence. The only thing that stops your venomous accusation from being outright libelous is that she IS a politician. I have CALLED you on this contention and so far you have blamed her husband (guilt by association) and have appealed to a dubious higher authority, yet without any details as to her eggregious sins.

I sincerely believe that you can tell a tree by it's fruit. In this respect you are merely a pawn for the Rush Limbaughs of the world, who's only goal is to SMEAR the names of their political enemies. I would offer to buy you one of his ties to show your allegience to smear campaigns but I refuse to support someone who's sole purpose is to create cash flow by assassinating someone else's character. Of course it is your right free to hate freely and to help keep politics mean spirited; that's your choice. In the same vein, I am allowed to expose such attempts to impugn the honor of ANY candidate merely because the Republican spin factory feels they have a right to do so.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
Lol, a woman president - that's adorable.

(i'm only kidding by the way, Family Guy rip-off)

Seriously though, i don't see America getting a female president for a long time, if ever - you're a lot more conservative in your views than us over the pond. Saying that though, we've only had one female PM, but she did last 11 years - and then went a bit... odd.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Sunstone said:
I can understand that, Katzpur. I have a visceral negative reaction to President Bush that I haven't experienced with any other president. And I split my ticket too. But I can't explain why I have such a negative reaction to Bush. I experienced it almost from the first time I heard him speak.
Well, it's nice to know that somebody relates to what I'm trying to explain. I know what you're saying about Bush, too. Actually, I vascilated back and forth between him and Kerry almost until I walked into the voting booth. I remember seeing a license plate holder during the campaign that made me laugh because it expressed my viewpoint so perfectly. It said, "Somebody else for President."

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Saw11_2000 said:
Or Mitt Romney.
I personally don't think Mitt stands much of a chance. There are a lot more Mormon-haters out there than there are women-haters. In fact, in a recent poll, 17% of all respondants said they would never vote for a Mormon under any circumstances.