• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Hillary?

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
People don't respect her after what a laughing her husband made the US. It is hilarious to even consider that after all the US has been going through, they would stick another 'circus' in the Office.
And Bush has improved the world's opinion of the USA?

We are in the middle of a War people, and figures almost always drop during a war or any other recession. Economical sags as well as boosts do the same. Numbers that are down now, May be back up in six months. It's not written is stone.
Let's stop to think about why we're in this war...

WMD? Lies? Bush!

Natas

Stormygale says "You must admit that NO presidency is without fault. You have only listed figures that show the upside of things. You probably got it off of some 'For Clinton Blog' or something. "

The sources are clearly stated.

"Figures that are FOR Bush are out there, too."

If you have some disputing these figures, I'd be happy to have a look. Can you supply a link?

"We are in the middle of a War people, and figures almost always drop during a war or any other recession. Economical sags as well as boosts do the same. Numbers that are down now, May be back up in six months. It's not written is stone."

All these figures were for annual amounts.

"Every president comes in with new ideas. Some like Health Care might work or not work. That is perhaps part of what is to blame now. Presidents are not perfect. Clinton had his faults. Bush has his faults. Doesn't mean a thing...."

I'd have to disagree on this point. As humans we all have faults, but is a person who is overly sexual in public office comparable to one that knowingly takes his country into war using false pretenses? I don't think so.

"All Prez Hill can do is run around and speak for things that make her feel big, and that sound good to the liberal Americans. "

Last I heard she was still a Senator.

"If all of you want the world to set in their homes and laugh at us because the wife of a recent Prez gets in office, who could not keep his drawers zipped up, and keep cigars out of ....well, can go on ahead and 'hoot' for Hill."

I would say it might be better for them to laugh at us then to hate us, but for that matter, who's to say they aren't laughing at us now? Maybe they enjoy reading the Bushisms on the net.

" But, I for one, would rather another person totally new to get in office and get these darned Clinton's out of the picture."

The same could be said for the Bush family.

" Clinton was making a laughing stalk of himself and me when he was 'screwing' around, and belonged handling the mess in Iraq for himself."

Not sure what your point is here.

"Because of him, and even Bush SR., the trouble we are having in Iraq had to be passed on to another Prez, sooner or later. It just happened in the third Office after it all began."

Well, given the present rate of the war in Iraq, this mess will most likely be passed on to another prez also.

Melody

Hillary is putting a few stakes in her coffin. I heard on the news this morning that she supports college tuition relief for people who have entered the country illegally.

Uh...excuse me...but I'm a part of the middle class and before we start supporting tuition relief for illegal aliens, let's make sure our own citizens are taken care of. If you're rich, you have the money to send your kids to college. If you're poor, their college is paid for by grants based on economic need.

If you're middle class, you make too much for the grants but if you're putting more than one child through college, the costs can bankrupt you.

Hillary just lost my vote.

Theodore

Hillary only wants to be president for the power and glory of it all. She is a radical liberal at heart, despite the phony recent slide to the right.
Hilary's chances are thankfully slim at best. Besides, she already had her 8 years in the Whitehouse.

Natas

Melody said:
Hillary is putting a few stakes in her coffin. I heard on the news this morning that she supports college tuition relief for people who have entered the country illegally.

Uh...excuse me...but I'm a part of the middle class and before we start supporting tuition relief for illegal aliens, let's make sure our own citizens are taken care of. If you're rich, you have the money to send your kids to college. If you're poor, their college is paid for by grants based on economic need.

If you're middle class, you make too much for the grants but if you're putting more than one child through college, the costs can bankrupt you.

Hillary just lost my vote.
The bill you are refering to is Senate Bill 1545, or so called
D.R.E.A.M.(Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors) act.
Sponsered by Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah. Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton is only 1 of 47 co-sponsers of this bill.
Bill Summary & Status for the 108th Congress

"The United States should vigilantly protect its borders and enforce its immigration laws. The consequence of illegal entry or overstaying a visa should be deportation. Illegal immigrants who have eluded authorities should not be rewarded with blanket amnesty. At the same time, America's immigration policy must also be sufficiently flexible so that our firm stance against illegal immigration does not undermine our other national interests. The Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors (DREAM) Act represents a common-sense approach to our immigration policy."

"Thousands of children of undocumented immigrants have graduated from our high schools. Most came to America as children, playing no part in the decision to enter the United States, and may not even know they are here illegally. A great many grow up to become honest and hardworking young adults who are loyal to our country and who strive for academic and professional excellence. It is a mistake to lump these children together with adults who knowingly crossed our borders illegally. Instead, the better policy is to view them as the valuable resource that they are for our nation's future." PURPOSE AND NEED FOR S. 1545

The bill has been further amended to state...

"The beneficiary shall not be eligible for disbursement of funds, such as Pell Grants or other grants or scholarships, which do not require repayment." See The Hatch-Durbin Substitute to S. 1545, as amended by the Grassley-Feinstein Amendment

While I do agree with your point that the middle class is being squeezed by tuition cost, I think that Hillary shouldn't bear the brunt of your wrath.