• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Present arguments for atheism

Yerda

Veteran Member
Theism is either incoherent or unwarranted by the evidence in my experience.

Edit: I suppose that's more of a statement than an argument but I don't really want to argue.

Deidre

Coming from that side of the fence, atheists don't have the burden to present a negative, theists have the burden to present why they believe. ;)

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
The reason for this is unambiguous to us reality based people. There is no God who cares enough about what we humans do or believe to clearly tell us what it is. He expects us to blindly choose from the plethora of humans claiming to speak for Him. Given this unassailable fact of human existence there is no reason to believe that any particular theistic system is any more than humans kidding themselves about how smart and informed they are, including you.
Present your argument for atheism.
The undeniable fact that there is no god who cares enough about what we do or believe to tell us clearly what it is.
Tom

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Present your argument for atheism.
I've lived as if no gods exist for my entire life and I've never had my expectations violated in a way that would suggest I was wrong.

If this is also true for theists, then the difference between our mental models doesn't add anything to the quality of those models... IOW, gods are irrelevant to what we see, feel and experience.

... and an irrelevant god doesn't mesh up with any god-claim I've ever heard of.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
My argument for atheism......
- There's no reason to believe in unverifiable things.
- I've no scripture to memorize or figure out.
- I can....
Sleep in on Sunday.
Draw a picture of Muhammad on Monday.
Feed Ganesh a peanut on Tuesday.
Drink whisky on Wednesday.
Blaspheme on Thursday.
Eat bacon on Friday.
Use an elevator on Saturday.

Last edited:

freethinker44

The situation is like escaping from a bear: I don't have to run faster than the bear, I just have to run faster then you.

If theists cannot present a convincing case for their position, there is no work left for atheists to do.
Never thought of it like that. I like it, and I'm going to steal it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I met God and he told me, in no uncertain terms, that God neither exists nor doesn't.
That was good enough for me.
Still, I need to verify your claim.
1) How many digits did God have per hand?
(When 4-digited Homer Simpson met him, he had 5....as does they typical cisfingered human.)
2) Were his fingernails clean & trim?