• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Popeyesays has passed away

Adib

Lover of World Religions
I randomly came across Scott's blog tonight and just saw comment number four on his latest entry:

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=6766114384344375220&postID=4635143697919602101

I will reproduce said comment below:

Hello,my name is Tahira Saylors. Scott Saylors is my father. I want to let everyone who is reading this know that my father passed away on March 5, 2009. There won't be any sequels to his books or any more blog postings. Thank you very much.​

This came as a total shock to me. He was such an intelligent and wonderful person and I believe he was only 61. However, I do recall him suffering from a stroke late last year.

God rest your soul, Scott.

Cordoba

That is very sad news

I remember him from the forum as a very good person, with many interesting ideas

May God be with his family

Ameen

kai

ragamuffin
I am shocked by this news i have had many debates( thats putting it politely) with scott and did indeed wonder where he was to lately.

How sad!

Peace Scott

Kai

arthra

Baha'i
Scott was a good friend even though we only corresponded on the internet over the past years since around 2005 or so on three interfaith forums.. He will be missed. He is embarking on the great pilgrimage. He will enter the Garden of Happiness and he will behold the Splendours of God on the loftiest mount:

O my God! O Thou forgiver of sins, bestower of gifts, dispeller of afflictions!
Verily, I beseech Thee to forgive the sins of such as have abandoned the physical garment and have ascended to the spiritual world.
O my Lord! Purify them from trespasses, dispel their sorrows, and change their darkness into light. Cause them to enter the garden of happiness, cleanse them with the most pure water, and grant them to behold Thy splendors on the loftiest mount.

- 'Abdu'l-Bahá

(Compilations, Baha'i Prayers, p. 44)

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
I am very sorry to hear this news.....when I first came on the forum he was one of the first people I did a couple of pm's with...I had an acquaintance that lived in his area and he was trying to help me contact them.....I remember when he said he had a stroke last year and then I believe he made a post or so after that and I have wondered from time to time how he was doing.....I hope he has the peace he deserves and that his family finds great comfort from their sorrow.....

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
Sad news indeed. I remember Scott as always polite in answering questions even in heated debates. He was unwavering in his beliefs, but he had an easy-going personality - never let arguments upset him. A fine example for all of us and a strong voice for the Baha'i on RF, he will be missed.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
I am very sad to hear this.
frown.gif
I wish his family the best in such a difficult time.

I remember his posts were some of the first I read when I was first browsing the forum. I had always enjoyed reading what he had to say and him sharing his insight. I also recall seeing his profile picture for the first time and remembering what a gentle face he had. You will be missed Scott.

I'm pretty sure we can put some kind of memorial together for him on the forum. I'll let everyone know the details in a day or so.

Jeremy Mason

AHHHH MAN! He was a very intelligent man and I enjoyed all the debates I had with him. RF has definitely lost one of it's highly respect theologians.

Comicaze247

See the previous line
I think I remember reading one or two posts from him, but I never knew him. But from what everyone is saying, it seems I missed out on a great, intelligent poster. I'm sorry for the loss.

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
I am sad to know that Scott would no longer be in the midst of our Forum. Once, speaking to him on Islam, I made the following proposition:

“... the greatest flaw of Islam is its contention that the Creator and the created are separate. They are not separate for the simple reason that one cannot exist without the other. And Islam (to the best of my understanding) does not touch on the subject of the state when the twain (Creator-created) no longer exist in their respective states.”

To which he replied:

”That's an interpretation of course, I don't agree with it mind you, but it's an interpretation. I don't think it is even universal in Hinduism.”

I liked his response because he did not take any dogmatic position - which prompted me to say:

“Your response is great. You did not take a position that this is right or that is wrong. You can see all possibilities. You have indeed the universal mind. To create this mind is the purpose of religion or spirituality. Let there be and flower a thousand religions and view points. So long as we are able to have universal minds in our midst, what matters it? You are truly a spiritual man of religion.”

The Baha'i community has all the right to be proud to have had such a wonderful person as Scott in their midst. I think someone should “collect” all his writings, particularly his posts scattered in RF (he made over 6,000 posts), edit it and present it as a “book” in RF Forum, which should start a new section for such collected works of its late members.