• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pope proposes a new "sin"?

David1967

Premium Member
It's refreshing to see Christians who don't view our planet as some expendable thing to be used and abused.

On the contrary (IMHO of course) those who view the world as something to be "used and abused" are not behaving very Christ-like. I would think that Jesus would want us to be responsible stewards of His Father's creation.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
On the contrary (IMHO of course) those who view the world as something to be "used and abused" are not behaving very Christ-like. I would think that Jesus would want us to be responsible stewards of His Father's creation.
Of course, but in the U.S. Christians tend to be conservatives who view environmental concerns as hippy liberal nonsense.

Neuropteron

I saw in a number of news outlets that Pope Francis is considering adding the category of “ecological sin” to the Catholic Church’s official teachings.
I don't have a lot of details yet, but as a general idea, I like it, not in terms of adding it to a list of sins, but people need to take better care of the earth.
This is not just about religion, it affects everyone, religious or not
Any toughs?

Very commendable, but belated.
Almost two thousand years ago the Apostle John in a prophetic vision revealed God's purpose to stop those destroying the earth "...and to bring to ruin those ruining the earth".(Rev 11:18)