1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poor Little Dem's Mad: Taking Their Ball and Going Home

Discussion in 'North American Politics' started by esmith, Dec 19, 2019.

1. QuestioningMind

QuestioningMind Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,148
    Religion:
    atheist
    Your ignorance about what I'm ignorant about is truly phenomenal. Thanks once again for demonstrating as much.

2. Mr Spinkles

Ratings:
    +3,063
    Oh, to clarify, I did not mean to "argue that something is a lie" as you said above. I meant to argue that a person who lies as much as Trump loses the benefit of the doubt.

That does not mean everything he says is necessarily a lie. Some of it is surely true. He just has lost the usual benefit of the doubt that you alluded to where we chalk up an apparent falsehood to a difference of opinion, or mistake of fact, etc. That's an adult, or "big person" privilege.

To be clear, no disdain for you was intended. I must say I am surprised, since my only references to "you" were (1) I agree with you (which I said perhaps 3x) and (2) except in extraordinary cases, and Trump is an extraordinary case. I further said you would have to be blind not to see that Trump is an extraordinary case ... I said using the generic "you", as in, "one", and assuming, surely, that "you" specifically agree (and are therefore not "blind"). From my perspective, I am criticizing Trump, and supporting that criticism with facts where appropriate (I can cite more if that is an issue - let me know, I don't want to bore you with 15,000 documented lies). You seem to be taking that personally, for reasons I can't understand.

I note that you did not question the factual evidence I provided to support my view that Trump is a serial liar. Nor did you express disagreement that he is a serial liar, or try to defend Trump's honesty. Which is kind of the meat of this discussion - it's the ballgame, really. I get the feeling that you agree with me, but you don't want to agree with me. Why is that, I wonder? Wouldn't it feel so good to just ... you know ... stop defending this guy? You're so much better than him. :) So is the Republican Party. Come on in, the water's just fine ... ;)

3. Revoltingest

Revoltingest I have the kavorka
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +58,760
    Religion:
    Bokononism & Atheism
    Caution!
    Non-sequitur.....
    I dislike the insulting tone of the thread's title.

It had to be said.