• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: Who is your favorite Guru?

Who is your favorite Sikh Guru

• Total voters

Marco19

Researcher
If (and suppose it's just an assumption) you have to choose only one,
then whom you'll choose and why?

Thank you

chinu

chinu
Please let me to explain first something about "Guru" as per my very small knowledge:
"Guru" means Teacher,or master, etc.. if you are asking about Spiritual guru,or teacher, or master etc than the Q: arrieses,
Who was the spiritual teacher or guru or master ?
For Example:
As "Docter" is not the body, "Docter" is power which is working in some body,
Similerly "God" is not the body, "God" is power which works in the body, & that body is called Spiritual master or guru or teacher,
Or in the other words we can say that the power of "God" worked in the body of all ten guru's from guru nanak ji TO guru gobind ji,
If the same power worked in all ten "Guru's" (So how can we say that pirticular guru is my favorite) they all was one & the Same,
Thanks.

chinu

chinu
Who is your favorite Guru?

It is written in one of the quotes in GGS by Guru Arjun Dev ji (5th Nanak)that

" Nanak aad Angad Amar, Joti Jot Samyio,
Dhan Dhan Guru Ram dass jin paras pars milyo"

English: "I respect guru Nanak, guru Angad and guru Amardass they have merged in the light, But I honour only guru ram dass as my guru who has connected me with the light (god)"

If guru arjun dev can say i respect guru nanak, guru angad and guru amardass but i honour only guru ram dass as my guru, than "Who am i to choose one" :)

So, the person who can connect me with light (god) will only be "My favourite Guru", But this does't means i have no respect for other gurus, infact i respect each and every guru of this world like jesus, muhammed, buddha, everybody who were like them.

But the concept of passed gurus for me is like: Can a dead docter treat patient ? No! Similarly i think about gurus.:)

_/\_
Chinu

Onkara

So, the person who can connect me with light (god) will only be "My favourite Guru", But this does't means i have no respect for other gurus, infact i respect each and every guru of this world like jesus, muhammed, buddha, everybody who were like them.

But the concept of passed gurus for me is like: Can a dead docter treat patient ? No! Similarly i think about gurus.:)

_/\_
Chinu

Hello Chinu Ji
This is a good point, bro!
My take on it is that truth is eternal (timeless), truth permeates everything, there is no such thing as "Truth-proof", truth saturates everyone. Although a person can be blind or ignore the truth, it is still available. This is why the teaching of the Gurus is significant but the bodies are dead.

Likewise this is why I feel that we should not worship any body, dead or alive. Only God. We should respect all and see that "God - the True Guru" can be found in and outside of all, material and spiritual. :)