• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: Do You Recognize the Reality I’m Describing

Do you recognize this?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Here are some potential examples:

(1) You get rejected by a girl and think to yourself, “I’ll show her.”

(2) You get cut from the team and think to yourself, “I’ll show them.”

(3) You get told you can’t do something and think to yourself, “I’ll show them.”

Are these completely foreign experiences?

If not, then universalize it: You feel knocked down by life where everything is going wrong and all your desired plans seem to be rejected.
Again, where is the harm here that would require revenge?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
You have your feelings and sentiments. I have the truth.

Hahahahahahahaha

If the choice is between (a) a chance at revenge or (b) a life of quiet desperation, a man chooses (a) every time because it’s actually meaningful rather than meaningless

If that's what you call the truth I'm am fantastically pleased to be deluded

Your "Truth"... Is nothing short of a false assumption based on fake premises

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Your logic is useless for the truths hidden in the darkness.
Ugly truths hidden in the darkness of your unconscious mind? Dude, you have to own them. They're yours. Any slight or discomfort you feel from the scenarios you posted upthread are self-inflicted. Your desire for revenge is a Shadow projection on others for you hurting yourself. I would suggest you start familiarizing yourself with and honoring personal boundaries if you want to be healed from your self-inflicted wounds.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
If you can’t hold contradiction, then you can’t navigate through the story of the soul. Coherence must be sacrificed up for the promise of a deeper, more coherent truth.

The truth that gender is wed to bio-sex is the first truth held in one hand, and the truth that gender transcends bio-sex is a later truth held in the other hand.

Within the soul, there exists the masculine ideal and the feminine ideal. Both must be fully known and eventually unified at the holy wedding.

In your opinion

Treasure Hunter

Anyone who loves and cares for their soul like a parent cares for their child would go silent at the truths I’m revealing, like someone who is recollecting a long lost memory.

We were promised a new world that is just. It’s a promise written on the soul since the beginning. The good father doesn’t compromise on this promise. Rather, he advocates for his son.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Anyone who loves and cares for their soul like a parent cares for their child would go silent at the truths I’m revealing, like someone who is recollecting a long lost memory.

We were promised a new world that is just. It’s a promise written on the soul since the beginning. The good father doesn’t compromise on this promise. Rather, he advocates for his son.
I don't recall being promised a 'just' world. What is this 'just', anyways?

Anyways, the "Good Father" may have aged. Maybe he's sick, or injured. Maybe he intended to make good on his promise, but something happened... When Pa is ill, the Good Son oughta take care of him, rather than be mad about an undelivered promise. If the Good Son was unable to do this, or set aside his disappointment to do what needed to be done, it would hint at his own immaturity.

Treasure Hunter

I don't recall being promised a 'just' world. What is this 'just', anyways?

Anyways, the "Good Father" may have aged. Maybe he's sick, or injured. Maybe he intended to make good on his promise, but something happened... When Pa is ill, the Good Son oughta take care of him, rather than be mad about an undelivered promise. If the Good Son was unable to do this, or set aside his disappointment to do what needed to be done, it would hint at his own immaturity.
You speak from the heart. The good father ventures out into the chaotic unknown, vowing to fulfill the promise to his son. As time passes, the son feels betrayed and abandoned. He decides to move on and make the best of his life.

Still, the son is divided. The good son who believes in the promise of his father desires to journey into the chaotic unknown after his father. However, the good son is not shrewd enough to gain control over the son who has moved on and divorced himself from this story.

There is one who is shrewd enough, but he has been imprisoned in the basement. He is the sinner; the one who desires revenge against the father. Because he loves his father, the good son is willing to befriend the sinner. Anyone who is unwilling to do this is not the good son.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
You speak from the heart. The good father ventures out into the chaotic unknown, vowing to fulfill the promise to his son. As time passes, the son feels betrayed and abandoned. He decides to move on and make the best of his life.

Still, the son is divided. The good son who believes in the promise of his father desires to journey into the chaotic unknown after his father. However, the good son is not shrewd enough to gain control over the son who has moved on and divorced himself from this story.

There is one who is shrewd enough, but he has been imprisoned in the basement. He is the sinner; the one who desires revenge against the father. Because he loves his father, the good son is willing to befriend the sinner. Anyone who is unwilling to do this is not the good son.
I think befriending the Sinner is a great idea. Maybe the Good Son can help rehabilitate him, and the Sinner might have some skills that can help the Good Son find his Father.

vulcanlogician

The Christian forgives his fellow man, always and unconditionally. The desire for revenge will then find its proper target.

I've always found that sensible of Christians. We should, of course make laws against murder and theft and the like, so to at the very least separate murderers from the rest of us... and supply some penalty for theft. But there's no need to take vengeance. Ever.

After all, according to the Christian view, these folks will suffer for eternity if they fail to repent. There's no need to "pile on" by making them suffer during their mortal life.

That's why I never understood the tradition of ancient and medieval Christians: torturing heretics to death. I mean, if they really bought their own preaching, killing them instantly would be the surest way to deliver them to anguish, and anything THEY did would be trivial by comparison.