• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: Do You Recognize the Reality I’m Describing

Do you recognize this?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Treasure Hunter

No need, I've already been presented it:

وَلاَ مُمْتَهَناً إلاَّ بِالانْتِقَامِ لَكَ، وَأَوْجِدْنِي بَرْدَ عَفْوِكَ،
wa laa mum-tahanan il-laa biiantiqaami lak wa aw-jid-nee bar-da a'f-wik
370.a nor putting any importance in anything but vengeance for You! Let me find the coolness of Your pardon
Can you explain how this fulfills the desire for revenge and justice?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Can you explain how this fulfills the desire for revenge and justice?
وَأَنْ نُطَهِّرَهَا بِإخْرَاجِ الزَّكَوَاتِ،
wa an-nut'ah-hirahaa biikh-raajiz-zakawaat
purify them through paying the alms,

وَأَنْ نُرَاجِعَ مَنْ هَاجَرَنَـا
wa an-nuraajia' man haajaranaa
go back to him who has gone far from us,

وَأَنْ نُنْصِفَ مَنْ ظَلَمَنَا
wa an-nuns'ifa man z'alamanaa
treat nicely/dearly who has wronged us,

وَأَنْ نُسَـالِمَ مَنْ عَادَانَا
wa an-nusaalima man a'adaanaa
make peace with him who shows enmity toward us

حَاشَا مَنْ عُودِيَ فِيْكَ وَلَكَ،
h'aashaa man u'wdeea feeka wa laka
(except him who is regarded as an enemy in You and for You,

فَإنَّهُ الْعَدُوُّ الَّذِي لاَ نُوالِيهِ،
fa in-nahu al-a'doo-wul-lad'ee laa nuwaaleeh
for he is the enemy whom we will not befriend,

وَالحِزْبُ الَّذِي لاَ نُصَافِيهِ.
wal-h'iz-bul-lad'ee laa nus'aafeeh
the party whom we will not hold dear/be nice to),

This is from another prayer: Sahifa Sajjadiya - Supplication 44 - Duas.org

Here, let's quote more words from Imams (a), perhaps, you will get the gist:

He who loves for the sake of Allah is beloved of Allah, and he who is loved for the sake of Allah is also beloved of Allah, since each loves the other for the sake of Allah. The Messenger of Allah said, 'Man is with whom he loves. Whoever loves a bondsman in Allah, loves Allah. No one loves Allah except he whom Allah loves.' And again, 'The best of people after the prophets in this world and the next are those who love each other for Allah.' Every love based on some cause other than Allah brings about enmity except for these two, for they come from the same source. Theirs always increases and never decreases. As Allah said,

الْأَخِلَّاء يَوْمَئِذٍ بَعْضُهُمْ لِبَعْضٍ عَدُوٌّ إِلَّا الْمُتَّقِينَ
The friends shall on that day be enemies to one another except for those who guard against evil, (43:67)

because the root of love is being free of everything except the Beloved.

The Commander of the Faithful said, 'The best thing in the Garden and the sweetest is love of Allah, love in Allah, and praise for Allah.' And Allah has said,

وَآخِرُ دَعْوَاهُمْ أَنِ الْحَمْدُ لِلّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ
The last of their supplication shall be "Praise be to Allah, Lord of the worlds", (10:10)

because when they see the blessings that exist in the Garden, love is aroused in their hearts and then they call out, 'Praise be to Allah, Lord of the worlds.'

Also:

Three things are rare in every age: brotherhood in Allah; a devout, affectionate wife who helps you in Allah's faith; and a rightly guided son. Whoever finds these three things has obtained the good of both abodes and the fullest portion of this world and the next. Beware of taking someone as a brother when you are moved by greed, fear, inclination, money, food or drink. Seek the fraternity of the Allah-fearing, even to the ends of the earth, and even if you spend your entire life seeking them. Allah has not left anyone better than them after the Prophets on the face of the earth, nor has He given a bondsman any blessing like that of success in finding their company. Allah has said,

الْأَخِلَّاء يَوْمَئِذٍ بَعْضُهُمْ لِبَعْضٍ عَدُوٌّ إِلَّا الْمُتَّقِينَ
The friends shall on that day be enemies to one another except those who guard [against evil]. (43:67)

I believe that anyone who looks for a friend without fault in these times will remain without a friend. Do you not see that the first mark of honour which Allah bestowed on His Prophets when their call to faith became known was a trusty friend or helper. Similarly, the most sublime gift which Allah bestowed on His friends, supporters (awliya'), pure friends and trustees was the company of His prophets. This is proof that, after knowledge of Allah, there is no blessing in either abode which is more sublime, more excellent or more pure than company in Allah and brotherhood for His sake.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And this is from the same book:

Following the example of another is nothing more than what has been bestowed upon the spirit at its origin, when the light of time was mixed with that of eternity. Following a model, however, does not consist of adopting the marks of outward actions and claiming descent from the awliya' of the faith from among the wise and the Imams. As Allah said,

يَوْمَ نَدْعُو كُلَّ أُنَاسٍ بِإِمَامِهِمْ
The day when We will call every people by their Imam. (17:71)

that is, whoever follows someone with effacement is pure. And elsewhere,

فَإِذَا نُفِخَ فِي الصُّورِ فَلَا أَنسَابَ بَيْنَهُمْ يَوْمَئِذٍ وَلَا يَتَسَاءلُونَ
So when the trumpet is blown, there will be no ties of relationship between them on that day, nor shall they ask of each other. (23:101)

The Commander of the Faithful said, 'Souls are a drafted army. Those who know each other are intimate, and those who do not know each other differ from each other.' Muhammad ibn al-Hanafiyah was asked who had taught him good manners, and he replied, 'My Lord taught me manners in myself. Whatever I find to be good in people of intelligence and insight I follow and use; whatever I find ugly in the ignorant I avoid and forsake forever. That has brought me to the path of knowledge. There is no sounder way for the astute believer than to follow the example of others, because it is the clearest path and soundest goal.' And Allah said to Muhammad, the greatest of His creation,

أُوْلَـئِكَ الَّذِينَ هَدَى اللّهُ فَبِهُدَاهُمُ اقْتَدِهْ
These are they whom Allah guided, therefore follow their guidance. (6:90)

Elsewhere He said,

ثُمَّ أَوْحَيْنَا إِلَيْكَ أَنِ اتَّبِعْ مِلَّةَ إِبْرَاهِيمَ حَنِيفًا وَمَا كَانَ مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِينَ
Then We revealed to you: Follow the faith of Abraham, the upright one. (16:123)

If the faith of Allah had had a path straighter than following a model, He would have recommended it to His prophets and His supporters.

The Holy Prophet said, 'There is a light in the heart which is illuminated only by following the truth and intending towards the right path. It is a part of the light of the prophets which has been entrusted in the hearts of the believers.'

From the same book:

It is related with a sound chain of authority from Salman al- Farsi, 'I visited the Messenger of Allah who looked at me and said,

"O Salman, Allah does not send a prophet or messenger unless there are with him twelve chiefs."

“O Messenger of Allah, I know this from the people of the two books.”

"O Salman, do you know my twelve chiefs, whom Allah has chosen to be leaders after me?"

"Allah and His Messenger know best."

"O Salman, Allah created me from the quintessence of light, and called me, so I obeyed Him. Then He created 'Ali from my light, and called him, and he obeyed. From my light and the light of 'Ali He created Fatimah: He called her and she obeyed. From me, 'Ali and Fatimah, He created al-Hasan and al-Husayn. He called them and they obeyed Him. Allah has named us with five of His names: Allah is al-Mahmud (the Praised) and I am Muhammad (worthy of praise); Allah is al-'Ali (the High), and this is 'Ali (the one of high rank); Allah is al-Fatir (Creator out of nothing), and this is Fatimah; Allah is the One with Hasan (beneficence), and this is Hasan; Allah is Muhassin (the Beautiful), and this is Husayn. He created nine Imams from the light of al-Husayn and called them and they obeyed Him, before Allah created either Heaven on high, the outstretched earth, the air, the angels or man. We were lights who glorified Him, listened to Him and obeyed Him."

"O Messenger of Allah, may my father and mother be your ransom! What is there for the person who recognizes these men as they should be recognized?"

"O Salman, whoever recognizes them as they should be recognized, and follows their example, befriends them and is free of their enemies, by Allah! he is one of us. He will return to where we return, and he will be where we are!"

"O Messenger of Allah, is there belief without knowing their names and lineage?"

"No, Salman."

"Messenger of Allah, where will I find them?"

"You already know al-Husayn; then there will be the master of the worshippers, 'Ali ibn Husayn (Zayn al-'Abidin); then his son Muhammad ibn 'Ali, the piercer of the knowledge of the early and the later prophets and messengers (al-Baqir); then Ja'far ibn Muhammad, the truthful tongue of Allah (al-Sadiq); then Musa ibn Ja'far, the one who kept his rage silent through patience in Allah (al-Kadhim); then 'Ali ibn Musa, pleased with the secret of Allah (al-Rida '); then Muhammad ibn 'Ali, the chosen one from the creatures of Allah (al-Mukatar); then 'Ali ibn Muhammad, the guide to Allah (al-Hadi); then al-Hasan, son of 'Ali, the silent, trustworthy guardian over the secret of Allah (al-'Askari); then mim ha' mim dal (Muhammad), called Ibn al-Hasan, the announcer who establishes the right of Allah."

Salman said, 'I wept. Then I continued,

"O Messenger of Allah, let my life be deferred until their time! "’

'He said, "O Salman, recite this:

فَإِذَا جَاء وَعْدُ أُولاهُمَا بَعَثْنَا عَلَيْكُمْ عِبَادًا لَّنَا أُوْلِي بَأْسٍ شَدِيدٍ فَجَاسُواْ خِلاَلَ الدِّيَارِ وَكَانَ وَعْدًا مَّفْعُولاً
ثُمَّ رَدَدْنَا لَكُمُ الْكَرَّةَ عَلَيْهِمْ وَأَمْدَدْنَاكُم بِأَمْوَالٍ وَبَنِينَ وَجَعَلْنَاكُمْ أَكْثَرَ نَفِيرًا
When the promise for the first of the two came, We sent over you our servants of mighty prowess, so they went to and fro among the houses, and it was a promise to be accomplished. Then We gave you back the turn to prevail against them, and aided you with wealth and children and made you a numerous band." ' (17:5-6)

"I wept a lot," said Salman, "and my yearning became intense.” I said, "O Messenger of Allah, is it a pledge from you?"

' "Yes, by the One Who sent me and entrusted me with the Message; it is a pledge from me and from 'Ali, Fatimah, al-Hasan, al-Husayn, and the nine Imams descended from the children of al-Husayn, to you and those who are with us, and those of us who are wronged. Whoever is truly sincere in his belief, then by Allah, Salman, let Iblis and his armies come. Whoever has pure disbelief will be punished by retaliation, torture and inheritance (i.e. by others rather than them). Your Lord will not wrong anyone. It is we who are indicated in this verse:

وَنُرِيدُ أَن نَّمُنَّ عَلَى الَّذِينَ اسْتُضْعِفُوا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَنَجْعَلَهُمْ أَئِمَّةً وَنَجْعَلَهُمُ الْوَارِثِينَ. وَنُمَكِّنَ لَهُمْ فِي الْأَرْضِ وَنُرِي فِرْعَوْنَ وَهَامَانَ وَجُنُودَهُمَا مِنْهُم مَّا كَانُوا يَحْذَرُونَ
We desired to bestow a favour upon those who were deemed weak in the land, and to make them the leaders, and to make them the heirs, and to grant them power in the land, and to make Pharaoh, Haman and their armies see from them what they feared." ' (28:5-6)

Salman said, “I took leave of the Messenger of Allah, completely unconcerned as to how Salman would meet death, or how death would meet him.”

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

I've said this before, one way is to see hate and love (in proper usage) as opposite to each other. Another way, is to see them as different sides of the same coin.

Which coin is that? The evaluating part of the soul.

Evaluating positive value takes the form of love. Evaluating negative value takes the form of hate.

They are both given to us. Of course, negative value being ugly, it hurts us when we experience hate. Hate is not a nice feeling we like. Beauty and positive value make us feel good and love makes us feel good.

Negative value brings about emotions we don't like. That's expected, after all, they are opposite to goodness from God.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@Link

Dude, stop spamming this thread with verses. I asked you, not your holy book.

Is Allah sovereign over the world or not
Salam

I see love as beneficial only when it's on truth. When it values what is truly valuable based on true standards that are based on reality. It can't be on truth without the other side of evaluation of the soul, not being on truth.

So hate and love are part of the same coin. This is why verse 1:7 does not stop at the favored ones (peace be upon them), but says "not those those who your wrath is upon".

I see balance is required of every human. Treating the good and evil alike, is not fair nor justice. Of course, God will evaluate souls on truth on the day of judgment. Believers have to be patient in afflictions they face especially from disbelievers and do their best to repel evil and keep balance so that the mischief makes don't cause too much havoc.

Part of the patience is that they know hell awaits the oppressors, their supporters and those who watch it all happen (and do nothing).

Being balanced is important, because, otherwise falsehood get's mixed with truth. Being vengeful for the sake of God maintains part of the balance, the other part is being loving towards the lovers of God.

Treasure Hunter

Salam

I see love as beneficial only when it's on truth. When it values what is truly valuable based on true standards that are based on reality. It can't be on truth without the other side of evaluation of the soul, not being on truth.

So hate and love are part of the same coin. This is why verse 1:7 does not stop at the favored ones (a), but says "not those those who your wrath is upon".

I see balance is required of every human. Treating the good and evil alike, is not fair nor justice. Of course, God will evaluate souls on truth on the day of judgment. Believers have to be patient in afflictions they face especially from disbelievers and do their best to repel evil and keep balance so that the mischief makes don't cause too much havoc.

Part of the patience is that they know hell awaits the oppressors, their supporters and those who watch it all happen (and do nothing).
Are you communicating with me or at me? There is a difference. I’ll ask again, is Allah sovereign over the world or not?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Are you communicating with me or at me? There is a difference. I’ll ask again, is Allah sovereign over the world or not?
You asked a complicated question. God is the sovereign of the world, but from another angle, no, the devil and his forces rule the world currently.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The will that the devil uses in this world - who created this will?
This is an even more difficult complicated topic. I don't know where you are going with this. So I'm going to stop answering and let you make your point.

Treasure Hunter

This is an even more difficult complicated topic. I don't know where you are going with this. So I'm going to stop answering and let you make your point.
It’s actually quite simple. Is there one creator or not?

The point is God is sovereign over all the evil, suffering, and death in this world. No qualifiers and no scapegoating the devil. This is the truth.

If I actually hold this truth, then how can I as a man, seek revenge against anyone but God? How can I as a man let God off the hook because of more empty promises in a holy book?

Are you a child of Ishmael? I am a child of Ishmael. Ishmael is the one who refused the idea that some children are the rightful firstborn heirs and some children are not. He identified with the rejected firstborns which is why he willingly allowed his younger brother Isaac to take his place, because the god who says that only some children are heirs is an imposter god.

Nobody gets left behind. None of God’s children. Ishmael understood this. Did Muhammad understand this? It’s time for the sons of the Muslim faith to enter into a higher truth and become sons of Ishmael.

A promise has been made to everyone. If the imposter who stands in the God position isn’t delivering on what has been promised, then he must face justice and be removed! Anything else is cope.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Truth can be oversimplified. I will scapegoat the devil, he is my enemy, not God.

Treasure Hunter

Truth can be oversimplified. I will scapegoat the devil, he is my enemy, not God.

Then you dishonor your soul, like a father who dishonors his son. I am the good father who makes sure what has been promised to my son is fulfilled.

Treasure Hunter

Fully male and fully female??? Have you ever actually thought of the contradiction here?

And how does that stack up with the anti LGBTQ brigade?
If you can’t hold contradiction, then you can’t navigate through the story of the soul. Coherence must be sacrificed up for the promise of a deeper, more coherent truth.

The truth that gender is wed to bio-sex is the first truth held in one hand, and the truth that gender transcends bio-sex is a later truth held in the other hand.

Within the soul, there exists the masculine ideal and the feminine ideal. Both must be fully known and eventually unified at the holy wedding.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
It is stopping the cycle, but also, turn the other cheek is within the context of first getting slapped on the other cheek. It’s saying, “Go ahead and slap me again on the other cheek.” It’s a more radical teaching than saying forgive and walk away.
It's more like "don't fall for a taunt."