• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pictures of your altar / place of worship / place of meditation!

mycorrhiza

I couldn't find any threads about this that were not in DIRs, so I figured I'd make one.
Post pics of your altar, place of worship or place of meditation! At home or at your temple/church/etc. Open for all religions!

Here's where I meditate:
10xd72g.jpg

And here's the "altar".
2vi1ilv.jpg

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Snapshot_20121118.jpg

Nothing special, just a bed. My ritual area was making so much progress and looked amazing, so much postmodern art, symbols I made up by just drawing wherever my hand wanted to move, dark paragraphs scattered all over in a style-ish font of my handwriting... but my mom wanted to use the area. So now I just meditate on my bed.

mycorrhiza

Nothing special, just a bed. My ritual area was making so much progress and looked amazing, so much postmodern art, symbols I made up by just drawing wherever my hand wanted to move, dark paragraphs scattered all over in a style-ish font of my handwriting... but my mom wanted to use the area. So now I just meditate on my bed.

It sucks that you weren't allowed to keep your ritual area :(. The bed is fine, though!

Do you have any pictures of how the ritual area looked?

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Don't have an altar area per se. I have my bedroom, which has been roughly laid out to suit my needs. Sometimes I use the attic, sometimes the basement, sometimes the living room. It really doesn't matter.

The best places are public places. :D

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
I'm still trying to get things set up. You'd think, with all the talk of simplicity in Zen, a little area to meditate wouldn't be so difficult to set up. :p

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
Our church at Pascha this past year. We're only a tiny little mission parish, and we use a rented space until we can get enough funds to build a proper church, but it's still beautiful. :)

380345_425888157423680_67241097_n.jpg

538860_421054764573686_130279511_n.jpg

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I will probably post something up later. Or I could recycle the picture I used in the Theist forum. It doesn't look exactly like this now; the altar cloth has been switched out to one appropriate for the fall and the bell over on the right is now hanging above the altar space. Other than that, mostly the same.

Summer2012.jpg

There are a few other spaces set up around my apartment in ways that have significance.

Last edited:

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
That all depends on what extent I let my fiance have her way with the interior decorating...or, how much she let's me think I'm letting her have her way. :p

There is a serious point here, potentially. My partner thinks that meditation is a crock, but we live and let live. We have our own 'personal' areas of our accommodation and so I have my zazen place. That said, to ensure no interruption I sit when alone.

Good luck with the, er, negotiations!