• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Photos of my fall garden harvest

Two-bit guru

Just posted photos from the garden and thought I'd share them. Not great art photos but the veggies look pretty good. Feel free to "like" the page.:)

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
Looks good.

I'm really looking forward to planting next year. The heat put an early end to our crop this year.

Two-bit guru

The heat up here was good for the garden but we probably had less of it than you down there. The garden was slow to come, though, because we had a cold spring.
Happy gardening!:)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I tried growing puppies once. I planted them feet first in the ground cuz that's where it looked like the rhizomes were poking out.
But alas, they didn't grow. So I called the state agricultural office & told them my plight, asking for advice. The guy there was
dismissive & rude. He said, "You dumb loper...I can't tell you nuthin without a soil test!".

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Beautiful photos of a real accomplishment!

Since we had over 60 days of heat over 100 degrees, and are in a record drought, it's been hard enough to keep the GRASS alive - let alone veggies! I am very jealous.

Thanks for sharing your photos.

Alceste

Vagabond
We got the cracks in some tomatoes too. I cut those ones out and the new ones seem fine. I also pulled out one plant (Stupice) that was not thriving and left the other (Radiator Charlie's Mortgage Lifter), which is now doing great. I don't know what's going on there.

My spaghetti squash worked out beautifully but the butter nuts seem to have stopped growing any bigger. Any advice? Yours looks great. Maybe I should try to just eat them, since it's starting to get quite cold, but they're only about 8 inches long. lol.

Alceste

Vagabond
BTW, if you get the chance, try black cherry tomatoes next year. They've been an incredible producer for me two years running, and VERY tasty. Definitely my favorite out of the 7 varieties we tried this year.

Two-bit guru

We got the cracks in some tomatoes too. I cut those ones out and the new ones seem fine. I also pulled out one plant (Stupice) that was not thriving and left the other (Radiator Charlie's Mortgage Lifter), which is now doing great. I don't know what's going on there.

Stupice and Radiator Charlie are tomatoes, I take it. Cool names.

My spaghetti squash worked out beautifully but the butter nuts seem to have stopped growing any bigger. Any advice? Yours looks great. Maybe I should try to just eat them, since it's starting to get quite cold, but they're only about 8 inches long. lol.

Haven't seen a spaghetti squash since I was a kid. As to the butternuts, some of mine aren't much bigger than 8 inches either. This was the first year I planted all heirlooms and the seeds (from Seed Savers Exchange) seem to be more robust than others. The butternuts did really well, the hubbards not so hot.

BTW, if you get the chance, try black cherry tomatoes next year. They've been an incredible producer for me two years running, and VERY tasty. Definitely my favorite out of the 7 varieties we tried this year.

I'll look for black cherry tomatoes all right! I had a volunteer, heirloom red cherry plant and had some of them on my lunch salad today (brune d'hiver lettuce, I think it was). Coincidentally, had some butternut frozen leftover squash from last year for lunch, too!