• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Perfect, no, but not bad...

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
America is in a troubled time, and there's an election coming up. Lot's of folks thing Joe Biden lacks what it takes, but I listen to this, and think...maybe not so bad!

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Yeah, it's really too late to second guess ourselves on Dem pick... We need to vote in Biden and give him a chance, because the other options aren't too good. At least Biden is showing to have pretty strong support.

Wandering Monk

America is in a troubled time, and there's an election coming up. Lot's of folks thing Joe Biden lacks what it takes, but I listen to this, and think...maybe not so bad!

sigh...the guy is an idiot. He can barely remember his name sometimes.

His gaffes are legendary. God, I hate the fact that we don't have a choice if we want Trump out.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Eat this **** sandwich, or eat this even bigger **** sandwich.

At least Biden doesn't have a bizarre cult following pretending he's god.

Rational Agnostic

sigh...the guy is an idiot. He can barely remember his name sometimes.

His gaffes are legendary. God, I hate the fact that we don't have a choice if we want Trump out.

He's had two brain surgeries, which could explain it. Although, he recovered much better than the brain surgeons expected at the time.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Yeah, it's really too late to second guess ourselves on Dem pick... We need to vote in Biden and give him a chance, because the other options aren't too good. At least Biden is showing to have pretty strong support.
He's highly problematic but at least he likely won't try to install an authoritarian dictatorship like the Mussolini wannabe in power now.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

No videos for me at the moment.
But can one trust what a politician says?
Does it match his record in office?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Uh, no. I heard his speech. It wasn't bad but doesn't change my assessment. He was and continues to be the last one out of all of the contenders I would've picked to run.
Me too!

But there it is...he's the presumptive Democratic candidate. So whatever it is you might have done before that became true is pretty much useless bumpf. Now you've got to decide how to deal with the facts as they are.

"Might have beens" never show up on the ballot, you know. And only those who are on the ballot have any chance at all of winning.

Over to you....

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
No videos for me at the moment.
But can one trust what a politician says?
Does it match his record in office?
Can one trust what a politician says? Of course not. Everything they say is aimed at getting them elected -- you know that.

His record in office? Heck, in Congress he's just another vote, the leaders being all anyone ever hears from. As VP to Obama -- well, I wonder if you remember the song "Whatever became of Hubert" by Tom Lehrer (Hubert Humphrey being Lyndon Johnson's VP). Nobody gives a rat's patoot what a VP does.

On the other hand, government is mostly (about 97.6% or so, and I made that up) by bureaucrats -- some of whom the President chooses, most of whom have been around since breathable air, and so need little thinking about.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Can one trust what a politician says? Of course not. Everything they say is aimed at getting them elected -- you know that.

His record in office? Heck, in Congress he's just another vote, the leaders being all anyone ever hears from. As VP to Obama -- well, I wonder if you remember the song "Whatever became of Hubert" by Tom Lehrer (Hubert Humphrey being Lyndon Johnson's VP). Nobody gives a rat's patoot what a VP does.

On the other hand, government is mostly (about 97.6% or so, and I made that up) by bureaucrats -- some of whom the President chooses, most of whom have been around since breathable air, and so need little thinking about.
What he has done before, he will continue doing.
What has he done of note?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Which makes Trump the bigger **** sandwich.
It can't be overstated enough. For Ginsburg, for a secular America, we have to bite our tongue and vote for Biden. No, it's not the best. It's not ideal. But its something good from this election that must be salvaged. If Trump wins we are damned to Pulpit promoting Supreme Court for decades (or, thank any gods that may be we arent in Indiana anymore).

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Me too!

But there it is...he's the presumptive Democratic candidate. So whatever it is you might have done before that became true is pretty much useless bumpf. Now you've got to decide how to deal with the facts as they are.

"Might have beens" never show up on the ballot, you know. And only those who are on the ballot have any chance at all of winning.

Over to you....

Obviously I'll choose "the lesser of two evils". If we must have a dumpster fire, I would at least have it dialed down.