• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paul Ryan is new speaker of the house

freethinker44

True, but only one former speaker of the house has ever been elected president. It's always a possibility, but historically improbable for some reason.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
In all fairness, they could have done much worse than Paul Ryan. Although Eric Cantor would probably take the job... Obummer would love that, LOL.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
This is going to help the candidacy of Trump, along with some of the others such as Cruz, Carson and even Rubio. The Republican Establishment along with their Democratic allies has made a fundamental mistake, but the circumstances to their delusion are predictable considering the reality of the siege.

Right now, they are holed up in the medieval walled city fortress and it is ten days into the siege. The Fortress City with the 32 foot high wall and Castle Carlisle in the center is in a remote province run by The Governor. Peasants who support The Governor are inside the City. The former advisor to The Governor was killed when he went outside just a season ago to hunt a boar, his own guards who are an odd sort of monkey people with barking voices like Dalmatians fled when the “robbers” killed him.

Outside are many troops.

Standing out there is some guy, he is wearing an armor that is all black.

He has a mask over his face made of black tin. The mask is not to protect his face. Behind the mask is the head of a wolf. This is the Prince, he is a Steppenwolf.

His jaw is wired after a little accident, one day he was out riding in a death machine in the Valley of Death, and accidently went head on into a full antler buck. He wasn’t driving, so it wasn’t his fault. Now with the wire jaw, he sort of has this odd “smile” with a head that sort of leans back a bit. Behind the smile is, “I wonder if I should eat this one by ripping into the stomach”.

His horse is white.

He doesn’t like the new advisor. Even the advisor doesn’t like himself.

The Death Machine commanders have already left the tent. They were bending over maps in this tent just hours ago, they all look like Anubis the Egyptian God. They actually don’t talk very much. “The granary is located here. This is the Chamber. The Church is this. Here is where the women hide. The gold is here. More important, the water comes into the City, here.”

“Over there is the pigeon coop.”

This is vital to the plan. The pigeon coop.

Now they are outside under a very large Sycamore tree. Tables are set up, and they are smoking Parliament cigarettes and having tea time.

Soon they will be directing their boys in the death machines. These boys are very angry, they were taxed enough already by The Governor. “You stole my toys, and now you tried to take my guns. You owe me money”, they say to The Governor. So they have their own tax plans. For sure, someone is going to pay taxes. Put up the booty. After the City falls, it will be all the friends of The Governor, they are going to pay.

The Trebuchets are moving in now, slowly ever getting closer. The catapults that towers 70 feet tall, some 100 feet tall. They make a sound when the long arms cast the heavy stone and burning ball a long ways. They move closer, directed by the Captains who are Dog people. Very not very nice and sort of pissed off humans who are wanting coffee move it here, “no 400 feet closer”. Pike men with very, very long pig stickers walk a foot, they don’t talk much, but the other soldiers are talking and they can’t wait.

On the far right bank are the other peasants. They have shields and hatchets, many even have special black powder guns. On the far other side, behind the fire bearers, are the monsters.

Inside the Fortess, they send out messages to those loyal peasants inside the walls. All is well. We have water, and grains for all to last two years and four months. “2 Years!” they say,” those outside will not stay around 2 years in front of our City, they will all go home.”

The City is going to fall. They still have water inside, but on the Third Sunday, in the evening, the stones and fire will start to barge the Fortress. It will fall. It is just time now.

There will be no prisoners.

esmith

Veteran Member
True, but only one former speaker of the house has ever been elected president. It's always a possibility, but historically improbable for some reason.
And only one community organizer also....which was a BIG mistake and hopefully will be improbable in the future:D

esmith

Veteran Member
Really?
You don't think George Washington qualified as an 18th century community organizer? Or Paul Revere? Or Ben Franklin?
Tom
Not in the context that the term is used today. In addition I would say they were national organizer's vice national de-organizers:D.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Not in the context that the term is used today.

I'm sure King George III would have agreed with you.
Just as modern elitists do.

I remember watching a FOX news broadcast about the Occupy Wallstreet demonstration. They spent an entire news show talking about how they had no idea what the OWS people were saying or why. But they did manage to air footage of Susan Sarandon and Michael Moore and other celeb attendees.
But they could not find anyone speaking for the crowd, despite those people trying to get a word in edgewise.
Tom