• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paranormal sub-forum sucks

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Any time someone posts something here, people jump down their throat trying to prove them wrong, or explain how they are incorrect in their paranormal beliefs, or just dismissing them outright.

No wonder this area is often dead.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I think you might find that others feel the same way about other subforums on the forum.

This area is particularly off putting it seems.

Arguments/disagreements in debate sections are expected. And while this isn't a "discussion" forum per se; it's not a debate forum either.

danieldemol

Premium Member
I think this sub-forum needs to be like a DIR where people who dont select to be part of it can't post, otherwise it is too easy to not notice it is in paranormal sub-forum and start debating.

In my opinion.

Suave

Simulated character
Any time someone posts something here, people jump down their throat trying to prove them wrong, or explain how they are incorrect in their paranormal beliefs, or just dismissing them outright.

If we are living in a simulated universe, then I suppose the simulator ( a.k.a. God) could very well alter or disrupt the normal laws typically governing our Matrix. Hence, I don't dismiss the possibility of paranormal phenomenon happening in our simulated universe. By the way, as a follower of simulated based religion, I am pretty stoked about the upcoming film, the Matrix Resurrections.. Are you planning to watch this film?

anigif_sub-buzz-31000-1559592216-1.gif

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I think it's because there is so much fraud in paranormal topics with very little to go on to make a paranormal talk or discussion even worthwhile.

People can't be expected to accept willy nilly those things purported to be paranormal when it just isn't.

However I find people's accounts of the paranormal interesting and that ought to be respected in that regard.

Suave

Simulated character
I think it's because there is so much fraud in paranormal topics with very little to go on to make a paranormal talk or discussion even worthwhile.

People can't be expected to accept willy nilly those things purported to be paranormal when it just isn't.

However I find people's accounts of the paranormal interesting and that ought to be respected in that regard.

I would not consider Matrix glitches to be paranormal, because they could be considered as reality based programmed events.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

I feel the same as you do, The Hammer, but it's not as bad as what I have seen, and experienced firsthand, online elsewhere. I'm accustomed to other people online trying to prove me wrong or even telling me they won't believe me, or sometimes I get nothing but dead silence. But I've never been on an discussion forum, similar to RF, that even has a paranormal sub-forum, so I think this site is unique in that respect. I was surprised to see it when I first joined. I'm more free on RF to talk about my personal experiences with the paranormal, and also reveal that I'm clairvoyant. If I tried to share these things about myself on other boards, I was met with ridicule, and accusations of being demon possessed or I'm out of my mind. Honestly, I expect a bit of opposition whenever I share my stories of the paranormal, because not everyone believes in it. I don't mind skeptics, as long as they don't ridicule me.

Last edited:

exchemist

Veteran Member
Agree with some other posters on this. Many people (including me) have little or no time for most paranormal stuff, consider it naive at best or fraudulent at worst and will seek to debunk it.

If the forum considers it needs to be protected from criticism, the DIR mechanism would seem to have some merit.

Of course it could be a dead sub-forum because, er, paranormal stuff is mostly bunk.........

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Perhaps this would be helped if half the threads there didn't begin with the question "Is X real?"

If this is a subforum where everyone is supposed to accept any and all supernatural phenomena as real and factual, then what's the point of even asking whether they're real to begin with?

F1fan

Veteran Member

It needs better spirits.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Perhaps this would be helped if half the threads there didn't begin with the question "Is X real?"

If this is a subforum where everyone is supposed to accept any and all supernatural phenomena as real and factual, then what's the point of even asking whether they're real to begin with?

Because some folks may be unsure and looking for answers.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender

Maybe it is the framing of the OPs that might change then nature of the responses for the better?

Not sure how this can be done, but something like discussing the origins and lore behind the paranormal could be discussed, instead of attracting scorn by asking if the paranormal is real or not. Trying to prove these things will also draw scorn. Make it into a more intellectual discussion.

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
I think this sub-forum needs to be like a DIR where people who dont select to be part of it can't post, otherwise it is too easy to not notice it is in paranormal sub-forum and start debating.

In my opinion.
Ya, I'd go for that.

Couldn't be any deader than my DIR, which is so dead I think you'd need a seance to read it.

Maybe I'll make a thread here. I'm pretty much ignored everywhere else I post, maybe I'm a ghost.