• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paranormal sub-forum sucks

exchemist

Veteran Member
Because some folks may be unsure and looking for answers.
True enough. If that's the case then there should be no complaint about sceptical responses.

It comes down to what the purpose of the Paranormal subforum is. Is it a "safe space" for believers in paranomal phenomena to exchange stories and discuss among themselves, or is it a place for paranormal anecdotes, enquiries and issues to be discussed with the whole community?

At the moment, since it is not a DIR subforum, I'd have thought one is entitled to presume the latter.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Ya, I'd go for that.

Couldn't be any deader than my DIR, which is so dead I think you'd need a seance to read it.

Maybe I'll make a thread here. I'm pretty much ignored everywhere else I post, maybe I'm a ghost.

Personally speaking, I prefer being ignored to publicly mockery, and being mercilessly lambasted, shamed, and accused of being demon possessed or told that I'm a few cards short of a full deck. But I guess it's all on me, since I chose to be more open about my abilities to feel the presence of spirits, visually see them, and hear their disembodied voices. RF is the only online site that I’ll use to talk about my abilities. I was involved in a few paranormal groups on FB, but I was derided and disparaged, so I left the groups.

Last edited:

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
Personally speaking, I prefer being ignored to publicly mockery, and being mercilessly lambasted, shamed, and accused of being demon possessed or told that I'm a few cards short of a full deck. But I guess it's all on me, since I chose to be more open about my abilities to feel the presence of spirits, visually see them, and hear their disembodied voices. RF is the only forum (social media) that I'll talk about my abilities online. I was involved in a few paranormal groups on Facebook, but I was still ridiculed and disparaged.

Since you're a Beetle fan, I'm gonna assume you're a 60's child like me.
We were in a different culture, right? A lot more spiritual and open-minded
willing to consider things from that counter-culture perspective with less
materialism than generations before or since.

A younger and more adventurous me tried to achieve Astral Projection with...
well not much results. Ditto with Hypnosis. Maybe it's my Autism, this is beyond me.

But I know there are people more sensitive to the unseen, I've known them.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Since you're a Beetle fan, I'm gonna assume you're a 60's child like me.
We were in a different culture, right? A lot more spiritual and open-minded
willing to consider things from that counter-culture perspective with less
materialism than generations before or since.

A younger and more adventurous me tried to achieve Astral Projection with...
well not much results. Ditto with Hypnosis. Maybe it's my Autism, this is beyond me.

But I know there are people more sensitive to the unseen, I've known them.

I'm most definitely an avid Beatles' fan, but I'm in Generation X, and I was born in 1973. I've heard other people who lived through the 60s speak of their experience as you did. First generation Beatles' fans talk about it quite often. They seem to really miss it.

I've experienced Astral Projection myself, but it's rare. It doesn't happen to me very often, and it's been a while since the last time. I don't do anything to make it happen, it just happens to me. In fact, I haven't thought about it in a long time, but your mention of it reminded me. I don't know much about it, because I haven't taken the time to research it. It's not a constant occurrence in my life, so I don't think about my experiences with it unless I hear it mentioned somewhere. Thanks for your reply, btw. I appreciate it.

Last edited:

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
I'm most definitely an avid Beatles' fan, but I'm in Generation X, and I was born in 1973. I've heard other people who lived through the 60s speak of their experience as you did. First generation Beatles' fans talk about it quite often. They seem to really miss it.

I've experienced Astral Projection myself, but it's rare. It doesn't happen to me very often, and it's been a while since the last time. I don't do anything to make it happen, it just happens to me. In fact, I haven't thought about it in a long time, but your mention of it reminded me. I don't know much about it, because I haven't taken the time to research it. It's not a constant occurrence in my life, so I don't think about my experiences with it unless I hear it mentioned somewhere. Thanks for your reply, btw. I appreciate it.

The fact that you've experienced it at all without conscious effort is ... telling.

You should look into this more. Cautiously, like most things there is a bit of danger for
the unprepared. I've researched it extensively. But for someone like you, not pursuing
this, is like an astronomer not getting a telescope.

The 'best' method involves Lucid Dreaming. Again, something I'm singularly bad at.
Simply achieving and taking control of it, well, you're already there in the Astral World.

HonestJoe

Any time someone posts something here, people jump down their throat trying to prove them wrong, or explain how they are incorrect in their paranormal beliefs, or just dismissing them outright.

No wonder this area is often dead.
While I obviously don't support anything insulting or aggressive, I don't see why there should be any objection to people challenging unsupported statements or suggesting alterative explanations for phenomena. In fact, I'd argue that you can't really have any kind of meaningful discussion without being open to that.

Not wanting to call you out, but I did see a thread about the possible existence of demons where you replied dismissing the idea of demons "of the Christian kind" out of hand before proposing your own idea of demons. I do feel this reflects a general inconsistency where differences of opinion between different paranormal ideas are largely accepted but the moment anyone proposes any kind of mundane explanation, it is perceived as a vicious attack.