• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Parables, can we break the code?

AK4

The parable of the bad manager.

Luke 161Jesus told his disciples: "There was a rich man whose manager was accused of wasting his possessions. 2So he called him in and asked him, `What is this I hear about you? Give an account of your management, because you cannot be manager any longer.'
3"The manager said to himself, `What shall I do now? My master is taking away my job. I'm not strong enough to dig, and I'm ashamed to beg-- 4I know what I'll do so that, when I lose my job here, people will welcome me into their houses.'
5"So he called in each one of his master's debtors. He asked the first, `How much do you owe my master?'
6" `Eight hundred gallonsA of olive oil,' he replied.
"The manager told him, `Take your bill, sit down quickly, and make it four hundred.'
7"Then he asked the second, `And how much do you owe?'
" `A thousand bushelsB of wheat,' he replied.
"He told him, `Take your bill and make it eight hundred.'
8"The master commended the dishonest manager because he had acted shrewdly. For the people of this world are more shrewd in dealing with their own kind than are the people of the light. 9I tell you, use worldly wealth to gain friends for yourselves, so that when it is gone, you will be welcomed into eternal dwellings.
10"Whoever can be trusted with very little can also
be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much. 11So if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth, who will trust you with true riches? 12And if you have not been trustworthy with someone else's property, who will give you property of your own?

What was jesus trying to say in the red words above?

heneni

PS: AK4 id love to discuss this hell theory and everybody is going to get saved theory with you in a one on one debate. I have to admit i have very different views of the reason jesus came to save us...and as you know i also believe in re-incarnation, and i believe earth is hell. Choose one of these topics and start a one-on-one debate if you like.

Heneni

Try this translation from the New Living Translation

16:9 I tell you, use your worldly resources to benefit others and make friends. In this way, your generosity stores up a reward for you in heaven. Does this help?

Heneni

Miss Independent
Try this translation from the New Living Translation

16:9 I tell you, use your worldly resources to benefit others and make friends. In this way, your generosity stores up a reward for you in heaven. Does this help?

No it doesnt. Sorry. Maybe im stupid, but i have to assume your not, so that i dont offend you. I guess im not that smart then. You handle the bible like a car. Stear it this way and that way, change translation to suit your needs and you never really answer a question. To tell you the truth i think you are good at slapping verses down, and getting a few concordances in there as well and you think you are clever with the things of god, im afraid i dont find any wisdom in your posts. Sorry. Perhaps the rest of the forum does find your posts useful.....thats their business.

AK4

No it doesnt. Sorry. Maybe im stupid, but i have to assume your not, so that i dont offend you. I guess im not that smart then. You handle the bible like a car. Stear it this way and that way, change translation to suit your needs and you never really answer a question. To tell you the truth i think you are good at slapping verses down, and getting a few concordances in there as well and you think you are clever with the things of god, im afraid i dont find any wisdom in your posts. Sorry. Perhaps the rest of the forum does find your posts useful.....thats their business.

WOW:eek: Well everyone is entitled to their opinion. Am i steering a "car" to suit my beliefs? Well lets look at the facts...Why is there sooooo many different translations and concordances and such? Why? Are you saying that there is one true translation? Please dont believe that. Each translation has their errors and none is perfect. Am i making up stuff to fit my beliefs? Am i interpretating scriptures to suit me or am i using or trying to use the Word of God to interpret itself? Isnt that the way it should be done---let the Word interpret itself and not make up my own convoluted interpretations? Isnt that mans problem now--everyone wants to say this means that and not using the Word to interpret itself.

yes so to speak i slap verses down instead of using my own words so that no one can say that i am stating my opinion. The Word tells you to do this--

Isa 28:10 - For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
Wouldnt you rather me use my own words instead of scriptures? Come on now.

And no i am not that smart when it comes to the Word. There is much i still dont know, but there are guidelines that is stated in the Word on how to understand It. And for this age it isnt ment for all to understand, but in the ages to come all will--

1Ti 2:4 - ....be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
I am sorry if you get nothing from my posts, but even this is stated in the Word...

1Co 1:21 - For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
Oh well may God be with you still

Heneni

Miss Independent
There is no need to show your wisdom to the world. It is lacking at best. None of us have all the answers. What you need to show the world, is that your god, who by means of influence as you say, will turn everybody towards him, might want to do that by starting with you. How much has this god which you believe will save everybody and influence everybody to turn towards him, managed to use you to turn me towards him?

If then, you have failed to turn me towards your god, are you the weakest link in the universal salvation plan of god? And if god doesnt use you to turn others towards him, how does he do it then? By force? By fire? By death?

If anyone turns to god, it is but for one thing. Love. And love cannot be bought, taught, it has to be caught. And that is what salvation is...its cathcing on to the rope of hope.

Heneni

AK4

There is no need to show your wisdom to the world. It is lacking at best.

Am i trying to show my wisdom? Do i have wisdom? You are right i am lacking, but my eyes have been opened to some of the infinite wisdom that God will show everyone

None of us have all the answers.

I agree and i never said i had all and i would be foolish to say i did

What you need to show the world, is that your god, who by means of influence as you say, will turn everybody towards him, might want to do that by starting with you.

I dont need to show anything and i couldnt do it anyway, its ALL on God. Was Paul able to do this, show everyone? NO and he could perform miracles!!! I cant do nothing. And believe me He is showing me THROUGH you that He is doing something in me.

Joh 15:20 - Remember the words I spoke to you: 'No servant is greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also.
Dont get me wrong, i am not trying to teach you. I only try to

"[1] preach with sound doctrine and [2] refute those who contradict it"
[Titus 1:9 - The New Revised Standard Version]

How much has this god which you believe will save everybody and influence everybody to turn towards him, managed to use you to turn me towards him?

Who knows. Only God does.

If then, you have failed to turn me towards your god, are you the weakest link in the universal salvation plan of god? And if god doesnt use you to turn others towards him, how does he do it then? By force? By fire? By death?

Is that right? Am i the weakest link. I may be, but if you read the Gospels thoroughly, Jesus failed to convert more people than i have during His ministry of 3 1/2 yrs. And before you think i am saying i am better than or am on any level close to Jesus i am not in no way shape or form saying that. Im just stating a point that is in the Gospels of how many turned from Jesus and continued to believe what they wanted and His numbers are way higher than mines. And His numbers of saving ALL will DEFINITELY BE UNPRECEDENTED WHEN HE SAVES ALL.

If anyone turns to god, it is but for one thing. Love. And love cannot be bought, taught, it has to be caught. And that is what salvation is...its cathcing on to the rope of hope.

Im think the proper term to use here would be--GIVEN. "For without God, i can do nothing of myself" and Eph 2:8 -For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--

and NOT MAN OR HIS FREE WILL "catching" it

Last edited: