• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Para Brahman

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram Aupmanyav ji
Ratiben, true Hindu perspective, which one? :D

'truely Hindu' perspective ? .....from where I am standing is one that as explained , takes Vedic principles into consideration , that veiws Mahabarata as an historical account , sees Gita as the word of Sri Bhagavan the supreme personality (God) , as authoritive rather than as a literary work , ...or as mythology , .....

perhaps a truely Hindu perspective is one that goes beyond personal veiws and desires and surrenders in some form or other to their being a Divine order which governs all phenomena

The only true Hindu perspective what I have found is 'dharma', fulfilling ones responsibility and engaging in righteous action.

whilst Kama , Artha relate to ones material life they are inseperable from Dharma and Moksha , ......Dharma being more than oness duty to behave rightiously but it is also the universal law which governs the progression of all life forms towards Moksha which is final realisation and union woth God , ......

I suppose this is what I mean by ''Truely Hindu'', ....menaing accepting of all four goals as one , ....how can we sepreate these ? ......we canot , ......seperate these and it ceases to become Hinduism , .....

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram Sayak ji

The only thing I object to is you saying a "truly Hindu perspective".
I beg your pardon no offence was intended , ......

it is simply my way of seperating oppinion how ever well observed , from Shraddha , .....I am simply as explained to Aupmanyav ji trying to maintain Dharma as I was taught it , ..as being more than mere human duty to behave responcibly , but that Dharma also governs laws which support and governs this entire universe , ...as we are , ... or were before certain Prabhus went of on the usual tangent about food and ther such noncence) ...talking about the concept of Para Brahman , .....as this is the case , .........

As I said in my first line, it was my own way to think about the Mahabharata that I have found valuable after 25 years of reading and re-reading its many translations. I wrote it, as I thought others may find it valuable too, particularly a person who is looking from the outside and does not want to become a Vaishnava by tomorrow. ;)

I do not wish to decry the value of your observations , however should we not go beyond the I , me and mine as in oppinion , ....in which case , to arrive at an understanding of Para Brahman one canot sepperate Kama , Artha , Dharma and Moksha , .....to secularise Hinduism is to pertain only to Dharma as in ones imidiate Duty inrelation to ones material mature , ...what I am saying is that to compleate the Goal of Hinduism the concept of Moksha canot be neglected .

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
If you want to discuss this, you should pick one or two studies that you think are particularly compelling and we should discuss them in another thread.
I like that idea...topic?...well. since I brought it up earlier, how about 'Childhood Reincarnation Memories'. I am thinking of doing it in the Hinduism DIR. Now how do you envision this proceeding?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I like that idea...topic?...well. since I brought it up earlier, how about 'Childhood Reincarnation Memories'. I am thinking of doing it in the Hinduism DIR. Now how do you envision this proceeding?
Its not really a DIR topic. General forums is better. I am happy with the topic. If you can link it a provide a brief summary of why you find it persuasive, I will be happy to discuss it with you.