• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pantheons?

Felix

I, personally, am a Slavic Pagan. The pantheon [set of Gods/Goddesses] I worship is the same Gods/Goddesses that was worshiped by pre-Christian Slavs.

So, do you worship a specific Pantheon, or do you worship a few specific Gods/Goddesses, do you mix and match, or do you prefer to just keep the Gods/Goddesses in your own personal views?

Please, feel free to clarify and explain all answers.​

Ody

We have quite a number of Kemetics on this forum :)

And followers of Asartu

Circle_One

‡Âlãn‡ said:
We have quite a number of Kemetics on this forum :)

And followers of Asartu

Yeah, I've actually noticed of late that we've gained quite a few Kemetics. This makes me happy.

Anyway, to answer the OP, I'm Kemetic (Reconstructionist, to be exact), I follow the Ancient Egyptian pantheon.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
i respect all the pantheons, though i am only experienced with Hecate from the Hellenic pantheon.

Felix

Well, we're all here to show respect and offer knowledge. That's the reason we're on ReligiousForums.

I was simply asking what everyone worshiped. Please, I wasn't trying to discriminate.

Zephyr

Moved on
Did anybody call me? I'm the obligatory axe-wielding, mead-chugging (don't tell ma) close-minded Asatruar. Although my ancestry is predominately German, I often call the gods by their Norse names. Hey, it's the same dudes, just with easier to remember names.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Felix said:
Well, we're all here to show respect and offer knowledge. That's the reason we're on ReligiousForums.

I was simply asking what everyone worshiped. Please, I wasn't trying to discriminate.

my appologies, i hope i didn't imply that you were discriminating :sorry1:

Revasser

Terrible Dancer
Zephyr said:
Did anybody call me? I'm the obligatory axe-wielding, mead-chugging (don't tell ma) close-minded Asatruar. Although my ancestry is predominately German, I often call the gods by their Norse names. Hey, it's the same dudes, just with easier to remember names.

I swear, sometimes I feel like I'm heading in that direction myself. Maybe it's the music I listen to, what with the Nords and the praising of Odin and such. Maybe it's just my Saxon blood showing through.

Either way, I'm finding myself quite conflcited these days, between the gods I've come to know and love and gods of my ancestors who I feel are becoming more insistent as time goes on.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Revasser said:
I swear, sometimes I feel like I'm heading in that direction myself. Maybe it's the music I listen to, what with the Nords and the praising of Odin and such. Maybe it's just my Saxon blood showing through.

Either way, I'm finding myself quite conflcited these days, between the gods I've come to know and love and gods of my ancestors who I feel are becoming more insistent as time goes on.

Foxy's a theist??!! :eek:

i didn't know that....

Zephyr

Moved on
Revasser said:

What can I say? Blood pulls pretty hard. Besides, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get drunk during a religious event :angel2:

Draka

Wonder Woman
I lean Celtic when it comes to pantheons. It just draws to me. Works well though, considering I am essentially half Irish and half Scottish. I guess you could say that I am a cross of Wicca and Witta.

Circle_One

Revasser said:

Am I mistaken or weren't you Kemetic as well?

Felix said:
So, do you worship a specific Pantheon, or do you worship a few specific Gods/Goddesses, do you mix and match, or do you prefer to just keep the Gods/Goddesses in your own personal views?
Well....to me the word "worship" leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I keep having flashbacks to some less then savory Christian Churches I attend where "worship" equaled self-abasement.

I honor my gods, I love them and I give thanks for their presence in my life.

As for Pantheon, I work with the Norse. I've worked with others but I wouldn't call them "mine" if you catch my meaning. It was more along the lines of a casual acquittance.

Revasser said:

This might be a silly question, but have you talked to the gods you currently work with about it?

Zephyr

Moved on
Vigdisdotter said:
Well....to me the word "worship" leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I keep having flashbacks to some less then savory Christian Churches I attend where "worship" equaled self-abasement.

I honor my gods, I love them and I give thanks for their presence in my life.

As for Pantheon, I work with the Norse. I've worked with others but I wouldn't call them "mine" if you catch my meaning. It was more along the lines of a casual acquittance.
The Aesir and Vanir were not meant to be worshipped. They are our kin, not our lords.

Zephyr said:
They are our kin, not our lords.

Exactly so!

People tend to look at me funny when I answer "why do your worship gods?" with "why do you have friends?"

To me they are my friends. They may not be human,but that doesn't make them any less my friends.

Could I be a whole person without them? Sure. But my life would be a lot less rich with out them.

sandhill

Well, I have a deep connection to the Egyptian Pantheon, in particular the Memphite Triad of Ptah - Sekhmet - Nefertem but at the same time, I also have a deep sense of personal honor to the Norse Pantheon, in particular to Odin Warfather All-Powerful and Tieuw - One Hand (who lost his hand to the Great Wolf, which was the mythological basis of Beren One-Hand of the Silmarillion.