• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pantheons?

Makhsihed

I'm Kemetic. I follow an Egyptian path and honor, worship, and devote to Egyptian gods. :) Highest in my heart are Wepwawet-Yinepu and Bast-Mut.

Shayi

Another Kemetic here. I worship and am devoted to the Egyptian Gods. Formost in my heart and worship are Wepwawet-Yinepu, Bast-Mut and Ptah, but of course the rest of Netjer is always there.

(Hi Makhsihed by the way :) )

Stella Polaris

| Neutiquam Erro |
Mostly Vedic, though I have been known to honor other deities from time to time (I go with the flow).
(Vedic gods being, but not limited to: Surya, Ushas, Pusan, Saraswati, Rudra, The Ashvins, Indra, Soma, etc).

Lately, my main focus is on The Ashvins and the Hellenic Dioskouroi. :)
I was lead to the Dioskouroi in my research of The Ashvins (who got my interest years ago) and other "heavenly twins" and now I can't seem to shake them either. LOL. I don't consider The Ashvins and The Dioskouroi to be the same/interchangeable, though. I see them as similar in many ways, sharing a sort of connection, but different. They both have many things to offer and are compelling in their own ways. I plan on making an online blog/shine in their honor...hopefully soon!

Last edited:

Klaufi_Wodensson

Vinlandic Warrior
I follow the pantheon of the pre-Christian Anglo-Saxons. I personally like to think that Celtic, Germanic, and Slavic pre-Christian religion is all just facets of the same religion because they are all so similar.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
I don't mix and match. I blend. Vajrayana Buddhist deities and Meditation Buddhas coupled with the Norse pantheon. It's amazing the kind of connections you can find when you merge Thor with Fudo Myo-O.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I don't mix and match. I blend. Vajrayana Buddhist deities and Meditation Buddhas coupled with the Norse pantheon. It's amazing the kind of connections you can find when you merge Thor with Fudo Myo-O.

Cool! :D Of course isn't mythology like that anyway, with cultures merging etc.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
:) Makes sense. Can't go wrong with Thor, anyway.
I tend to favor the Loki-Odin-Hoenir trinity thing. Thor has a lot of power and truth, but lacks charm and subtlety. The best I can describe it is discussing science or religion, and Thor's saying "No, you're wrong. Here's what's real."

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I tend to favor the Loki-Odin-Hoenir trinity thing. Thor has a lot of power and truth, but lacks charm and subtlety. The best I can describe it is discussing science or religion, and Thor's saying "No, you're wrong. Here's what's real."

That's interesting, i really haven't studied Norse mythology a whole lot, i know the basic dieties, though.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Loki Odin Hoenir
They were the three deities that created humans. It's normally Odin, Vili, and Ve, or Odin, Heonir, and Lothur. Loki is usually considered a shadow of Odin, and is connected to Lothurr. In short, all three are one.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
They were the three deities that created humans. It's normally Odin, Vili, and Ve, or Odin, Heonir, and Lothur. Loki is usually considered a shadow of Odin, and is connected to Lothurr. In short, all three are one.

Ah....o.k. i didn't know that........

i'll have to read up on Norse myths.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't really do pantheons, as I don't work with any classical Pagan deities. I'm functionally more of an animist, but the Nature Spirits I work with I regard as the equivalent of someone else's Zeus or Hera.

There is an entity I work with that identifies with the Greek pantheon, but half the time I'm uncertain whether or not to take him at his word. If he is what he claims, he is a very "evolved" version of said deity and changed substantially.