• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Palestinians under attack

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I just wish everyone would shut up and stop fighting like children. NO ONE won this stupid conflict. Everyone lost. Period.

For the record, I am not picking on any particular member; I see this trend with a lot of people and it makes me annoyed as hell. Innocent people died, and that, IMO, is no victory for anyone.
It is representative, however, of the conflict itself. There is, literally, no solution to this mess.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
When will the arguing about semantics stop? All I care about is that the killing stops... on both sides. Who the **** cares who "won"?

Same here.

As for me, I have nothing against the Jews. To the contrary, they have special place in my heart as a Muslims.

Just the other days I was talking to my cousin and the subject came up. In what he said was: "the Jews are nice people, they are our cousins"

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Same here.

As for me, I have nothing against the Jews. To the contrary, they have special place in my heart as a Muslims.

Just the other days I was talking to my cousin and the subject came up. In what he said was: "the Jews are nice people, they are our cousins"

And they feel the same towards you and me, they respect us and love us because we are cousins. :cool:

dantech

And they feel the same towards you and me, they respect us and love us because we are cousins. :cool:

Your sarcasm is noted. Just know that both my parents are born in Morocco. All my aunts and uncles are born in Morocco. I've visited Morocco, numerous times. Most of my family speaks Arabic. And many of my friends are Muslims. I do feel familiarity with Arabs and see them as our cousins, at least the ones I know.

But you're right about one thing. I don't feel the same towards you, personally.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Your sarcasm is noted. Just know that both my parents are born in Morocco. All my aunts and uncles are born in Morocco. I've visited Morocco, numerous times. Most of my family speaks Arabic. And many of my friends are Muslims. I do feel familiarity with Arabs and see them as our cousins, at least the ones I know.

But you're right about one thing. I don't feel the same towards you, personally.

I don't care about your feelings towards me.

I don't hate Jews but i hate oppressors, there are some brave Jews that hate oppression too and i bow for them.

[youtube]Ozx4XIikMN0[/youtube]
a few good Jews tell the truth - YouTube

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I don't hate Jews but i hate oppressors, there are some brave Jews that hate oppression too and i bow for them.

Are there any Muslems that hate oppression? Going by what's happening in this world with terrorism, it seems they must be a rarity nowadays.

There, if you want to be sarcastic, then maybe you should expect some back in return. As for me, I honestly do appreciate most Muslems that I've personally known, but you're not on that list.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
It was sarcasm.

Don't worry, I'm used to JS's barbs over actually a fair number of years (I put him on "ignore" at another website), which is why I also have him on "ignore" here. He has some "issues" with almost anything I post, while falsely claiming he doesn't make "over-the-top" statements.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
NO ONE won this stupid conflict. Everyone lost. Period.
Except, perhaps, Abbas -- and that just might provide the slimmest cause for hope.
This, from Haaretz
Palestinians threaten to turn to ICC if date not set for return to 1967 lines

Report: Netanyahu and Abbas held secret talks before Gaza truce signed; no official Palestinian, Israeli or Jordanian source confirms that meeting in Amman actually took place.

The Palestinians plan to turn to the United Nations Security Council on September 15 to demand a deadline be set for Israel's withdrawal to 1967 borders, senior Fatah official Nabil Shaath told the Palestinian news agency Ma'an on Thursday.

If the Security Council rejects the initiative, Shaath said, the Palestinians would open their case against Israel at the International Criminal Court.

< -- snip -- >​

Meanwhile, the Jordanian newspaper Alghrad reported on Thursday that Abbas and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu held a secret meeting in Amman days before the cease-fire was signed ending the war in Gaza.

No details were given about the meeting, and no official from Jordan, Israel or the Palestinian Authority would confirm that it in fact happened.

Netanyahu told a press conference on Wednesday night that Israel had secured a "great military and political" achievement in the Gaza war and that Hamas had been dealt a "heavy blow."

Responding to a journalist's question, the prime minister said: "We would be happy to see Abu-Mazen's [Abbas'] forces enter the Gaza Strip." The Palestinian president, he said "has to decide which side he is on. We hope he will continue to support a peace deal with Israel."

Last week, prior to the truce, Netanyahu told a press conference that dramatic changes in the region promise a "new political horizon," even as Hamas and Israel continued to exchange fire after the collapse of the previous round of truce talks.

"I hope Abbas will have a significant part in the new diplomatic horizon. I expect to start talks with a Palestinian government which can abandon the path of terror," Netanyahu said. …
I wish that I was better at reading between the lines (and I hope that here is something 'between the lines' worth reading).

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Are there any Muslems that hate oppression? Going by what's happening in this world with terrorism, it seems they must be a rarity nowadays.

There, if you want to be sarcastic, then maybe you should expect some back in return. As for me, I honestly do appreciate most Muslems that I've personally known, but you're not on that list.

Yes i hate oppressors regardless of what race or religion they belong to.

I hate the militants of the ISIS for killing innocent people including the journalist James Foley which i regard it as a coward decision as to kill an innocent and an armless man without a rational cause.

It is my honor that i ain't in your list.

Last edited:

Matemkar

Israel may totally destroy Gaza if necessary: Jewish Rabbi

Dov Lior, the rabbi of the settlement of Kiryat Arba, has issued a religious ruling permitting the total destruction of Gaza if Israel&#8217;s military leaders deem it necessary.

17597_641.jpg

Lior is considered one of the more extreme rabbis on the religious right. In his ruling, he wrote that the Torah also teaches Jews how to act during wartime. In any war in which the people are under attack they are permitted to fight back against the nation from which the attackers come, he wrote.

"Therefore, in a time of war, the attacked nation is permitted to punish the enemy population with whatever measures it deems proper, like blocking supplies or electricity. It may bomb the entire area based on the judgment of the war minister and not wantonly put soldiers at risk,&#8221; Lior wrote, adding that "deterrent measures to exterminate the enemy&#8221; were allowed.

"The defense minister may even order the destruction of Gaza so that the south should no longer suffer, and to prevent harm to members of our people who have long been suffering from the enemies surrounding us,&#8221; he wrote.

After the ruling was published, the head of a left-wing party, Meretz&#8217;s Zahava Gal-On, asked Attorney General Yehuda Weinstein to launch an investigation.

"Rabbi Dov Lior&#8217;s racist comments long ago lost the protection of the right to free expression,&#8221; Gal-On wrote to Weinstein. "These remarks follow his racist comments through the years, among them his many comments before the murder of [Yitzhak] Rabin and support for Baruch Goldstein,&#8221; the man who gunned down 29 Muslim worshippers in Hebron in 1994.

haaretz

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Jay's article said: "1967 borders"

I assume they mean pre-war 1967 borders. So basically nothing has shifted.