• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Palestinians under attack

Matemkar

Abu Khudair was burnt alive by the Zionist invadors/settlers:

Palestinian teenager 'burnt alive' by Israeli settlers

Autopsy report: Abu Khudair was burned alive

analysis:

The Lives of Israeli/Palestinian Youth: Is One Worth More Than the Other?

the confessions and the numbers of Palestinians killed by the Zionists:

Israeli settlers confess to killing of Palestinian

IOF burns 15 cars:

IOF soldiers set fire to Palestinian garage, burn 15 cars

Zionist airstrikes:

Israel airstrike targets Gaza Strip

Zionists airstrike kills Palestinians:

Israel airstrike on Gaza leaves two dead

And the tragedy still goes on.

Last edited:
A

angellous_evangellous

All of this is enlightening. I wonder if those poor Palestinians did anything at all to incite the Israelis? Where is the other side to this story?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I automatically ignored the Press TV links. I don't really trust a propaganda-laden source that pays lip service to a tyrannical government like that of Iran's.

Regarding what reportedly happened to the Palestinian kid, though:

All of this is enlightening. I wonder if those poor Palestinians did anything at all to incite the Israelis? Where is the other side to this story?

I don't see how incitement or lack thereof is relevant at all when it comes to killing civilians. Whatever Palestinian and Israeli fighters do to each other doesn't justify killing civilians or change the severity of the crimes committed against both the Israeli and Palestinian civilians who were harmed in this conflict.

Reactions: MD

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I automatically ignored the Press TV links. I don't really trust a propaganda-laden source that pays lip service to a tyrannical government like that of Iran's.

Regarding what reportedly happened to the Palestinian kid, though:

I don't see how incitement or lack thereof is relevant at all when it comes to killing civilians. Whatever Palestinian and Israeli fighters do to each other doesn't justify killing civilians or change the severity of the crimes committed against both the Israeli and Palestinian civilians who were harmed in this conflict.

AE's point is good. The thread started with no balance.

Flankerl

This Thread took longer than expected. Was something going on in Iran which used up all your attention Matemkar?

A

angellous_evangellous

My point -- which was clear -- is that the OP singles out one side of the story. The Palestinians are notorious for inciting violence (and they target civilians) as the Israelis are for responding with excessive force.

And the supporters of Palestinians, like our friend who wrote the OP, give a sob story that I find offensive.

Here's the process:

1) Palestinian militants OR civilians provoke Israel through acs of violence

2) Israel responds with violence

3) Palestinians whine about the consequences

4) Supporters of Palestine whine about the consequences, only focusing on the brutality of Israel while conveniently leaving out their part in the cycle of violence

I call it the "shoot and whine" strategy. Bottom line is if you don't want the bear to bite you, don't poke it in the eye. And for God's sake, don't ***** about it to everyone when you face consequences for your actions.

The violence is almost easier to tolerate than the incessant whining.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
My point -- which was clear -- is that the OP singles out one side of the story. The Palestinians are notorious for inciting violence (and they target civilians) as the Israelis are for responding with excessive force.
And the supporters of Palestinians, like our friend who wrote the OP, give a sob story that I find offensive.
Here's the process:
1) Palestinian militants OR civilians provoke Israel through acs of violence
2) Israel responds with violence
3) Palestinians whine about the consequences
4) Supporters of Palestine whine about the consequences, only focusing on the brutality of Israel while conveniently leaving out their part in the cycle of violence
I call it the "shoot and whine" strategy. Bottom line is if you don't want the bear to bite you, don't poke it in the eye. And for God's sake, don't ***** about it to everyone when you face consequences for your actions.
The violence is almost easier to tolerate than the incessant whining.
In the interest of your particular flavor of balance, I'll supply the steps you left out.
3.5) Israel & supporters whine about the consequences.
3.6) Israel retaliates with more violence.
Repeat steps 1 thru 4 endlessly.

Knight of Albion

A case of 'violence begets violence'. Three innocent Israeli youngsters kidnapped and murdered. A response was inevitable, though the manner of reaction may not have been foreseen. But no doubt it will please the extremists on both sides who are content to use the lives of innocent civilians to further their political agendas.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It was a vicious hate crime and deserves to be exposed and prosecuted as such.

Agree.

In the interest of your particular flavor of balance, I'll supply the steps you left out.
3.5) Israel & supporters whine about the consequences.
3.6) Israel retaliates with more violence.
Repeat steps 1 thru 4 endlessly.

Double agree. Both sides whine, both sides incite violence. The cycle continues...

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Double agree. Both sides whine, both sides incite violence. The cycle continues...
At the same time, I find this particularly infuriating:
The frustration had numerous causes. Once the boys’ disappearance was known, troops began a massive, 18-day search-and-rescue operation, entering thousands of homes, arresting and interrogating hundreds of individuals, racing against the clock. Only on July 1, after the boys’ bodies were found, did the truth come out: The government had known almost from the beginning that the boys were dead. It maintained the fiction that it hoped to find them alive as a pretext to dismantle Hamas’ West Bank operations.The initial evidence was the recording of victim Gilad Shaer’s desperate cellphone call to Moked 100, Israel’s 911. When the tape reached the security services the next morning — neglected for hours by Moked 100 staff — the teen was heard whispering “They’ve kidnapped me” (“hatfu oti”) followed by shouts of “Heads down,” then gunfire, two groans, more shots, then singing in Arabic. That evening searchers found the kidnappers’ abandoned, torched Hyundai, with eight bullet holes and the boys’ DNA. There was no doubt.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu immediately placed a gag order on the deaths. Journalists who heard rumors were told the Shin Bet wanted the gag order to aid the search. For public consumption, the official word was that Israel was “acting on the assumption that they’re alive.” It was, simply put, a lie.
If so, Netanyahu and his cronies clearly have blood on their hands that no amount of Hamas culpability can justify.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
At the same time, I find this particularly infuriating:
If so, Netanyahu and his cronies clearly have blood on their hands that no amount of Hamas culpability can justify.

Jay, I always admire your fair and balanced insight. :) I usually avoid threads like these because of the endless preschool-like finger pointing; once we all accept that there is blame on both sides, as well as cover-ups, dishonesty, so-called "martyrdom"-like acts for the sake of shock value... only then can anyone have a realistic hope for any solution.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Abu Khudair was burnt alive by the Zionist invadors/settlers:

Palestinian teenager 'burnt alive' by Israeli settlers

Autopsy report: Abu Khudair was burned alive

analysis:

The Lives of Israeli/Palestinian Youth: Is One Worth More Than the Other?

the confessions and the numbers of Palestinians killed by the Zionists:

Israeli settlers confess to killing of Palestinian

IOF burns 15 cars:

IOF soldiers set fire to Palestinian garage, burn 15 cars

Zionist airstrikes:

Israel airstrike targets Gaza Strip

Zionists airstrike kills Palestinians:

Israel airstrike on Gaza leaves two dead

And the tragedy still goes on.

Why don't all the billionaires in Saudi Arabia, Dubai, Kuwait, UAE, etc, etc do something to help make life better for the people in Gaza?

Surely there is something in the Quran suggesting that it would be better to build some infrastructure or something than keep those Muslims suffering in abominable conditions.

Why do Muslims seem not to care about solutions that involve building something up and always seem to go straight for blowing things up?

Tom