• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pagan discrimination

Nisou Kitsune

Resident Anime Freak
I was thinking about this, and I wondered, have any of you suffered discrimination because you were a pagan?

Comicaze247

See the previous line
My girlfriend did. She used to go to this smoothie shop, and the people were really nice. They made her great smoothies and were really friendly. Then one day, she wore her pent and went to the shop. The incredibly Christian owner (there were tons of Christian-related decorations, fliers, newspapers, magazines, etc.) noticed it, and from then on, gave her crappy smoothies and never spoke to her any more than he had to.

blackout

Violet.
My girlfriend did. She used to go to this smoothie shop, and the people were really nice. They made her great smoothies and were really friendly. Then one day, she wore her pent and went to the shop. The incredibly Christian owner (there were tons of Christian-related decorations, fliers, newspapers, magazines, etc.) noticed it, and from then on, gave her crappy smoothies and never spoke to her any more than he had to.

That was very Christian of him.

:rolleyes:

Nisou Kitsune

Resident Anime Freak
Luckily I wasnt subjected to other's ignorance and stupidity while going through high school. Besides the odd comments, which were few and far between, most people just respected me and didnt mess with me at all. But then again, maybe thats bc I tower over everyone too. LOL

Klaufi_Wodensson

Vinlandic Warrior
Yes. Mostly from a Baptist kid who said stuff like, "Your Gods are fairytales, etc etc blah blah."

Other than that, there is one kid from the Dominican who calls me Jesus (because I have long hair which I guess resembles Jesus) or he'll call me Satan after looking at my Thorr's Hammer pendant and assuming that it's Satanic.

Nisou Kitsune

Resident Anime Freak
Honestly, because I am cynical, I would either take one of two "roads" with the Baptist kid.

Either I would point out all the logical flaws and contradictions his religion hosts
or
I would parrot his argument.

BK: Your Gods are fairytales!
You: Your God is a fairytale!
BK: No he is not, he is real,
You: No they are not, they are real
BK: Stop copying me!
You: Stop copying me.
BK: Shut up, you are stupid
You: Yes you are. /walks away/

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
That was very Christian of him.

:rolleyes:

Those guys are so funny. I was hawking my self-published book about 12 years ago in a fairly fundamentalist town in the Bible Belt of Alberta. Since there were some other local books in the tiny drug store, I thought they might take a few copies of mine. I was sent to the owner/pharmacist at the back. Soon after I began my request, he stared at me in that way, and coldly asked, "Does it have any SMUT in it?" He gave away where his mind was, I guess. I just turned and walked out. I don't like dealing with such hatred.

nevaya

I was traveling and popped into a gas station wearing a baphomet, a lady most likely babtist "per her demeanor", saw me and began praying and chanting something incoherent, telling me I was going to hell to burn forever. Shouldn't a Christian have attempted to convert me rather than condemn me, or do I look that demonic?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I was traveling and popped into a gas station wearing a baphomet, a lady most likely babtist "per her demeanor", saw me and began praying and chanting something incoherent, telling me I was going to hell to burn forever. Shouldn't a Christian have attempted to convert me rather than condemn me, or do I look that demonic?

Fear, dear. I just don't go about in my religious garb (Hindu). Its just not worth it. For that mindset, there are only two kinds of people: us and them. I'm a devil worshipping pagan too, according to those folks. If it wasn't so sad, it would be even funnier.

nevaya

Fear, dear. I just don't go about in my religious garb (Hindu). Its just not worth it. For that mindset, there are only two kinds of people: us and them. I'm a devil worshipping pagan too, according to those folks. If it wasn't so sad, it would be even funnier.
Truly, I rather enjoy the shock value. I don't puposely attempt to offend, but I get a kick out of it when it happens.:angel2:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Truly, I rather enjoy the shock value. I don't puposely attempt to offend, but I get a kick out of it when it happens.:angel2:

At the front door is fun too. I've had some people actually run away when they saw the picture of Ganesha hanging there. Better yet it I have my forehead marks on, especially that 'mark of Satan', the pottu (bindu) . Hopefully they mark it in their little book to remind themselves never to return.

nevaya

At the front door is fun too. I've had some people actually run away when they saw the picture of Ganesha hanging there. Better yet it I have my forehead marks on, especially that 'mark of Satan', the pottu (bindu) . Hopefully they mark it in their little book to remind themselves never to return.
That gets rid of the Jehova witness at the front door real quick!:D

Nisou Kitsune

Resident Anime Freak
You know, I was once talking about witchcraft with a friend and my door was wide open. A pair of Jehovah's Witnesses were standing there listening and decided they would risk knocking on my door. So when I came to the door, they looked up and up some more, and said "We just want to remind you to read the Bible. Have a nice day." LoLoL

nevaya

You know, I was once talking about witchcraft with a friend and my door was wide open. A pair of Jehovah's Witnesses were standing there listening and decided they would risk knocking on my door. So when I came to the door, they looked up and up some more, and said "We just want to remind you to read the Bible. Have a nice day." LoLoL
That would make my day.

Erebus

What? You mean you didn't collapse on the floor and beg God for forgiveness? She obviously wasn't praying hard enough ;)

OP: I'm fortunate in that I've yet to come across any real persecution for my beliefs. Mind you, I don't make it known to most people and I certainly wouldn't tell an employer.

nevaya

What? You mean you didn't collapse on the floor and beg God for forgiveness? She obviously wasn't praying hard enough ;)

OP: I'm fortunate in that I've yet to come across any real persecution for my beliefs. Mind you, I don't make it known to most people and I certainly wouldn't tell an employer.
It is in our best interest to be discrete.

Nisou Kitsune

Resident Anime Freak
Honestly, I use discretion not because I am afraid of the consequences, but because some people just dont need to know. My employer, for example, or people I have just met.

Comicaze247

See the previous line
That gets rid of the Jehova witness at the front door real quick!:D
One guy I know got rid of some Missionaries real quick when he stripped naked then threw open the door and did a smiling Superman pose. They were speechless.