• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Overcoming and Perfecting

David T

Premium Member
The Buddha isn't perfect. Never claimed to be. That's what his enlightenment was among other things is that we suffer. Jesus, on the other hand, taught perfection. Two totally different characters.
Yea, dying on the cross was pure fun!!! Be careful of projecting christian theologians they are idiot scholars.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
christ isn't exclusively jesus.

colossians 3:11
Christ is All and in ALL.

blasphemy against the Holy Spirit isn't forgivable because it is the denial of the very Spirit within self.
romans 8:11
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

we reap what we sow.

work out your own salvation with fear and trembling

Replace Christ with jesus. Jesus performed sacrifice. That's exclusively in scripture. That is the bible: sacrifice but Judaism (without jesus) and Christianity (with Jesus). In Christianity, that's the core of the belief is the sacrifice of sins to be resurrected and born again (or however denominations want to name it).

Maybe that is how you personally believe; but, your belief doesn't define what christianity in and of itself teaches. Every christian defines their relationship with jesus differently. That's not an issue.

It's just weird to hear you, as a christian (?), say sacrifice is some form of idolotry. Even non-christians understand the meaning of sacrifice.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Replace Christ with jesus. Jesus performed sacrifice. That's exclusively in scripture. That is the bible: sacrifice but Judaism (without jesus) and Christianity (with Jesus). In Christianity, that's the core of the belief is the sacrifice of sins to be resurrected and born again (or however denominations want to name it).

Maybe that is how you personally believe; but, your belief doesn't define what christianity in and of itself teaches. Every christian defines their relationship with jesus differently. That's not an issue.

It's just weird to hear you, as a christian (?), say sacrifice is some form of idolotry. Even non-christians understand the meaning of sacrifice.
there are not versions of truth. you have it *** backwards. there is the truth, it's versions are impermanent. the truth isn't.

christianity is a version and impermanent. if love destroyed this whole planet it's versions would become like sackcloth and ashes but the Truth would remain. the Truth is naked.

love is the everlasting and eternal kingdom

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
there are not versions of truth. you have it *** backwards. there is the truth, it's versions are impermanent. the truth isn't.

christianity is a version and impermanent. if love destroyed this whole planet it's versions would become like sackcloth but the Truth would remain. the Truth is naked.

love is the everlasting and eternal kingdom

There is no one truth. That is a fact as there are many people on this earth.

If you cannot see in another person's shoes, how can you be just "as" another person in love?

What you are doing just now is putting yourself above me by saying indirectly I do not have the truth (I have it backwards). You have just contradicted what you are trying to say.

If you feel we are all equal and that is love, then there is many truths and there is no one over another. Christianity does not teach that. Why can't you see that?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
There is no one truth. That is a fact as there are many people on this earth.

If you cannot see in another person's shoes, how can you be just "as" another person in love?

What you are doing just now is putting yourself above me by saying indirectly I do not have the truth (I have it backwards). You have just contradicted what you are trying to say.

If you feel we are all equal and that is love, then there is many truths and there is no one over another. Christianity does not teach that. Why can't you see that?

i never said i had the truth either. I said there are many versions, the truth transcends people. People discover the truth, they don't create it. It existed without their knowledge. When they open their minds they discovered more about themselves.

you can do everything and more; if you believe. if someone doesn't believe, they idolize.

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

idolizing won't get you anywhere with the righteous

And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
i never said i had the truth either. I said there are many versions, the truth transcends people. People discover the truth, they don't create it. It existed without their knowledge. When they open their minds they discovered more about themselves.

It is not "it" nor is it "truth"

It's plural. There is more than one as there are many people of the earth.

While your truth is jesus christ, my truth is in my ancestors, and a Hindu truth maybe in Shiva while another Hindu in Vishnu.

There is not one. That's power-talk. Very political language regardless the intent behind it.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
It is not "it" nor is it "truth"

It's plural. There is more than one as there are many people of the earth.

While your truth is jesus christ, my truth is in my ancestors, and a Hindu truth maybe in Shiva while another Hindu in Vishnu.

There is not one. That's power-talk. Very political language regardless the intent behind it.

no, again the forms, versions, denominations, facets, aspects are the plural. the Truth is singular. There is ONE ABSOLUTE having many forms.

You can't grasp the idea of "can't see the forest for the trees", can you?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
no, again the forms, versions, denominations, facets, aspects are the plural. the Truth is singular. There is ONE ABSOLUTE having many forms.

You can't grasp the idea of "can't see the forest for the trees", can you?

Don't be fooled that just because we call it One forest doesn't mean there is one tree. It's just a phrase to say a collection of trees. Acknowledge each individual truth as their each individual truth. Calling it one forest (or one absolute) doesn't change there are many truths that do not relate to each other at its core.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Don't be fooled that just because we call it One forest doesn't mean there is one tree. It's just a phrase to say a collection of trees. Acknowledge each individual truth as their each individual truth. Calling it one forest (or one absolute) doesn't change there are many truths that do not relate to each other at its core.

there is one tree, when you add a modifier it doesn't cease to be a tree. a wave on the ocean is still just one of many coming from the same oceon.. from where the wave came it will return again

psychoslice

Veteran Member
For me personally Jesus was just a man, a Self realized man, just as there are many Self realized people of today, the church is what made him into a god, and a perfect one at that, is sad.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
there is one tree, when you add a modifier it doesn't cease to be a tree. a wave on the ocean is still just one of many coming from the same oceon.. from where the wave came it will return again

A body of water and a forest are two different analogies.

There are many rivers that flow into one ocean. We do not call the rivers oceans because they converge into one body of water. Each river has it's own name and its unique to its shape and environment.

One tree does not make up a forest. Many trees do. However, you can still go into a forest and touch each individual tree. They are all different. Acknowledge the differences and stop making them all into one party systems.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
A body of water and a forest are two different analogies.

There are many rivers that flow into one ocean. We do not call the rivers oceans because they converge into one body of water. Each river has it's own name and its unique to its shape and environment.

One tree does not make up a forest. Many trees do. However, you can still go into a forest and touch each individual tree. They are all different. Acknowledge the differences and stop making them all into one party systems.

as i have told you the only ABSOLUTE is that there are no absolutes. the form is irrelevant

Grove of Aspens are One Tree

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Form is relevant. We differ here.

you prefer impermanence vs permanence?

i like both but I know the one is illusory; while the other isn't. everything will be changed by the same thing, in an instant

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
you prefer impermanence vs permanence?

i like both but I know the one is illusory; while the other isn't. everything will be changed by the same thing, in an instant

They are interconnected.

You can't say form is irrelevant and then turn around and say "I like both."

Which is it?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
They are interconnected.

You can't say form is irrelevant and then turn around and say "I like both."

Which is it?

the form doesn't provide any information of lasting worth. a person doesn't fixate on the outward appearance but the actions over time because pretty is as pretty does and all that glitters is not golden.

case in point, which of the persons is you? the one at 2yrs old? the one at 5 yrs old? the one at 23yrs old? the one yesterday? the one tomorrow?

Which form can be taken as the real you?

The spirit informs the flesh counts for nothing.