• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ouija Board

Rex

Founder
Interesting question. Personally I think the game is a joke, but some people swear by its powers.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I think that sometimes what you seek (or project) will find you, no matter what you are playing with. I don't believe the board game has any special powers, however.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
I don't know if it's real or not but i'm not gonna dabble in things i don't understand. I don't have a grasp on those sort of powers so i'm not touching it with a ten foot pole.
My Mother on the other hand is all about that third eye stuff and can do a palm or Tarot reading like it's nobody's business.

But i'm not sure either way. I just prefer to stay away from it.:areyoucra

SaraLee

I don't think it has any magical powers or that spirits other than what is in ones on head comes forth.

SaraLee

huajiro

I don't believe it is real, but it scares the crap out of me because of the movies I have seen. A friend of mine died after playing with one, but I don't think it had anything to do with that.

Pah

Uber all member
It never moved for me. This was years and years ago and I haven't been back since.

-pah-

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
For those that believe it has the power to communicate with other realms, a friend had good advice for me about it: "Would you leave the door to your house open so that just anyone could walk in?"

cardero

Citizen Mod
pah writes-It never moved for me. This was years and years ago and I haven't been back since.
I must have used a Ouija Board a dozen times and it never worked for me either.

FeathersinHair writes: For those that believe it has the power to communicate with other realms, a friend had good advice for me about it: "Would you leave the door to your house open so that just anyone could walk in?"
It depends, can they get the darn board to work?

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
carrdero said:

It depends, can they get the darn board to work?

Oh, yes, I'm sorry. That quote was meant for those that weren't having trouble with it, or believe that it holds power to contact others. I'm not informed enough to speak on why it might not work, though.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
I have never tried the board myself . However , it should work as well as anything , including the Tarot . It is just a tool , nothing more . Wine glasses were once used in the same matter .

A tool ? Well yea . :) Back when I was into this stuff , late '70s and early 80's , the theory I went with is that things like the Tarot and the Pendulum { a free swaying object such as a necklace that answers yes / no questions by the way it swings } were simple tools which allowed one to tap their unconscious powers of the mind , nothing more . The " tools " had no power of their own .

Do they work ? I will leave that up to each of you to decide . I have had some very interesting readings with the Tarot and friends tested me with the Pendulum several times , each time my yes / no answers were accurate over 95% of the time ... Perhaps it was nothing more then good intuition ? :)

No , I no longer use either . :) I took another Path .

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
I had an experience with the board. There were two of us. The other person removed their hands and then it started moving in circles. They say that if it starts moving in circles, to remove your hands. And I did. Kind of weird.

manincloke.gif