• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Origin of gods voice

Jim

Nets of Wonder
@Unveiled Artist This might not help, but I'm not sure it won't. One possibility of course is that it's all nothing but coincidences and wishful thinking. Another possibility is that there might be powers and influences in us and all around us, including some which work over long distances and back and forth through time, which are part of nature but which have not all been modeled using physical measurements and mechanical analogies. Humans might have evolved in ways that enable us to use those powers and influences unconsciously and spontaneously, in the ways that the stories describe. It might also be part of the nature of those powers and influences to help bring out the best possibilities in people and in society. That could be experienced as a kind of will and purpose over and above all individual purposes. Another part of it might be experiences with nature that often feel like part of a personal relationship. All that might be progressively experienced as a relationship with One Person. I feel like i'm doing a very poor job of explaining a very poor understanding of what I'm trying to explain, but maybe it will give you some ideas to work with.

How to know which to follow, head, heart or intuition? Any or all of that could be coming from "God," whatever or whoever (s)he/ze/they/it might be. There might not be any formula or systematic way to know what to do with it all. It's just something to learn from study and practice, trial and error, and prayer if you have any faith in that. Even in math and physics, there isn't always any formula or direct method of finding a solution. That's why we have numerical methods like successive approximations.

ETA:

There might not be any systematic way to know each time what God's voice is saying. What can happen is that through study, prayer, practice and learning from others, we can train ourselves or be trained by God, however you want to look at it, to make better choices more often.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I notice you refer to The One as a "person" rather than an Unknown (X-for lack of better words). Do you use person because The One is a reflection/is the deities of Hinduism or does The One scripturely referred to The One; and, for what reason?

I cant go in a Hindu DIR. Unfortunately, conversations don't work with question only-comment format. Not a good way to dialogue especially on deep things like this. But an interfaith forum would work out if youre able to break it down for conversation.
Try again, Unveiled Artist, perhaps now you can. The Hindu forum has been recently reformatted. We love discussions, and we will love you being with us.

In Hinduism, God is known in two ways. 1. 'Saguna' (with attributes) and 2. 'Nirguna' (Without attributes). 'Saguna' can be addressed as a person - Rama, Krishna, Vishnu, Shiva, Mother Durga, etc. It is easier to connect with a personalized God or Goddess. The other form, 'Nirguna" is more difficult to internalize, as it offers no holds. It has no form, it does not involve itself in any action. Most Hindus worship the 'Saguna', leaving the 'Nirguna' for monks, scholars, philosophers.

ameyAtmA

~ ~
Premium Member
That aside, would you say the poetic description you provide defines The One or describes it?
It was description through experience.

Here is a DEFINITION: The Source of All Potential and Cause of All Causes

Is there some similar overtone (very very thin overtone) of The One in how I describe god below?
That is one aspect of the Divine. The Divine is both immanent and transcendent i.e. is the Source of All Potential abstract and concrete forms of existence, as well as the very fabric of that existence..Like a spider spins a web out of itself. No raw material apart from itself.

I notice you refer to The One as a "person" rather than an Unknown (X-for lack of better words). Do you use person because The One is a reflection/is the deities of Hinduism or does The One scripturely referred to The One; and, for what reason?

Personal experience takes precedence over scripture for me,

To me The One is a Formless Person. Formless because He can take any form, has the Most Beautiful of Forms and owns all forms, Referring as He or She is not just convenience , it is because the Divine is an actual embodiment of the Divine Principles.

Some people laugh at this as limiting God to descriptions for the never-describable, but looking deeply it is not limiting God, In fact it is God's way of presenting Himself in a manner that we can relate to, meditate on, live with. Unless He manifests His divinity, beauty, strength love and wisdom, in a subtle way (even if not material way) we could never fathom it or learn from it.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
To me The One is a Formless Person. Formless because He can take any form, has the Most Beautiful of Forms and owns all forms, Referring as He or She is not just convenience , it is because the Divine is an actual embodiment of the Divine Principles.

Some people laugh at this as limiting God to descriptions for the never-describable, but looking deeply it is not limiting God, In fact it is God's way of presenting Himself in a manner that we can relate to, meditate on, live with. Unless He manifests His divinity, beauty, strength love and wisdom, in a subtle way (even if not material way) we could never fathom it or learn from it.
In some ways, this looks very close to my way of thinking about God now.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Yes. It also says the devil can masks themselves as an angel. So, it takes a lot of faith and conviction to know whether you have the right biblical translation or one masked by satan. So it's not a light statement.

That's why just saying I-trust-you lord helps the self, if you want to live salvation rather than have it dormant, you serve god <<- that is works.

Letting god work through you by your faith and conviction is salvation.

You can't be saved without god working through you By HIS Works/service though you. Its a packaged deal.

Works--righteous works through Christ. Not yours. His.

You are saved by works through Christ NOT on your own.

Huge difference and there are too much scripture to back it up here.

Your scripture not excluded.

I understand, we are both careful to have orthodox doctrine (biblical, correct, godly doctrine) and orthopractice (right living, living by God's Word). So here's the thing. You wrote above "Letting god work through you by your faith and conviction is salvation."

There's not even one verse in the Bible that says anything like that! There are many verses that say, "Letting god work through you by your faith and conviction is sanctification (becoming Christlike)."

How we live is "walking with God, becoming more like Christ, being better, being less sinless, growing", called sanctification. Per the Bible, first Christ saves, then He sanctifies. Those who are saved but resist sanctification are called backsliders. Backsliders are saved, still, but disciplined by their father (see Hebrews 12).

Read the Bible with this understanding and you'll "get it".

Thanks.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
did He not give instruction?

go to your closet and close the door
and the Spirit that knows you will hear your prayer

true......He did not mention a response by Voice
but He did say.....ask, and you shall receive

I would say.....my event was not a response of asking
and there was no audible Voice

still......I seemed to be sure
and responded as if told

I'm not questioning that you heard God or yourself or the Devil. But only one of those would ALWAYS and ONLY tell you things that are biblically-based. The Bible says it contains the thoughts of God!

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I'm not questioning that you heard God or yourself or the Devil. But only one of those would ALWAYS and ONLY tell you things that are biblically-based. The Bible says it contains the thoughts of God!
so .....a fair warning.....would not be likely?

you would argue......no one is spared the coincidence and harm dealt as life goes on?
no intervention?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Gosh. I know you study scripture but if you can't find gods work as faith is salvation in scripture I feel you are using the bible in an idolistic word by word way. I'll come back to the other posts too but wow.

I understand, we are both careful to have orthodox doctrine (biblical, correct, godly doctrine) and orthopractice (right living, living by God's Word). So here's the thing. You wrote above "Letting god work through you by your faith and conviction is salvation."

There's not even one verse in the Bible that says anything like that! There are many verses that say, "Letting god work through you by your faith and conviction is sanctification (becoming Christlike)."

How we live is "walking with God, becoming more like Christ, being better, being less sinless, growing", called sanctification. Per the Bible, first Christ saves, then He sanctifies. Those who are saved but resist sanctification are called backsliders. Backsliders are saved, still, but disciplined by their father (see Hebrews 12).

Read the Bible with this understanding and you'll "get it".

Thanks.

Segev Moran

I like this. Does god communicate with you (communicate-voice);
Lol,i don't mean that as a literal. Gladly, i do not hear actual inner voices (or any voices no one else can hear :) )
That is quite weird of you to assume that :) If a meant actual voice i would have written God's voice, and not God's "voice".
and, when you say all three are communication from god or are gods voice,
When i say "head" as God's voice, i mean, for example, suddenly understanding something that led you to a much better decision.
When i say "gut" as God's voice, i mean this strong feeling about something that even everything seems to show otherwise, you are drawn to this "gut feeling" that you need to do something else.
When i have such a feeling (which is rare) i take much notice to it and it at times lead me to a much better understanding of things.
When i say "heart" as God's voice, i mean that sometimes, no matter how crazy a thing might be, you are blind to the consequences and go with your "heart".
Each of these on its own, can be a very dangerous thing to follow without the others in consideration in my POV.
how did you arrive to that conclusion
A mixture of the above ;)
(and what god do you believe in to make that decision if that's the case)?
[/QUOTE]
Come on... You know which one i refer to ;)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Lol
Lol,i don't mean that as a literal. Gladly, i do not hear actual inner voices (or an

I used voice to mean communicate when you said it depends on what I meant by voice. That would be weird if people did hear gods voice as a sound. I had a friend who said he whispers in her ears.

Come on... You know which one i refer to

Ha. Actually, I dont. I just go with the flow with whichever definition and attributes you guys talk about. Probably why I get confused. Even some atheists have their own version of god that isnt shared by many christians. Is it a force? A deity like zues? A human being? Mind or conscious awareness? And what the heck are these thing?

But, no. I dont like assuming.

When you came to those conclusions, did you already have criteria that confirmed your conclusions are the right ones? Go with the flow? How did the labels come up to define heart, gut, and brain as gods voices?

Segev Moran

Lol
I used voice to mean communicate when you said it depends on what I meant by voice. That would be weird if people did hear gods voice as a sound. I had a friend who said he whispers in her ears.
Really? wow, i will have hard time falling asleep if i heard that.
Ha. Actually, I dont. I just go with the flow with whichever definition and attributes you guys talk about. Probably why I get confused. Even some atheists have their own version of god that isnt shared by many christians. Is it a force? A deity like zues? A human being? Mind or conscious awareness? And what the heck are these thing?
No one knows :)
Only thing i am certain is that there is only one and it is related to everything.
But, no. I dont like assuming.
Basically I refer to God that is mainly referred to in the Jewish religion. (not to mix that with the Jewish religion itself)
When you came to those conclusions, did you already have criteria that confirmed your conclusions are the right ones?
I actually did :)
Go with the flow?
I used to go with the flow without looking.
Today i go with flow but i can see the correct flow i should go with ;)
How did the labels come up to define heart, gut, and brain as gods voices?
Its a very broad question, but to sum it up:

As the idea of God is not really defined, rather is a name for an unknown, no one really knows what God is.
What we can easily understand (if we study how), is that this thing we call God, is a part of everything in our existence.
This God, is not a thing you can see in the physical reality, but you can clearly see its effect on it.
(You can think of the idea of how we know there is dark energy.. we can't see it, so we cant describe it (yet?), but we know its there as we can clearly see its affect on our universe).

So Eventually, upon the understanding that every instant of your reality is really governed by this same unknown, it becomes apparent that every thing in your life is also governed (not to mix with tempered) by this thing we call God.
A similar analog might be Gravity. It affects our entire reality. its not something we can understand, but we know it is a key force in everything that we see.
Without gravity nothing will matter... literally.

As for the terms, i didn't invent them, they are a common terms for specific scientific processes.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
so .....a fair warning.....would not be likely?

you would argue......no one is spared the coincidence and harm dealt as life goes on?
no intervention?

I would argue differently. We all have a God-given conscience and can see the angels and devils on our shoulders...

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I would argue differently. We all have a God-given conscience and can see the angels and devils on our shoulders...
but this post leans to the notion.....there are many voices to listen to

how do you know? .....when you hear what you need

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
but this post leans to the notion.....there are many voices to listen to

how do you know? .....when you hear what you need

I understand, what is supposed to happen:

1) Hear voice/get an idea/concept/doctrine/command

2) Is it biblical?

3) Accept biblical truth or else move on