• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

online handles and our identity

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I am hoping that my online persona will one day accidentally bump into my offline persona. I am just going to sit back and watch.
I wonder if the universe will explode or collapse?
IRL I am much cruder & less politic.....kind of revolting.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
My Viking handle reflects my feelings about myself... Þórbjörn (Thorbjorn, a genuine Old Norse and Icelandic male name), "Thunder Bear". I'm a short stocky (OK OK, fat) bear and I can get rambunctious and thunderous
You stole my name, damn you! :mad::p

I do identify as a bear in the queer cultural sense and my power animal is a brown bear. I was always jealous of that name when you had it.

Flame

Beware
Mine comes from the fact I was quite a pyro in my childhood (had a fascination with burning candles, camp fires, bonfires).

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Mine is one I started using many years, possibly before my teens, and because I'm not that good with coming up with names I've just stayed with it.
As for who I am, I'm more-or-less the same, though in real life it often takes me a minute to put my thoughts into words and I have to process things which makes me a bit slow at conversation

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
How was does your online handle and persona effect or relate to your idea of who you are? Me, I think of my self as much as iti oj as I do Mick. Honestly I catch myself thinking of my self as iti often and i can be a bit disconcerting.

Well, I kept it simple since I change my mind a lot. My father's name is Carl and I am his little 'ita. So, that's my middle name and what I go by online.

I wanted to change it to GypsySoul (or spirit-can't remember which) since I'm a brat of a military brat and just as I have moved a lot, so does my beliefs fluctuate all the time.

That, and the 'ita sounds smooth when @Smart_Guy says it. ;)

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
My online names protect my real life identity up to a certain point. My different online names are usually specific to specific aspects of my personality, thoughts and desires.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Well, I kept it simple since I change my mind a lot. My father's name is Carl and I am his little 'ita. So, that's my middle name and what I go by online.

I wanted to change it to GypsySoul (or spirit-can't remember which) since I'm a brat of a military brat and just as I have moved a lot, so does my beliefs fluctuate all the time.

That, and the 'ita sounds smooth when @Smart_Guy says it. ;)

Hi there... 'ita :)

Kueid

Avant-garde
Kueid is my childhood nickname, a lot of people know me by that name alone, in my work some know me by my ID name, some gave me an new nickname and call me "samurai" or "Buddha" (because of my long hair and ignorance from people). I don't have a personality, I don't stand out in anything, I'm average at all I do and ultimately don't know who/what am I, as I try to find out I do a lot of other things like an RF acc.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
The original concept of "Goddess Ashtara" was to create a name that reflected the syncretization and combining of the archetypes of the Hellenic goddess Athena and the Mesopotamian goddess Ishtar.

It is pronounced "Ash-ter-ah"

Last edited by a moderator:

Kapalika

Premium Member
I kind of see personality as a conglomeration of various archetypes, ideas and tendencies. Online I don't feel any radically different than in person, but I might have a "persona" in that a certain side of me shows more than others simply due to the nature of that environment. For example it would be inappropriate to show my religious side in a forum about say strategy or tabletop games. The side of me people would see there would be more the hobby/mental side of me (I.E. the ways I problem solve and plan things ect).

Mandi was chosen mostly randomly as a derivative of Amanda which is a name I sometimes go by online. I think most of the time on this forum my sense of humor shows through just as much as my religiosity, which is kind of weird maybe. Though I think some here have been exposed to my musical persona which is partly religious due to the kind of music I make.