• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One world order

Riders

Are we coming upon a situation where the world will go along with one organization and agree to certain rules and standards for all? Will, we actually have a one-world government or is this a conspiracy theory? Why do Christians believe it's the coming of the anti-Christ?

What do Christians have against it and what would it mean for Americans? Would it be beneficial to us? What exactly does a one-world government have that we need?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The world is gradually becoming more interconnected with a slow growth of common rules and standards. It's not by any means a straight line, but over time it is happening.

I don't see a world government happening anytime in the near future. What I do see in the light of COVID is more common understanding that working together is important and the more we work together the better life is. That to me will continue.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I say bring it on. Let's have a NWO that runs the governmenta. International conflict, will just become conflict, maybe then we will start to look for solutions to it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It is interesting, as this one world order thing as predicted basically doesn't happen and can't happen without a pre-Tribulation Rapture. But that idea has weak Biblical support, and we know today it is very likely Revelations is about the Rome that was contemporary to John, not prophecy of future events.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Lmao. Sounds perfect.
The thread is "one world order" and I see NWO, it's about like seeing the letters "xd" on my green scion, lmao. (I want to pop them off, snap them apart and flip them around and then put them back on my car).:D

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Are we coming upon a situation where the world will go along with one organization and agree to certain rules and standards for all? Will, we actually have a one-world government or is this a conspiracy theory? Why do Christians believe it's the coming of the anti-Christ?

What do Christians have against it and what would it mean for Americans? Would it be beneficial to us? What exactly does a one-world government have that we need?

If you are going to be one of the folks that have power in the new order, then great.
Otherwise, best not to complain too loudly.

Power tends to corrupt everybody. Even people with the best of intentions.

For Americans, I suppose it would mean trading freedom for a sense of security. Depends on what you value more and whether you trust the people that you give power over you.

exchemist

Veteran Member

Quite the opposite. China is moving again towards totalitarianism and the world is becoming more nationalistic and fragmented. I think we have seen the high point of internationalism some years ago and now it is matter of trying to prevent a retreat to national silos and warfare.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member

There are some various globalist groups and indoviduals that wish for that to come about, but the common people keep rejecting it and supporting populist and more nationalist parties and figures. I see no positives that it would bring.. it would be a combination of 1984, Brave New World and a cyberpunk dystopia, with the sorts running the show on this planet. I'd rather die than live under that system.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Not without a huge global war first.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I say bring it on. Let's have a NWO that runs the governmenta. International conflict, will just become conflict, maybe then we will start to look for solutions to it.
Isn't that what everyone who wanted to take over the world did?

Lucky the solutions that came about so far manifested loud and clear. Except of course for the unsuccessful losers.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Will, we actually have a one-world government or is this a conspiracy theory? Why do Christians believe it's the coming of the anti-Christ?

Regarding anti-Christ:

It’s a group.
1 John 2:18, NKJV....Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.
Regarding a World Government:

That’s what God’s Kingdom will be.
Daniel 2:44....”In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever.” (Matthew 6:9-10)

Brian2

Veteran Member

It would be great to have some cooperation around the world so that we could have peace and end poverty and end destruction of the environment and end injustices etc
Humans however seem to have agendas that can only take these things so far.
If the anti Christ involves agreement all over the world about certain things so that only those with a certain mark can buy and sell etc then a one world order would be a good thing in bringing this about and opening the way for an antichrist to act. I guess that may be why some Christians are against a one world order.
It is interesting to think who might be running a one world order and the possible agendas it might have.
Nevertheless I say bring on the antichrist so that Jesus comes back to save the day and bring in the Kingdom of God on earth.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Are we coming upon a situation where the world will go along with one organization and agree to certain rules and standards for all? Will, we actually have a one-world government or is this a conspiracy theory?
As a Baha'i, it is not my understanding that there will one centralized world government that will govern everyone but rather there will still be nations and states and city governments as we have now, but there will be a world tribunal that oversees all the nations of the earth.

“The Great Being, wishing to reveal the prerequisites of the peace and tranquillity of the world and the advancement of its peoples, hath written: The time must come when the imperative necessity for the holding of a vast, an all-embracing assemblage of men will be universally realized. The rulers and kings of the earth must needs attend it, and, participating in its deliberations, must consider such ways and means as will lay the foundations of the world’s Great Peace amongst men. Such a peace demandeth that the Great Powers should resolve, for the sake of the tranquillity of the peoples of the earth, to be fully reconciled among themselves. Should any king take up arms against another, all should unitedly arise and prevent him. If this be done, the nations of the world will no longer require any armaments, except for the purpose of preserving the security of their realms and of maintaining internal order within their territories. This will ensure the peace and composure of every people, government and nation. We fain would hope that the kings and rulers of the earth, the mirrors of the gracious and almighty name of God, may attain unto this station, and shield mankind from the onslaught of tyranny. …The day is approaching when all the peoples of the world will have adopted one universal language and one common script. When this is achieved, to whatsoever city a man may journey, it shall be as if he were entering his own home. These things are obligatory and absolutely essential. It is incumbent upon every man of insight and understanding to strive to translate that which hath been written into reality and action…. That one indeed is a man who, today, dedicateth himself to the service of the entire human race. The Great Being saith: Blessed and happy is he that ariseth to promote the best interests of the peoples and kindreds of the earth. In another passage He hath proclaimed: It is not for him to pride himself who loveth his own country, but rather for him who loveth the whole world. The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp.249-250

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
As a Baha'i, it is not my understanding that there will one centralized world government that will govern everyone but rather there will still be nations and states and city governments as we have now, but there will be a world tribunal that oversees all the nations of the earth.
The will be a world government, but a federal government like we have now in the United States, where each nation will take care of all affairs that don't affect the rest of the world, and a central government that takes care of all affairs of concern in common with all nations. The will be what we call a Supreme Tribunal that decides disputes between nations that can't come to a agreement, as I understand it.

When the central government sees a government abusing their own people, I think probably the world government will intervene, but that's just my opinion. Likewise, when a just national government is assailed by an inner uprising in their country the world government will help them put the rebellion down possibly. At least it makes common sense to me it would work that way in practice. Mind you, this is not laid out in the Writings, but the point is that the Writings lay out the general picture and the nitty gritty details have to be worked out by the nations themselves. As you quote in your post:

"The rulers and kings of the earth must needs attend it, and, participating in its deliberations, must consider such ways and means as will lay the foundations of the world’s Great Peace amongst men."

In other words, it is up to these national representatives to work out all details. I don't expect that there will be a "Baha'i" government, either, as many allege. Each nation also will work out over time what system of government they want, that these nations I expect will be majority Baha'i over time, it's true, but the rights of of all minorities will be respected whether it be religion, race, gender, or whatever. The Baha'is, in other words won't run roughshod over all others and not allow them to vote, for instance. It is unknown at this time what each government in each nation will look like now. How can we, with the situation always changing and in flux all the time?

I've said probably more than needs to be said, but I'm trying to cover all contingencies.

It seems to me that world leaders want it and do almost anything to achieve it. I think it is the same as what people tried with the tower of Babel, which is basically also the same as the Tower of Mordor.

"Come, let's build us a city, and a tower, whose top reaches to the sky, and let's make us a name; lest we be scattered abroad on the surface of the whole earth."
Gen. 11:4

It is essentially against freedom of the people, which is why I think it is wrong and bad. People were created to be free. And the idea of one government that rules all like the "One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them, One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.", is not good for freedom.

It is really bad when power is centralized to few. As it is said, “power corrupts…” (Lord Acton). I think most of the problems in this world are because people have given their power to governments. No wars would exist, if people would be independent, without governments. One could say, it would be better, if there would be only one. And basically, it could be that there would be no wars, but there also would be no freedom, which is why I think it would be bad.

Also, if we read 1 Sam. 8, I think it is obvious that governments are not what God wanted for people.

exchemist

Veteran Member
It seems to me that world leaders want it and do almost anything to achieve it. I think it is the same as what people tried with the tower of Babel, which is basically also the same as the Tower of Mordor.

"Come, let's build us a city, and a tower, whose top reaches to the sky, and let's make us a name; lest we be scattered abroad on the surface of the whole earth."
Gen. 11:4

It is essentially against freedom of the people, which is why I think it is wrong and bad. People were created to be free. And the idea of one government that rules all like the "One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them, One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.", is not good for freedom.

It is really bad when power is centralized to few. As it is said, “power corrupts…” (Lord Acton). I think most of the problems in this world are because people have given their power to governments. No wars would exist, if people would be independent, without governments. One could say, it would be better, if there would be only one. And basically, it could be that there would be no wars, but there also would be no freedom, which is why I think it would be bad.

Also, if we read 1 Sam. 8, I think it is obvious that governments are not what God wanted for people.
What evidence do you have that "world leaders want it"?

Do you see Biden, Xi, Putin, Modi and Merkel agreeing on much? I don't.