• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One Saviour?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
But, with respect, that doesn't answer my question.
If Jesus Christ is the most complete expression, or image of the living God, that we have, what is it about Jesus Christ that you reject?

Obviously the Abrahamic religions are not the only ones out there.

I have read the Bible - and do not find YHVH credible. Far too much human murderous emotions, and actions, and laws against women, etc.

As for Jesus - he was claiming to be the awaited Messiah sent from YHVH.

I don't believe in YHVH - so - no Messiah Jesus .....

Thief

Rogue Theologian
ONE - I believe such to be MYTH.

TWO - Unlike you folks - I don't debase myself - and think I need some outside salvation.

Ultimately.....your acceptance of 'whatever salvation is' would be the item needed.

I suspect salvation is a discipline you have acquired.
It might have been taught by Someone else....but it is yours to take.

Redemptionsong

Ingledsva,
Can you save yourself from death? No.
You're in a sinking sand. How can you help yourself out of such a mess? It's arrogance to think you can be self-sufficient and not need God. This is exactly the sin that Adam and Eve were guilty of. You make yourself God!

psychoslice

Veteran Member
To me there are many saviours, Jesus was on one, a saviour is any one who guides you to your true self. There is only one true self, and that is consciousness, or the source, or God if you prefer that name, and because a saviour brings you to that consciousness, all saviours are one in consciousness.

When we look to a saviour as being the only one, we are seeing the mind body and we worship that body, when in fact we should be looking to where that body points to, so many put their chosen saviour up on a pedastal, where in fact we should be rising beyond that idol of worship, and become that which the idol points to, and that is consciousness, the story of Jesus or any saviour is in truth yours and my story. When we have truly realize this, we then become the saviour, we can how point others to their true self.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Ingledsva,
Can you save yourself from death? No.
You're in a sinking sand. How can you help yourself out of such a mess? It's arrogance to think you can be self-sufficient and not need God. This is exactly the sin that Adam and Eve were guilty of. You make yourself God!

LOL! Neither can you. You are going to die just like all humans.

Your belief in the Christian myth does not make it a reality.

Redemptionsong

Of course I'm going to die, but there is no greater authority on the question of life after death than Jesus Christ. He went through death and was raised to life, as witnesses then and now are able to faithfully testify. He is the firstfruits of the harvest; He is the resurrection. This isn't something you have to wait to discover. The truth of his resurrection is with us now.
You may choose to walk in unbelief, but there can be no hope or solace in such a walk.

Redemptionsong

pschoslice, salvation is to be saved from sin and death. If your true self is not sinless, and if your true self is not in union with the one Spirit and God of creation, there is no hope of salvation. God is sinless and God is life.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Of course I'm going to die, but there is no greater authority on the question of life after death than Jesus Christ. He went through death and was raised to life, as witnesses then and now are able to faithfully testify. He is the firstfruits of the harvest; He is the resurrection. This isn't something you have to wait to discover. The truth of his resurrection is with us now.
You may choose to walk in unbelief, but there can be no hope or solace in such a walk.

Walking with the truth but speaking untruth is counterproductive.

There can be no hope or solace? Bully

But it is true that by walking in unbelief there should be no heavenly hope, but solace is like the rain and falls for everyone and like the sunshine that everyone may share.

Speak truth with one another. Ephesians 4:25

Redemptionsong

Savagewind,
It is not bullying to say that there is no hope or solace in unbelief.

As you say, solace is 'like the sunshine'. This is exactly what the scriptures say about the Lord God.
Psalm 84:11, 'For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will be withhold from them that walk uprightly. O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee.'
Psalm 89:36, 'His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me.'

And please don't ask me to speak the truth (Ephesians 4:25) when I am sharing the gospel message. What did Jesus say about himself, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life:'.

What other truth are you wanting to hear?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Savagewind,
It is not bullying to say that there is no hope or solace in unbelief.

As you say, solace is 'like the sunshine'. This is exactly what the scriptures say about the Lord God.
Psalm 84:11, 'For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will be withhold from them that walk uprightly. O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee.'
Psalm 89:36, 'His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me.'

And please don't ask me to speak the truth (Ephesians 4:25) when I am sharing the gospel message. What did Jesus say about himself, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life:'.

What other truth are you wanting to hear?

Jesus is the sharer of the gospel message. Are you too? Is he alive or not? Jesus is The Truth. Are you?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

That is your belief - not mine.

Redemptionsong

Savagewind,
Jesus commanded his disciples to share the gospel - Mark 16:16 'Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.' Am I right to do so? I believe so.
Is Jesus alive? Yes, I believe so.
Is Jesus Christ the Truth? Yes, I believe so.
Am I the truth? Certainly not.
Yet through faith in the risen Christ I do believe I am a part of his spiritual body on earth.

May I also say, I believe his judgement will be fair and balanced.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Savagewind,
Jesus commanded his disciples to share the gospel - Mark 16:16 'Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.' Am I right to do so? I believe so.
Is Jesus alive? Yes, I believe so.
Is Jesus Christ the Truth? Yes, I believe so.
Am I the truth? Certainly not.
Yet through faith in the risen Christ I do believe I am a part of his spiritual body on earth.

May I also say, I believe his judgement will be fair and balanced.

We agree!

psychoslice

Veteran Member
pschoslice, salvation is to be saved from sin and death. If your true self is not sinless, and if your true self is not in union with the one Spirit and God of creation, there is no hope of salvation. God is sinless and God is life.

No, your saviour is always going to be outside of you, no one can save you, you must find your true inner being, call that God or whatever. The so called Christ is within you, it was never outside of anyone, as also with the Krishna or Buddha consciousness. Jesus was just another story of the thread that runs through all of us, the Buddha and Krishna consciousness is also the same thread, just different cultures with their different stories.