• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One Saviour?

Redemptionsong

Ingledsva,
The human race is under sin. Separated from the spirit of God they are reliant on laws and justice revealed by God through prophets. This is what the law is all about. It may seem harsh but it lays down what is right and wrong. It also teaches a people that God is holy and that he wants his people to be holy.
From a human perspective, living under law is hard. You don't know God personally but, instead, are reliant on priests and prophets to guide you through life. It's no wonder that people stray and fail to do God's will. Even if they seem squeaky clean on the outside they are often corrupt inside.
Jesus Christ, and the New Testament, is not about MORE law and religion. I suspect, however, that, like many thousands of so-called Christians, this is what you imagined it to be when you started out.
I would say that, unless you have genuinely received the baptism in the Holy Spirit, you cannot be called a member of the body of Christ. It's the Holy Spirit that defines your new status as a Christian. People who really know Jesus as Saviour don't suddenly give up on the person who died for them!

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Ingledsva,
The human race is under sin. Separated from the spirit of God they are reliant on laws and justice revealed by God through prophets. This is what the law is all about. It may seem harsh but it lays down what is right and wrong. It also teaches a people that God is holy and that he wants his people to be holy.
From a human perspective, living under law is hard. You don't know God personally but, instead, are reliant on priests and prophets to guide you through life. It's no wonder that people stray and fail to do God's will. Even if they seem squeaky clean on the outside they are often corrupt inside.
Jesus Christ, and the New Testament, is not about MORE law and religion. I suspect, however, that, like many thousands of so-called Christians, this is what you imagined it to be when you started out.
I would say that, unless you have genuinely received the baptism in the Holy Spirit, you cannot be called a member of the body of Christ. It's the Holy Spirit that defines your new status as a Christian. People who really know Jesus as Saviour don't suddenly give up on the person who died for them!

Very true, these discussions are often apples/oranges. You have believers, and people merely reliant on faulty historicity figurations.

Sees

Dragonslayer
Ingledsva,

Curious how you see justice as well as right and wrong in lieu of some being predestined for salvation/body of Christ and others not? Going along with the omniscient creator God theme

Thief

Rogue Theologian
This is ridiculous. I started out as a Christian. After College, much study of world religion, and extended study of the Bible - in which I found too much false, too much unbelievable myth, and YHVH having far too many of the worst of human attributes, it was obvious to me that YHVH is just a creation of ancient patriarchal tribesmen.

And the laws they wrote which allow them to own slaves, control women, possess multiple women, captured war sex slaves, hold sex concubines, murder people that had other religions, murder their own that decided to follow another God, etc., proved this to me.

Much of this I agree to.
But let's not set aside that God can have a sense of indignation.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Ingledsva,
From a human perspective, living under law is hard.

ING - As stated - these laws are the worst of patriarchal society made into "God laws" - actually made up by MEN - so men can be patriarchal murderous, raping, creeps!

God has no need for men to own and control women - own multiple sex slaves - or allow them to rape women captured in wars, etc!

That is NOT GOD! That crap is MEN - MEN - and more MEN!

You don't know God personally but, instead, are reliant on priests and prophets to guide you through life. It's no wonder that people stray and fail to do God's will. Even if they seem squeaky clean on the outside they are often corrupt inside.

ING - I studied it.

And there comes the crap!

Christians that murder - weren't really Christians.

Christians that scr** their neighbor - weren't really Christians.

Christians that study and decide the Bible is written by man - weren't really Christian.

"Weren't really Christian to began with" - is how you folks lie to yourselves, allowing you to continue believing in a book that allows slaves, sex slaves, rape, murder for being different, etc. Even when you KNOW such are WRONG!

Redemptionsong

Ingledsva,
The God of the Bible has revealed himself to a sinful people over time. It has taken thousands of years for the truth to unfold. This is not because God is unwilling, simply that people need to grow to maturity.
Jesus enables us to get to know God close up. We are able to hear his words, experience his healing, feel his love. He is a friend unlike any other. If you really know Jesus, it's not possible to betray him without regret. And even then he continues to offer forgiveness and a fresh start.
What is it about Jesus that makes you so angry?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member

Christians that study and decide the Bible is written by man - weren't really Christian.

"Weren't really Christian to began with" - is how you folks lie to yourselves, allowing you to continue believing in a book that allows slaves, sex slaves, rape, murder for being different, etc. Even when you KNOW such are WRONG!

Seriously what are you talking about? Time to start presenting evidence from Scripture, starting your own threads, or I'm not engaging you in discussion.

CMike

I concur.

What specifically are you talking about it.

I'll be happy to address them-again.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Unitarians believe in one God. So too do Christian Trinitarians.

Trinitarians say that there is one saviour - the Lord God.

Unitarians say that God is the Saviour. So is Jesus NOT Saviour?[

Jesus could not save himself, as per Christians, from a cursed death on Cross; how could he save others and become a savior?

Regards

Last edited:

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Ingledsva,
The God of the Bible has revealed himself to a sinful people over time. It has taken thousands of years for the truth to unfold. This is not because God is unwilling, simply that people need to grow to maturity.
Jesus enables us to get to know God close up. We are able to hear his words, experience his healing, feel his love. He is a friend unlike any other. If you really know Jesus, it's not possible to betray him without regret. And even then he continues to offer forgiveness and a fresh start.
What is it about Jesus that makes you so angry?

1. I'm not angry.

2. I believe - after study - that YHVH is pure myth.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Ingledsva said:

Seriously what are you talking about? Time to start presenting evidence from Scripture, starting your own threads, or I'm not engaging you in discussion.
CMike said:
I concur.

What specifically are you talking about it.

I'll be happy to address them-again.

The first part is self evident - so I'll assume you refer to the last sentence.

You know perfectly well that they held real SLAVES forever.

Concubines are sex slaves. I might also add that this is RAPE.

Exo 21:7 And when a man sells his daughter for a slave-girl, she shall not go out as the male slaves go out.

Exo 21:8 If she is unacceptable in the eyes of her master, who had taken her for himself, then shall he let her be ransomed: to sell her unto a foreign people he hath no power, after having dealt treacherously with her. (bagad - to cover - pillage)

You can own slaves forever - and breed them (rape) for more slaves - and pass them on as an inheritance.

Exo 21:2-4 When you buy a Hebrew slave, he (MALE ONLY) shall serve six years, and in the seventh he shall go out free, for nothing. If he comes in single, he shall go out single; if he comes in married, then his wife shall go out with him
If his master have given him a woman (RAPE), and she have born him sons or daughters; the woman and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out by himself.

Lev 25:44-46 As for your male and female slaves whom you may have: you may buy male and female slaves from among the nations that are around you. You may also buy from among the strangers who sojourn with you and their clans that are with you, who have been born in your land, and they may be your property. You may bequeath them to your sons after you to inherit as a possession forever. You may make slaves of them, but over your brothers the people of Israel you shall not rule, one over another ruthlessly.

Deu 21:10 When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies, and the LORD thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou hast taken them captive,

Deu 21:11 And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy woman;

Deu 21:12 Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house; and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails;

Deu 21:13 And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her master, and she shall be thy woman.

Deu 21:14 And it shall be, if thou find no delight in her, then thou shalt let her go whither she will; but thou shalt not sell her at all for money, thou shalt not make merchandise of her, because thou hast humbled her. (RAPED HER)

And of course they kidnapped and raped the women of Shiloh.

Jdg 21:20 Therefore they commanded the children of Benjamin, saying, Go and lie in wait in the vineyards;

Jdg 21:21 And see, and, behold, if the daughters of Shiloh come out to dance in dances, then come ye out of the vineyards, and catch you every man his woman of the daughters of Shiloh, and go to the land of Benjamin. (RAPE)

Exo 22:20 He that sacrifices unto any god, save unto YHVH only, he shall be utterly destroyed.

eu 13:6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;

Deu 13:7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;

Deu 13:8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:
Deu 13:9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

Deu 13:10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

Deu 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded;

Deu 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel:

Deu 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

2Ch 15:12 And they entered into a covenant to seek the LORD God of their fathers with all their heart and with all their soul;

2Ch 15:13 That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.

Deu 13:12 If thou shalt hear say in one of thy cities, which the LORD thy God hath given thee to dwell there, saying,

Deu 13:13 Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known;

Deu 13:14 Then shalt thou enquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you;

Deu 13:15 Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword.

Deu 13:16 And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, for the LORD thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not be built again.

Isa 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.

Last edited:

Redemptionsong

Ingledsva,
It says in 2 Corinthians 4:3,4: ' But if our gospel be hid, it is hid in them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.'

Christ is the image of God, the same God you believe is myth. What is it, therefore, that you find so hard to accept about Christ? He represents the fulfilment of the law, and the perfection of humanity. What is it you find so hard to accept about Jesus Christ? What did he say or do that leads you to the conclusion that he must be a myth?

Last edited:

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Ingledsva,
It says in 2 Corinthians 4:3,4: ' But if our gospel be hid, it is hid in them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.'

Christ is the image of God, the same God you believe is myth. What is it, therefore, that you find so hard to accept about Christ? He represents the fulfilment of the law, and the perfection of humanity. What is it you find so hard to accept about Jesus Christ? What did he say or do that leads you to the conclusion that must be a myth?

What the Bible says, tells me it is a myth, written by tribal, patriarchal, males, for themselves.

And by the way - I said I believe YHVH and the Bible are myth. I did not say there is no God.

Redemptionsong

But, with respect, that doesn't answer my question.
If Jesus Christ is the most complete expression, or image of the living God, that we have, what is it about Jesus Christ that you reject?