• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

one month trip

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
During my 6 months backpacking trip in Europe I've been to Amsterdam, the black forest in Germany, France, London, Scotland, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Other places I've spent more than a month are China, where I've seen outstanding sites of old and modern China and been to several major cities including Hong Kong. And then there is New Zealand which I've found amazingly beautiful.
One of the next places I might plan a long trip to is South and Central America, where I'm interested in exploring its archaeological sites and perhaps travel as far as Easter Island.

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
if you have one month trip abroad, where will you spend it?

i'll spend it 25 days in mecca and 5 days in Medina
I am not interested in any foreign trip, However if I get enough free time than I will try to visit different parts of my country. :D

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Asia: Japan, China, South Korea and India. I know Asia is a lot more countries but I'd want to go around these ones the most.

I'm facinated with Japanese culture, food and technology. Not to mention all of the awesome Harajuku clothing styles. I would probably at least 2 weeks here. That's what we'd planned anyway, when we can afford it. I'd love experience both sides of Japan, the citylife and the traditional.

After that, go to China, the famous sites and experience real Chinese food. Also, it still has some beautiful environments to see, mountains and wonderful wildlife (which I hope they will protect more in the future). I'm interested in the traditional side of China, rather than city. A week should do.

Quick stop to South Korea, because I just need to go there to have a complete experience. They have a unique culture and language that is quite different from the other countries that emmerged from China. Ever had Korean BBQ? It's one of my favourite foods. :drool: I don't think I'd stay here long, only a few days. Not much to do I can think of, apart from food and looking at historical bits and North Korea related things.

India, because I'd love to go to the spiritual sites, I'd hope to be inspired by it. Also, I'd love to go around the markets and shops. I love all of the beautiful colours their clothes and items have. I don't know much of Indian food other than typical stuff you get here (naan, bhaji, samosa, curry) and I can't stand spicy stuff... So I don't know, food wise, if I'd enjoy this place.

Wow, well that's a month! But seriously, my dream is to travel all over. My husband already has done much of it, I'm jealous! Also, this makes me sound like a big glutton! Can't help it, I love food and the different tastes you get from each country. :eat:

Pastek

Sunni muslim
Brazil and Argentina
Kenya and Zanzibar
Japan, China, Australia

One month wouldn't be enought i think

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
This is a hard question, because there's so many places I'd like to see. A short list would include: Ireland (the place of my ancestory), the four Buddhist holy sites in India, China, and Japan, to name a few.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
would you please share photos for these places?

I personally would select these places first:

Varanasi, the oldest city and the spiritual capitol of India

Varanasi.jpg

Mt Kailash, which is said to be the home of Lord Shiva

1282717960.jpg

Mathura, the city where Krishna was born over 5000 years ago

mathura-krishna-birthplace.half.jpg

And Rishikesh, which has special religious significance and is vegetarian by law (awesome)

rishikesh-tourism2.jpg

triveni-ghats-rishikesh-temple-beautiful-wallpaper.JPG

GANGA-AARTI-AT-RAM-ZHULA.jpg

Last edited:

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I'd spend time in Ireland, British country, and Athens.

Either that or go back to Japan. ^_^