• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"One Fact to Refute Creationism"

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You are contradicting yourself now.

I do not have to verify it's accuracy. Show me a rule or a law stating otherwise. It is an article publicly available on the internet.

The responsibility of it's accuracy is on the news organization that released the article. They are accountable for any incorrect information. Not everyone that reads it.

Show me where i said otherwise (as you claim) to contradict myself... Didn't happen and you know it.

There is the law of libel, more relevantly there is common decency, and of course, the personal embarasment of getting caught out citing a cherry picked hate diatribe to bolster your own claims.

That is not the argument and unless you have a serious problem with comprehension then you know that is not the argument. Everyone else on here knows you cited a cherry picked hate article without validating it. And everyone knows you are protesting to much because you are embarrassed that you were challenged about your lack of morality in citing such an article unchecked

Faithofchristian

Actually you did. I told you that you would not realize that you did. You used a double negative. That means that you said the opposite of what you think that you said. Once again, this is extremely basic logic.

Do you want me to make it clear where you did say that?

Sorry, you don't know that and you just confirmed it again. The Bible cannot confirm itself. That is circular reasoning on your part. A logical fallacy.

Now this does not make sense as written. The theory of evolution has been tested millions of times and confirmed. The Bible has been tested and has failed. Just because you are afraid to test the Bible does not mean that others are not afraid to do so.

Actually you do have to test it. Otherwise you are just accepting a book on faith and you once again claim that your religion is no different from Voodoo. Why do you claim that? By refusing to test it you are in effect claiming that.

Nope, you are conflating mere belief with knowledge. You have been given ample chances to demonstrate that you know that the Bible is true and you have not been able to do so. In fact all you have confirmed is that you do not understand the Bible.

I am not the one that is afraid here. I can handle the fact that the Bible fails. Heck, I could handle it if the Bible passed tests. You are the one that is scared. Not me.

Please, we have already demonstrated that you are the one that does not understand the Bible. Now you are openly breaking the Ninth Commandment by making false testimony against others.

Once again you are not being honest. I am not the one that is afraid here. I am not the one that does not understand your book of myths.

That's right, the bible doesn't need anyone to confirm if it's true. The bible Confirms it's self to be true.

So what's hard about that. You make things hard.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That's right, the bible doesn't need anyone to confirm if it's true. The bible Confirms it's self to be true.

So what's hard about that. You make things hard.
Sorry but that is mere belief. Once again you denigrate the Bible by putting it on the same level as Voodoo or belief in fairies. People that believe in fairies make the same sort of claim that you do.

So why do you insult the Bible in that fashion?

Faithofchristian

I know that. Everyone here can see that you do not understand the sciences at all. That is why I offered to help you understand the basics of science.

Oh my! You don't know if any concept is right or not UNTIL it is tested. By admitting that you do not test the Bible you in effect admit that you do not know if it is true. You only confirm that all you have is mere belief.

Partially. It is tested to see if it is correct. That has been done. Now the tests are done to understand HOW life evolved. We are far past seeing if it happened we are now trying to understand the exact steps taken?

Do you understand the difference? You might know that your uncle traveled from Miami to wherever you live, but you may not know how he got there. Asking him questions or looking for evidence is how you would find out what route he took.

Sorry you can't know without tests. All you have is mere belief.

Once again, if you know it, you can show it. You can't show anything except for belief, that means that you do not know it. Faith is not a road to truth. One can have faith in any religion. By your standards Voodoo is true since people have faith in it.

Tell me, why do you claim that Voodoo is true?

All your trying to do, is trying to divert from whats being talk about, that's how evolutionist operate.

When you get caught, you go about diverting from what's being talk about.

Look when a person takes a test, they are taking a test to see if they are qualified for whatever they are taking the test for.

Therefore to test evolution is to see, if it's qualified to fit into what's it's being tested for.

Before evolution was tested, it had no qualifications, to fit into anything.

Where as the bible didn't need to be tested, the bible already had all the qualifications.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
There is the law of libel.

Libel would only apply to the newspaper that published the article or the writer of the article.

Considering Dawkins hasn't sued the guardian. Its safe to say there was no libel involved.

Regardless citing an article is not libel.:kissingheart:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
All your trying to do, is trying to divert from whats being talk about, that's how evolutionist operate.

When you get caught, you go about diverting from what's being talk about.

Look when a person takes a test, they are taking a test to see if they are qualified for whatever they are taking the test for.

Therefore to test evolution is to see, if it's qualified to fit into what's it's being tested for.

Before evolution was tested, it had no qualifications, to fit into anything.

Where as the bible didn't need to be tested, the bible already had all the qualifications.

No, I am trying to explain your errors to you. And you do not know the purpose of testing. You have a lot to learn.

Evolution has been tested because that is how we see if an idea is correct and to learn from the tests. It has passed those tests. The Bible has been tested and shown to be false. It has failed those tests.

You are afraid to test the Bible because you do not want to know if it is false. You are already deathly afraid that it is .

ChristineM

Premium Member
Libel would only apply to the newspaper that published the article or the writer of the article.

Considering Dawkins hasn't sued the guardian. Its safe to say there was no libel involved.

Regardless citing an article is not libel.:kissingheart:

You asked a question, i answered,. You cherry picked the legal aspect. What about the rest?

dfnj

Not all. Just pointing out that you completely missed the issue.

I have not missed the issue. You just refuse to accept my answer. It's not the case creationists have to admit they may be wrong. Because it's not based on evidence. Creationist CHOOSE to believe in a creator God who can create the Universe in any amount of time including all the fake carbon dating and fossil evidence. You believe this is absolutely nuts because you have a different belief system with a completely different set of assumptions.

There is no evidence you will be able to provide to change the Creationists belief in an omnipotent creator God.

I do stick to my opinions, unless shown to be wrong, and, as I've done here, express them. Isn't that a ligitimate part of debating? Of course it is. The only thing I can't help is the offense some people take at them. You seem to consider my beliefs to be commands. They are not.

No you do not. Otherwise you would be talking about why your way of thinking is right as opposed other people are refusing to admit they are wrong by putting their fingers in their ears. Rather than being critical of the way other people are being maybe if you providing a strong enough argument as to why your way of thinking is better you might be more successful but I doubt you are able to do it.

Oh, I'm well aware of how chained Christians are to the necessity of their beliefs, which is the point I was making in my OP. To admit the possibility that creationism might be wrong is to open a chink in the armor of one's faith.

Faith is based on assumptions. Some people have weak faith. Many people have strong faith. For people with strong faith you are not going to be able to shake their faith with you scientific drivel. It's not that science is not a useful tool It's just science has limitations.

You make is sound like your way of thinking is absolutely truth. Good luck with that. Maybe your way of thinking is built on assumptions you are not aware of or willing to question.

Sure they do, and if you knew anything at all about cosmology you'd know how ignorant your remark here is. Science's "position on how all the energy came into existence out of nothingness" is that it's silly, principally because they reject it. Science may not know how energy came into existence, but just because they don't isn't reason enough to seriously consider it came out of "nothingness."

Rejecting the question by sticking your fingers in the your ears is not the best solution. The point I am trying to make is from a theist perspective not an anti-science position. Maybe you do not understand the reason why people have religion. People invent Gods and creation mythologies for specific reasons. Religion provides a context for people to live a meaningful life. Science does not provide this context. Religion will always exist because science doesn't answer the BIG questions about our existence.

That depends on the laws. Euler's laws of motion are very well understood and explainable. The laws of quantum mechanics not so much. So don't be painting science with any broad brushes unless you want to look like a fool. But so what? None of this has anything to do with the Christian refusal to look at and consider the evidence against creationism. Like it or not, IT IS a matter of sticking their fingers in their ears and say "la la la."

The laws of physics explain "how" nature behaves, not "why". Using mass and energy to measure mass and energy really says nothing about reality.

You seem to be under the impression science is knows everything, or knows enough. Contrary to your delusions, materialism is dead. Until science can clearly define what IT is that decides which quantum state gets realized once observed, it's all God to me:

Most scientist just ignore the evidence "idealism" is even necessary. Your choice.

You seem to be under the impression that science says it knows everything---why else claim it doesn't? Well, science has never made such a claim and it never will. That's simply not how science works. Unlike religious dogma, one of its operating principles is that it is always open to correction. It's why science progresses and can contribute to the betterment of life, like the computer you're using, AND how it can explain an awful lot about how nature behaves.

Science doesn't know everything. I was pointing it out that religion is necessary precisely because science does not answer the big questions.

Science is built on dogma and is no different than religion. "Time" for example is like the word "God". You can't see "Time", you can't hold it your hand, yet every man of science swears "Time" exists, is real, eternal, and Universal just like God. Here's a great article explaining why "Time" is a delusion:

"There Is No Such Thing As Time"

Science is great making a toaster or blowing up brown people in the Middle East. But science is not very good at the things most important to people's lives like how to live a moral life or why we are here to begin with.

But enough of your trolling.
Have a good day.

You don't think saying Creationists are sticking their fingers in their ears is not trolling? You just can't handle it when someone shoves your same dog food back in your own mouth. How's that taste?

Ponder This

I think sticking-finger-in-ear syndrome is found on both sides of the issue!

On that topic, here's someone - a paleontologist and former Stuttgart Museum of Natural History curator- who 'opened up his ears', so to speak....and promptly got blacklisted:

Here is an article about him, and more links:

Another Atheist Comes to Christ Because of Science – Proslogion

Wikipedia even removed their page on him!

According to Egyptian mythology, Judgement in the Afterlife takes places when the heart is placed upon a scale opposite a special feather. If the heart weighs more than the feather, it means the person's heart was more wicked than good and his heart will be consumed by a demon, dying a second death and being completely annihilated from existence.

If the scale display was meant to convince the religious of the merit of evolution, then perhaps they made an egregious error in presentation...:tonguewink:

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You've convinced me to try out your reasoning. Let's give it a go:

If I went to test the bible, then I would be admitting the bible to be untrue. Therefore I have no need to test the bible, for it is true.

It's the other way around. I have no need to test or even read the Bible. If I did, I would admitting that it is true.

A Christian knows the bible confirms itself. Without testing.

A non-Christian knows that the Bible refutes itself without even looking at it.

Look evolution has nothing to stand on of it's own, that's why evolution has to tested.

Evolution doesn't need to be tested. It's true. If I tested evolution, I would be admitting that it is untrue.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
And in post #308 Enoch07 proudly capitulated with the words
/quote
There is nothing more to talk about.
/endquote

Yes, then you ran your mouth in post #309, because you can't resist doing it. Grow up and move on already.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Yes, then you ran your mouth in post #309, because you can't resist doing it. Grow up and move on already.

/quote
/endquote

I don't crawl into the corner because you say so

ChristineM

Premium Member
LoLz

I never said for you "to crawl into a corner". ;)

/quote
/endquote

And he's still talking, Another fact to refute creationism

So evolution, the evidence, and I speak as a scientist, I need to go an buy I shovel look for different places were a fossil might show up, and start digging. I could, but I am not an archeologist .

So I sit here with you and listen to you...

Your turn, how do you evidently prove evolution?