• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"One Fact to Refute Creationism"

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I do believe he's trolling you. Personally, I'd cut bait and bail, but that's me. :)

Perhaps, or we could all concentrate on teaching him what evidence is in the first place. I asked him a question very early on that indicated at the very least that he did not understand the concept of evidence. He has been running away from my offer to help him understand the concept ever since.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Perhaps, or we could all concentrate on teaching him what evidence is in the first place. I asked him a question very early on that indicated at the very least that he did not understand the concept of evidence. He has been running away from my offer to help him understand the concept ever since.
Which is why I think he's just out trolling.

So have you read the bible?
Have you read any other book?
Have you read Charles Darwin?

So which of them do you trust in and which don't you??

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So have you read the bible?
Have you read any other book?
Have you read Charles Darwin?

So which of them do you trust in and which don't you??

Yes, and yes. One should trust the books that have been tested and found to be correct. The Bible actually tells you not to test it. That is not a good sign when someone is trying to sell you "the truth".

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So you trust in Darwin...

I don't!!
Not just Darwin, but the work of hundreds of thousands of scientists since his time. Work that has been independently been tested and found to be correct.

You appear to believe a book written by bronze age sheep shaggers. A book that has hundreds if not thousands of flaws. It has bad science, failed prophecies, worse morals and other faults. Why would anyone believe that?

I find it an valuable source... The bondings of the book is not a straight red thread, but a red thread vowen in infinity sign. But I am concerned about this... it is horrifying that you can reason that way.

"Let there be..." is a powerful phrase for fabricants, industries, economics, productions, and tabula rasa.

Some month ago I flipped a burger and valued that food to 10000000000000~. I tried find some buyers, I found none. So i ate the burger myself.

Last edited:

Thermos aquaticus

I don't!!

We don't have to trust Darwin. We have 150 years of data that we can use to test Darwin's ideas, some of which turned out to be wrong (e.g. Darwin's ideas on inheritance). You seem to be under the false impression that scientists rely on authority to make claims. We don't. We cite data, and we rigorously test hypotheses with new data and new experiments. Darwin himself cited volumes of physical evidence that could be used to test his ideas (e.g. biogeography, nested hierarchies).

Audie

Veteran Member

I don't!!

I would trust the bible to be a compendium of folk tales and folk wisdom of a people.

I would not trust it to be very accurate.

There is nothing in "Darwin" that cannot be independently verified.

There is nothing in stories like "Flood" that cannot be independently falsified.