• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

On Getting Older

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Probably, but how can I find it?
I registered in a marriage website and got noting so far. Maybe, just maybe!

Maybe try some different websites/agencies? How about socially or work-wise or hobbies, do you get to meet many single women?

Are you interested in yoga? A male friend of mine recently went to a yoga class and said he was the only man there - not that he was looking though. ;)

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Maybe try some different websites/agencies? How about socially or work-wise or hobbies, do you get to meet many single women?

Are you interested in yoga? A male friend of mine recently went to a yoga class and said he was the only man there - not that he was looking though. ;)

Actually it is no difficult to get married here. I could ask my mother to find a bride at any moment and know her better in the engagement period. I guess I'm just too scared of marriage.

One day maybe... one day.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Talking with a friend last night and I realized there was another thing that changed when I broke a half Century.

I use to love going on roofs, I was a painter in my high school days and I was on roofs all the time. I use to see if I could climb up onto roofs for fun.

Got a new house after a half century, needed to get on the roof, got the ladder, got up there, and I sat on the edge and said to myself...."I don't want to do this anymore" So I got off the roof and called a guy to come do the job I was going to do.

Have not gotten back up on a roof since, ladder to edge of roof is no problem, just don't ask me to get on it

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Talking with a friend last night and I realized there was another thing that changed when I broke a half Century.

I use to love going on roofs, I was a painter in my high school days and I was on roofs all the time. I use to see if I could climb up onto roofs for fun.

Got a new house after a half century, needed to get on the roof, got the ladder, got up there, and I sat on the edge and said to myself...."I don't want to do this anymore" So I got off the roof and called a guy to come do the job I was going to do.

Have not gotten back up on a roof since, ladder to edge of roof is no problem, just don't ask me to get on it
Roofs conspire with dirt to pull you down & break bones.
I suspect that ladders are in on the conspiracy too.
I've seen it happen!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Roofs conspire with dirt to pull you down & break bones.
I suspect that ladders are in on the conspiracy too.
I've seen it happen!

Well you do not see me running up ladders like I use to either... and carrying a bunch of roof shingles and doing it is never EVER going to happen again....but I have no problem with cleaning the gutters.....yet..... but then they have coevers on them so that does not happen as much as it use to either.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I use to scale up the antenna tower on my parents' house and get up on the roof frequently when I was a kid, even as a young adult to help clear gutters and such, but now... I went over a few months ago to help them get a broken flagpole off their roof (storm knocked it down and it was hanging on roof and dangling over edge over their driveway only held up by the rope that was attached and caught on a bolt). Climbing up didn't go as quick as it use to and the idea of climbing across the roof nearly three stories high just didn't appeal to me at all. I did get it down for them, but I will say being up there wasn't near as much fun as it use to be. :p

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
First things first.....
Get off'n me lawn, ya dang kids!

Now, what have you noticed as you age?
If you aren't that old, what do you expect as you age?

I'm 62 now.
On get'n older.....
- I've noticed that the world becomes more complex.
- I'm conscious of the importance of organizing my affairs so that my survivors won't be overwhelmed by complications, difficulties, & massive amounts of stuff.
- Staying fit is harder than it used to be.
- There's so much interesting stuff to do. I can barely recall what it was once like to feel boredom.

Thinking of this. :D, OMG

1441365931-320d74ba006047f82fa2134bc8a2aa5f-810x426.jpg