• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

On changing the $10 bill instead of the $20

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
"Currency is redesigned to stay ahead of counterfeiting," the US Treasury says. "The ACD Steering Committee recommended a redesign of the $10 note next. The ACD will make its next recommendation based on current and potential security threats to currency notes."

The ACD bases those recommendations on the "current and potential security threats to currency notes," and it turns out that the $10 bill is at a greater threat of being counterfeit than the $20 bill.

- Why the US Treasury is changing the $10 bill instead of the 20
Frankly, I would have been happier seeing Harriet Tubman on the $20 bill.

dust1n

Zindīq
Whatever happened to cool statues too. American feels far too statue-less.

1-harriet-tubman-thomas-garrett-memorial-rendering1.jpg

Flankerl

Is it really important who's face is on a banknote?

If it's so horrible everyone can give me the banknotes he/she doesn't want.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe if the new block-chain currency ideas work out we can name one of them after Tubman.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
No doubt they will change the currency portraits to coincide with the phase out of currency. Why not put Ronald MacDonald on your money?

dust1n

Zindīq
All joking aside, I am a little dismayed at the ease and sarcasm with which people denigrate the power and value of symbolism -- not that I think that you are doing anything of the kind.

Right. I except if didn't matter whose face was on a bill or a coin, then there wouldn't be one there in the first place.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
All joking aside, I am a little dismayed at the ease and sarcasm with which people denigrate the power and value of symbolism -- not that I think that you are doing anything of the kind.
Its true they do. On the other hand our country has a fairly dirty history when it comes to this subject. Our history is a lot to accept, and the people that are venerated are often not what they seem.