• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OM -orgasmic meditation

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friends,

Just learned about this new age technique.
What is Orgasmic Meditation?
Orgasmic Meditation (OM) is a practice in which one partner gently strokes the other partner’s clitoris for 15 minutes.

OM consists of a defined sequences of steps, and is a goalless practice – the only job for both partners is to feel.

It’s deliberate and structured with repeatable results. It’s a meditation, equally powerful for both partners – only the object of focus is the clitoris.

Practitioners experience benefits similar to other mindfulness practices such as sitting meditation, as well as the well-known health benefits associated with orgasm.

It’s profound, yet simple and you can have it whether you are single or coupled.

Your views!

Love & rgds

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Friends,
What is Orgasmic Meditation?
Orgasmic Meditation (OM) is a practice in which one partner gently strokes the other partner’s clitoris for 15 minutes.

OM consists of a defined sequences of steps, and is a goalless practice – the only job for both partners is to feel.

It’s deliberate and structured with repeatable results. It’s a meditation, equally powerful for both partners – only the object of focus is the clitoris.

Practitioners experience benefits similar to other mindfulness practices such as sitting meditation, as well as the well-known health benefits associated with orgasm.

It’s profound, yet simple and you can have it whether you are single or coupled.

640px-01-how-about-no-bear.jpg

so ok, it's about two people masturbating each other. I though it was called "having sex", not "spirituality"...

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friends,

Agree with all of you.
However the state of enlightenment is a state of sat-chit-anand or bliss which is permanent.
Here atleast the bliss is temporary and far away from TRUTH.

Love & rgds

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This thread is marvelous. Every single post in it.

I really mean that, and i frubaled every poster to prove it.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Badran,

Thank you for your action but however you have not shared your thoughts on the subject matter, is it anywhere near meditation per se?

Love & rgds

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I think it's sad that people are putting this down. Seems to be a reflection of prudish attitudes in society. Masturbation, sex and orgasm are all spiritual. For some of us, it's certainly easier to do than boring meditations.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Friend Badran,

Thank you for your action but however you have not shared your thoughts on the subject matter, is it anywhere near meditation per se?

Love & rgds

Well my opinion certainly doesn't count in this DIR and even on the subject matter generally, but since it's a green DIR and you asked i'll say that i can see how this might be approached as a spiritual practice and really don't think there's anything necessarily inhibiting of that.

I define meditation pretty loosely.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend sf,

Really spirituality is when you are in oneness with the spirit and we as humans follow various paths/ways/religions to understand and then to merge in oneness we practise various methods and one of the methods is 'tantra' where some uses sex too but in this sex there is to be no fall of energy [ejaculation] but both partners to help each other reach the peak of consciousness, remain there as long as possible and then come back.

Meaning that one need not allow the mind to take sides like good or bad and be like the spirit which is there in everything without taking sides.

Love & rgds

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Badran,

Thank you for your response.
True the doorway to consciousness is limited using OM as shown its originator whereas OM is a word which when uttered as a meditation mantra as its sound is said to transcend all the three states of Life, Preservation and death. The word OM has a great significance to those who have understood it and used it but for others it is just another other two letter word

Love & rgds

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Scimitar,

lool some of the responses gave me a good laugh.

Any faith which doesn't recognise people as equals, and then talks about stroking clitoris' for spiritual gratification - has to be a complete fallacy.

Don't you agree?
Am not sure we have discussed about any 'faith' here besides spirituality has nothing to do with 'faith' as spirituality is common for all human beings.
Rgds stroking of clitoris for spiritual gratification - surely when couples engage in such acts out of love for each other then maybe their spirits are more in oneness but limited and temporary in nature.

Love & rgds

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm certainly not thinking spiritually (except maybe grunting "Oh God!") when my husband is giv... well, nevermind. :eek:

Amechania

Daimona of the Helpless
I like the fact that the goal isn't orgasm but simply to feel. It would be difficult not to succumb to arousal, forget the meditation, and go for it, especially with a partner. It might be something worth trying alone at first.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
i think its stupid to feel that way, when you can feel in better ways that actually benefit your spiritual progress... like feeling empathy, sympathy, love for humanity etc

why reduce the spiritual concept down to base human desires of sexual gratification? it's a huge step backwards.

I think it's honorable in a way. It turns even "base human desires" into a method of meditation.

Self-flagellation has become a euphemism.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Ah yes, the good old flogging the human body for spiritual progress was already exposed as a way to mind control people through guilt tripping them.

Somehow a guilt trip results in self mutilation and that's spiritual progress? I hardly think so.

Two opposing extremes, one of pleasure and one of pain... they hardly cut the mustard.

Differing definitions of what spiritual progress is then. After all, progress is subjective to the individual.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
i think its stupid to feel that way, when you can feel in better ways that actually benefit your spiritual progress... like feeling empathy, sympathy, love for humanity etc

why reduce the spiritual concept down to base human desires of sexual gratification? it's a huge step backwards.

Empathy, sympathy, and love are no more, or less, spiritual than sexuality. The step backwards is attempting to define any natural human behavior which is positive and enriching as somehow negative, thereby making people deny or negate parts of themselves which are necessary for a fulfilling existence. People need to realize that their own shame, guilt, or weirdness about sexuality doesn't make it a bad thing for people who are actually psychologically and emotionally balanced and healthy.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
oh the same old tired "subjective" argument. Please spare me the weak explanations.

Let's look to how spirituality is defined, and stay within that spectrum, yes?

Etymologically, the word 'spiritual' means anything that relates to spirit or soul and not to physical nature and matter.

For a Christian, spirituality means having an intimate and personal relationship with God who exists outside of the creation and has revealed himself in the form of a man in the person of Jesus Christ, like sun shining in a mirror.

Non-religious, secular people define spirituality in a humanistic term. They emphasize on morality and qualities such as love, compassion, tolerance, forgiveness, responsibility, and concerns for others, and 'aspects of life and human experience which go beyond a purely materialist view of the world without necessarily accepting belief in a supernatural reality or divine being.'

So a basic definition of spirituality is the quality of one’s sensitivity to the things that are not of material/corporal/carnal in nature. Eating, drinking, physical comfort and sex are functions of the body, whereas love, fairness, compassion and kindness are faculties of the spirit. These are qualities that cannot be directly perceived by our senses but they can be felt powerfully and whose effects can be deduced or inferred by our observations.

For most people, spirituality means focusing on “the inside of life.” This definition is more or less accepted by people of all faiths and no faith.

Now that's been settled, let's stay within those confines.
Yes, now that you're done rattling off, let's get back on subject.

The spiritual is anything that inspires awe and feelings relative to it. Love, sex, fasting, pain, etc have all been used in a previous times to have "religious experiences" or "spiritual experiences". Hell, whirling dervishes just spun in circles to experience it via dizziness.

So, let's stay on topic and out of your minimalist box.