• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oklahoma -- where abortion is now illegal even BEFORE you are pregnant!

Will Oklahoma hold God responsible for failure to implant?

• Yes

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Oklahoma politicians are bonkers

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Here is a screenshot showing more of the screen.
There are different definitions of the word conception. Conception in regards to pregnancy specifically refers to the implantation of a blastocyte. There is no pregnancy unless a blastocyte successfully implants.

I do agree with you that there are multiple problems with this bill.

Clizby Wampuscat

There are different definitions of the word conception. Conception in regards to pregnancy specifically refers to the implantation of a blastocyte. There is no pregnancy unless a blastocyte successfully implants.
That is not what some definitions say. In the end I think the bill needs to be more clear on this. It reads to me that the intent is to prevent the intentional termination of an implanted blastocyte not to prevent a fertilization event.

I do agree with you that there are multiple problems with this bill.
If my above interpretation is correct I am for this bill.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
That's not answering my question. Why not look to the silver lining in abortion in at least those souls go to Heaven and will never risk losing that?
The answer to your question is in my answer.

If that were the standard, why limit it to babies in the womb? Why not out of the womb? why not adults?

Reactions: KW

crossfire

Premium Member
That is not what some definitions say. In the end I think the bill needs to be more clear on this. It reads to me that the intent is to prevent the intentional termination of an implanted blastocyte not to prevent a fertilization event.
Pregnancy is a medical condition whereby a blastocyte has been implanted within an individual. By definition, pregnancy does not occur before this.

KW

Yes, you read that correctly. Oklahoma has just passed a law that defines "human life" as anything from the moment of fertilization.

But pregnancy requires implantation. Medical science knows well that many, many fertilized eggs do not successfully implant, and are thus flushed, and no pregnancy results.

My question is this: is Oklahoma going to hold God accountable for that FAILURE, because failure is indeed what it is, and given that it is outside of the control of any human, can only be in the hands of God? And how will they exact punishment?

Why do you call yourself Catholic?

amorphous_constellation

If that were the standard, why limit it to babies in the womb? Why not out of the womb? why not adults?

We live in a complex world. Small details in engineering can cause defects in structures. Computer system errors stem from errors in small bits of code. Small mistakes can cause errors operating heavy machinery. Therefore, knowing that this complexity exists in those places, we can see that we might 'increase the resolution' on how we see other issues.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
We live in a complex world. Small details in engineering can cause defects in structures. Computer system errors stem from errors in small bits of code. Small mistakes can cause errors operating heavy machinery. Therefore, knowing that this complexity exists in those places, we can see that we might 'increase the resolution' on how we see other issues.
Great statements... but application to the subject?

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I heard yesterday that many republicans voted against some 27 or 28 million dollar baby formula aid thing. Is that true, and why would they do that, if they want all these babies

Meanwhile, both parties are willing to fund the ukraine war for 40 billion, apparently. I add that detail, since it may show context

Get 'em birthed, then forget about them, except for proselytizing to them in public schools.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Well, other medical definitions have a different definition of pregnancy. They should have defined it in the bill. It seems they do mean after implantation you cannot terminate the pregnancy due to contraceptives being allowed.

pregnancies
The more republicans push this issue the more fallout they are asking for.

Clizby Wampuscat

Pregnancy is a medical condition whereby a blastocyte has been implanted within an individual. By definition, pregnancy does not occur before this.
This is not how some define the word as I pointed out. However, that does not matter. Do you agree that the intent of the bill is to prevent the intentional termination of an implanted blastocyte not to prevent a fertilization event?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

Adults may not go to Heaven. Out of the womb? At what age must they go through with the whole accepting Jesus thing and are held accountable?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
This is not how some define the word as I pointed out. However, that does not matter. Do you agree that the intent of the bill is to prevent the intentional termination of an implanted blastocyte not to prevent a fertilization event?
We'd first have to demonstrate the bill's authors actually know anything about reproduction and pregnancy.

Clizby Wampuscat

The more republicans push this issue the more fallout they are asking for.
How so? depending on the poll 43%-47% of women are prolife. I would say the more dems push unrestricted abortion the more fallout they will get, most people want some restrictions. We will see, when women cannot afford gas or get baby formula for example, will they vote dems? or will they see that abortion is still legal and vote republican in November?

crossfire

Premium Member
How so? depending on the poll 43%-47% of women are prolife. I would say the more dems push unrestricted abortion the more fallout they will get, most people want some restrictions. We will see, when women cannot afford gas or get baby formula for example, will they vote dems? or will they see that abortion is still legal and vote republican in November?
With the Texas-like provisions of anyone being able to sue anyone abetting an abortion, out of fear of a lawsuit, pharmacists will quit dispensing drugs for the aftercare of a miscarriage because they are the same drugs used for a medicinal abortion. Women who don't get aftercare treatment for a miscarriage will face possible future fertility issues. (The number of pregnancies that end in miscarriage are pretty close to the number of pregnancies that end in abortion.)

F1fan

Veteran Member
Republicans are taking advantage of the c circumstances of the Supreme Court being packed with right wing judges to pass ideological laws banning abortion access for women. They have made no provisions for pregnancies that are in trouble. They have made no adjustments to social services for the extra burden these laws will cause on their states. It is a catastrophe. It's irresponsible and sloppy and extremist. The vast majority pot citizens want reproductive rights for women. The more Republicans push this eobsolete, 1950's style bans on reproductive rights the less they will appeal to the average citizens.

depending on the poll 43%-47% of women are prolife.
Fine, they are Christians with conservative Christian morals. If their morals say they don't agree with terminating a fetus then they can not have that procedure done. But these laws are imposing right wing Christian morals onto all women in the USA and that is going backwards as a nation. The USA is a secular nation, not a Christian theocracy as Republicans are trying to impose.

I would say the more dems push unrestricted abortion the more fallout they will get, most people want some restrictions.
Democrats are pushing any such thing. They are allowing their constituents the freedom to make decisions with their doctors about their reproduction. If you don't like it, then mind your own business. It has nothing to do with you.

We will see, when women cannot afford gas or get baby formula for example, will they vote dems?
They will if they are forced to give birth as republicans demand. Do you think being pregnant and giving birth is a cost effective option for a struggling family The Democrats have vastly more to offer these women than republicans do. If you disagree feel free to tell us what great policies republicans offer women in poverty.

or will they see that abortion is still legal and vote republican in November?
Why would any sane person vote republican? What do republicans offer the average citizen? More tax cuts for the wealthy?

F1fan

Veteran Member
Do you think this bill is a good idea? If so, why?