• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh no, Joe...

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
The title says everything here, folks.
Joe Biden's campaign says he misspoke when he said 'poor kids' are just as bright as 'white kids'

Joe Biden's campaign says he misspoke when he said 'poor kids' are just as bright as 'white kids' - CNNPolitics

I'm not a fan of Joe Biden, I'd never vote for him. But between him accidentally calling Cory Booker the President, not being able to remember his own campaign website URL, and now... just, this... I honestly just feel bad for this man. Somebody please put him out of his misery and get him out of the race. He just needs a beach chair, an umbrella and a cold glass of milk and cookies by the sea. Today's media'll give this poor man a heart attack and God knows people aren't gonna let him off the hook for it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The title says everything here, folks.
Joe Biden's campaign says he misspoke when he said 'poor kids' are just as bright as 'white kids'

Joe Biden's campaign says he misspoke when he said 'poor kids' are just as bright as 'white kids' - CNNPolitics

I'm not a fan of Joe Biden, I'd never vote for him. But between him accidentally calling Cory Booker the President, not being able to remember his own campaign website URL, and now... just, this... I honestly just feel bad for this man. Somebody please put him out of his misery and get him out of the race. He just needs a beach chair, an umbrella and a cold glass of milk and cookies by the sea. Today's media'll give this poor man a heart attack and God knows people aren't gonna let him off the hook for it.
I don't hold this against him.
It's so minor compared to things that matter.

Reminds me of Obama's slip about being a Muslim.
Meh....sometimes the mouth gets ahead of the brain.

Shiranui117

Premium Member
I don't hold this against him.
It's so minor compared to things that matter.

Reminds me of Obama's slip about being a Muslim.
Meh....sometimes the mouth gets ahead of the brain.
I don't either. I just find it incredibly tragic that he keeps gaffing consistently like this. I'd at least like to see the Democrats lose out honorably on the field of battle. Biden is doing it all to himself. It's like playing a Super Expert level on Mario Maker 2, and you lose your last life by immediately running face-first into a stationary Thwomp.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
As a side note, the day Ole Joe made the ridiculous statement that the Republicans were going to "...put you back in chains..." he was in my neck of the woods. After that speech, for some reason he went to have a sandwich miles away in a little place in a town of about 1000. I was on my way to a job when I met Joe's motorcade on a two lane back road. There were scads of State Troopers on motorcycles (they forced me off the road, btw) which was totally foreign to our area. There were troopers in cars, there were about four large black SUV's with dark windows (one of which held the Vice Prez), there were "PRESS" vans, there were more local and state cops, and finally, an ambulance. I remember thinking that Joe's motorcade here in the middle of nowhere, was the only thing that impressed me during the entire Obama regime.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
"He also accidentally referred to German Chancellor Angela Merkel as former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher before correcting himself."

"And during his soapbox speech at the Iowa State Fair, Biden flubbed his "we choose truth over lies" line -- instead saying, "We choose truth over facts.""

Wow...:facepalm:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But given his age, there's an unfortunate and obvious question that needs to be asked and answered.
Are kids on his lawn?
Does he wear a hat when he drives?
Does he eat dinner at 4pm?
I don't think any of those things matter, especially at the White House.

Shiranui117

Premium Member
Are kids on his lawn?
And one more question: Is he fit to be in the White House for 4 years?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Are kids on his lawn?
So early stages of alzheimer's does not matter to you. Well, considering Reagan and perhaps Trump, you might be right for some people. But not me.

And of course, I'm not accusing him of being in that state but knowing people who have gone down that one way street, I have to wonder if what we're seeing is normal foot in mouth or not.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So early stages of alzheimer's does not matter to you.
I'll play your game....
So you assume that every senior suffers from alzheimer's.
Well, considering Reagan and perhaps Trump, you might be right for some people. But not me.

And of course, I'm not accusing him of being in that state but knowing people who have gone down that one way street, I have to wonder if what we're seeing is normal foot in mouth or not.
You sound very prejudicial.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'll play your game....
So you assume that every senior suffers from alzheimer's.

You sound very prejudicial.
I'm in my mid-70's so the answer is obvious and no. But I've seen people who are developing it as well and the incidence goes up with age.

As to prejuducial, when it comes to competence to hold higher office, you darn tooting I'm prejudiced and proud of it. Assuming you're not, I'd guess you were totally open to AOC running for president in 8 years or so and might vote for her.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
As to prejuducial, when it comes to competence to hold higher office, you darn tooting I'm prejudiced and proud of it. Assuming you're not.....
Unlike you, I've no age prejudice.
It's possible that a geezer could be the best candidate.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Unlike you, I've no age prejudice.
It's possible that a geezer could be the best candidate.
You're ignoring what I actually wrote. I did not dispute that at all. The Constitution has an age restriction for President that mandates experience (age) way beyond early adulthood (for its time). There was a reason for that.

But it's also true that geezerhood comes with specific issues for SOME people.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Did he do so for several years?
Or is this the usual Trump supporters false equivalency?

You're kinda famous for that, in case nobody else has brought it to your attention.
You're kinda famous for getting really wrong inferences....& for being really gay.
In this case, I'm just more aware of things than you are.
If you want to be more so, search youtube for...
"obama my muslim faith"

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
You're kinda famous for getting really wrong inferences....& for being really gay.
In this case, I'm just more aware of things than you are.
If you want to be more so, search youtube for...
"obama my muslim faith"
So,
You're drawing an equivalence between that and Trump's claims, for years and through most of the 2016 campaign.
Despite the big row between Obama and the excruciatingly Christian pastor of the church Obama attended for years.
Google Jeremiah Wright, in case you slept through that part of 2008.

You still think that Trump's birtherism is equivalent to Obama's one statement.

Got it.
Tom