• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama would make talking about guns a CRIME.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Obummer would make sharing ANY information about firearms on the internet a Federal Crime!
I'm not talking about how to illegally make a sound supressor (silencer) or converting
a semi-auto firearm into an illegal machine gun, or how to make illegal explosives, but merely
TALKING about guns.
As most all know Americans have had a love affair (for better or worse) with firearms since
the first settlers came to this nation.
The country was founded by force of arms. (for better or worse)
The purpose of this post isn't to debate firearms ownership tho if you must venture your
liberal opinions that's o.k. with me.

"The blogosphere is sounding off about a pending new Obama policy that would impact not only the 2nd Amendment, but the 1st Amendment as well"
"Gun control and control of free speech would be combined in a new Obama administration plan that could send Second Amendment advocates to prison."

"The National Rifle Association (NRA) is furious about new regulations announced last week. The plan uses national security as an excuse to threaten gun advocates with prison time for sharing information about “military-style weapons. The problem is that almost every firearm is considered “military-style” by President Obama and the gun-control crowd.

These new restrictions involve commonly and legally available personal firearms."

I'm a member of just a couple outdoor sports forums where firearms, archery, fishing, are main topics.
I've never once seen anyone post anything even suggestive of illegal for 20 active years.
One small private forum has about 60 members and us'ns have been "e" friends for the better
part of 20 years. We are folks that just like to shoot, many don't even hunt game, most are capable
of using a firearm if needed in a case of extreme defense.
I personally own 5 AR (assault rifles) all legal, all converted to sporting applications, all very accurate
and the only thing they threaten is a rogue garden munching groundhog.
I collect Smith and Wesson revolvers from the period from 1960 to 1980. Most are never even loaded
much less fired.
I have mountains of ammo, not a "prepper" but stocked up when prices were low.
Simply a matter of economics.
I also own some darned fine flintlock rifles of the 1780 ish time period. They are hand made
replicas of originals and are quite pricey and down right works of art.
(flintlock = firearm using black powder and loaded from the muzzle one shot at a time)
Pieces of fine historic craftsmanship and very pretty-the wood blank for the stock of my
American Jeager cost $400 bucks 20 years ago. She's a beauty. She's killed nothing
but paper.
Air powered rifles. I have 5 expensive ones used to hunt squirrels.
I grew up in the country, we hunted to supplement store bought food.
When I was a kid we were allowed to take our hunting guns, be they air rifles or firearms
for "show and tell" the teacher would assure nothing was loaded and no one thought a bad
thing about it.
Now Obummer wants TALKING about firearms a Federal Crime?

» New Obama Policy Would Make “Merely Posting Firearm Information on the Internet” a Crime Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I see it now. A massive roundup of 12 year old kids who were monitored playing COD and Medal of Honor online discussing their acquisition of weapons of mass destruction.....

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Obummer would make sharing ANY information about firearms on the internet a Federal Crime!
I'm not talking about how to illegally make a sound supressor (silencer) or converting
a semi-auto firearm into an illegal machine gun, or how to make illegal explosives, but merely
TALKING about guns.
As most all know Americans have had a love affair (for better or worse) with firearms since
the first settlers came to this nation.
The country was founded by force of arms. (for better or worse)
The purpose of this post isn't to debate firearms ownership tho if you must venture your
liberal opinions that's o.k. with me.

"The blogosphere is sounding off about a pending new Obama policy that would impact not only the 2nd Amendment, but the 1st Amendment as well"
"Gun control and control of free speech would be combined in a new Obama administration plan that could send Second Amendment advocates to prison."

"The National Rifle Association (NRA) is furious about new regulations announced last week. The plan uses national security as an excuse to threaten gun advocates with prison time for sharing information about “military-style weapons. The problem is that almost every firearm is considered “military-style” by President Obama and the gun-control crowd.

These new restrictions involve commonly and legally available personal firearms."

I'm a member of just a couple outdoor sports forums where firearms, archery, fishing, are main topics.
I've never once seen anyone post anything even suggestive of illegal for 20 active years.
One small private forum has about 60 members and us'ns have been "e" friends for the better
part of 20 years. We are folks that just like to shoot, many don't even hunt game, most are capable
of using a firearm if needed in a case of extreme defense.
I personally own 5 AR (assault rifles) all legal, all converted to sporting applications, all very accurate
and the only thing they threaten is a rogue garden munching groundhog.
I collect Smith and Wesson revolvers from the period from 1960 to 1980. Most are never even loaded
much less fired.
I have mountains of ammo, not a "prepper" but stocked up when prices were low.
Simply a matter of economics.
I also own some darned fine flintlock rifles of the 1780 ish time period. They are hand made
replicas of originals and are quite pricey and down right works of art.
(flintlock = firearm using black powder and loaded from the muzzle one shot at a time)
Pieces of fine historic craftsmanship and very pretty-the wood blank for the stock of my
American Jeager cost $400 bucks 20 years ago. She's a beauty. She's killed nothing
but paper.
Air powered rifles. I have 5 expensive ones used to hunt squirrels.
I grew up in the country, we hunted to supplement store bought food.
When I was a kid we were allowed to take our hunting guns, be they air rifles or firearms
for "show and tell" the teacher would assure nothing was loaded and no one thought a bad
thing about it.
Now Obummer wants TALKING about firearms a Federal Crime?

» New Obama Policy Would Make “Merely Posting Firearm Information on the Internet” a Crime Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Any other source, even Fox-****ing-News, would be better than this distilled horse****.

jeager106

Premium Member

Any other source, even Fox-****ing-News, would be better than this distilled horse****.
:shrug::shrug:
Huh?
'Splain please, if you will?
Your expression was because of the source? website? person writing the information?
The information is distilled horse poopy?
I don't know the source site, never heard of it. Don't know the author, never heard
of 'em.
So if you'd explain I'm sure I would understand better why the intense rebuke of the
material.
Ya, know I am continually impressed by the level if intelligence of most of the members here.
That is NOT horse pucky, nor an attempt to suck up. It's simply the way I read people
here with deep respect to most.
That includes you. No one could ever demean your intelligence, fact is I rather rely on
things you say for my own enlightenment.:sunglasses: (that Emoji is YOU with your shades:D)

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Huh?
Your expression was because of the source? website? person writing the information?
I don't know the source site, never heard of it. Don't know the author, never heard
of 'em.
So if you'd explain I'm sure I would understand better why the intense rebuke of the
material.
Ya, know I am continually impressed by the level if intelligence of most of the members here.
That is NOT horse pucky, nor an attempt to suck up. It's simply the way I read people
That includes you. No one could ever demean your intelligence, fact is I rather rely on
things you say for my own enlightenment.:sunglasses: (that Emoji is YOU with your shades:D)
Alex Jones is conspiracy-theorist garbage, just a few steps up from those who talk about lizard-people from the Draco system.

jeager106

Premium Member
Ohhhhhh. O.K. I get it. So this is just so much anti liberal hype.
I didn't know the guy at all and thank you.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So is there an actual bill we could review, or is this just something being talked about that someone's blown all out of proportion?

Marisa

Huh?
of 'em.
material.
If you know nothing of the . . . . person . . . . disseminating this information why the hell do you take it as true?

Marisa

So is there an actual bill we could review, or is this just something being talked about that someone's blown all out of proportion?
Well you know that damn Obama, he's been 'a comin' for good 'Muricans' guns for almost 8 years now. Hasn't got here yet, but he's 'a comin'! Any minute now he'll be here, and he'll take those good folks' guns away!

Just

Any

Is he here yet?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Obummer would make sharing ANY information about firearms on the internet a Federal Crime!..........................................................!
You would need to quote an Obama source for us to see exactly what he said and wrote.
You didn't.......

Could you let us have a direct source, please?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I saw this news item earlier.
I didn't find a corroborating source, so while it might be real, it's too early to get worked up over it.
I'm prepared to go off the deep end once more evidence comes in.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well you know that damn Obama, he's been 'a comin' for good 'Muricans' guns for almost 8 years now. Hasn't got here yet, but he's 'a comin'! Any minute now he'll be here, and he'll take those good folks' guns away!
Obama has taken actions to limit gun rights, so it's proper to be wary of him.
He is no friend of civil libertarians.